Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ██[MZC] MazaCoin - National Currency - now @ RussiaToday, Independent, Telegraph  (Read 167525 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:21:59 PM

WSJ article:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-indian-promotes-new-digital-currency-mazacoin/

Anyway, we need to ratchet down the enthusiasm a bit.

Here is the relevant statement:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post said mazacoin had been adopted as the Lakota currency. It has not been officially endorsed by the council.

The upside is this,  when it does get endorsed, then it will go gang busters.

Yeah you may have to wait a lifetime in vain for that. Devs went silent on their 2 twitter feeds.

Also on the official forum you find this disturbing statement:

"Are you guys associated with any of the american indian groups? For example the Assembly of First Nations or American Indian Movement?"

The AIM movement is currently not a fan of MazaCoin. Because the developers (myself included) are white. They believe it to be a "white man's scam" at this point. As for First Nations there may be more sympathy there, but so far they are silent.
http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/getting-associates-t26.html

Also, it would seem Payu is not even a member of Lakota and
Forbes claimed that Harris was a member of the tribe, however, there is no one on the rolls named Payu Harris or Payu Kimitsu.
http://www.indianz.com/News/2014/012781.asp Confirmation on Twitter from the same author https://twitter.com/BEcoffeyNSwkly/status/442316016803004416

also

Attempts by Native Sun News to contact Harris went unanswered and an interview request was declined by Harris earlier in this year.

on top of this someone claimed Payu claimed he's Northern Cheyenne not Lakota. Why didn't he create a coin for for the Cheyenne?

Doesn't this all sound like BS to you?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
49er.miner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:25:56 PM

the bots are there no matter what. do the bots have vulnerabilites?
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

I'm dumping my Mazacoins for Betacoins!

It is the perfect opportunity!
poppys

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

the bots are there no matter what. do the bots have vulnerabilites?

I saw someone on dogecoin put in orders for 200 dogecoins at the price of 200 and it went though many times last week on cryptsy. The price went from around 150 to 169ish.  So one person was making the bots think the price was going up when it wasn't, thus causing the bot program to buy.  Then the guy dumped on them.   That might be fixed by now. I did notice the min bid shot up to 500.    It seems it was a trigger for bots to buy.
jrich76

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:47:53 PM

I saw someone on dogecoin put in orders for 200 dogecoins at the price of 200 and it went though many times last week on cryptsy. The price went from around 150 to 169ish.  So one person was making the bots think the price was going up when it wasn't, thus causing the bot program to buy.  Then the guy dumped on them.   That might be fixed by now. I did notice the min bid shot up to 500.    It seems it was a trigger for bots to buy.

Awesome, I should start working on a modified bot, an "evil" bot. One that will recognize manipulative patterns and place orders in a way that counters the bot's moves.

Game of Deception indeed.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

WSJ article:

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-indian-promotes-new-digital-currency-mazacoin/

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post said mazacoin had been adopted as the Lakota currency. It has not been officially endorsed by the council.

Yeah you may have to wait a lifetime in vain for that. Devs went silent on their 2 twitter feeds.

"Are you guys associated with any of the american indian groups? For example the Assembly of First Nations or American Indian Movement?"

The AIM movement is currently not a fan of MazaCoin. Because the developers (myself included) are white. They believe it to be a "white man's scam" at this point. As for First Nations there may be more sympathy there, but so far they are silent.

Forbes claimed that Harris was a member of the tribe, however, there is no one on the rolls named Payu Harris or Payu Kimitsu.
http://www.indianz.com/News/2014/012781.asp Confirmation on Twitter from the same author https://twitter.com/BEcoffeyNSwkly/status/442316016803004416

also

Attempts by Native Sun News to contact Harris went unanswered and an interview request was declined by Harris earlier in this year.

on top of this someone claimed Payu claimed he's Northern Cheyenne not Lakota. Why didn't he create a coin for for the Cheyenne?

It seems to me that he is trying to get maza out to the Lakota by telling a few white lies.

It also seems that some do not trust this coin as they think "the white man is going to double cross them again", shame, but I do not blame them considering their history, the white man has done them wrong for centuries, and that had bread a lot of miss trust.

But they need to know they are on the verge of something truly spectacular, they could be the the first sovereign nation to get out from these central bankers that have done so much harm to the planet over the last 300 years. We need to let them know that the rest of the world is watching in anticipation, we even have given over 50% or the coins wealth to them (a bargain if you ask me),  they have been chosen to be the first nation to start a currency revolution that is on side of good for all humanity, they really need to know this. We need people to get this message across to them.

"The white man is on their side", in fact every colour is on their side.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:49:56 PM

WSJ article:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/07/lakota-indian-promotes-new-digital-currency-mazacoin/

also

Well, looks like a lot of stuff needs to be cleared up.

Will get back in if that happens.  Meanwhile,  I regret not having sold at 18K, but at least I bought early enough to make enough BTC on this.

Later folks!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

Looking at Cryptsy and Mintpal there is an upward buying trend right now. Everyone knows that once this coin is accepted (and it will get there) this coin will be the next best thing. The bots are trying hard to buy but no one is selling. Panic sellers are gone and don't be one of them or you'll regret it. Selling below 5 is stupid, below or near 3? Comon.. go to the doctor and stop believing this FUD bullshit you're just making someone richer.
Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Looking at Cryptsy and Mintpal there is an upward buying trend right now. Everyone knows that once this coin is accepted (and it will get there) this coin will be the next best thing. The bots are trying hard to buy but no one is selling. Panic sellers are gone and don't be one of them or you'll regret it. Selling below 5 is stupid, below or near 3? Comon.. go to the doctor and stop believing this FUD bullshit you're just making someone richer.

There is fake buying wall. Those organized pumpers keep putting a big btc order low enough in the chain not to be bought. It keeps appearing and disappearing. They've done the same with Maxcoin several times.

Idea is to give the sheeple the fake impression there is strong buying power and encourage them to buy.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:56:26 PM

I tried getting answers from people in the IRC. @boxxed was there and he just told me any information that I want I can find in news articles in the future.

This is seriously deceiving, however, because the WSJ was already duped into publishing an article that had false information provided to them by Mazacoin's PR people. If the WSJ can be fed bad information what is stopping any other news company from being fed information by them? Why can't boxxed just answer question in the IRC like a normal dev? Why do I have to wait for my answers indirectly through news outlets?

The cat is out of the bag in my opinion that Mazacoin has overstepped their bounds to get their coin hype and notoriety. It's not being done with honor and I'd be ashamed if I was the Lakota people being falsely represented like this by someone. You give white lies to the WSJ and Forbes and suddenly nothing you say can be trusted anymore. Credibility out the window.

And this is coming from someone who spent an hour talking with AnonymousPirate in that pastebin chat. I devoted my time to hearing about Mazacoin and then they deceive the public in major news media outlets.

You would think they would JUMP out of their seats to ease any concerns about the credibility issues that have come to light. They haven't bothered to ease these concerns at all. There really isn't an excuse. If it's not what we think it is it should BE EASILY EXPLAINABLE. We are getting fucking worked at a level beyond the "whales".

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:57:14 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 10:22:36 PM by add1ct3dd

Fantastic block luck right now @ 30Th/s Smiley

https://mzc.united-miners.com
49er.miner

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:01:00 PM

obviously we all know they observe this forum and occasionally leave seeds of doubt to get us the hardliners to sell.

how can we profit from there manipulating bots?

how can we stabilize mazacoin to its real value?

how does triggering an early coordinated pump affect them and us and the coin?

im tired of scraps of the tables of the whales.

cryptocurrencies was designed to be fair. it was to remove the parasite which are the banks.

yet we accept these whales aka parasites to run us over?

we must counter or this whole experiment will die

Herp

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:02:28 PM

I tried getting answers from people in the IRC. @boxxed was there and he just told me any information that I want I can find in news articles in the future.

This is seriously deceiving because the WSJ was already deceived by publishing an article that had false information provided to them by Mazacoin's PR people. If the WSJ can be fed bad information what is stopping any other news company from being fed information by them?

The cat is out of the bag that Mazacoin is stepping over their bounds to get their coin published. It's not being done with honor and I'd be ashamed if I was the Lakota people being falsely represented like this by someone.

You give white lies to the WSJ and Forbes and suddenly nothing you say can be trusted anymore. Credibility out the window.

And this is coming from someone who spent an hour talking with AnonymousPirate in that pastebin chat. I devoted my time to hearing about Mazacoin and then they deceive the public in major news media outlets.

They don't bother to counter these arguments either. Invitation to respond to allegations in the indian newspaper were declined, no replies on their forums to such questions and they've gone dark on twitter also on their 2 accounts @CryptoDirect and @mazacoin.

Sad to say investors have been scammed, lead to invest based on false information. They've probably made a small fortune in this scam. I'm truly sorry for all those who invested at 10k, 15k or higher.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:04:29 PM

obviously we all know they observe this forum and occasionally leave seeds of doubt to get us the hardliners to sell.

cryptocurrencies was designed to be fair. it was to remove the parasite which are the banks.

Fucking fantastic idea, but there is ONLY ONE WAY, are you guys ready for the answer?

Are you sure?

Are you really, really sure?

Good, then here it is:

STOP FUCKING SELLING!

it's that simple.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:07:33 PM

Fucking fantastic idea, but there is ONLY ONE WAY, are you guys ready for the answer?

Are you sure?

Good, then here it is:

STOP FUCKING SELLING!

it's that simple.

Honestly, how and why people are selling for 3 or below doesn't make sense. Stop believing this bullshit. I refuse to sell my coins for a fraction of what I paid. Take my advice or don't but I'll be laughing when people are buying it for a ton more
poppys

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:09:34 PM

This is seriously deceiving because the WSJ was already deceived by publishing an article that had false information provided to them by Mazacoin's PR people. If the WSJ can be fed bad information what is stopping any other news company from being fed information by them?

The cat is out of the bag that Mazacoin is stepping over their bounds to get their coin published. It's not being done with honor and I'd be ashamed if I was the Lakota people being falsely represented like this by someone.

You give white lies to the WSJ and Forbes and suddenly nothing you say can be trusted anymore. Credibility out the window.

They don't bother to counter these arguments either. Invitation to respond to allegations in the indian newspaper were declined, no replies on their forums to such questions and they've gone dark on twitter also on their 2 accounts @CryptoDirect and @mazacoin.

Sad to say investors have been scammed, lead to invest based on false information. They've probably made a small fortune in this scam. I'm truly sorry for all those who invested at 10k, 15k or higher.

You're on ignore now.  How much have YOU scammed by running bots on Cryptsy?
poppys

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:10:26 PM

Are you sure?

Good, then here it is:

STOP FUCKING SELLING!

it's that simple.

+1  STOP SELLING.
Porr

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:11:27 PM

Well i dont read everything. But just a few things i noticed.
1 mr harris does excist. Was on a bitcoin converence and some older articles about him can be found online. Nothing to do with coins but being active in the indian community.
2 Mazacoin did not even bother to make a bitcointalk announcement. So they dont really care about the fuzz we create and have there own goals. And that is not a exploding coin or getting rich. So why should they respond.

But ofcourse i dont know. And i am at the point that i dont really care anymore. I googled enough on this subject to get a general idea. Now i just wait what the furture will bring.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:11:33 PM

damn why rehash this crap.. go back a couple pages.

dude never claimed he was part of that particular tribe.

seems like some white advertising lies but nothing big.

and really most of us dont give a fuck.

we just here for the markets.

Show me a single coin that has met its goal.

not even BTC.

shit you could release a coin called SCAMCOIN and as long as people can make money in the markets it will be traded and mined.

whether it actually does what it is advertised to do is secondary.

and if you think investing in anything based on one press release is anything but an insanely highly risk prone to fraud investment, then your an idiot.

mooo for rent
49er.miner

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

miners are dumping coins right into the whales hands.
it will only slow them down if we only hold.
they have all the money and patience
we must counter

regarding the devs character and intentions we will have to see how this all plays out.
if you are invested in maza already you have to get out without taking a loss
if you believe the devs are scamming them dont buy anymore.

ithe facts are mzc is being manipulated
what are we gonna do about that
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: