Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see  (Read 1589 times)
StImelda (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:23:33 AM

Here is what I see each time the government tries to stop or control bitcoin-

https://i.imgur.com/rFzTXc3.jpg

Bitcoin is designed to be censorship resistant, peer-to-peer payment system designed to remove the control by centralized institutions like banks . When bitcoin eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AAKODI

Activity: 205
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:41:45 AM

Here is what I see each time the government tries to stop or control bitcoin-

Bitcoin is designed to be censorship resistant, peer-to-peer payment system designed to remove the control by centralized institutions like banks . When bitcoin eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their countries.

That is not a surprise and they are trying to do that through media and many sources most of the time but what they haven't understand that how can they control a decentralized currency. Because if they wants to stop a fiat currency or a social media site they can just take down there system through politics or lows but for bitcoin the core network is not centralized to any organization or a group of people so they can make bitcoin holders to fear and sell there assets or make some local restrictions but other than that nothing can be done until we have faith in it and that is the most important fact that can decide the bitcoins future

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
bratuha

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

BRINGING MAGIC

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:07:53 PM

I belive that bitcoin go to up off his knees and raising over Fiat money
StImelda (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:10:01 PM

I belive that bitcoin go to up off his knees and raising over Fiat money
It will eventually, it will only take time.Adoption is a slow process
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:29:52 PM

If even goverments want to stop Bitcoin, then they get it badly. States recognize Bitcoin and this is of great importance. I think in the future goverments will use Bitcoin.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:17:29 PM

It's true that majority of the governments can't control bitcoin or any other cryptos at its raw nature. But on the other hand they have few more mechanisms in place to take the entire game to a different playing field.

To stop such an advanced technology, they can resort to primitive techniques like regulatory interrogation.

Lets assume, you earn 60k USD from your day job. You have also earned 20k USD from bitcoins or any other crytpo related method. Now while filing your tax information, you have shown the entire 80k income in your tax sheet. The tax authority can immediately pitch in to know from where that extra 20k came from. If you don't have a convincing reason, you will land in trouble.

I am sure majority of the governments will resort to such techniques once they will understand that cryptos can't be stopped technically.

AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:49:50 PM

Yes they want to stop or  bitcoin but i doubt that they stop this because bitcoin now was now world wide currency that easy to use for any transaction and if they want to manipulate bitcoin they cant because bitcoin is not part of government property so that no one can stop spreading news regarding bitcoin.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:59:09 PM

The problem is if the user keeps queue on the gate lines. Currently, there are some people that giving away their identity to just use cryptocurrencies it is ironic if we know decentralized is the nature of it. Some people are blindly giving their personal identity without worrying about anything, it makes no difference to a fiat system that usually being used.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:08:18 PM

i think the adoption is gradual process, even if government  try to ban it.. is just for a few countries because my country uses bitcoin for transactions mostly restaurant over here are accepting bitcoin.
G4t1s

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:09:24 PM

clearly their effort is appreciated  Grin
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:09:47 PM

The government is always against anything they will not have some benefits from. Moreover, looking at bitcoin and the blockchain technology, people into bitcoin will not save all their money in the bank and the government gain some kinda benefits from banks, they will try to stop anything that will prevent people from invest in banks.
suprex333

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

That's what happens, where competition is getting tighter and bitcoin has good power for its development. It is as if the development of bitcoin threatens the country's finances and is afraid of negative forms such as smuggling and laundering.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Mrengage

Merit: 12

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:42:02 PM

If even goverments want to stop Bitcoin, then they get it badly. States recognize Bitcoin and this is of great importance. I think in the future goverments will use Bitcoin.

I keep saying I compare this bitcoin as another money system just like our secondary school knowledge on money like trade by batter, etc

AM optimistic it will be adopted and its gonna be soon

──────[ GlobeDex ]──────
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine | Affiliate Program | Proof of Authority ]───────────
─────────────[  TWITTER]TRADE NOWTELEGRAM   ]─────────────
Mrengage

Merit: 12

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:43:15 PM

Creating bitcoin to me is selflessness, a decentralized platform is the joker behind it so it has to stay

──────[ GlobeDex ]──────
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine | Affiliate Program | Proof of Authority ]───────────
─────────────[  TWITTER]TRADE NOWTELEGRAM   ]─────────────
room237

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:42:55 AM

As long as you never let them put your wallet address together with your name through any KYC type of bullshit then Bitcoin will always remain free.  The second we give up and let them identify us the crypto will be used as a weapon against us.  It all comes down to if we fight KYC.  This means your  going to have to be a big boy and be responsible for your own security and you are also responsible from protecting yourself from hackers.  Can't go crying to the government to save you.  Are you sure you want to be free? 
Dinuka Sampath

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

I think this is not a good thing. The day to day technology, like a Bitcoin currency, is a vital part of money. It also makes far transactions easy. However, I think people who prefer Bitcoin will be opposed to banning Bitcoin.
lee cooper

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:58:41 AM

A government that tries to stop bitcoin is a negative thing that will emerge, everything feels stiff and limits the development of bitcoin and the global market.
How wise the government will legalize bitcoin, which certainly brings good luck. Every day development always increases and develops well, so don't let this government stop bitcoin.
Wonderced

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:01:24 AM

Government they trying to stop because is it illegal at the same time many people they have an doing bitcoin as currency of money, people is not harmful what they know doing.
LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:40:12 AM

Yes you are right that when Bitcoin will eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their country .The main reason for any country for not allowing the use of Bitcoin is the fact that it is not under the control of any government. So in order to stop or we can say to prevent it's misuse they will simply ban it.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
geminiboy

Activity: 574

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:48:54 AM

A government that tries to stop bitcoin is a negative thing that will emerge, everything feels stiff and limits the development of bitcoin and the global market.
How wise the government will legalize bitcoin, which certainly brings good luck. Every day development always increases and develops well, so don't let this government stop bitcoin.
bitcoin in every country only threatens the banking system instead of threatening the country itself, all banks are disturbed by the emergence of bitcoin as a more sophisticated transaction system than banks in general, one reason for sure they lost many bank customers, bitcoin users only use banks as streams funds for disbursement into fiat money that will be used directly not to save in the bank, sorry that is only my opinion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: