Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The quality of the bounty has dropped very badly.  (Read 1369 times)
babyaia

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:47:35 PM

What you have said is true,I also notice the decrease of the bounty and my experienced was it takes time to pay you for your contribution in the project or worse they don't pay you at all.Its like there are only some that are profitable more of them are scams or they pay small amount.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:07:56 PM

I think the problem is that, a lot people are into ICO at the moment, and most of the good and solid projects are no longer doing bounty programs because they are sold off at private sale round because of high interest in ico investing, so the only project that you can see bounty are the ones that doesn't make much sense anymore. It's the current trend now.

crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:31:36 PM

The FOMO is over and increased difficulty of raising money has reflected on bounty campaigns, too. This is not a great situation for both sides, so right now, all we can do is hold on or leave it for a while/permanently (if you are not satisfied at all). Not an easy task to keep managers and bounty hunters motivated after that insane payouts though. We have to keep in mind that new merging teams are doing their best to reward people who are eager to promote their startup and gain exposure for their ideas. The recession will be over sooner or later and now it is time to fulfill our bags with coins at a bargain price, so why would anyone give up on bounties? Something invaluable today can be forged to something blooming tomorrow with a help of hard work and a bit of luck. It is certainly not over until no teams would come up with revolutionizing ideas  Wink.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:41:03 PM

I agree with you actually I have two projects done but still I got nothing because the value are so low I can't convert it to cash now so I decided to hold it first waiting for the miracle to go up.

hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:46:16 PM

There were a lot of profitable bounty in the last year. In the first half of this year, we can still find some potential bounty, but since the second half of this year, I have found that the bounty in the bounty section is getting less and less. More than 90% of the bounty is disappointing, I don't see any revolutionary projects.
This is a manifestation of the decline of the market. It seems that ICO model has been difficult to finance enough money now, so these ICO-based bounty, the risk of not paying is also getting higher and higher.
It's hard to find a satisfying bounty /ico now,how long do you think the bounty can live?

You are right about the revolutionary ideas, there are less unique projects but the overall amount and number of ICOs are actually growing which is weird.
The amount which is possible to earn from bounties is getting low because there is too many bounty participants and often good Icos dont even ave bounties.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:20:47 AM

It seems that ICO model has been difficult to finance enough money now, so these ICO-based bounty, the risk of not paying is also getting higher and higher.
It's hard to find a satisfying bounty /ico now,how long do you think the bounty can live?
Are you so particular about bounty or ICO ?
There would always be ICOs whether we like it or not as new projects will keep springing up every now and then.

Moreover, we have to understand that a team will need to do more than enough at this stage to be able to get smart investors to invest in their idea and product and it is normal in that vein to see an ICO not being successful as a result.

It is one of the things that affects bounties too which is what any hunter should understand before even deciding to take on bounty hunting, but to say because of that, bounties will end up long gone is absurd. Consider there are so many quality ICOs that have sprung up nonetheless.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
yuniguai

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

It is normal for the bounty to fall. In this bear market, when the market is in a bear market, any ICO financing will become very difficult, and in the bull market they can easily achieve softcap, but now there are very few projects can achieve softcap, the bounty as part of the ICO must also be affected. So please don't give up, wait for the arrival of the bull market, the bounty will follow the bull market recovery.
lt_dr

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:03:37 AM

I think bounty campaigns are an integral part of the marketing campaign of any ICO. You do not have to pay any kind of cash but can increase the hype of the project. So, It is foolish not to make a bounty campaign to increase the hype of the project.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:04:39 AM

Firstly, most projects are scam. Secondly, many more people are involved in bounty campaigns than last year. I think that these two factors are the main reasons for the fact that taking part in the bounty is now making less money.
jessd7

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:11:35 AM

Definitely, even airdrops promised by ICOs don't come at all. I guess the reason why this happens is that some ICOs just don't get their target sale or sometimes they don't really manage the bounty well. If this continues, the bounty quality would really decline and would most likely discourage a lot of people to just join any bounties. We would just start to be more choosy with projects and maybe this could help to lessen scam projects too.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:12:30 AM

totally agree with your points, compare with last year , 2018 not a good year for ICO, a lot of project discontinued because of can't raised minimum funds, bounty campaign quality dropped, some trusted and good bounty manager already have red trusts or disappear, current situation is so hard to find a trust bounty campaign with good reward right now, most of them don't pay at the end of campaign, anyway I just wait market recover and everything will be fine  Smiley
lagabara

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:18:04 AM

Because now more and more are participating in the bounty campaign which also makes the results less. And also there is a bounty that doesn't pay when it's finished. This makes the bounty more difficult for now. Even though the price was distributed, the price dropped far from the ICO price. Hopefully everything can return again as before as crypto prices can later improve again
Ebeano

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:47:00 AM

This is because  more participants are joining bounties coupled with the low allocations by the icon projects.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

I totally agree with you that bounty payments are not as good as last year and early this year. Even though the ICO's correctly paid the participants according to stakes and tokens allocated , the value of the tokens upon listing loses more than 60 to 75% of its value upon payment and we cannot blame the  team for that because we are in a bear market. I think Bounty would still continue since this is the most affordable way of marketing an ICO. we just need to be back in a bull market to have receive again good bounty payments.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:22:11 AM

I don't think the quality has dropped. What has dropped is the ability of dumb ideas to get funded on the back of whitepaper written by a bunch of teenagers. You should stop comparing things with how they were last year. 2017 was an anomoly driven by hype and FOMO. Now is the new normal. Good projects will still get funded but dumb ideas with little in the way development or without a strong team will not make their soft cap. 2017 is gone and won't be coming back.

jankekek

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:27:03 AM

Yes ! I agree with you. The quality of new bounty campaigns that had been active nowadays are dropped than in the recent years of ICO bounties. I think the reason of it is the unsuccessful launching of ICOs that had assigned a bounty program to help bounty hunters make profits on their works and to gain more community in their ICO's official sites but the outcome is not what as they expecting.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:30:01 AM

There were a lot of profitable bounty in the last year. In the first half of this year, we can still find some potential bounty, but since the second half of this year, I have found that the bounty in the bounty section is getting less and less. More than 90% of the bounty is disappointing, I don't see any revolutionary projects.
This is a manifestation of the decline of the market. It seems that ICO model has been difficult to finance enough money now, so these ICO-based bounty, the risk of not paying is also getting higher and higher.

I really share your sentiment on this very issue. Gone are the days when doing bounty is very profitable but all we see now are just crumbs. It is either you enter into a scam ico which are everywhere or participate in the few good one but as soon as they hit the part, it is a different story from what was envisaged. I hope new era of profitable bounties will come again.
imToken (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:58:30 PM

I believe that you don't have to focus on those 90% of the bounties, you just need to focus on 10% of the legit projects that are following the main stream. What does that mean ? That means you just be focusing on the ICO projects which are really taking the efforts to become that top 100 entity and makes things easier for you as well as for those founders and dev teams. Since long time we already know that most of the projects are scam one and hence we must not care about them but just keep trying for the best. If the scam ratio is more then all you have to do is have some extra bounties in your folio and work on them too.  
Thanks for your suggestion, but what puzzles me is that it is difficult for me to find the so-called 10% of the legit projects, the tokens I bought such as EOS, Cardano, BTS and other legit projects, they are still falling badly, I think Now I have a hard time believing ICO.

imToken (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:02:19 PM

It seems that ICO model has been difficult to finance enough money now, so these ICO-based bounty, the risk of not paying is also getting higher and higher.
Are you so particular about bounty or ICO ?
There would always be ICOs whether we like it or not as new projects will keep springing up every now and then.

Moreover, we have to understand that a team will need to do more than enough at this stage to be able to get smart investors to invest in their idea and product and it is normal in that vein to see an ICO not being successful as a result.

It is one of the things that affects bounties too which is what any hunter should understand before even deciding to take on bounty hunting, but to say because of that, bounties will end up long gone is absurd. Consider there are so many quality ICOs that have sprung up nonetheless.
So, What quality ICOs do you think this year? I admit that some ICOS may be good projects, they also have good plans and rigorous white papers, but they have become difficult to finance under the impact of a large number of scam ICOs, and the end result is ICO failure.

imToken (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:06:56 PM

I don't think the quality has dropped. What has dropped is the ability of dumb ideas to get funded on the back of whitepaper written by a bunch of teenagers. You should stop comparing things with how they were last year. 2017 was an anomoly driven by hype and FOMO. Now is the new normal. Good projects will still get funded but dumb ideas with little in the way development or without a strong team will not make their soft cap. 2017 is gone and won't be coming back.
You are right, 2017 will not come back. To be honest, I miss the good times of 2017, but unfortunately I have not participated in any bounty in 2017 because then I was a newbie.
For the old bounty hunters, they are indeed Really made money,I think the current bounty hunters may have entered a difficult and bad time, everyone is stretching their necks to summon the arrival of the bulls. LOL

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: