Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung is going to accept Bitcoin  (Read 3687 times)
Dulanjaya (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

Is this really happening. I think this will be huge support for existing of bitcoin. Recently,I heard that Samsung started to accept Bitcoin on 3 countries. It is said that customers in Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Kaunas in the countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania will be able to purchase Samsung smartphones, tablets, laptops, TV sets, and more with cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cuong1610

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:50:18 PM

Is this really happening. I think this will be huge support for existing of bitcoin. Recently,I heard that Samsung started to accept Bitcoin on 3 countries. It is said that customers in Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, and Kaunas in the countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania will be able to purchase Samsung smartphones, tablets, laptops, TV sets, and more with cryptocurrency.
This is quite interesting, when a large corporation interested in BTC  Smiley
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:55:57 PM
Merited by aoihs00 (2)

You should at least share the links so that we can read and comment about it.

Anyways, maybe you are referring to this article: (UPDATED) Samsung Stores in the Baltic States Still Don’t Accept Cryptocurrencies

I'm not surprised by the Baltic + Samsung accepting it. Those states are very friendly anything related to cryptos (ICO,blockchain). Yes its a welcoming news and this is just a small step for crypto acceptance. Perhaps this is just a experiment for Samsung and if they see it going a positive way then it might be rolled out to other friendly nations as well.
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

this is very good news for the whole crypto world! a lot of strong and big companies begin to cooperate with all the crypto world! I think that if the same rhythm of development continues, then we will be able to reach a new level of the world's payment system in a few years!
thichtieuthuong

Activity: 310
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:06:48 PM

We all know that Samsung is a Big Bang in the world and if this is true, i think bitcoin prices will increase dramatically and probably as predicted Bitcoin could be up to $ 50,000 by the end of this year. One information is fun for us.

wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:07:55 PM

The CEO of Samsung in one of his interview said Bitcoin has faster rate of transaction with receipt of proof from the blockchain compare to the Fiat currency.l think the major reason is that the audit report from blockchain also fast and easy and also transparent.

Ninellechka

Activity: 332
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:20:53 PM

Yes, I heard it two weeks ago. And what can I say? I love such news very much! Grin This information is extremely exciting cause it makes us be sure that crypto is not just a hype, but a long-term business, a movement which is picking up pace and has all the chances, real chances to compete with the conventional fiat money Cool

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:24:53 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 12:50:12 AM by Anarchist

Anyone knows why only in the Baltic countries or is Samsung thinking to make it available in more countries then?
edit: @peter0425 thanks, LOL I don't why I am not surprised by this
Fluritex

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:25:31 PM

Ok so this can be huge but any confirmations for this info?
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:25:44 PM

Yes, I heard it two weeks ago. And what can I say? I love such news very much! Grin This information is extremely exciting cause it makes us be sure that crypto is not just a hype, but a long-term business, a movement which is picking up pace and has all the chances, real chances to compete with the conventional fiat money Cool
Wow! It would be a great idea if the samsung is trully accepting bitcoin in their company. It is another benefota from each other again. It was a good information and i am exciting to announce it. To announce by the samsung company that they accepting bitcoin as a payment. I am sure that the industry would be alive again.
AXELNetwork

Activity: 153
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:29:19 PM

This is something that should have happened a long time ago. Samsung is an innovative tech company so it makes sense that they'd take an innovative tech currency.

Learn more about the AXEL project here: https://axel.network/
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:31:48 PM

You should at least share the links so that we can read and comment about it.

Anyways, maybe you are referring to this article: (UPDATED) Samsung Stores in the Baltic States Still Don’t Accept Cryptocurrencies

I'm not surprised by the Baltic + Samsung accepting it. Those states are very friendly anything related to cryptos (ICO,blockchain). Yes its a welcoming news and this is just a small step for crypto acceptance. Perhaps this is just a experiment for Samsung and if they see it going a positive way then it might be rolled out to other friendly nations as well.

I have also stumbled upto to the same article while googling on the same news. However, pleaser read the entire article. It is a fake news. Samsung rolled out a press release confirming the same. Also the admin of Coppay removed his Medium post after that announcement. It's a confirmed fake news!

PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

Hope that Samsung will also accept crypto on different countries. With this adoption of Samsung into cryptos this will definitely help in spreading the world of bitcoin and other crypto into the general public. The higher the adoption rate of the community into bitcoin the higher will be its value in the future.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

Yes, it would be good news. But while there is no concrete confirmation, and Samsung is silent ...
At the moment - this is just another journalistic trick for raising the rating and popularity.
The yellow press and nothing else.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:43:28 PM

if that is true it will have a good impact for bitcoin, and I think bitcoin is a currency in terms of money in digital form so it should be accepted as payment. Hopefully not only Samsung is possible for all items to accept bitcoin as payment
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:19:42 PM

Well I think this is a welcome idea on the part of the electronics company. This move will really help the excitation and the more usage of bitcon in the electronics market. But I think it will be a good idea if the  url link to this new is provided.  Thanks
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:23:06 PM

It's no wonder for me. More and more companies are beginning to accept BTC. This is good money. Why not make the difference?
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:29:44 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 02:23:51 AM by peter0425

Fake news as @avikz has pointed out:

[1] Another Fake Partnership as Samsung Denies CopPay Crypto Payments Deal
[2] Samsung denies reports about accepting cryptocurrency for in-store purchases
[3] No cryptocurrency payments in the Baltics for Samsung

@OP, Please locked this thread. There's no need to comment on because its already denied by Samsung and CopPay.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Bepesand

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:06:45 PM

We all know that Samsung is a Big Bang in the world and if this is true, i think bitcoin prices will increase dramatically and probably as predicted Bitcoin could be up to $ 50,000 by the end of this year. One information is fun for us.

If the Samsung acceptance of bitcoin is expanded to other countries such as US or China, then the price could be much higher.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:11:07 PM

I think this is a rumor which has been flying around for awhile now. https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/23/samsung-coppay-cryptocurrency-baltics/. since this is hoax it will be very good if such thing can happen and better than some terrible news that drag down the price of crypto. if things work out wellwe should have something like this in the nearest future but some online store such as newegg is accepting bitcoin and you can buy samsung from.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  All
  Print  

Jump to: