Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30804 times)
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 01:53:44 AM

I agree with that, I think now Bitcoin and Ethereum price also doing high quality as well. But this is right this days not for altcoins and many time to far goes to down. In fact regulations will be good effect for the crypto market also.
of course there will be positive and negative impacts later. it all depends on several parties. for clear markets this will be better because investment will be better maintained by existing regulations. the market can grow well, or maybe there will only be projects that actually pass the stipulated regulations.

Government regulations provide legal certainty to investors that the cryptocurrency market is legit investment. I think there are many positive aspects of government regulation, besides providing legal certainty, new investors will come to invest and market confidence will increase

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 04:08:56 PM

Regulation is like a two edged sword, it is both good and bad, good in the sense that it will ensure that the usage of crypto for illegal activities but it is bad because regulation threatens the very fundamentals of decentralisation which is privacy.

jonhn772

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 04:27:27 PM

If Bitcoin and others cryptocurrency get regulated in every countries then it will be very good for us. Cause more and more investors will come into crypto world and more people will join with cryptocurrencies.   

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 04:31:17 PM

every regulation is always bad, because implies taxes, laws, legislations. Crypto will never see times like 2017 ever again.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:02:56 PM

The purpose of making regulations or rules is to control things with certain restrictions.. so in my opinion Regulation is very good for a business especially cryptocurrencies, given regulation = acknowledged and legalized its existence.

Rikotin

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:15:01 PM

I already think this is the best a idea. Scammers have become impudent. Regulated projects will improve the cryptocurrency world. I think it's time to end the scams...
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:44:42 PM

It's depends upon how regulations will be implemented. But for now I think regulations are kind of needed. Cause in this ecosystem there is a lots of scammers and many bad peoples are working. And for that we need some regulations and after regulations it's easy for the whole technology to be accepted by many general people who are not into crypto currency. But also regulation has its own negative points and most important one for me is it breaks the basic rules of crypto and it's privacy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 09:44:46 PM

This regulations only bring trust, that could be made by your research. Only for trust this regulations in cryptocurrency not good albeit new country could support.
If crypto currency is regulated its main advantage of being decentralized will be abolish, let's say that it can build trust for every investors but still we can't deny the fact that regulation may only interfer every transaction that we will do and they can take a portion of our money for the tax. Therefore for me I don't have to prefer regulations in crypto currency.

Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 10:37:31 PM

Regulation can be good or bad depending on how you view it or understand it. Personally I consider regulation to be a good thing for the crypto industry especially ICOs. Most ICO project ends as scam and this is preventing real investors off late to even invest their money into ICO project which could have been helpful for the industry. Regulation will help do away with scam ICOs which makes it good.

robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:08:26 PM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
I hope your rules will help us get rid of the scam. Avoid scam ICOs, ghost projects are not real.
Hopefully the rules are only moderate so that crypto can be developed, and don't make it look like paper money.
In my country, the government doesn't like crypto because it collapses the banking industry. I hope to have a reasonable rule set to validate crypto across the country.
ChaoChibai

Activity: 588

-ethernity cloud-

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:19:38 PM

Regulation is necessary in crypto industry, the regulation will build trust and cryptocurrency will be well organized. Also i dont think with regulation we have to declare our portfolio, that’s not gonna be happened.

xamxam

Activity: 409

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 12:43:29 AM

I think yes, with this system the risk will be lesser and the community investors will feel comfortable with it.
But since that most of the crypto's are decentralized and the implementation of regulations was based centralize system,
they are differ to one another. Because as you can see most of the exchange that are on top are all under by regulations and
the decentralized exchange are belong on top 10, so this is how it goes happened now.
Broiler78
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 01:25:31 AM

I think all regulations will lead us to better things and of course will improve service and use, making it easier for many people to join. there is no bad regulation except that there must be a better change and keep up with the times.

✦✦✦✦ Refine Medium
✦✦✦✦
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ BUY TOKEN !!! Join ICO
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
✓ ──────── Whitepaper
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Linkedin ──────── ✓
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 02:20:44 AM

Regulation can be good or bad depending on how you view it or understand it. Personally I consider regulation to be a good thing for the crypto industry especially ICOs. Most ICO project ends as scam and this is preventing real investors off late to even invest their money into ICO project which could have been helpful for the industry. Regulation will help do away with scam ICOs which makes it good.
I am agree your statement are good regulation for ICO's, goverment have control to regulated all about crypto market. I hope so Regulator become to crypto wolrd and make regulation for control product marketing as new coin. So at this point, regulator only control  investor going not to scaming by developer.
I have affraid goverment will control price at market and become centralization crypto.
adibi12

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:41:11 AM

regulation is important for every industry including Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, which if it is implemented it can protect from various things such as fraud, money laundering and including the comfort of investors in investing, this will also strengthen a rule that will be born to in anticipation of an ICO scam.

silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:45:38 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
When the government joins the crypto market to protect people, we all must publicly disclose the number of assets in the wallet so that they can control and implement KYC to certify that you are the owner of that coin. .
A lot of things will happen because they need to collect your information in order to protect you.
But besides, they will also help the market become safer than ever, whales cannot be free to manipulate prices anymore.
Advantages: Phishing projects will disappear a lot and manipulation will no longer exist, potential projects will be lived.
Disadvantages: we will have to pay taxes at the level required by the government (maybe higher than usual because this is a new industry)

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:51:58 PM

Actually regulation, it is very good.  My opinion is that with this system there will be less fraudulent projects.  The only minus in all this is that the project itself has exhausted all possibilities or does it on purpose and becomes bankrupt.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Baihaki Khaizan

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 10:38:26 PM

I think it's time to draft a regulation in order to avoid cheating which is certainly a lot of parties and I'm sure the government's intention is to prevent criminal acts and of course I strongly support that.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 11:57:37 PM

True, regulation will have both sides, good and the bad one. Btw, it can not be avoided when the regulation will become a necessity to protect many people and we have to prepare to accept it no matter whether it is good or bad.

HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 01:51:08 AM

I think it's time to draft a regulation in order to avoid cheating which is certainly a lot of parties and I'm sure the government's intention is to prevent criminal acts and of course I strongly support that.
not just to anticipate crime. clear regulations for the government's real support for crypto. This is good for investment, whatever aspects are required by the government, this regulation is important for crypto.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: