Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 4381 times)
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:00:37 PM

Do enlightenment of crypto traders. Make them all learn the basics of trading. They just invented the hold, in order to hide their ignorance. The author, I suggest you contact the appropriate authorities, in order that all crypto traders are required to take trading courses!

Grin Grin Grin

P.S. In post, you need to temper your ardor. You can just express your opinion. No one likes that you impose your opinion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

People should only hodl until it is profitable to sell. It's that simple. When I first started buying coins, I was told to keep hodling through the pumps and dumps. That was stupid advice because I could've made a lot of money by selling during the pumps. I won't be making that mistake again.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:45:14 PM

People should only hodl until it is profitable to sell. It's that simple. When I first started buying coins, I was told to keep hodling through the pumps and dumps. That was stupid advice because I could've made a lot of money by selling during the pumps. I won't be making that mistake again.

Now that is perfect answer to the HODL strategy here. Off courser you get the profits when you hold because our intention is to hold the crypto currencies until the time they get spiked and thus we will only sell during those period and making no loss at all.

I think it is but obvious but dont really know why OP is confused about the HODL strategy and saying that its not advisable. IMO saw someone with that attitude for the first time who went against the HODL strategy.  Wink
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:19:12 AM

Agree. So many people are victim of HODL, they are now crying because they hold so much, specially when you bought at the peak and then you decided to hold for long term, but until now, you don't have choice but to hold because you are at the loss and it is much better than to sell at loss.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:36:31 AM

it is true that hold reduces our experience to trade, hold only buy and wait for prices to rise high and not see analysis.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:24:11 AM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Maybe you have a good point on whats you means of your statements thats in crypto community  must learn the basic trading fundamentals,and maybe some all of us we already know about this process,otherwise hodl is important also,so that you can learn how to control and being patience to our  investment,when time that  market is bad,especialy now that market is in bearish situation,therefore in order to survive we must learn to hodl,and listen or nodded the situation in our own self instinct.

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:56:55 AM

Hodl is ok for crypto or Bitcoin as long as you're betting on long term investment like 10 years.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:07:42 AM

If you don't believe in HODL then maybe you should take a look at those who HODL on their Bitcoin that they bought way back 2015 or maybe we can go back 2 years ago. 2 years ago August 2016, price of Bitcoin is just around $500 USD, Bitcoin is now traded at $6,400 USD, thats 1,100% profits in just 2 years. They HODL thats why they are rich by now.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:12:15 AM

Not everyone having coins could be termed as traders.Traders are a separate sector who in-turn have two sections,day traders and just traders who don't trade much frequently.So holders are usually long term holders who just don't mind about fluctuations frequently occuring in the market and even they contribute much for the stability of crypto coins prices.So don't ever say that HODL is not good.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:02:44 AM

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Lol, as if trading doesnt have the risks of  lossing your invested funds. Its easy to say such things specially when you didnt experienced how frustrating trading is, most specially when youre just starting up.
I guess youre hodling method didnt went very well. Hodling doesnt even mean youre not selling it, youre referering to the word "hold" literally. 
I guess youre just overwhelemed to the fact that trading is profitable, but ofcourse when youre doing it right.
Here's an important word to ponder, "Patience". I can see you dont have enough patience in hodling method, how much more when youre trading. Trading doesnt only requires great patience, but also composure, emotional control, and know-how.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:49:08 AM

If you are a trader you are not going to make money by holding,the HODL means holding your cryptos with patience.Holding the coin can be good if it is very long term like in years imagine the price of bitcoin was under $1000 in the beginning of 2017 but now it is around $6500 so you can make 650% profits by holding which is not enough for you?

Why don't hold?  If that is the only way to avoid losing money, hold is not only for making profit, it is also for the people who buy at the high price and now facing losing money, if you continue holding your coin in this situation then you will be safe for the lost of your money .
I am just saying about the traders and trading,you can't make money in tradingif you are not moving your funds but by holding we can save our capital amount.But as a trader we still can make money from price fall too like converting the coins to the stable coins or to the coin where the prices increasing.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Sorry, Bro. I don't agree with you. According to your post, you may be a good trader (just guess). I think you know this cryptocurrency market is too volatile and I hope you know about volatile means. However, every trader knows the volatile market is very risky for trading. And you said HODL man don't have knowledge about trading, it's not good. I will say HODL patient and opposite man is impatient.

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:17:58 AM

I agree, with these current market performance in which the price is fluctuating then it is really tough to just rely on holding because the price is really unpredictable. This current market situation will not favor the long term invesment anymore but it should favor the short term and the day traders in which holding is not an option.
escalante28 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:58:33 AM

If you don't believe in HODL then maybe you should take a look at those who HODL on their Bitcoin that they bought way back 2015 or maybe we can go back 2 years ago. 2 years ago August 2016, price of Bitcoin is just around $500 USD, Bitcoin is now traded at $6,400 USD, thats 1,100% profits in just 2 years. They HODL thats why they are rich by now.

I do believed in HODL back that year. My opinion is for the current situation of the market because it was been 5 months and still bearish, so how would you make profit if you buried your investment for such a long time? If your investment capital is ready to sleep there for 10 years well you can hodl it. Again that suggestion is for the current situation of the market.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:22:46 AM

I agree that the walk is very long it does not always lead to big profits. No need to be greedy, you should periodically fix and cash out finances, or buy other assets)
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:24:30 AM

Everything require balance in cryptocurrency.  Holding too late might be as terrible as selling too quickly.  I therefore say you should not hold indefinitely your coin.  You must schedule timing no matter what the cryptocurrency market situation is to dispose some coin!

developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:37:16 AM

Sorry, Bro. I don't agree with you. According to your post, you may be a good trader (just guess). I think you know this cryptocurrency market is too volatile and I hope you know about volatile means. However, every trader knows the volatile market is very risky for trading. And you said HODL man don't have knowledge about trading, it's not good. I will say HODL patient and opposite man is impatient.

Yes , this person is probably not a good trader, because holding is necessary in order to earn profit since the market price is not always increasing.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:51:10 PM

Actually, every trader must not trade and every trader must not HODL. you need to choose what works best for you in this industry and stick to it. I have had instances where holding was a better alternative for me. It all boils down to what works for you
Raiwenkai

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:54:47 PM

For me, it depends upon the situation. If you need money badly and your token pumps even in 2-3 sats then sell for it, but if you are willing to wait and you want big profit just HODL.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 01:53:57 PM by satria33

Why should you be afraid to HOLD too many coins, everyone has a different way and not all are experienced in trading
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: