Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are not motivated by money.  (Read 3214 times)
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:26:00 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
As far as I am concerned, for those people with true passion for something and creating solutions to problems, the idea of being able to create those solutions, make name and get recognized for it, is already a very huge innovation for them.

These days though, we would not lie to ourselves, that people in this category are a lot less as everyone is actually just looking for ways they can get hands on their money and even with all the passion to solve problems, create and innovate, you can still get frustrated if you are hungry. Just saying!

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:21:40 PM

People are doomed to earn money to live a better life, and the more people gain, the happier they are. For this reason, I believe that money is a good source of motivation for people. It always makes people who earn more income more happy and always try to do better to increase their current income. For example, if a company pays additional income to its staff, it will be more efficient to see that the personnel work more efficiently. Therefore, I believe that money is a good source of motivation and morale for people. In the end, we strive to live a better life and we need to make more money to achieve this better life. So, what do we do to reach this life? We make money. We use money as a source of motivation to earn money and reach that life.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

People pushed onto something and do it with greatness is due to their personal desire, a hunger and thirst to prove themselves, and a call of a need. Hence, the pursuit of something does not involve a motivation by money. Hypocrite am I if I will not receive payment in exchange on what I did to others because that is my work and work need to be payed off. However, money is just a shallow representation and source of motivation. Because we know deep down inside that we are doing things in accordance to the burning fire of passion within us and because of happiness. We tend to cometimes do things for money but later did we realize that money is nothing if we cannot achieve happiness in there. At the end of the day, we are successful not just because of the motivation by money.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:06:35 PM

Even if the innovators are true to their intentions of helping the world be a better place to live in they are still under the payroll of large companies who are waiting for them to innovate to get paid. This is the current scene we are seeing now, the largest chunk of any billion dollar company is dedicated to Research and Development and they are not doing this to innovate freely but to take advantage and earn profit from what they do. We cannot pretend that they are doing this to help the world freely anymore.
bastian466

Activity: 1316
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:35:56 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 04:19:14 PM by bastian466

Motivation in life is needed to be a better life. rich people and artists can be role models, see or research how they can make money easily and succeed in becoming a billionaire, because money today is everything there are many ways to earn money all racing contest

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

Even if the innovators are true to their intentions of helping the world be a better place to live in they are still under the payroll of large companies who are waiting for them to innovate to get paid. This is the current scene we are seeing now, the largest chunk of any billion dollar company is dedicated to Research and Development and they are not doing this to innovate freely but to take advantage and earn profit from what they do. We cannot pretend that they are doing this to help the world freely anymore.

In reality, things are even worse than that

The R$D departments aren't innovating for the betterment, well-being or welfare of humankind as many erroneously assume. They are innovating exclusively out of profit motives only. In practice, it often means that they may develop, design, or invent something very useful (say, a cure for cancer) but since they are exclusively profit-oriented, corporations don't necessarily try to market their invention as fast as possible, which you would expect from someone actually interested in pushing the progress forward and helping the world. They will likely postpone the production until their previous product is paid for by the market and its profit potential is fully exploited

Minusha

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:48:00 PM

People are very much motivated by money. They may say they aren't, but when it comes down to, it single individual will reference it in an argument they need to win.

I absolutely agree, even I don't trust my eyes if I read that people are not motivated by money. Money was and always will be the most powerful motivator ever. And people that have really enough money want just more money!

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:30:52 PM

People are doomed to earn money to live a better life, and the more people gain, the happier they are. For this reason, I believe that money is a good source of motivation for people. It always makes people who earn more income more happy and always try to do better to increase their current income. For example, if a company pays additional income to its staff, it will be more efficient to see that the personnel work more efficiently. Therefore, I believe that money is a good source of motivation and morale for people. In the end, we strive to live a better life and we need to make more money to achieve this better life. So, what do we do to reach this life? We make money. We use money as a source of motivation to earn money and reach that life.

Unfortunately, this is the truth of the modern life which cannot go on if you do not have the money. I am sure that it is exactly money which motivates people to work hard.
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:03:49 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
Well i do think there is something different that motivate people even for tesla. Back in there tesla are motivated to create something perfect that can deliver electricity to every home in the world. He even arguing with his senior edison who invented the light bulb. They got different ide and somehow tesla idea is the one that are success. I believe there is nothing wrong to be motivated by money and i do believe we do need something that motivated us to keep us a live, its not always have to be money but maybe family, job or anything else could motivated you to do better.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:49:23 PM

I can not say that people are not motivated by money because money is the number one reason why we are here investing our money in crypto looking for a better future. We strive everyday we work hard to earn money and this is the reality to us.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:27:00 PM

Bruh...

You don't know how wrong you're here. 99% of the people are motivated by money. Tesla won't be here,had it not been for profit. Money is what makes people get going, which is bad. Money is more important to people than anyfuckingthing else. I'd humbly suggest you read up on the shit that keeps happening in this world.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:40:14 PM

You are right about the cavemen painting 20,000 years ago not thinking about money. But in these generations where people cannot do a thing without money, I doubt if they have any motivations that does not involve money.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Ridersss

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:34:17 PM

Maybe what you say is true and has reason for sufficient reason. But in my opinion even though humans are not motivated by money, humans still need money to continue their lives. It is true that he is devoted to science, but does he not need clothes? food? drink? etc. so in my opinion money is the basic thing that humans must have.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:50:47 PM

Most humans are motivated by money because well who doesn't want money. But fact still remains that people are not motivated solely by money. Olympiads are motivated for the glory of the sport. Teachers are motivated by the progress of their students. Capitalism i think made a generalized observation as compared to other economic models.

cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 05:10:14 AM

Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

I don't think it's possible to paint everyone with the same brush, there is a large proportion of people that are absolutely motivated by money. For some it is necessity, others it's desire and/or greed. You're right that some people don't need money for motivation, but using cavemen as an example isn't proving much. Back then it was survival of the fittest, and if someone else had something you wanted/needed, you just fought for it or took it, exchanges of goods hadn't really kicked in. There are individuals who don't require money for motivation, but often it's because they already have the financial stability (at least without starving anyway) to be able to devote their time and energy to innovation.

Olympiads are motivated for the glory of the sport.

And yes, there are other clear motivational aspects - glory is undoubtedly one, and not just for Olympians.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
BigBos

Activity: 1890
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:23:55 AM

Most humans are motivated by money because well who doesn't want money. But fact still remains that people are not motivated solely by money. Olympiads are motivated for the glory of the sport. Teachers are motivated by the progress of their students. Capitalism i think made a generalized observation as compared to other economic models.
no wonder if it's like that. at this time, almost false is a measure of money. money is something that is really needed, not only people, but also the state makes it very important. So, sometimes a lot of money is a motivation for us to work hard.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:34:30 AM

I tend to disagree buddy,because people of old ages is can be compared by animal behavior because of non presence of money or gold,but when time comes that goldnd money has created and learned people don’t stop to striving just to gather how manys they can have

Today all the problems are answerable by money sometimes even the emotional aspect requires money also to resolve,by going to bars having some fun and everything that luxurious to them
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:02:52 AM

I think this is true in some cases because as far as i know, people would like to work to have money to buy the basic needs of a human being (Clothing, shelter, and food). Since everything is bought through the use of money, then it is just the same that some people are motivated by money to buy everything they want.

patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:05:19 AM

Not everyone is motivated by money. I mean slot of people have lived their lives without the thought of money simply because they're not exposed to it. Others simply wants to perfect their chosen craft. Capitalism or no, people will work their ass off not just for money but for something bigger than themselves.

Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:11:32 AM

This is a divided stand. On a normal situation when people may not need money, everything doesn't have to priced. On the other hand it would be easy to do things with money. This idea can be proven by events happening in the real world. Look at how corruption becomes an almost fulltime job for the corrupt officials.  This is just a clear proof that money is a motivation.

So true. The reason why there are almost all people who do work is because they need money. Or all people works because they need money, therefore money is a motivation that leads everyone to do work. In this world, money is the key for everything so it is a primary needs for everyone. In connection to the cryptocurrency, people tends to engaged with this because of the possibility of earning huge amount of money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: