Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with fake exchanges  (Read 15812 times)
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:36:23 AM

I got dozens of those emails in my inbox too ,what I want to ask is how did they know my email?is this through filling up forms and registering for airdrops? Because its getting too much .I don't use new exchanges because of scam artists ,I only use old exchanges.
Good to used the trusted one, the so called old one because it is been tested for long run. Do not believe for emails that offers good because that will not give security for your account but became a way to get access by everyone. Scam people and sites are everywhere waiting for someone to get on the trap. Make secure the account where you keep good value coins. Be safe.

Betty10

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:52:22 AM

Thanks for this, when you are not sure of the correct exchange address, I recommend you use the coinmarketcap.com by searching out the token if already listed on CMC and clicking market, the various exchanges the token is been traded will show up, from here, you can click on the market pair, it takes you directly to the exchange. It's dangerous to use the google in trying to find the real address.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 04:09:11 AM

I got dozens of those emails in my inbox too ,what I want to ask is how did they know my email?is this through filling up forms and registering for airdrops? Because its getting too much .I don't use new exchanges because of scam artists ,I only use old exchanges.

That's true, they got your email from filled forms. That's why it is recommended to make new email account primarily for these purposes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
shendy

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:29:19 AM

This is what happened and we have to be more careful with everything that comes in our e-mail, don't let your guard down to give important things to others via e-mail.
For counterfeit exchanges we must be more vigilant and be careful, researching carefully so as not to be deceived. Prevent is better than already plunging.

kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:39:30 AM

An advise for you my friend when you have already found the real exchange that you want to use. Bookmark the page and you will be safe nex time you use the exchange. Another is if you are searching on a search engine then you should probably ignore the ones with ads. You carefully check the sites you are clicking. If you are not sure enough to click a site, be sure use a scanner for it will show when the site has malware installed on them. I use virustotal, I don't know if there are some others.

wairawein

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:43:24 AM

Currently there are some fake exchanges and people need to be careful, only select reputable exchanges and check carefully before the transaction, there are some people have suffered and suffered damage.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:48:58 AM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.

this is already familiar to me, I've also got links like this, which makes me lose a lot of tokens, learn from mistakes if there is an incoming email ask that information to the exchange party (contact customer service), and ask your friend who has long time in the world of bitcoin, hackers attack everywhere, increase your own security
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:15:04 AM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP,
The thing is don't easily click any links sent in email and always check the url even it seems the same. Don't get fooled by airdrops or any give aways.

Thanks for this, when you are not sure of the correct exchange address, I recommend you use the coinmarketcap.com by searching out the token if already listed on CMC and clicking market, the various exchanges the token is been traded will show up, from here, you can click on the market pair, it takes you directly to the exchange. It's dangerous to use the google in trying to find the real address.
This is also a good point since when you try to google some exchange sites a lot of fake websites appear and if you're first timer you might click on those. So this can also be consider aside from bookmarking the sites.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:24:03 AM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.
thank you for reminding, now the crypto world is in a security crisis, to send and receive ERC20 tokens, I recommend you to use MetaMask, in order to detect scam websites
with MetaMask too, we can minimize the occurrence of hacking private keys
AllStrong002

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:02:29 AM

There are a lot of example that fake exchangers bluff with many people so, we should always become careful in the case of choosing exchangers.
Corvin17

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:43:05 AM

Thank you for sharing, that is the only way to inform everyone about this fake site or exchanger that will hurt peoples purse. Let us keep sharing and informing everyone about something that is not should exist. Its the only way to protect ourselves to become their victims.
Winto

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

Make sure you bookmark the original exchange, also dont click on the first "add" website when you search in google - possibly a phishing

Winto.io | Private Sale at $0.01
Global Charity Related Project
Transparent & Accountable Team
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:55:01 AM

This is very true especially the decentralized exchanges that will get access to the wallet keystore can be very dangerous when the exchange is hacked or there is an impersonator in the exchange. This calls for everyone to be more careful about which exchanges to trade their tokens. This is a security concern for everyone.

iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:00:30 AM

What I do verify if an exchange is good or not, I see the traffic on it, there is a chrome extension called similar web where you can see the no. of users using the exchange, no. of visitors on the website, etc.

I am sure there may be many ways to find out if an exchange is real or fake, their presence on social media, there reviews on Trustpilot, google and you can see how many people are talking about it.

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
Cryptomania843

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

When we are told pay attention to the fake exchange. How can we pay attention to? Many exchanges are recognized like being the best exchange for example Binance, Bittrex, Coinbase then we have the second category exchanges which works well and to whom we can (often) trust such as Kraken, Cryptopia, Crex24, TradeSatoshi. When we want to buy a corner we go first to Coinmarketcap and if we click on "market" we see what corner exchange is selling. We have a tendency to trust Coinmarketcap for this information because it is a very important site. But as recently as last week, there were rumors about Okex's bosses. Okex is an exchange that many people use but it turns out that the bosses were not very honest. Okex is also an exchange that coinmarketcap named for the purchase of some cryptos.
It is therefore not always easy to differentiate the good exchange of bad. The best is to use those who are best reputed to avoid any problem.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
jhonvir666

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:10:20 AM

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley   It's really a lot of cheating now spreading fake replacements seems to be very similar and true. And for what we do we should be careful not to bump and to have guards up all the time. At the same time it is really necessary to keep some additional safeguards like a remarkable thing to research them and we will know or see if it's a legit or not, just get opinions with people. they should also give a warning to everyone that this is a fake exchanger.
mostpatientpp

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:14:45 AM

I can't agree more. Nowadays scam and hacker are everywhere, that's why i think that we should only believe in ourselves and do our research about any project.
Opusstin

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:36:25 AM

I often go to Russia. They have good monitoring of exchangers. In the end, I never lost my bitcoins there with scammers. I do not have enough global service by rating of exchangers. Who will create it - it will earn a lot of money
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:45:46 AM

In such case, its better to forget about the decentralised exchanges because they are already not so secure as compared to the crypto currency exchanges which are privately owned and also more or less centralised one. The reason is they don't want you to give private keys but on the other hand these decentralised one will sometimes ask you private keys and its really dangerous to send your keys like that which may phish you many times and thus you may loose your tokens from the ERC20 standard wallets. So yeah its better to stay away from such exchanges and any mail containing there links.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:52:57 AM

There are a lot of example that fake exchangers bluff with many people so, we should always become careful in the case of choosing exchangers.
Looks like it's very trendy now, there are even lots of new projects about crypto exchange place by offering free listings. I'm not instead of saying it bad, but because they are new, so we can't trust them as much as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: