Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30809 times)
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:49:04 PM

I am really torn in two with the issue of regulation.

You see, cryptocurrency was designed to operate under no central authority. And that's what makes it great. Cryptocurrency being decentralized is the reason why crypto is permissionless with no one forcing you to use it nor anyone stopping you from utilizing it. With no central authority, our transactions are transparent. And yes, our choice of pseudonymity became a reality.

But should regulation takes effect, we are bound to lose the wonders of cryptocurrency as a whole.  Unfortunately, it seems the only way for crypto to flourish even further is government backing of which, i believe, can only be achieved with regulation.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

I do not see crypto regulation as a bad thing. For me, it is a welcome development because regulation will surely limit scam in the crypto world. There are lot of scam ICOs and I think if ICOs are regulated, we will surely be free from scam.
We all wanted that we can just mind those projects that will fail most of the projects are no excuse to that part they have the chance to flop as others did from the past the only thing about regulation is the Government of a specific country that will be imposing regulation to crypto we can't deny they have different perception towards it as some of them will hate it and some of them will welcome it with an open arms.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:58:32 PM

there is no problem for me that rule but what we all want is a rule that does not limit our freedom in crypto but that regulation can protect us from something that is harmful to users like a scam
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

I agree with the view that regulation will bring positive results and that market health can improve but this in the same proportion can bring negative results. Not being pessimistic but the current market is the result of all structure and initiation ie without regulation and unfortunately or fortunately the emotion of cryptocurrency is in the market without regulation.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:01:55 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

If you had asked people few years ago their opinion would be completely opposite of what you're seeing in this thread and it's understandable. I think regulation can help more people get involved in crypto and overall it will be extremely helpful in wider adoption.

Yes. Before we could see that it will be difficult to pull people from doing it. Beta users are not even opening conversations like this before.

But I am still against this regulation.
It is actually not part of what satoshi is aiming for.
But if it is the people's vote then I guess I will just have to go with it. Let us say I am still at the neutral part.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

Depends on the kind of regulation you want? Do you prefer Regulation by opaque, slow and corrupt systems or regulations by transparent, fast and honest system?  I choose the latter.
Fiat belongs to the  former which is controlled by government while Cryptocurrency belongs to the latter which is Blockchain sustained.
abstmain

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:02:18 PM

if cryptocurrency gets regulated by a single entity, will not it lose the purpose of being decentralized? I think cryptocurrency should not be regulated. Regulation will take us in the same era we are in now with the traditional currency which I personally really hate the most.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

YOU ARE ALL SOOOOOOOO WRONG......

to make it simple: does governments and banks want crypto with them YES or NO.

If the answer is NO, there is no point in expecting governments to legislate laws and taxes to benefit this market, which will lead them to a huge collapse that is happening at the moment.

If you say YES, that you think crypto will not affect governments and banks in the way they get money from users and enterprises, so you are terribly wrong.

Crypto will die, BECAUSE GOVERNMENTS WILL MAKE IT DIE.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:49:46 PM

Everything that happens around the ICO, attracts a large number of scammers. Of course, some kind of reasonable regulation by the relevant authorities is necessary, but this should be all within reasonable limits, so as not to scare away normal investors.
ivanklich

Activity: 199

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:16:25 PM

Regulation is already taking place, albeit on a small scale. Regulation can greatly affect the price of cryptocurrencies, hence manipulation can occur. Also, the very idea of cryptocurrencies does not include regulation. But I agree that it is necessary to regulate ICOs, because a lot of people have lost their money because of scams.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Crypto Lady

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:17:34 PM

I think that it is impossible to regulate crypto currency. Perhaps it will destroy it, because the crypto currency was created in order to avoid centralization.

mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:52:46 PM

I agree that bitcoin or other kind of cryptocurrency should be regulated. Regulation doesn't mean that we have to give up our freedom, but instead, rules protect us from scam stuff like that. 

So what you say is that decentralized systems should be centralized?
Why are you in crypto?
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:00:57 PM

Regulation of cryptocurrencies is necessary thing and nothing could cancel it. No matter is it good for coin holders or bad. Unregulated market will just bring the chaos and no one government could allow it.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

It could either be good or bad. I think it's good since with government regulation, the chances of people scamming and getting scammed in cryptocurrency will be lesser since cryptocurrency will be bound by law. However, the other bad thing about it is that it beats the purpose of cryptocurrency which is decentralization.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:20:39 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Well, I strongly agree with you. If we really have a long-term plan for Cryptocurrency, then we need to be regulated. Yes, it can impose taxes on everything we do and there will be restrictions that will hinder us to do such things. But on the contrary, these laws will also protect us and will give us more security especially to those scammers who hide from their unknown identity. The most important thing about Blockchain is that it is more transparent and corruption will be more evident if they will do it.  
Louis21
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

Regulation is not bad, it is good and it will surely protect our interests in the industry. With regulation, masses and institutional investors will have more trust in crypto and this will bring more money to the industry.

Serenus

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:33:33 PM

I think it's rather good than bad. This will give a solid status to this industry, many large investors will come, crypto-currencies will be more actively introduced as a means of payment.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒    SkyWay    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
$1BN USD INVESTMENT ROUND OPENS 10th JULY, 2017      |      NEW GENERATION OF WORLD TRANSPORT SYSTEM
>                                  WHITEPAPER | BUSINESS PLAN | BITCOINTALK | SLACK | TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK                                  <
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:41:05 PM

On the one hand one could say that regulations means less freedom....
But on the other no regulations connected with high level of anonimity pushes cryptocurrency to the DARK SIDE - just into hands of cryptocriminals...

This is great article relevant to this topic: https://cointelegraph.com/news/it-analyst-jason-bloomberg-what-im-really-saying-is-shut-down-permissionless-blockchains

After reading it I became a strong fan of adding some regulations to the crypto world...

Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:27:52 AM

Personally, I wouldn't wanna agree less that regulations in crypto will go a very long way in helping our course. If some regulations should come in place now; I.e ICO, believe me, people will feel very much secure to invest without having to bother with ending up in scam or crappy project. Regulations will also go a long way in giving credibility to this innovation. In short, opening more grounds, regions for mass adoption as earlier stated.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:31:38 AM

Sorry, but i don`t think that because one of the things i love the most from crypto is the fact that it isn`t regulated! I think that i`m not the only one!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: