Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is regulation good or bad?  (Read 30804 times)
ModanaLee

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:49:02 AM

Absolutely, regulations would be good in crypto to at least curb those scam projects. So many faceless projects launching with scam intents. Where there is regulations, these would be reduced!
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 07:52:54 AM

Regulation is good as long as the cryptocurrency users are not needlessly harassed. There are some countries which want the cryptocurrency users to give details of all the transactions they made in the tax returns. Can you imagine how much paper work and effort will be needed for that, if some cryptocurrency trader files his tax return?

The authorities should treat crypto just like any other asset. They should not demonize it. 
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 08:45:55 AM

Regulation is good as long as the cryptocurrency users are not needlessly harassed. There are some countries which want the cryptocurrency users to give details of all the transactions they made in the tax returns. Can you imagine how much paper work and effort will be needed for that, if some cryptocurrency trader files his tax return?

The authorities should treat crypto just like any other asset. They should not demonize it. 

I agree with you. Largely, cryptocurrency enthusiasts will not want a regulation that will take away freedom and stiffle decentralization as well as tamper with security but a regulation that will tackle fruad and money laundering. How these will be achieved, the technicalities involved are probably what the world major crypto players are working out on

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 09:41:06 AM

From my point of view, regulation can help the crypto-currency world to start a completely new frontier in its development, but the only other thing is that crypto-currencies today have very great opportunities in anonymity, but this problem will soon be resolved.
Crypto is not as anonymous as you think, you can be tracked down if you are involved in any criminal activity.
So, don't see Crypto as a place of hide if you are a wanted person   Grin

with all your respect mate, how is that possible that a bad person can be track down? Can you give a details of how to catch them?
Through the exchange where the fund is being transfer especially if the exchange was a centralize platform? what if the platform
exchange is decentralized are they gonna tract them still?
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 06:15:59 PM

It's good and bad at the same time
-good: it bring cryptocurrency nearer to daily life, people using, buy, sell it would be protected
-bad: it's harder for good idea to be applied.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 11:06:28 PM

Remember one thing. The only thing that regulators regulate is people. It might look like they are regulating all kinds of stuff. But they are really only regulating people. Their regulation might cause you to win for a while, but in the long run it takes away your freedom.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tiCeR

Activity: 1736
Merit: 750

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:57:41 AM

I didn't know there is either or when it comes to regulation? It can be both. It can be good today and bad tomorrow because something has changed. It is important that regulation is also flexible to serve innovation.
Personally, I am for the regulators, because at least they will make the cryptocurrency safer and free us from fraudulent and fraudulent projects

As I said it is not either or. No regulation at all will be bad because what does that even mean? A regulatory body in the future can be very different and more democratic than those we have today. But we do need regulation for sure.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:15:33 AM

In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
In essence, this issue comes down to what goals regulators will pursue. I will not say 100% that my words are true, but in my opinion, the regulators aim to take control of everyone who at least somehow deals with cryptocurrencies. And after the control is established, they will try to earn money on those involved in cryptocurrencies (of course, all this will take place under the strict guidance of the state).
For better or worse, you decide for yourself. But in my opinion the lack of control is more fair for all market participants.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:52:59 PM

The crypto world has long been waiting for the industry to be regulated does this seem possible? Regulation on a brighter note is very good  for the industry in numerous ways but some crypto enthusiasts seem not to get it. Many investors have still not join the crypto world since its not regulated and I think with regulation which is good to me, it will allow more investors to join the industry with no fears.

Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 02:52:52 AM

I agree with you. Largely, cryptocurrency enthusiasts will not want a regulation that will take away freedom and stiffle decentralization as well as tamper with security but a regulation that will tackle fruad and money laundering. How these will be achieved, the technicalities involved are probably what the world major crypto players are working out on

With regulations, investors will come who have large funds. In addition, regulations will make it difficult for scammers to carry out their actions because they are dealing with the law. I think regulation is good for a healthier market, without regulation, in my opinion the cryptocurrency market will stagnate

Nurma.A

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 05:08:06 AM

I agree if regulations exist to regulate ICO or IEO. There are regulations to reduce the level of money theft and so on. It is possible that with the regulation, ICO is in demand by investors again.

joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:25:20 AM

Regulation is good to keep projects and fraudulent activities under check. Regulation will stabilized market volatility, pumps and dumps will be reduced to the barest minimum.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 07:23:49 PM

I think regulations will have it's advantages and disadvantages. The advantages would be that it would help curb the illegal activities taking place in crypto space
And the disadvantages is that crypto won't be fully decentralized again.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:14:10 PM

Any regulation contradicts the canons of cryptocurrency. Therefore, it is bad, but if you look at the other side, who should act as a guarantor for investors. At least some project with a similar smart contract.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 07:30:25 PM

At the moment, due to so many scams everywhere in the Cryptoworld, I think regulations will be good thing.
But the actual be impact can only be known when it will be applied.

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 07:44:00 PM

Many people are afraid that regulation will kill the idea of decentralisation on which cryptocurrency is founded. But I believe cryptocurrency will have to allow some form of regulation if it really wants to grow and gain massive adoption over time

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 08:18:50 PM

There is an opinion that regulation can deprive a person of complete freedom. But if you ask each of us - do you have complete freedom today? So then what can they take from us?
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 02:39:53 PM

It's good and bad at the same time
-good: it bring cryptocurrency nearer to daily life, people using, buy, sell it would be protected
-bad: it's harder for good idea to be applied.
other than that there are other adverse effects that there will be a tax application on each transaction so that not only the transaction costs that we have to pay
for new users it might not be a problem but for arbit traders it will be a problem
in my opinion crypto might be like a bank if regulations are reached

No One

Activity: 417

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 02:53:06 PM

For me, regulations are good for the entire crypto space. Although regulations may affect the market in a short term, it will do good in the long run. Regulations will help control scams and illegal activities from the market.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
strunberg

Activity: 1330
Merit: 327

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 03:26:58 PM

For me, regulations are good for the entire crypto space. Although regulations may affect the market in a short term, it will do good in the long run. Regulations will help control scams and illegal activities from the market.
regulation will help investors feel comfort with their investment.they have certainity about their money, and didn't worry anymore about crypto banning in any countries.trading activity will more secure, fake developers team or maybe hackers could be reduced by its regulation.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: