Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see  (Read 1589 times)
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:13:39 AM

But have you ever considered the fact that what if government never ever let us do the mass adoption it? It is decentralised currency and it wont be interfered but have you considered that it can be masked with stringent rules and regulations of the government itself? What we will do at that time and how do you think that decentralisation power can come up with some good infrastructure to sever the peer to peer transactions. I understand one thing very well, if you ever want to stat a exchange, lets say peer to peer platform then surely you will need a company or organisation to be set out in the real world and guess what you need to be registered under government. These are the weak links which can be caught by government easily if they ever want you to shut down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timothy Taylor

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:26:34 PM

I think because Bitcoin now has no taxes and governments can not make profits from Bitcoin, governments want to stop it. But the adoption procedure is gradual, we might not hurry to conflict with governments. Therefore, in the near future, Bitcoin need to had taxes for governments in order to exist in the cryptocurrency world.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:43:23 PM

i think the adoption is gradual process, even if government  try to ban it.. is just for a few countries because my country uses bitcoin for transactions mostly restaurant over here are accepting bitcoin.
many countries oppose the existence of cryptocurrencies to develop by reason of the government itself and if we look at many developed countries that use cryptocurrencies also cryptocurrencies will be accepted worldwide
yigga

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

Not all government stop bitcoin. Most developing country have some regulation but not that all and they can't stop. BTC is decentralized blockchain and no one can track there info.  Hopefully most of country have some limitation but it will not effect more  Smiley
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:55:39 PM

Well, its not a surprise after all. We all knew that sone countries banned bitcoin because they think bitcoin is a threat to their economy. They also think bitcoin us the one who supported the crimes and terrorist. So that is why some countries banned bitcoin. Might be they ate trying to beat bitcoin and put it down. The good thing is that there are also countries taht opened minded and they think bitcoin help the community as well as the progress of the economy.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:59:18 PM

Here is what I see each time the government tries to stop or control bitcoin-

Bitcoin is designed to be censorship resistant, peer-to-peer payment system designed to remove the control by centralized institutions like banks . When bitcoin eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their countries.

The government trying to stop the bitcoin because they are afraid to become under by the bitcoin. They know that the bitcoin can control then that's why they are against in bitcoin. They want to become safe that is the reason why the government trying to stop bitcoin.
Shresherya

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

There are a number of governments trying to stop the BTC because they always think the BTC is bad, BTC is the money to support the terrorists, but the BTC has many positive aspects if applied to them. live will be ok
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:06:30 PM

Some of country's might look bitcoin as a big threat to their economy and some might see bitcoin as a coin that being used for terrorism and money laundring cause we all know bitcoin are anonymous. Hard to track and very easy to use worldwide.  But this never can stop bitcoin from growing cause the community still trust on bitcoin.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

The government can easily implement a ban on bitcoin in its country, but if it is to stop bitcoin, the government will have difficulties due to decentralized bitcoin. Bitcoin has become a huge community and it will keep bitcoin alive even though so many of them fight bitcoin.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:24:34 PM

I still don't think the government will be able to stop bitcoin. It develops outside the state framework, and people use it, so it will be very difficult to ban it completely.

Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:44:08 PM

One major challenge that bitcoin has always experience is the regulatory challenge, and because of its decentralized nature, the government has been trying every means to put a stop to its usage. Even if there were to be a mass adoption by individuals, it still would not be able to frustrate the Government's effort, because in a country, the governments are still dictators on what happens.

KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

Government did not start this recently but from the beginning government sectors are against bitcoin as most investors choose crypto currency but not the banking system as the profits are higher comparing to bankers low interest so it is expected sign for all the crypto users in the economy.
barabarian1

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:46:01 PM

yes, I think when finally bitcoin has reached mass adoption. I don't think that will cause problems for the country itself. I think adoption can benefit the government, because the government can take taxes from a transaction. and I think if bitcoin has reached mass adoption, then the existence of banks will be increasingly disturbed, because in my opinion people would prefer to transact using cryptocurrency. because bitcoin is peer to peer and more efficient, unlike banks.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:05:19 AM

I think it's very difficult if the government wants to stop bitcoin or other crypto, because we know that crypto is decentralized, but I still believe that crypto will always develop in the future.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:34:54 AM

I think it's very difficult if the government wants to stop bitcoin or other crypto, because we know that crypto is decentralized, but I still believe that crypto will always develop in the future.

Difficult? It is close to impossible. Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency and it will stay decentralized since the government will never be able to control or take over it.

Also, the fact that some of the government are not noticing the improvement of Bitcoin through time since it is alive for some years now and thry are not making any movements about it. They are not stopping it because if they do, Bitcoin is long banned now in a lot of countries and not being legalized by them.
Snyderfx2

Activity: 351

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:12:32 PM

Most governments still haven't decide what they are going to do with bitcoin according to my understanding because if they have already we could see more actions but still majority has no idea how to deal with this new concept. Today when some governments ban and trying to restrict bitcoin few keep an open mind and allow there citizens to use bitcoin so there are both negative and positive and I think until bitcoin won't become a major threat to countries and there economical systems most of them will allow bitcoin to continue without any barriers

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
devinks

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:51:06 PM

I believe the government would rather just tax crypto at this point instead of outright banning it. The crypto markets have created a lot of new wealth and it will help stimulate the economy.
yes you are right, but it is very difficult to convince the government to legalize crypto because they fear there will be a lot of fraud and crime. the government prefers fiat currency because it is made in the original state, real and legitimate as a means of payment and transactions every day.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:06:38 PM

Most of Governments are against Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. They are trying to stop or ban Bitcoin trade or transactions. This is not a matter but i think it can leads to us the backword or 100 years ago by refusing such advanced technologies.
satria2

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:37:31 PM

Most of Governments are against Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. They are trying to stop or ban Bitcoin trade or transactions. This is not a matter but i think it can leads to us the backword or 100 years ago by refusing such advanced technologies.

The government cannot stop a technology that will grow every year so Bitcoin will be stronger and cannot be stopped by anyone and at any time until people don't use it anymore.
mlsbd

Activity: 516

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

The government doesn't have the power to try and stop it and trying to fail will not make any success. Blockchain technology is very stronger anyone can't destroyed it. Because it is controlled by automated programming system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: