Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:47:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with fake exchanges  (Read 15812 times)
Ividanik
Copper Member

Activity: 205
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:03:29 AM

Here are scammers and hackers everywhere these days. It is because there is big money involved in the crypto and if you can get access to someone's private keys, you can steal everything without the risk to go to jail. This is a big problem and I hope there will be a  solution in the future on how to find and punish these guys
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:06:49 AM

you are right, if you get spam about the airdrop given by an exchange similar to etherdelta. I'm different again. I got spam about upgrading the wallet from fake myetherwallet. even daily can reach 10 spam emails. I initially believed and clicked on the link provided. but after I examined it. it turns out the link is different and I have to make a new wallet address. I am lucky because in the first wallet there is no balance. so stay cautious, about exchanges, wallets and more. because there are many crime modes.
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:45:48 AM

There are several websites that claim that they are 'wallets' to store Bitcoin. Some claim that they are 'Exchange' where people can trade Bitcoin. There are also those who claim to be both, but usually things like this are fraudulent sites. Usually they ask users to register and deposit Bitcoin or local currency then they run away the money. Things you need to pay attention to Use the services of a trusted and registered company:

Make sure you can verify the identity of the employee / company owner
See if they are mentioned in local and international news publications
Be careful in using your new exchange, application, and browser extensions
arafat222

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:56:13 AM

Now many exchange are come in online but many new exchange are not safe if you want to trade new exchange you should first research that exchange
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:57:47 AM

Thanks for sharing the info OP however i was found several case such as OP says that the latest news is the website address from my local exchange also duplicated by hackers and if i didn't too thorough maybe they will stole my password too and indeed being carefully is very necessary to avoid similar things such as this
Phlaser

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.

So many of theses new exchnages are terrible and one can easily lose his or her money. Best is to deal with some trusted exchanges that have earned their trust over the years and got good support team.
crypt_farid

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

I have been victim myself, but not a clone exchange, but a clone ICO website than that managed to get me with a typo on the URL... stay say people
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:52:00 AM

There are now many false exchanges created to scam the investors. we should be careful. I think when we visit the exchange. Carefully check the addresses correctly. And bookmark that exchange website. to avoid misleading your next visit.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:37:11 AM

There are a lot of crypto exchanges as scams as these are also scam sites with scam investment sites.  Most of these are unpaid when you deposit these types of exchangers and most Altcoins or tokens have no volume per coins.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

Thanks for not keeping this to yourself. With this information, many of us will be able to avoid these scammers. I always avoid any invite or whatsoever from an unknown sources. I think this can be a good way to avoid entering your private keys at wrong places.

Hydroid

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:03:20 AM

If anyone not secure their private key then the will be lost their wallet. Beccause there are many trap like fake exchange used to stole private key then stole the particular wallet.
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:12:02 AM

Today i also received a new phishing phenomenon named Binance on telegram and for everyone 10,000ETH to expand the fan. Many people have trapped this trick. So people are careful when dealing.
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

I fully agree with the author of the post. Now, in connection with the development of the crypto-currency market, there are many fraudsters who try to make profit by deceiving investors. I advise, before working with stock exchanges, gather more information about them and clarify with the managers of companies.
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

I am happy in each time I have perused something so great and educational here in the in the discussion that will happily help every one of us, dodging us to be a casualty of a few cheats and tricks that will result to our loss of crypto cash and that, as well as what is most noticeably bad to misfortune is the trust and confidence of a few clients to the digital money network. I am grateful to you amigo to disperse this sort of data.
Proctopus90

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:16:19 AM

Online wallet aren't invulnerable from hackers so everyone need to keep their private key safe and never share this somehere in online. Not even believe on link or advertisement which from unrecognized source.
Nightingale2

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:31:47 AM

Thanks for the article it is very important to know which are fake or which account are real. There are many fake account it create problem for the user exchange tokens. It will be helpful for all the user.
Dessy Nurvianti

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:37:25 AM

There are many phishing website in internet. We need be careful, if not we will lost our coin. Some people do anything to steal our coin. We need to learn again and be a smart person.
BitTheLight1

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:43:15 AM

scams has become much more than it was, so be careful not to give your email, unknown links do not go. be vigilant
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

I agree with you on this. There are many fraudulent transactions. You should not use your wallet address to participate in too many AIRDROP campaigns as you can get a lot of junk tokens and it's not worth the price. Here hackers can steal valuable tags from your wallet. Also, you should hide your email address.

melkola

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:46:26 AM

I do not trust exchanges whose work experience is less than three years. Although no one is immune from all kinds of risks. But yet, before you start capital on the stock exchange I 100500 times will test it on various benchmarks and reviews online. I know that reviews can be bought or wound, but such comments immediately stand out for their sweetness.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: