Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS: INFLATION PERIOD OVER, SECOND HARD FORK + POKER ROOM COMING SOON  (Read 92353 times)
Bowdlerize

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:03:30 PM

Many early adopters are looking at leaving for another coin not because we are not getting rich but because we are getting screwed by the current system. What I mine in 20 hours now I will get in 9 hours in 2 weeks, 5.8 hours in 4 weeks and 4.3 hours in 6. We need more of a reason to mine today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dinthar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:17:17 PM

Something needs to change.  All the Credits mined so far, 4,388,348, are worth 9.22 BTC based on the highest SCX buy order.  That's a market cap of $5,882.36.  Total.  You're going to lose miners because there's nothing to be made here, and if you lose miners now, reward doubling will be meaningless in the future, because no one will be paying attention to the coin.

If you don't make a change to reward the people mining right now, your coin will die.  Period.
Dinthar

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:30:09 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 07:42:15 PM by Dinthar

The value is low because every coin mined today is one-sixteenth as valuable as a coined mined at the block reward peak, assuming a static difficulty.  You need difficulty to rise 20% every two weeks (on average) to offset that.  The coin started at a net hashrate of about 1Ghash.  If the net hashrate isn't 16 Ghash by the six month, the current miners' coins will lose value.

If the net hashrate doesn't rise to 2.2 Ghash at the next doubling, an increase of 65% over the current rate of 800Mhash, the coin will be done.
dnaanders (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

"Now, for the inner investor in us all. What happens after this inflation period? The block reward will lower by 6x(1130) the average(6800) for
    the next two years, that's a 6x or more increase in value. If you managed to properly reinvest your Credits into the latter periods when the block rewards would
    be especially high, you could be looking at a 13x return. Subsequently we will see a halving to around ¤560 and then finally ¤280. We're talking about a
    potential outcome of 52x, and that's if factors such as difficulty and services don't rise, but we've clearly done our best to ensure that. With that said,
    the previous figures are likely child's play compared to what the future holds. In summation, mining longer will not only bring you more wealth in
    Credits but it will increase your return margin as early mined Credits are more likely to become inflated over the 6 month period."

I think we're all forgetting the potential of day trading. Simply sell before the increase and buy back. We figured more people would catch on to this strategy. Mainly this system removes silly pump n dumpers and hoarders. So be smart people, trade it up.

"Simply sell before the increase and buy back."

A simple supply/demand curve supports that approach - block reward doubling increases supply ahead of demand and the price falls.  Unfortunately, crypto trading doesn't follow logic, because it's vulnerable to pumping and dumping and the "I need to get in on this" thinking that accompanies it.  More coins = more coins to utilize in pump and dump schemes, so when the block reward doubles, the value is more likely to go up than to go down.  By "selling before an increase and buying back," you're more likely to lose money than gain it.

The fact is, the large majority of miners are going to wait until a much higher or the highest block reward, assuming anyone still remembers the coin in 4-6 months.  In the meantime, current miners only have the hope that it will someday get big to continue mining it.  That hope will wear thin if a few block double dates pass and the price doesn't rise.  If nothing changes, I guarantee you that no one will be mining this coin in a month.  Six months in the crypto world is eons.

I don't see the logic in this, the number of coins is arbitrary. With a higher supply/income the value per Credit will decrease. Of course, there will always be risk in day trading but I don't see how it would deviate heavily from the expected outcome unless Credits gets pumped.
Dinthar

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:45:31 PM

"Now, for the inner investor in us all. What happens after this inflation period? The block reward will lower by 6x(1130) the average(6800) for
    the next two years, that's a 6x or more increase in value. If you managed to properly reinvest your Credits into the latter periods when the block rewards would
    be especially high, you could be looking at a 13x return. Subsequently we will see a halving to around ¤560 and then finally ¤280. We're talking about a
    potential outcome of 52x, and that's if factors such as difficulty and services don't rise, but we've clearly done our best to ensure that. With that said,
    the previous figures are likely child's play compared to what the future holds. In summation, mining longer will not only bring you more wealth in
    Credits but it will increase your return margin as early mined Credits are more likely to become inflated over the 6 month period."

I think we're all forgetting the potential of day trading. Simply sell before the increase and buy back. We figured more people would catch on to this strategy. Mainly this system removes silly pump n dumpers and hoarders. So be smart people, trade it up.

A simple supply/demand curve supports that approach - block reward doubling increases supply ahead of demand and the price falls.  Unfortunately, crypto trading doesn't follow logic, because it's vulnerable to pumping and dumping and the "I need to get in on this" thinking that accompanies it.  More coins = more coins to utilize in pump and dump schemes, so when the block reward doubles, the value is more likely to go up than to go down.  By "selling before an increase and buying back," you're more likely to lose money than gain it.

The fact is, the large majority of miners are going to wait until a much higher or the highest block reward, assuming anyone still remembers the coin in 4-6 months.  In the meantime, current miners only have the hope that it will someday get big to continue mining it.  That hope will wear thin if a few block double dates pass and the price doesn't rise.  If nothing changes, I guarantee you that no one will be mining this coin in a month.  Six months in the crypto world is eons.

I don't see the logic in this, the number of coins is arbitrary. With a higher supply/income the value per Credit will decrease. Of course, there will always be risk in day trading but I don't see how it would deviate heavily from the expected outcome unless Credits gets pumped.

So what you're saying is that each reward doubling will drive the price down?  So why is anyone mining this until six months from now?  lol

From the Credit Marketing Mastermind: "Get in early!! With a higher supply/income the value per Credit will decrease!!  Each coin you mine today will lose value every two weeks!!"
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

So what you're saying is that each reward doubling will drive the price down?  So why is anyone mining this until six months from now?  lol

Because if you actually actively day trade you can maintain the value of early mined coins, if you just sit and hoard they will lose value.
Dinthar

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:52:54 PM

So what you're saying is that each reward doubling will drive the price down?  So why is anyone mining this until six months from now?  lol

Because if you actually actively day trade you can maintain the value of early mined coins, if you just sit and hoard they will lose value.

The ability to trade (sell) is contingent on there being buyers.  Why would anyone buy if what they buy is going to lose value every two weeks?

lol
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

The ability to trade (sell) is contingent on there being buyers.  Why would anyone buy if what they buy is going to lose value every two weeks?

lol

Someone buying now could sell to someone trying to buy up before the price per Credit decrease so he can eventually sell to someone else. Never ending process, like all trading.
Dinthar

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:04:38 PM

So what you're saying is that each reward doubling will drive the price down?  So why is anyone mining this until six months from now?  lol

The ability to trade (sell) is contingent on there being buyers.  Why would anyone buy if what they buy is going to lose value every two weeks?

lol

Someone buying now could sell to someone trying to buy up before the price per Credit decrease so he can eventually sell to someone else. Never ending process, like all trading.

Haha, is that really your answer?  "You might get lucky and find a buyer who buys in just before what he buys loses half its value!"  Buyers aren't idiots.  Speculation is risky, but it's not dumb, and the scenario you're advocating here is contingent on irrationally dumb buyers.

Now that this block reward system has been outed as completely asinine, either fix it or your coin will be dead.  I'm done mining it at the end of the day if nothing changes.

I'm actually pretty embarrassed right now.  I should've given this some thought a few days ago.
Bowdlerize

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:07:55 PM

dnaanders your complete lack of understanding of the miners concerns is worrying. If all the coin has going for it is day trading why mine it when we can mine a profitable coin and sell that to buy into CR trading? I fell bad now because me and my housemate went halves in our rig and now I need to break it to him I wasted 2 days on a coin with an ignorant dev. I just hope I can empty my wallet before there isn't enough hashrate to move CR.
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

Changes are currently being discussed between all of the devs, any suggestions/opinions are welcome.  Also, please keep in mind that this account is not run by just one person.
Egoista

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:21:14 PM

dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:23:11 PM

dnaanders your complete lack of understanding of the miners concerns is worrying. If all the coin has going for it is day trading why mine it when we can mine a profitable coin and sell that to buy into CR trading? I fell bad now because me and my housemate went halves in our rig and now I need to break it to him I wasted 2 days on a coin with an ignorant dev. I just hope I can empty my wallet before there isn't enough hashrate to move CR.

Listen, we are making changes as we speak.  Please disregard the dev that made that post, as well as a lot of the posts on the previous page.  
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

Listen, we are making changes as we speak.  Please disregard the dev that made that post, as well as a lot of the posts on the previous page.  

I still trust you guys. My suggestion is to increase the block reward every week for four weeks (up to 4k/block), then decrease. This will bring plenty of new miners to come on board while we establish the community and then engage in a phase that will increase the value of the already mined coins.

That's right along the lines of what we were thinking, six months is much too long.  Perhaps a month long like you said, and increase it in smaller increments at a faster rate (every 3-4 days)?
Bowdlerize

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:43:49 PM

I still trust you guys. My suggestion is to increase the block reward every week for four weeks (up to 4k/block), then decrease. This will bring plenty of new miners to come on board while we establish the community and then engage in a phase that will increase the value of the already mined coins.

That's right along the lines of what we were thinking, six months is much too long.  Perhaps a month long like you said, and increase it in smaller increments at a faster rate (every 3-4 days)?

This is sounding much better, while still stopping a massive insta-mine advantage.
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:21:33 PM

This is sounding much better, while still stopping a massive insta-mine advantage.

Thanks, this may be exactly what we do depending on the overall feedback we get. 
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:23:00 PM

Thanks, this may be exactly what we do depending on the overall feedback we get. 

i'd like this very much. you should be keeping a steady net hashrate. some have enough and leave, others see increasing rewards and come on board. sounds good.
ultrastructure

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:02:51 PM

I like this. Have you thought about how high the block rewards will go in the end? Maybe 13k is too high?
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:14:41 PM

Hi guys, I've set up a p2pool for Credits!!
Address: cr.p2phash.com

Blocks are coming! Here are some P2Pool benefits:
* No registration
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Slighty higher payouts including block fee
* No account hack possible

Fee: 1%
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:44:37 PM

I like this. Have you thought about how high the block rewards will go in the end? Maybe 13k is too high?

Thanks!  Yeah, we're either going to raise the block rewards overall, or lower them (either way making them very close to each other, more consistent). 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: