Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:40:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33366 times)
KAMO287

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 06:56:58 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 07:16:23 PM by KAMO287

Can you explain more about what Growth Mining is? I hadn't heard of it before but it seems very interesting.
Going to try to beat kamo to this answer!  I'm quite new here, but my understanding goes like this:

• Growth mining adds another kind of mining to the system, in addition to PoW.
  • 50% is growth mining.  50% is regular mining
  • Merit still has PoW mining, with CPU and GPU (cukoo cycle)
  • Merit is invite only -- you need an invite-token to have an activated wallet
  • The top 'growth miners' are the people who bring the most pepole into the network.
  • Everything is decentralized and on the blockchain -- not a central rewards program

Are you just another user and not affiliated with the team? It seems like the users on this project are super engaged for some reason.

Is there some sort of rewards you're working for by being so engaged with the questions here? Or are you just genuinely that interested in it's welfare?

Where do begin... It's refreshing to find a unique concept in crypto - and not only that- a dev team willing to drive that concept into reality. When you really understand what the team is trying to do it makes a big impact.

Yes it's an uphill battle (especially in the crypto world) - but this team has a great idea- and great horsepower to deliver it.

I personally am here because I know how easy it is for people to claim "scam! Ponzi! blah!" so educating people curious about Merit will not only help the project, but it will help me personally that some of you might sign up with my alias.

I feel helping and educating will help me grow my community in merit a lot further than just spamming my invite link and leaving.

It officially clicked for me about 4 weeks ago after mining Merit since June.

So if I were to sign up now there would be a field that would ask if someone recommended me? If I put down KAMO287, what would you get out of it?

Great question. If you use a sign up link: https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287

It should auto fill the alias that is associated with the link.

The alias is what matters. Anyone can go to the wallet and put in an alias during setup.

**(if you use my alias or link PM me so I can see who is who..lots of spam accounts these days)**

The other ways to get in would be if someone sent you a MeritMoney or MeritInvite link , they have invites built into the flow.

What would I get out of it? Well, I'd get real , awesome community members (I hope) . Like others said , it increases my community growth score , and that improved the chance of winning the growth reward lottery that happens every block.

I personally send merit and invites to my community to help them grow theirs so as I earn growth I send some back to those who care and are trying too.

End of the day , Merit is a big community , built up by a a bunch of smaller communities. Some care more about developing it as a community (me) while others just see it as a reward tree.

It's incentives to grow Merit.  And the team strives to find ways to not make it all about mining and not all about "referrals" . I don't get a cut of anything you do on your own. That's a misunderstanding a lot have.

That's why I think having proof of work and proof of growth both a part of the block chain and rewards is so cool, because I am not a hardcore hardware miner. Some might say I'm a growth miner though .

Does that help?

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
Brunson Jim

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

Hi  I really like your idea, but I think you have to do lot of work, getting permissions from regulatory authority would not be easy. Everything is in your hands
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

So if I were to sign up now there would be a field that would ask if someone recommended me? If I put down KAMO287, what would you get out of it?

Great question. If you use a sign up link: https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287

The alias is what matters. Anyone can go to the wallet and put in an alias during setup.

The other ways to get in would be if someone sent you a MeritMoney or MeritInvite link , they have invites built into the flow.

What would I get out of it? Well, I'd get real , awesome community members (I hope) . Like others said , it increases my community growth score , and that improved the chance of winning the growth reward lottery that happens every block.

I personally send merit and invites to my community to help them grow theirs so as I earn growth I send some back to those who care and are trying too.

End of the day , Merit is a big community , built up by a a bunch of smaller communities. Some care more about developing it as a community (me) while others just see it as a reward tree.

It's incentives to grow Merit.  And the team strives to find ways to not make it all about mining and not all about "referrals" . I don't get a cut of anything you do on your own. That's a misunderstanding a lot have.

That's why I think having proof of work and proof of growth both a part of the block chain and rewards is so cool, because I am not a harcore hardware miner. Some might say I'm a growth miner though .

Does that help?

That definitely cleared up my questions. I've never seen Proof of Growth before, is this something Merit made up?
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:08:12 PM

It's incentives to grow Merit.  And the team strives to find ways to not make it all about mining and not all about "referrals" . I don't get a cut of anything you do on your own. That's a misunderstanding a lot have.

That's why I think having proof of work and proof of growth both a part of the block chain and rewards is so cool, because I am not a harcore hardware miner. Some might say I'm a growth miner though .

Does that help?

That definitely cleared up my questions. I've never seen Proof of Growth before, is this something Merit made up?

Yup, don't think there's any comparable in the crypto space  Cheesy

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 07:08:50 PM

Does that help?

I would say they implimented it based off some other theories and ideas (outside of crypto) . I'm on mobile and this is tough to link but if you scroll through the pages I've left (and others) a good trail of answers that explain more how it works. When I get home I can link too .

Just got to sort through some of the early pages of invite spam. But some solid answers the past 24 hours

EmTee

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:14:21 PM

Yes, Proof of Growth is unique to Merit, from the website FAQ, here is a bit more explanation:
----
How do Growth Rewards Work?

Merit has a lottery system for rewarding people for growing and using the network.

A score is calculated per address by using the coin age of your address and your network’s. Coins that are 30 days old are fully mature and coins that are 7 days old are 50% mature. Your score increases as you acquire more Merit, grow your network, or both.

When you receive Merit, you are entered into the lottery pool if your score is high enough multiplied by some random weight. The lottery pool has a maximum of ten thousand spots.

Twenty winners are selected each block from the lottery pool at random where the chance of winning depends on your score. The winners get a share proportional to their score.

Your score determines the probability of winning.

The root address in the genesis block does not receive Growth Rewards.

An address can be booted out of the lottery pool if an address not in the pool gets a better score x random weight.

----

How, precisely, do I get credit for inviting someone?

When you share your invite code with friends (which is your alias), they can use it to create a pending wallet.

You will receive an invite request from all users that use your invite code (alias) to create a wallet.

You can choose to send invite tokens (aka, invites) to whoever you want to. You have your own personal wait list for Merit. You can send them as you receive them.

You can send an invite token to someone who has NOT used your invite code.

The invite code used determines the person who gets the credit for growing the community, irrespective of who sent the invite token.
lecsule

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

Greetings  im kinda in a hurry to get rich as those loan sharks i used to get the money to buy these coins seem very understanding and nice but i dunno
rembit77

Activity: 896
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:25:41 PM

To be honest, I'm still concerned about the exchange situation.

I like the Merit Market, and I agree it looks nice and easy to use.  But, I think that most crypto people are traders and hold many coins.  (Especially if they are buying alts.)

Logging into just one more exchange is a LOT of work to do.

that's exactly what i think about the project. the team needs to understand that they still have a lot of work both on the development of the protocol itself and the development of the community. such small projects if not attract influential people will not be able to grow into those giants of the market. the protocol itself is very good but it needs advancement.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:35:41 PM

I would say they implimented it based off some other theories and ideas (outside of crypto) . I'm on mobile and this is tough to link but if you scroll through the pages I've left (and others) a good trail of answers that explain more how it works. When I get home I can link too .

Just got to sort through some of the early pages of invite spam. But some solid answers the past 24 hours

You've been more than helpful already. I'll take a look at all your replies in the last 24 hours. I'll definitely be using your link as well. Thanks so much!
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 07:36:40 PM

To be honest, I'm still concerned about the exchange situation.

I like the Merit Market, and I agree it looks nice and easy to use.  But, I think that most crypto people are traders and hold many coins.  (Especially if they are buying alts.)

Logging into just one more exchange is a LOT of work to do.

Very true about your comment about the "typical crypto person"  - I know from conversations with the devs that, while educating and sharing Merit with the crypto community is an important part of the journey - we are not really the target audience - us crypto folk are just the river of people that empty into the ocean of the 99% of those who dont have or hodl or know about crypto.

So when you say it looks nice and easy to use,  that probably is making some merit dev smile-  since they want someone brand new to crypto to feel comfortable. A typical exchange for alts doesnt do that.

In no way am I saying they arnt focused on solving the puzzle to get on other exchanges, but the Market itself doesnt have an end goal to be your typical exchange.

great question/point

disifi

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:47:00 PM

Do I understand right that I need to be minimum a Junior member and then I can join the bounty? Or can I go for airdrops until I've become a junior member? It would be a good way to support the plan also…
There is actually signature campaign you can join if you meet the criteria https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5015102.0
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:29:26 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 08:40:46 PM by KAMO287

I am happy to see at least one ANN thread that isn't full of bots (or low-paid spammer humans, not sure).  Just wanted to say that. Seems like real questions and answers here.

Not sure how I missed this- but thanks for the kind words. There are obviously a good amount of Merit fans that really want to make sure the idea, project, and concept are communicated clearly - and not misunderstood.

It's not a cookie cutter strategy that's for sure.

There is a lot of junk out there... and Merit is really working on something unique. Excited to see where it'll be in a few years  Grin

Newguy201

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:19:41 PM

The fact that I never need to have my phone on me
to "copy" and "paste" this astronomically long address,
and can just tell someone send it to "Joe", they type
"Joe" into the address box and the money is sent to me
without a problem.  That kind of simplicity is what made
Apple what it is, EASE OF USE.

KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 10:25:45 PM

The fact that I never need to have my phone on me
to "copy" and "paste" this astronomically long address,
and can just tell someone send it to "Joe", they type
"Joe" into the address box and the money is sent to me
without a problem.  That kind of simplicity is what made
Apple what it is, EASE OF USE.

But your name is Tommy 🙀

Sorry trying to have some fun. It's a great point. AND I like that the wallets validate if the alias is real. Makes it super simple

Dtony

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:10:28 AM

You've been more than helpful already. I'll take a look at all your replies in the last 24 hours. I'll definitely be using your link as well. Thanks so much!

Good choice in going with KAMOs link. I’m jealous but he definitely deserves it. He has gone above and beyond for Merit in Telegram and Discord. He’s also a newly minted admin in the Parachute Merit Mining telegram channel. Haha.

Welcome to Merit mate and pop onto telegram if you need any help! https://t.me/meritocracy

Edit: added telegram link
tonypizzicato

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:32:14 AM

looks like our community is the most awesome ever! thank you guys for your support in answering all incoming questions!
and thank you KAMO to be that passionate and helpful!
the whole team is really working hard on hardening and improvement of the product, so may be not that responsive here, but covered by the community
CarrieDu

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:34:50 AM

investors should be very careful with those ones and should have in-depth considerations before deciding to invest their money. Most of them are scam ones, part of them are real ones, and small part of them are good ones.
Good luck with your decision!
shiggidy
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:52:58 AM

Did this project do an airdrop yet?  If not, will there be one? 

Also, if you are not doing an ICO, how are bigger investors supposed to be able to buy larger bags?

Not sure if anyone answered this, you can purchase up to 10k MRT per transaction right now (even if its comprised of tiny sellers) at https://market.merit.me/exchange

If you want to negotiate a bigger purchase, there are a few whales in Discord that can help accommodate your needs.  PM me if you need help getting to them, I'll connect you.
Dtony

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:56:03 AM

Just wanted to add I've been mining Merit since the CPU days, now mining with all my rigs on icemining.  What everybody's been saying about the dev team is true. I've been getting personal responses from Adil the entire time. Truly a top notch team that seems to care about not only their project, but the community that supports it.

I've mined/traded/hodling everything from eth, zec, zen, rvn to a myriad of shitcoins left and right.  I've never seen a project with this much potential, not even close.

Not to mention how easy it is to get started mining. Once you unlock the wallet it’s just a few clicks to get the mining started
Ricardo Tucker

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:07:45 AM

What are the basic measures you are going to take for mapping the decentralized data because most of the companies are looking for different types of data, from where you are going to collect the data?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: