Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can blockchain replace bank?  (Read 4149 times)
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:39:31 AM

I think Blokchain cannot replace a bank. Because Blokchain is a technology, a bank is an organization or a company, but maybe in the future, the bank collaborates with the Blockchain technology, it might happen.

About the topic obviously it's impossible in blockchain to replace our bank because there's a lot of people here in the world are really haven't heard about the crypto currency or in blockchain. Banks are already used the blockchain but it doesn't mean that it would be replaced.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

robertycore
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:50:00 AM

no, bank is bank and crypto is a different thing
Milansilver7

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:51:17 AM

I think banks can use blockchain technology in their systems, blochain will make it easier and more open for banks and customers, all transactions are paperless and unlimited, I think banks and governments are still hesitant to implement blockchain technology in banks.
valter_dego

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:59:18 AM

The current trend of blockchain is very high, couple with it's ability to execute millions transactions within seconds, few transactions cost and no third party is require or paper signing. All transactions recorded and kept open, taking alway cross border and languages barrier, excellent in e commences. So many features to change the world. My emphasis is can blockchain has the capacity to replace bank?

Blockchain technology will never replace banks. Because it's only a technology for storage and transfer of financial assets, and also need financial and credit organization providing financial services. You can store and transfer your funds in decentralized way using blockchain, and you can take a credit only in Bank.
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:10:25 AM

I believe crypto will replace the bank and the decentralization occurring will replace the corporations.  I'm not sure what the elite have in store but there is a historical change going on right now (it's hard to see while your in the middle of it) and I assume its not going to be good for us in the long run. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:15:27 AM

Both are irrelevant and irreplaceable, Banks operate without the need for blockchain and blockchain operations without banking. If the future is better then we can see that banks will apply the blockchain to their system

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
melander81

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:18:15 AM

It is already a bank. You can save your coins on your own wallet, transact it and its value eventually grows. We just need more people utilizing it and surely banks will start adopting them.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:32:51 AM

The current trend of blockchain is very high, couple with it's ability to execute millions transactions within seconds, few transactions cost and no third party is require or paper signing. All transactions recorded and kept open, taking alway cross border and languages barrier, excellent in e commences. So many features to change the world. My emphasis is can blockchain has the capacity to replace bank?
What you indicated creates a good prospect for the use of crypto currency by citizens. For them, such qualities of crypto currency are really very good and open many opportunities. However, for the state, its government bodies and banks, such qualities are not needed in general. They can use some of the possibilities of the crypto currency, however, the high volatility of the price of the crypto currency and its poor controllability is not suitable for them.
Crypto currency can not replace banks, banks have a completely different specificity of activity: the crypto currency can not serve in general the accounts of legal entities, can not provide the monetary policy of the state, for example, can not credit the development of agriculture in the country.

Samohunk

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:34:44 AM

I think banks can use blockchain technology in their systems, blochain will make it easier and more open for banks and customers, all transactions are paperless and unlimited, I think banks and governments are still hesitant to implement blockchain technology in banks.
Yeah I'm agree with that. I believe that in the future we'll see banks implements this technology in their business processes. After they see the benefit in this new platform. And also after the government make the regulation to accept the cryptocurrency transactions. Just wait and see mate.
djuragan

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:03:41 AM

That ways is still possible, but it will need times and a big effort to makes people fully accept the blockchain technology.
Without the trust from people just like regular banking does, than it would be hard to achieve that goal.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
racialopinion80

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:29:04 AM

Blockchain can replace the Bank. It could happen in the future. Because of the popularity of the financial system that uses Blockchain. The ease and advantages are very good compared to the Bank at the moment, this system uses a decentralized financial system, which means that if the transaction is no longer using a third party such as a Bank, that makes this system more efficient than the current Bank.
akunta

Activity: 196

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:33:11 PM

i think some form of a bank system will remain but it will be connected to blockchain somehow. the invention is as old as this world, i doubt banks dissapear quickly

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
QueenCryptomarket

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:28:18 PM

Blockchain technology will replace the banking system faster than we can imagine. Do you know why? Because modern banks and payment systems of influential countries do not stand still, but decide globally to update the old technologies themselves with advanced crypto technologies. These changes are already taking place, but we do not yet feel them.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:33:55 PM

Blockchains won't replace banks, but they can certainly become one and the same. There are currently a lot of banks that are beginning to integrate Intel's hyperledger technology in order to manage their databases. The two technologies however are not in direct competition, banks are essentially money management organizations, whereas blockchain is a data management system, hence you can see why banks might want to use blockchain to help manage their data more efficiently, particularly when they operate across multiple borders.

Over time, we may see decentralized banking services appear on the blockchain, but this is likely to be quite some time away, and certainly not something that you can expect within the next 5 years or so.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:06:05 PM

what do you mean? replace as in blockchain will be the one that we are gonna use as bank or storage of our money? if so, its impossible, blockchain is not some storage of money like banks, its just a technology.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:21:29 PM

I think that the blockchain will not be able to completely replace the banking system .. it is rather a separate element in the sphere of payment and transfer of funds..

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Sir.Stevenson

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:29:22 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 08:48:42 PM by Sir.Stevenson

One such blockchain that's giving it a good crack is DNotes...

DNotes (dnotescoin.com) is cryptocurrency and payments system that acts very similarly to a bank, however with the added benefits of blockchain technology of course.  The digital currency features a web-accessible fortress that securely stores user assets offline in cold storage, in order to avoid the associated online risks due to hackers, system crashes, etc.  Additionally, all funds in the DNotesVault are covered by a 100% deposit guarantee, which is made possible through a separate cold storage account, secured in a different location.  The secondary cold storage account will always hold an amount in excess of the Vault's total guaranteed deposits and are verifiable at any time through the blockchain.

While the funds are securely held in the DNotesVault they accrue interest, again very similarly to a bank but far more generous - with the Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP).  Each DNotes wallet will earn 0.5% interest every month, 6% annualized.  This system rewards investors in-line with the network's long-term goals, with those who simply trade the currency forgoing this privilege.

The goal of DNotes is to provide a stable and reliable currency so that it can be used as you would traditional money, but faster, safer, cheaper and more transparently than ever before with no middlemen to slow down processes and rob its customers with devious fees (as banks do).  Furthermore DNotes does not discriminate and is available to anyone, no matter where they may be in the world.

DNotes are building intrinsic value into the DNotes Coin with support from the strategic ecosystem that it is planned to develop, as well as 25% equity in the partnered for-profit DNotes Global Inc company.  Furthermore, with a self governance POS model that rewards its own community for verifying the blockchain transactions, further protects the long-term interest and economy of the network - as those personally invested are less likely to dump newly generated coins.

So in summary to answer your question, yes - Blockchain can absolutely replace a bank, provided there is a comprehensive strategy to support the associated digital currency and that plan is effectively implemented and embraced.  DNotes could potentially be just the blockchain to do it.
cryptomadu

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:32:07 PM

In near future NO. But in long run with the improvements, I think that can happen. We need to see lots of development to happen that. Especially the trust needs to be built among the people about crypto.

┈┈┈┈┈ CyberFlix TV App (https://cyberflixapktv.xyz) ┈┈┈┈┈
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:35:01 PM

It will take a long time before blockchain replaces banks. I am not sure I want to see it replaced by blockchain either. The blockchain technology is great, but I think that it might do better if it try to co-exist with banks and fiat, simply because not every country will know or have access to bitcoin and/or blockchain. Also, it will be good if people have a choice whether they prefer to keep their money in the banks or in e-wallets, dont you think?
mh6e

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:47:20 PM

System wise I think blockchain and bank are totally different. Blockchain is a technology for digital currency while bank is purely dealing with fiat currency. Although in blockchain is less barrier or much easier to transfer big amount with minimal charge but it has also big risk. While in bank a bit hassle and it takes time to withdraw big amounts specially if it reaches 7 digits but more secure. But in the future we don't know really what will happen if blockchains  make some new adjustment specially the trust and security issues will be resolve then maybe this will replace banking system.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: