Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITCOIN LE - NEW COIN - Ecological Bitcoin - PoW & Low Energy  (Read 28729 times)
Christocyr

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:56:05 PM

Hey everybody. I like what I am seeing here! This is a very interesting concept.

Right now, I have the pool miner up, and my avg CPU usage on my laptop is 24% while mining. Unheard of using other miners.

Would it/does it make sense to make a miner for the ARM chipset platforms? (Pine64,Tinkerboard,RaspberryPI)? Is it possible? I would be happy to compile/try it. I have made several versions for other coins that work. Granted, the hash rate is not fantastic, but it is a great way for people to understand this coin's approach and they are some of the lowest power consuming computers out there. 

Thanks!

#BLE.JRhCVmivNyM2q2PiZ8VgV2153TaEc9msPQ

s107n

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:51:06 PM

Hey everybody. I like what I am seeing here! This is a very interesting concept.

Right now, I have the pool miner up, and my avg CPU usage on my laptop is 24% while mining. Unheard of using other miners.

Would it/does it make sense to make a miner for the ARM chipset platforms? (Pine64,Tinkerboard,RaspberryPI)? Is it possible? I would be happy to compile/try it. I have made several versions for other coins that work. Granted, the hash rate is not fantastic, but it is a great way for people to understand this coin's approach and they are some of the lowest power consuming computers out there. 

Thanks!

Try. Why don't you do that? Suddenly someone come in handy.

# BLE.JfwsbMz2Bi2K4BK7RugyqWEApQRoKuQvNL
s107n

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:12:11 PM

Thanks!

If your actions will contribute to the stabilization, growth of popularity of the network and its development, then your actions will be definitely positive!

s107n

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:14:43 PM

Thanks!

The coin is still new and young. It needs actions that will contribute to its growth. popularity and unsurpassed her personality!

Christocyr

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

So, I have decided to do just that.

Thanks for the motivation!

I am using the PDF I got here as a starting point.  

Right now, I am trying it on a Pine 64 running Ubuntu.  I am installing the dependencies right now. Have not hit a snag yet. The only thing right now that could confuse non-developers would be installing packages based on the names in the PDF, e.g. installing libssl  is actually libssl-dev, and so on. I am taking notes though and want to do what I can to help.

Although I am waiting for the hard stuff to happen soon. I will keep you posted.

s107n

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:18:06 PM

Thanks!

But do not forget that in our community the path to success is very difficult! This is a big and long work of all of us and each one! Good luck!

s107n

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:25:47 PM

Thanks!

And most importantly, don't forget to share your achievements with the community.

Christocyr

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:18:25 PM

Is anyone else concerned about those orphaned blocks and the rewards attached to them in the mining pool?  This reminds me of something that took place around 5 months ago with a couple of other coins I was mining. Has anyone nailed down an actual cause to this?

Christocyr

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:26:11 AM

Thanks!

And most importantly, don't forget to share your achievements with the community.

UPDATE on ARM Build

I believe I found and installed all of the dependencies. I had to compile libunivalue for the Pine64, and had to add a repository and some other things:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoins
When I added this repository, it displayed this message:
Beware, add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin has this message:
Note that you should prefer to use the official binaries, where possible, to limit trust in Launchpad/the PPA owner.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev
sudo apt-get install install libboost-all-dev

I was able to get through the ./autogen.sh without errors, and ./configure only gave me one warning which was that the Qt dependecies were not completely installed so the GUI was not going to be included. Is this ok? Do I need this to be satisfied? 

When I performed the make, I got this error:

/usr/bin/ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pine64/bitcoinle/src/secp256k1'
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-bloom.o
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:8174: recipe for target 'bitcoinled-bitcoind.o' failed
make[2]: *** [bitcoinled-bitcoind.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pine64/bitcoinle/src'
Makefile:9376: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failedt i
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pine64/bitcoinle/src'
Makefile:748: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

That's it for now. I will keep trying to get this working. SO CLOSE! :-)

Wolfie

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 04:12:22 AM

Is anyone else concerned about those orphaned blocks and the rewards attached to them in the mining pool?  This reminds me of something that took place around 5 months ago with a couple of other coins I was mining. Has anyone nailed down an actual cause to this?

Hi Bud welcome to $BLE! 

I run BLEpool.com . . yes its annoying the orphaned blocks, there is something like a bot net  . . many machines not on the pool competing for blocks . . since the diff is so low, blocks are found pretty fast and often at the same basic time.

The pool doesnt always win the concensus for 'having found the block first'

As diff goes up and more hash joins the pool, we should have more solid wins.

Nevertheless we get many blocks a day and have steady payouts.

Thx and good luck!

@XVG_HypeMan
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 09:18:34 AM

Are you sure?
Last week there were less than 200 miners in the pool, now there are almost 400.
The orphans have been growing from 1 out of 10 until now almost 2/3 orphans.
My daily profit is now 30% compared to one week ago.
Isn't there something else wrong?
Sakic

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

last 24 hours - pool has 14 blocks / 144 totals + 22 orphaned
very bad stats..

#BLE.JZmX819oMbYkAZzb3dSaW568oqK1RxDvi1
s107n

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:05:26 AM

Hi Bud welcome to $BLE! 

I run BLEpool.com . . yes its annoying the orphaned blocks, there is something like a bot net  . . many machines not on the pool competing for blocks . . since the diff is so low, blocks are found pretty fast and often at the same basic time.

The pool doesnt always win the concensus for 'having found the block first'

As diff goes up and more hash joins the pool, we should have more solid wins.

Thx and good luck!

Yes, it is valid on a pool recently though there are a lot of orphan blocks, but at the same time the settled stability of payments is observed. Now to remove the orphan blocks.

Christocyr

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:51:30 PM

Is that possible to remove the orphaned blocks, and retract/ roll back the rewards granted to the orphans?

Is it the open wallets and/or the hashing power of the bot that is capable of doing this? In other words, someone unleashes a bunch of docker images with very little hashing power, but has an open wallet in it, or is it a series of powerful miners with large hashing capability with open wallets?

Is there a way to detect that, identify the "vote" and veto that vote?

I apologize for the questions, but I am still a learner in this crazy space.

Profasho

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:43:14 PM

This is new tech as well Chris so there is nothing wrong with asking question. I believe said person to have access to allot of pc's or some cloud mining infastructure. Its just speculation on how powerful the systems are but one could assume that theyre i7's and greater. I remember a few weeks ago the guy added all 500 machines to the pool. So I think roughly that;s what the pool is up against. Like I said before someone really wants those BLE and using allot of resources to get it.
Wolfie

Activity: 245
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 05:47:10 PM

Is that possible to remove the orphaned blocks, and retract/ roll back the rewards granted to the orphans?

Is it the open wallets and/or the hashing power of the bot that is capable of doing this? In other words, someone unleashes a bunch of docker images with very little hashing power, but has an open wallet in it, or is it a series of powerful miners with large hashing capability with open wallets?

Is there a way to detect that, identify the "vote" and veto that vote?

I apologize for the questions, but I am still a learner in this crazy space.

There are no rewards granted to the orphans and there are no rollbacks (crypto isnt about rollbacks)

There is some real hashing power from what we can tell, thats why most blocks get solved in a few seconds.

#BLE.JRtUNSeZdD9hrvBya72yYnELtcPnGjQPZq

@XVG_HypeMan
s107n

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

This is new tech as well Chris so there is nothing wrong with asking question. I believe said person to have access to allot of pc's or some cloud mining infastructure. Its just speculation on how powerful the systems are but one could assume that theyre i7's and greater. I remember a few weeks ago the guy added all 500 machines to the pool. So I think roughly that;s what the pool is up against. Like I said before someone really wants those BLE and using allot of resources to get it.

Agreed. A new coin, a new mining principle and great growth prospects. Of course there are those who want to get them more now because then they will be difficult to obtain.

Christocyr

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

Is there anyone mining on this forum that is measuring their power consumption? Is there anyone doing this on a laptop?

I am currently mining on one and my computer performance is relatively the same. I can operate my laptop on battery for around the same time as when not mining.

This is not the case when mining other CPU-based coins. Fans kick on, and it heats up. 

Christocyr

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

Agreed. A new coin, a new mining principle and great growth prospects. Of course there are those who want to get them more now because then they will be difficult to obtain.

This mining principle does present a lot of questions because it is so interesting.  When I am running the pool miner, how often am I advertising my hashrate to the pool? Is it constant? What is actually happening in between the "Waiting for the metronome beat"? Anything? 

Christocyr

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:44:42 AM

ARM BitcoinLE Update.

It Works on the Pine64 board!

Following the directions on the github site for the build, adding the right repositories, and compiling libunivalue worked. I had to compile it because it was not part of the Pine64 repository and could not find it anywhere.

A couple of findings.

If you try to compile the code with make and use the -j option to speed things up by assigning more threads to the process, it most likely will fail. I tried first running make -j4 and had two failures. Then I tried make -j2 and got one failure, but it compiles successfully, albeit slowly running make.

Why did I do this? Well, I have one Pine64 board which is about twice as fast as a Raspberry Pi 3 from a CPU hashing metric, and costs 15 dollars. I also have a Pinebook (a Pine64 laptop that costs less than a hundred dollars.) and wanted to see these work.

Another snag, though is that I needed to have 153 GB of free space, and these being single board computers running on microSD cards,  and it just does not have the space.

What I am wondering is, can I network attach some storage, mount it and keep a single copy of the bitcoin blockchain data and share it with other miners on different computers? Do I need a separate copy for each? Would it be too slow?

Thoughts? 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: