Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 4381 times)
beonline

Activity: 192
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:32:36 PM

There are right times for hodling and right times for selling, I think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
littlestar92

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:36:13 PM

I think so. Buying and keeping only makes us lose money. There are times when I have accepted capital losses for selling and buying at lower prices.
beonline

Activity: 192
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I think so. Buying and keeping only makes us lose money. There are times when I have accepted capital losses for selling and buying at lower prices.

That's the right money management strategy:)
ncn1992vn

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:47:16 PM

That would be correct if you are not patient enough
But you accept spent more than 3 years, then I think this is a correct decision
shnmykl

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

It depends on the Coin/Token you're holding mate. Not all Coins/Tokens are not advisable to hold, sometimes it is good if the Coin/Token you're holding is a very reproductive and active Crypto Community that worth holding for.
Knabu

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:57:30 PM

This is purely dependent on what timeframe are we speaking here and the experience of the individual.

For a newer individuals starting to trade i certainly would recommend hodling more than trying to scalp/daytrade. Fees + lost trades would eat your starting capital faster than piranhas.

For more experienced traders, i'd still recommend hodling BTC besides trading. Historically BTC and majors have been a great investment and judging by the fundamentals i dont see BTC slowing down. There's development happening as we speak.
amia1864

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:53:46 PM

Looking back on the long term I assume that hold is good. It is very suitable for those who do not have much knowledge of the transaction. It's also very safe, just be patient.
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:11:14 PM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
NO! I disagree with you because I think in certain situations the HODL is the sanest advice to do.
It is important to have different strategies to deal with different market situations. And the HODL is one of them.

I also do not understand those people who do not recommend the other guys holding altcoins and Bitcoin. As the crypto is the currency of the future, it is evident: the digital money will grow with time.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:19:34 PM

Looking back on the long term I assume that hold is good. It is very suitable for those who do not have much knowledge of the transaction. It's also very safe, just be patient.
For some reason, hodl is not that advisable unless it is bitcoin as it can really goes up too much at the right time, but when it comes to altcoins there is no assurance or guarantee that it will go up just like how much bitcoin goes up, that is why we need to be in touch with the market and news as well so that we will know how we are going to do.

Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:35:59 PM

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
NO! I disagree with you because I think in certain situations the HODL is the sanest advice to do.
It is important to have different strategies to deal with different market situations. And the HODL is one of them.

I also do not understand those people who do not recommend the other guys holding altcoins and Bitcoin. As the crypto is the currency of the future, it is evident: the digital money will grow with time.

hold is done only for long term investment, but if you don't want long term investment then i suggest you not to hold your coin because there are a times that the price can falling down and you when ypue get panic for sure you will lose your money ,so think first if you hold a coin or you will trade it.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:34:49 PM

Wonder why some people  are  bothering holders unnecessarily. Cryptocurrency is valuable because of holders just as dollar is valuable because of both American and foreign holders. Saving hasn't  stop people from spending or trading dollars.
Imagine fiat currency without  savings in banks - banks will operate in huge losses... very few will survive... they all depend on your savings. Cryptocurrency is no different. Holders are needed, Spenders are needed, Traders are also needed, all for the good of Crypto.
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

hold is done only for long term investment, but if you don't want long term investment then i suggest you not to hold your coin because there are a times that the price can falling down and you when ypue get panic for sure you will lose your money ,so think first if you hold a coin or you will trade it.
In 2017, when the cryptocurrency market becomes a global financial market, holding is a simple but extremely effective way to help investors make a big profit. But from the beginning of 2018 until now the market downturn and continuous decline so hold is no longer a poor investment way in this period.

Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

Being patient could help when you are holding your coins. But, take note holding is depends on a certain coin if it is good for long term investment. Some coins didn't maintain the value in the market so you have to analyze if it is really worth holding.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:35:07 PM

I agree with your opinion. I think doing daily trading is a good strategy for making profits rather than just continuing to survive. in my opinion, people who hold a hold strategy are lazy people, who just keep waiting for prices to rise above. they will not get results when prices remain stable. but people who trade, maybe they still get income. by utilizing the rise and fall of market prices. all really need to learn about the basics of trading. and indeed many tutorials that can be read. the most important thing is we want to try to learn and not be lazy to read often.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Xisunheber

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:44:30 AM

The price movement is good and price is rising which will affect other crypto and in present time i think that i should buy more coins and hold for the next year because it is also a saving behavior and in the future i will sold my investment because i like to buy a house for my family.
Anna_Lewis1

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:57:35 AM

for those who have little knowledge about crypto currency trading, of course with holding is their final choice, because they still believe in the principle of buying low prices and selling at high prices, and they are greedy to get big profits by continuing to hold their coins
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:41:59 PM

HODLing does not mean that we have no knowledge about trading. I believe HODLers are not only holding their crypto, they also do some trades as well. Hodling is for long purpose and day trading for short term purpose, if we can do both then it will be better.
Of course we need to have good money management to split our money on which coins to hold and which coins for day trading. So I have to disagree that HODL is no good at all.
Unfortunately, most HODLers do not see any sense in trading as they simply dub it to be very risky. But how can they cope with a perpetual bear market as we're in without a good root in knowledge and trading. A common mistake is the belief that HODLing is one and same with trading.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:39:56 PM

for those who have little knowledge about crypto currency trading, of course with holding is their final choice, because they still believe in the principle of buying low prices and selling at high prices, and they are greedy to get big profits by continuing to hold their coins
Basically such method is not for only people with little knowledge in crypto currency trading or investment because experienced cryptonier does cause it the old ways of trading and investment so when things or market are not going fine , the best things is to do it in the old way.

cr7

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:51:58 PM

If money was invested in the long term, then why sell at the time of the fall? The rise in prices of crypto currency always exceeds its fall.
The feeling that the author is new to the crypto currency. And he certainly thinks that now his calls will collapse the market. But it looks so stupid.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

I agree that you have to know when to hold and when to sell it when there's opportunity and wait for lower entry price to buyback later. You can make higher amount of money trading rather than just holding your coin for a long time, holding is find if your investment time frame is more than 2 year.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: