Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ██[MZC] MazaCoin - National Currency - now @ RussiaToday, Independent, Telegraph  (Read 167534 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:40:02 AM

Maybe anonymous pirate IS Bryan Brewer! >.<

Hardly the statements a nation's president would make:

https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect/status/441664811374768128

CryptoDirect ‏@CryptoDirect

@maxkeiser Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.

How to not get sarcasm: by Herp.

These comments were made by @CryptoDirect (aka pirate in that chat) https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect/status/441664811374768128

Hardly comments worthy of someone leading development for such project.

Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.
Yeah, they were directed at that journalist who unmasked "Dorian Nakamoto" but still? Stupid and irresponsible.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:47:16 AM

Yes, that was me in the chat. I'm not sure what to think about all those bold claims. In the moment you just have to say "wow!" but ever since this latest controversy about the Lakota people being out of the blue about all of this, @Mazacoin "suddenly" disappeared and stopped tweeting and replying to people confronting him about the article.

Yeah, both @mazacoin and @CryptoDirect (the pirate) stopped all tweets few hours ago when the news about them not being supported by the tribe officials was released. Not a good sign.

From the Forbes article: "Payu Harris, an unmarried 38-year-old father of one, is a web developer, digital currency trader and activist who can trace his ancestry back to the Northern Cheyenne..."

I'm starting to think that AnonymousPirate found Payu or knew him already and thought he'd be a great face for MazaCoin. All this news about the Lakota tribe being completely in the dark sends up a HUGE red flag for me personally. Glad I got out when I did, only wish it could have been while we were up at 17,000  Cry I could've made 1 bitcoin off of this pump and dump but I made .32 instead. Not bad considering I put .2 into maza to begin with.

Completely done with this coin. I still have high hopes for crypto but at this point I'm extremely wary about throwing money at any new altcoins. I don't have the brains nor the balls to play the daytrading game, and since pretty much every new altcoin is either DOA or going nowhere or another pump and dump, I'm just going to step back and examine which coins have the potential for actual use in sending money as crypto was originally intended.

I know most all of you are here to make a quick buck, but the truth is you could probably make more money just getting a day job and putting some cash into your savings each week. Sure you lose out on the potential to increase your investment ten fold, but you also eliminate all the risk of losing your money, too. I'll keep an eye on interesting things in the crypto world, and keep a little bit of cash in bitcoin (and maybe peercoin), but for the most part I am calling it quits on the altcoin game. Too many losers, too few winners, and way too much deluded thinking. I got screwed on USDe, TopCoin, Rabbitcoin, and now MazaCoin, so I know when to fold.

Best of luck to all of you in actually trying to make some money. The only real winners here are the pump and dump altcoin devs, and the whales, who continue to suck up our money and manipulate us to their advantage. You're most likely never going to get rich from crypto. It's been fun. I'm out.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:47:47 AM

@maxkeiser Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.

These comments were made by @CryptoDirect (aka pirate in that chat) https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect/status/441664811374768128

Let that stupid bitch show up at my door. She won't have to worry about cops, she'll be dealing with my big dog & bigger shotgun.
Yeah, they were directed at that journalist who unmasked "Dorian Nakamoto" but still? Stupid and irresponsible.

I guess you don't read what many people even in full public view say sometimes. This guy is obviously a far cry from presidency but then again hes a techy dev on the coin, I'm glad he has a personality and is actually posting on his twitter. If you judge a coin by what language the backroom devs post go right ahead, it's the devs and cryptos with no personality that you want to watch out for.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:52:22 AM

Sold at 5700 since I knew this was trending downward. Standard protocol with new coins on cryptsy. Might pick some up again if it dips down to 1000.

I'm starting to wonder how trustworthy some unseen guy named "AnonymousPirate" is. Where did this guy Payu Harris come from all of a sudden? The toughest part about maza is that it could equally be a huge pump and dump scam or it could be a real effort to legitimize cryptocurrencies. It's very difficult to tell at this point.

I keep seeing lots of retweets about Maza, including some from the infamous Max Keiser. It's hard to imagine such a vocal figure as Payu doing all this networking about mazacoin just to shill it.

I have never been so on the fence about a coin before. At this point in this game it's hard to tell which coins are legit and which are just blatant pump and dumps. Ultimately I find it hard to believe that a three-person team would commit to all this effort just for their new currency to get listed on mintpal, hit its peak, then peak again on cryptsy and die immediately afterward.

I know we've had 140 pages of discussion, which is phenomenal considering the age of this coin, but I want to know all of your thoughts right now. Is MazaCoin a legitimate effort or is it just an elaborate pump and dump scheme? Only time will tell.

AnonymousPirate certainly had grandiose ideas when I talked to him. Whether or not he was talking about of his ass remains to be seen. He unloaded a ton of information on me in that chat. There are things that throw up red flags for me, but there other things that don't. I don't know what to think anymore, really. I'm just as much on the fence as you are. Not a good place to be.

So you were in the guy in this chat? neuroMode?

I agree the bold claims are all over the place and the one about Payu becoming the Lakota Nation president takes the cake. It does raise some red flags unfortunately.

Yes, that was me in the chat. I'm not sure what to think about all those bold claims. In the moment you just have to say "wow!" but ever since this latest controversy about the Lakota people being out of the blue about all of this, @Mazacoin "suddenly" disappeared and stopped tweeting and replying to people confronting him about the article.

Yeah, both @mazacoin and @CryptoDirect (the pirate) stopped all tweets few hours ago when the news about them not being supported by the tribe officials was released. Not a good sign.

Believe the article was out before they stopped posting, and besides, people go to sleep and spend time doing other things sometimes
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:55:06 AM

I guess you don't read what many people even in full public view say sometimes. This guy is obviously a far cry from presidency but then again hes a techy dev on the coin, I'm glad he has a personality and is actually posting on his twitter. If you judge a coin by what language the backroom devs post go right ahead, it's the devs and cryptos with no personality that you want to watch out for.

I know what you mean but people are watching and such words reflect negatively on the whole project. He should pick his words more carefully, especially if he wants to see the project succeed. This is not the way to go. It delegitimizes and undermines the project and so is crazy talk about Payu replacing the current Lakota president.  

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:01:15 AM

I know what you mean but people are watching and such words reflect negatively on the whole project. He should pick his words more carefully, especially if he wants to see the project succeed. This is not the way to go. It delegitimizes and undermines the project and so is crazy talk about Payu replacing the current Lakota president.  

Maybe he's just an overexcitable guy and gets carried away exaggerating things, I can imagine this Payu fella "running for president".

I'm happier to see him "careless" about people possibly seeing this as a scam because if it isn't, it doesn't matter in the long run.
Where as if this WAS a scam, it would be all in their best interests to come across as rosey and perfect as possible until cashout.

Always two sides to the coin
Derivative

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:02:06 AM

Is mazacoin still a good investment?
vleroybrown

Activity: 1165
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:07:04 AM

Active devs stated intended value for this coin is $0.25 -1.00 short term.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:07:43 AM

Could be in the long run, only in the short term with whales on the roam.
The coin is in a lot of question right now, but most coins get this "is it a scam" workover and it can be easy to read into simple things like inactive tweeting as a bad sign instead of something more obvious, I've been in the exact state of panic there for twitter to realise the hev (forget the coin forgive me) just flipping went to bed when a lot of fire kicked off.
I see a lot of differences in this coin, mainly, this payu putting himself out there in the public arena, as well as obviously attending all sorts of meetings across America.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:09:02 AM

Active devs stated intended value for this coin is $0.25 -1.00 short term.

This too, if it all works out for them.
I do believe Payu was selling the coins face to face (paper i thinks) to people at conventions for $0.10 a coin, im guessing was something to garner support etc
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:10:22 AM

It has now become crystal clear that the tribal chiefs to not endorse Mazacoin and that Payu went rogue and did this on his own. Wall Street Journal edited their article with this new information. http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-indian-promotes-new-digital-currency-mazacoin/
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post said mazacoin had been adopted as the Lakota currency. It has not been officially endorsed by the council.

So one would ask why would mazacoin.org website list this false information?

"MazaCoin is the Official National Currency of the Traditional Lakota Nation."

since this clearly is not "official" in any way shape or form.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:12:09 AM

Yea...I've got a few thousand maza and want it take off...but that is sketchy.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:19:41 AM

It has now become crystal clear that the tribal chiefs to not endorse Mazacoin and that Payu went rogue and did this on his own. Wall Street Journal edited their article with this new information. http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-indian-promotes-new-digital-currency-mazacoin/
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post said mazacoin had been adopted as the Lakota currency. It has not been officially endorsed by the council.

Maybe the council said yes and changed their minds. Maybe the council is needlessly complicated like they typically are and one group says yes but another says no afterwards. Maybe he thinks the council is useless and corrupt and has gone rogue for the greater good for a lack of a better term. We'll know tomorrow from investigations and probably explanations on twitter.

Maybe this is all play on words endlessly. It can be backed and supported by the council but not "officially endorsed"... but considering the FBI rang them up and told them off about the idea maybe its best for them to take distance and let him unleash this decentralized currency for them.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:20:25 AM

Since we're all cynical now, let me be even more cynical. Does it really matter at this point? I keep seeing twitter retweets from people, mostly non-crypto people tweeting out the WSJ article. It has great international play and most people read headlines, not meat of the story. Also How many crypto users here are lazy and don't read more than 2 pages on a coin thread?

Whatever the truth is, the myth has been created, you'd be surprised how little people research or read between the lines, and let's be honest what great business venture wasn't started with a little bit of bullshit on top (like Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer lying to IBM they had DOS ready to go when they actually had to scramble to buy someone else's source code for example).

I think a lot of people have invested so much money in it already and whales have been playing so many games the last 36 hours, there is at the least another epic pump coming in so plenty of time to get out, and who knows the myth may endure and excel it to such heights the Lakota chiefs will have no choice but to go along with it once Payu Clause starts handing out fat stacks of paper wallets to their people.

FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:25:29 AM

Been busting my balls off trying to open peoples minds and stop them over reacting!

I never got a clapping black dude! shiyt.
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:27:36 AM

Been busting my balls off trying to open peoples minds and stop them over reacting!

#Bitcoin
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:30:09 AM

Yeah, I guess I deserved that.
Imperials

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:38:47 AM

This coin will be huge no doubt and many are excited to see its potential. That WSJ article is great news and publicity. Payu has done a great outstanding job on this development and putting himself out there. Don't kick yourselves in the ass by selling low, you're only missing out and will eventually regret it I can guarantee that.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:39:12 AM

I watched this movie on tv a few weeks ago. It was bizarre lol
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:45:59 AM

I watched this movie on tv a few weeks ago. It was bizarre lol
  on a lighter note tell  jrich76 he can sleep now i saw maza coin just jump up 2.86% equal pumps is done his pump for friday  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: