Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HEX] HeisenbergHEX: Too many cooks spoil the broth [UN-updated]  (Read 123097 times)
XXXgames

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:09:35 PM

Saul I see your point maybe the crime aspect of the show is too seedy and leaves out a lot of the potential of the coin and what Heisenberg really represents. Still, bad ass public figures and maybe HEX hotties are not criminal things - just rebellious things that might help us get more popular and build a community

I agree that HEX is a great abbreviation and that there must be some as yet unrealized way to capitalize on that.

I don't agree with Parkole that we need to have these discussions in private - transparency is not a bad thing - and the most important part of any coin is the community around the coin and these debates/discussions show that we have a community who are willing to be in it for the long haul.

Crazy Idea 5: Many of the decisions that Heisenberg made were quite unexpected and innovative ( even if in a criminal way). And the identity of Heisenberg remained a mystery for most - like Hank. So maybe we find a way to marry HEX to the innovative things in the world and the mysterious things in the world. We could flip the Most Wanted concept on its head and have a HEX Most Wanted page on the new website where we offer free HEX to people who have recently made any type of innovative contributions to the world such as scientific, artistic, musical or whatever. We could use a HEX voting system to nominate them and vote for them. These people probably would not claim their prizes in which case we could roll them over but it would help us build a community and perhaps get us press...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PartyVids

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

I vote Saul to be the new leader. He contributed a lot to this coin. We are moving faster thanks to him.

Yes  Cool
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

I think you summed it up Krostue as to why it is time for this coin to move on from the original team - for one thing I think they have posted like 3 comments lol- And Krostue it sounds like a crappy situation you are in - But there is a lot of energy here to move the coin forward. If you have some coins you should hold them because in the future they will be worth more and you will be rewarded for your early work on this project...
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:26:13 PM

Sorry for the shit situation they put you in Krostue.

This further enforces a new team needs to get on board. Then maybe guys like Krostue can be rewarded for their efforts. It takes a "team" effort for this to work. Obviously the original team just "aint got the goods!!"
CallSaul

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:34:39 PM

Well, OK; lemme share what I think;

230 mil premine was lost and suddenly all stopped. Which, sorry (REALLY SORRY), seems like there were no so good intentions behind the pre-mine anyway.
Seriously, I mean, like - if there was anything after that coming from the Cook, I'd say - OK; this guy is straight and things will work out. Tho, it never happened.
Looks like guy is crying in the corner about the pre-mine lost, really.

Which kinda makes me wonder what was in his head before start? Dump at 10 sat, x 230 mil = 23 BTC and THEN run?
Not sure, but the general attitude of some from original team makes me feel unpleasant about my personal stake in this.
I'm not doing FUD but simply stating the obvious.

BUT we will NOT focus on those things anymore! It makes no difference anymore and frankly, it's water under bridge.

Krostue, my friend, nobody's trying to push you out. Tho, if you will keep waiting for the instructions, then obviously you cannot pull things by yourself. And at this point, proactive and motivated people can pull something out, not those who still resent what was done in past.
Don't hate me for saying it like that, but it sure as hell seems like it. I am sorry that things were done that way in the beginning, but nobody active on this thread now is to blame.
It sucks, but really, what to do now? Forget it!

Are you interested in staying here with the new things in motion? Perhaps do your web magic in new way?
I can for sure give you back your 10 mil from faucet, if it helps. That was a big donation, I'm sure faucet will be fine with only 1-2 mil in.

And IRC was good suggestion purely because it's faster then here. Tho, if most feel like here is good place to discuss, I have no issues with that, nothing to hide or to be ashamed with.

On the other note, NICE! We started something now, communication is up, try not to expect anything in few days people, but we're rolling back, I'm glad to see so.
In couple of weeks we can prove to outside world how a good community is most important, for sure.

Oh and btw, XXXgames has some cool ideas that can be worked with.
Here's my twist as a personal ide, maybe you can work in that direction: HEX can be used as well to fund projects that keep people OFF drugs and crime.
Like, education projects, or rehabilitation projects. Just a thought.

p.s.
I got some PM's, people you rock! I'll get back to you each, but slowly (360 secs post rule lol), thanks for the great interest. Keep em coming!
southerncross

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

Kostrue has done nothing but good for the coin so far. Don't shit on people that have been a help to you already and are only asking for help to keep things moving. Who else here is paying out of their own pocket to keep things moving ?

don't become asses people.
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:53:00 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:10:46 PM by CallSaul

don't become asses people.

+1

We are all at same level, probably, way I see it.
@Krostue: I think it can be read out from this last few pages, if there is a will on your side too, you're very welcome to be apart.
I mean, I don't suppose one can blame community for trying to do something, and things are actually pretty clear.
And don't get depressed so easily. Really, it's gonna work out. Keep head up and help, or don't but then be straight about it. Nobody will blame you if you back down, but you're more than welcome to jump in.
While at that, is there anything you can share with us? Like, are there people in original dev team that are still up for something aside yourself?
Which roles are we missing to get complete team? Stuff like that.

Furthermore, other questions:

1. Do we have the current domain, or is it in hands of the old dev? There is nothing hopeless if it's with old dev, I can dig out pretty cool domain name(s) and host it.
2. New thread? I'm thinking it's not a question of choice much, if we don't have the control over this one (OP), we need to go that way. Tho, I remember Krostue having access, so that might work well then.

Those are some things we can think about until we get final green light to go.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

I believe it is very simple

Vote for Hex on mintpal!!! Get it listed on a bigger exchange...
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:12:19 PM

Wondering...

I'm going to crimea to the tatarian population, maybe we can link HEX to support the tatarian population of crimea? Put it in the spotlight, but i don't know how we can support it. I was thinking to create a donation address where people can drop their HEX coins, but then what do you with them? People don't need HEX coins at the moment, they are afraid, and poor, so they need real money to buy sucker, milk, chocolates.
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

Whilst I agree, the fundamentals have to be in place with a good DEV. If it launches now, it will only reach a FRACTION of it's real worth. Better to spend a few weeks really nailing this and getting everything in order. Then start expanding to bigger exchanges.
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:15:32 PM

There is a tiny fail part in this possible outcome, talking from this time and place. Unless you're referring to this as some of the future steps.
See, getting on mintpal will be as same as cryptorush at the moment. Simply because at the moment, there is NO infrastructure.

IF we're talking about week or two or even double from that, which is anyway likely to happen by the current vote rate - then we might have something.
Make no mistake - coin being on exchange with no inside development is as good as dead.

Basically, +1 on what HEISENAIR said.
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Wondering...

I'm going to crimea to the tatarian population, maybe we can link HEX to support the tatarian population of crimea? Put it in the spotlight, but i don't know how we can support it. I was thinking to create a donation address where people can drop their HEX coins, but then what do you with them? People don't need HEX coins at the moment, they are afraid, and poor, so they need real money to buy sucker, milk, chocolates.

You are going to Crimea? Where are you from? Maybe if you could get one local grocery store to accept HEX that would be enough. Donations could come in worldwide bc it is very easy to get HEX and then send it to a Tatarian HEX donation spot. Tatarians could claim their HEX by...we'll we would have to figure that out. Do they use computer cafés or do they have their own computers? We could makes slogans like Heisenberg takes on Putin or HEX for Progress or something like that.

Connecting HEX with a relief effort would be good promotion...
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:31:14 PM

Charities often keep 90% of the donations for administrative costs but moving money with cryptocurrency is easier - if HEX could do this much more efficiently and say get 100% of the donation to the people this could make us quite we'll known quickly. Also it would be in the best interest for a grocery store in Crimea to accept HEX bc it would get them more business...
thesociableme

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:03:13 PM

I forked the original source before they did some updates on the 9th... 

So if you need it...   here is my copy of the original source.... 

https://github.com/theSociableme/HeisenbergHex

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆  New AltCoin Dice Site | BoomDice  |  Currently Beta Testing  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:07:22 PM

I forked the original source before they did some updates on the 9th... 

So if you need it...   here is my copy of the original source.... 

https://github.com/theSociableme/HeisenbergHex

Awesome!!!
Can you perhaps tell what was done on the 9th vs the original source?
Is that the one with HBX (and not HEX)?

I noted few things that wallet could use as bugfix. I noticed it syncs at first, then it shows as not synced, but in background it syncs anyway.
Weird but true. Also, some changes might be good for the wallet itself. Not speaking about blockchain tho.
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

Saul, where are we on coinedup issue?

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:32:58 PM

Wondering...

You are going to Crimea? Where are you from? Maybe if you could get one local grocery store to accept HEX that would be enough. Donations could come in worldwide bc it is very easy to get HEX and then send it to a Tatarian HEX donation spot. Tatarians could claim their HEX by...we'll we would have to figure that out. Do they use computer cafés or do they have their own computers? We could makes slogans like Heisenberg takes on Putin or HEX for Progress or something like that.

Connecting HEX with a relief effort would be good promotion...

I'm from Belgium, but yes, i'm going to crimea, don't know when as i was there a few weeks ago... maybe next month or so. Interesting, i can in fact have a little chat with some local grocery store in crimea. My russian is not that great but i have someone that speaks Tatars, so that fix the problem easily.

Just thinking how i will plan it, as it is nice to help tatarian population, but HEX coin owners also want some results... they want to see their coin price moving higher and higher, so we somehow need to hit the news papers...
thesociableme

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:36:17 PM

Does anyone agree the website MUST be changed/updated to be taken seriously. I have done a few websites in the past that WAY exceed the presentation of this one. Surely someone who does Websites can be hired?? This is a quck template, with some text on the front page.

Time to wake up from your deep sleep Dev  Roll Eyes
^ did you get paid for those GREAT websites?

That was supposed to be me, and I did not get paid.
To tell you the truth I don't have an UNLIMITED amount of FREE time to sit here and play switchboard operator. I tried that for about three weeks now... and have earned myself about $60 That barely covers my out of pocket expenses . ....let alone does that even come close to what my SPENT time is worth.

To tell you the truth (not that any of you really seem to care) this whole thing has gotten me extremely depressed. And yes, I have been pretty much sleeping the entire last few days. To tell you the truth I have not talked or txted or chatted or emailed with ANYONE for the last several days. Not just you users here. My initial delay I was trying to get somethings going with the original team, but I am growing very wary of them. IMHO: They are not concerned with the future of this coin.

My problem is that I was offered payment to help on this project. Then I was not listened to, walked on... and then not paid. For the "community" to just come along and do the same thing is just insult to injury. I have already offered to make improvements on the site, yet CallSaul is the only one who has responded. REALLY aggravating when people come into the thread and without any understanding of what is going on offer to bump me from the project. Yes, I TOO have made "websites in the past that WAY exceed the presentation of this one." This one was going to be nice, until theCook told me to scratch what I had built, cause he already had something on his machine that was better. YES, then the night before release, he posts this template, which I adapted.

What do you want the main page to say in this thread? Do you know the actual math that should be posted?

I don't know if it helps but I'm willing to put up 5 million hex to help out with your time.... but we need to get the HEX up to 20 or 40 satoshi

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆  New AltCoin Dice Site | BoomDice  |  Currently Beta Testing  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:42:10 PM

Saul, where are we on coinedup issue?

Good question. I was not directly involved in coinedup.com matters, really. I had this idea I was trying to pull out for total number of coins, tho, that didn't go well that much on my side.

Here's the thing:

To be able to run full real time coin number, it's impossible to do from wallet alone.
So, you basically need to dump one block at the time, to get total coins in some sort of DB, then, when current block approx is reached, you can only pull out new ones and make it readable in real time.

Now, I've tried to do that with PHP; but best speed I can pull out is like, 2 dumps (block) per second at most, plus, PHP has no persistent memory and is simply not best choice for this.
Aside pools, as MPOS does run on PHP/MySQL, tho they update their blocks in real time and have started way earlier.

So, these are two options, actually 3:

1. Any pool owner could pass me the DB dump of that table only with blocks. That would make my work WAY LOT HELL easier as I'd be able to jump to almost latest blocks and do things easy.
I can of course connect my daemon to that DB then and post it on faucet sub-address to be readable, and to work with both DB and real time wallet blockchain info to keep things accurate.

2. If anyone can make a QUICK SMALL C++ code that would pull out that, basically the program should just have to pull out RPC data for one block each second and dump it in some kind of DB (preferably something that can be then exported for web usage under LAMP). Or JAVA, basically anything that can use threads and iterate simple tasks, I think.

3. If all else fails in shorter time, let's say until tomorrow at midnight, I can then try to go do it manually with what I have in PHP; but it is a bitch, trust me. I can't trust PHP script to do process iteration jobs without cron and even then it's a bitch again.

Regarding any solutions, I already got needed RPC code to get each block data, only thing missing is a good "worker program" do to it.

Anyway, I may have misread your question, if it's about getting up on coinedup, I think, especially now with new things moving, we should give it just a bit more time. Let's say a week, for sure.
There's still a lot of other basics that need to be covered here before we can move on. I'm merely trying to point out tactics in which we don't get burned with going out to more exchanges with coin in this condition. Seems logical to me.
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

I am no IT guy, so I am not sure if I understand this correctly but won't contacting pool owners solve our problems? I think it is important to show people that we ale moving forward with this issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: