Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 164690 times)
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 02:01:33 AM

Attention: Vircurex seems to have BIG problems with their system! I do not trust them any more (nor do I trust BTC-E or cryptsy!) - fortunately I withdrew all my funds (except something worth less than a cent) a short time ago after reports (incl. a personal friend of mine) that LTC withdrawal sometimes takes days!

Now I see this in my own account: I am not only owning a very few remaining 0.000000xy LTC, but to my big surprise I am also owning BTC, DGC, DVC, FTC, IXC, NMC! Note that I never ever owned DGC, DVC, FTC, IXC or NMC on Vircurex!

It's worth less than a cent in total, so I am not too excited about this unexpected "fortune". It's even too few to trade it!
But it shows that something strange is going on at Vircurex!

Although I never made a buy order for those coin, they appear in my balance now! And looking at my history, the last transaction listed is from end of November, so the history list does neither include these (alleged) purchases of these coins, nor does it include my actual recent withdrawals.

So evidently the Vircurex server is completely messed up. This is a warning to everyone, and I am telling the truth, this is not a troll posting or something.

I am advising everyone to withdraw funds from Vircurex as long as it is still possible, I am expecting official bad news from Vircurex soon! - because this is certainly not a sustainable situation at Vircurex.

screenshot as evidence?
this is just FUD in my opinion if you cannot provide evidence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 02:02:05 AM

Attention: Vircurex seems to have BIG problems with their system! I do not trust them any more (nor do I trust BTC-E or cryptsy!) - fortunately I withdrew all my funds (except something worth less than a cent) a short time ago after reports (incl. a personal friend of mine) that LTC withdrawal sometimes takes days!

Now I see this in my own account: I am not only owning a very few remaining 0.000000xy LTC, but to my big surprise I am also owning BTC, DGC, DVC, FTC, IXC, NMC! Note that I never ever owned DGC, DVC, FTC, IXC or NMC on Vircurex!

It's worth less than a cent in total, so I am not too excited about this unexpected "fortune". It's even too few to trade it!

Although I never made a buy order for those coin, they appear in my balance now! And looking at my history, the last transaction listed is from end of November, so the history list does neither include these (alleged) purchases of these coins, nor does it include my actual recent withdrawals.

So evidently the Vircurex server is completely messed up. This is a warning to everyone, and I am telling the truth, this is not a troll posting or something.

I am advising everyone to withdraw funds from Vircurex as long as it is still possible, I am expecting official bad news from Vircurex soon! - because this is certainly not a sustainable situation at Vircurex.

Thanks for the feedback; did you ever get any referrals?  cuz that would generate some of the coins you don't own to be added to your account.

However, if you don't have any referrals when you click the referrals tab, then I agree with your thoughts; however, I'm ok with leaving some coins on there for now.

yes, please check the referrals tab first.

Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:28:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback; did you ever get any referrals?  cuz that would generate some of the coins you don't own to be added to your account.

However, if you don't have any referrals when you click the referrals tab, then I agree with your thoughts; however, I'm ok with leaving some coins on there for now.

Thanks kjlimo for this hint - indeed this "unexpected income" is from referrals (it's the first time ever I got some referrals for anything...). I added a clarification in my posting above. It is not my intention to produce any FUD, sorry and my apologies to Vircurex!

I thought I had to warn everyone because I have escaped SEVERAL times in the past certain exchanges/web wallets just shortly before customers lost funds, i.e. I was "smelling" the problem several times before... So I might be over-cautions now and too fast in warning the community in red letters... But I remain cautious because of the very large payout delays (days) with LTC that occurred a few times recently.

gigq

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:40:00 AM

So the LTC withdrawal issues you are talking about I've ran into multiple times with Vircurex.  I've never received confirmation of this but here is my theory on why it happens.

You'll notice if you submit a withdrawal through Vircurex you can go to the history page and see the withdrawal with a transaction id below it.  In every case where there is a transaction id in the history the withdrawal will go through without a problem.  If you initiate a withdrawal and the transaction id is blank well then your transaction is stuck.

I've had this happen multiple times now and every time I have to email support and eventually (sometimes it has taken days as you mention) they get to it and process the withdrawals.

My theory is that they are running out funds in their hot wallet.  As you may know exchanges keep some funds in a hot online wallet for immediate withdrawal, but to prevent a hacker from stealing all their coins if there is a break in they will keep a significant portion of their funds in cold storage (I've heard 95% cold to %5 hot used elsewhere).  Instead of the system returning an error at withdrawal time when there are no funds in the hot wallet (like MtGox does though their error message is very confusing when this happens) they simply go into the stuck no transaction id state and they have to be manually processed by Kumala.

The reason I believe this is true is I've had stuck withdrawals and tried to initiate smaller withdrawals and they go through ok, so my thinking is there must have been enough in the hot wallet for the small withdrawal but not the big one.  Also when this occurs it is always one wallet at a time never multiple currencies.

My biggest concern and reason for worry with Vircurex is that it seems like it is ran by one person and that person seems to leave it on auto pilot for days at a time.  So when there are problems like the stuck LTC transactions I mentioned before or the stuck withdrawals you are talking about it can take days before there is even any acknowledgement about the issue but usually once they acknowledge it, it gets fixed relatively quickly.
Michael_S

Activity: 278

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:14:00 AM

My theory is [...]
That's a likely explanation, yes.

I did not know it is run by one single person. If so, not very reassuring... if he gets hit by a bus, nobody will reload the hot wallet from cold storage...

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 04:54:29 PM

Thanks kjlimo for this hint - indeed this "unexpected income" is from referrals (it's the first time ever I got some referrals for anything...). I added a clarification in my posting above. It is not my intention to produce any FUD, sorry and my apologies to Vircurex!

I thought I had to warn everyone because I have escaped SEVERAL times in the past certain exchanges/web wallets just shortly before customers lost funds, i.e. I was "smelling" the problem several times before... So I might be over-cautions now and too fast in warning the community in red letters... But I remain cautious because of the very large payout delays (days) with LTC that occurred a few times recently.

Glad to help.  I know it's fun to learn that once in a while, those referrals actually generate something!  Woohoo!

I also appreciate any warnings; however, Vircurex did make me nervous when they started paying interest... they just seem too good to be true!  However, the interest is less than 1% annually, which seems reasonable given their business model.

So I'll keep watching closely, and enjoying their great service.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
gigq

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:27:15 PM

I did not know it is run by one single person. If so, not very reassuring... if he gets hit by a bus, nobody will reload the hot wallet from cold storage...

Worth noting I don't know it's ran by one person it just comes across that way due to how long it takes them to resolve issues.  I've had problems with LTC withdrawals for 3 days before it was fixed and that just reeks of a one man shop.

Last time it happen I let support know that they should really setup nagios or something similar to monitor their hot wallets.  That way if they do run out they get warned immediately and can proactively fix it instead of waiting for complaints to realize what's happened.  Doesn't solve the hit by a bus issue though.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:41:30 AM

mcxnow.com was only run by one person, too. Apparently it was not sustainable as it has closed business (temporarily at least) so the owner can have a rest.. I know many pools are only run by one person. scary if you think too much about it.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:47:52 PM

mcxnow.com was only run by one person, too. Apparently it was not sustainable as it has closed business (temporarily at least) so the owner can have a rest.. I know many pools are only run by one person. scary if you think too much about it.

heh, they will evolve as needed.

Fold for spending BTCs

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:01:13 PM

vircurex has added DOGE now!
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/vircurex
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:12:41 PM

Yep, already wasted some BTCs on them!

Fold for spending BTCs

HrN

Activity: 339

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:29:50 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 11:43:28 PM by HrN

Trusted! Smiley

.()_().
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:45:54 PM

I'm trying to withdraw a small amount of btc from vircurex, but the withdraw button is grey where I enter my amount/currency/receiving address. Anyone know what could cause this?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:31:46 PM

API still returning a status of 9999 when trying to release orders.

I reported this 9 days ago.
japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:38:41 PM

Hello Everyone!

I just discovered Vircurex and I think it's the best trading site I've ever seen! (I just left Cryptsy because of all the grief) Anyway I have a few questions if anyone would be inclined to help me with the answers.

1. I have several trading friends that I want to bring over. Is the referral program still in effect? I'd like to get some credit for recruiting them to Vircurex.

2. If the referral program is still in effect I'd like to create an open invitation to recruit new members with something like "I'll give you a WDC if you click here and join" type of offer. If referrals are still working what's the best way to go about doing the pay-out? Should I use the coupon feature? If that is the case what is the best mechanism to deliver the coupons?

I appreciate all the help here and thanks for a great exchange!

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

Hello Everyone!

I just discovered Vircurex and I think it's the best trading site I've ever seen! (I just left Cryptsy because of all the grief) Anyway I have a few questions if anyone would be inclined to help me with the answers.

1. I have several trading friends that I want to bring over. Is the referral program still in effect? I'd like to get some credit for recruiting them to Vircurex.

2. If the referral program is still in effect I'd like to create an open invitation to recruit new members with something like "I'll give you a WDC if you click here and join" type of offer. If referrals are still working what's the best way to go about doing the pay-out? Should I use the coupon feature? If that is the case what is the best mechanism to deliver the coupons?

According to post #442 Kumala said the referral program is not available for members who sign up after September 1st.  I think that info is correct.
japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:11:20 AM

Hello Everyone!

According to post #442 Kumala said the referral program is not available for members who sign up after September 1st.  I think that info is correct.

Thanks! I just wanted to confirm that the info was still accurate. I wish I had signed up before Sept. 1!

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:06:49 AM

I'm trying to withdraw a small amount of btc from vircurex, but the withdraw button is grey where I enter my amount/currency/receiving address. Anyone know what could cause this?

Is it more than the withdrawal fee 0.002 btc? 

The withdrawal button will remain grey until your withdrawal amount is more than 0.002 (it'll display how much you'll receive after the fee and that needs to be a positive number).

Fold for spending BTCs

Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:07:34 AM

Why is the withdrawal fee for bitcoins so high?
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:30:23 PM

Why is the withdrawal fee for bitcoins so high?

Because Bitcoin value has skyrocketed since the last time they lower it..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: