Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77422 times)
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

He's been in the US since he was 10; I'm sure he speaks and writes in perfect "American English."
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:56:42 PM

I find it  strange that a person wich such deep and broad interests is just found on google for fire guns, trains and stupid things on Amazon. Also his english i not good, i don't know how he used to write here on the board(what was his username?) and other non formal means. But the articles could not be writen by him, excepet if someone else was reviewing the text.

satoshi, also his English in his posts is excellent.
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:56:51 PM

Come on guys. This thread + news article are broscience at best.

Everybody knows the true Satoshi is really Gym Carrey

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

Sounds like this reporter is hell bent on making her career ("the reporter that discovered Satoshi") at all costs.

Exactly correct.   Super foul that she posted his personal details and picture...  Regardless of if there is truth to it, it would not be surprising if he is held for ransom or something atrocious like that...
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:59:23 PM

I find it  strange that a person wich such deep and broad interests is just found on google for fire guns, trains and stupid things on Amazon. Also his english i not good, i don't know how he used to write here on the board(what was his username?) and other non formal means. But the articles could not be writen by him, excepet if someone else was reviewing the text.

Just looked at it. judging by his posts here i would say that he is not  Dorian . His texts on Amazon and the fire gun blog is horrible, while here on the board it is perfect and very focused.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:59:56 PM

Did they get permission to reveal personal information??? Why...Dorian..

His family doesn't like him and they need money  Bad.

They find out he has millions of dollars.  Instantly they're offended, probably angry.

Brother calls him an asshole.

Idiot journalist shows up with $$$$$ in hand and they spilled the beans.

Thats how permission was given to reveal his personal information.

Family members.

Moral of the story - i guess - dont piss off your brother.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
bassclef

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:02:53 PM

I find it  strange that a person wich such deep and broad interests is just found on google for fire guns, trains and stupid things on Amazon. Also his english i not good, i don't know how he used to write here on the board(what was his username?) and other non formal means. But the articles could not be writen by him, excepet if someone else was reviewing the text.

It is flawless. Only a native speaker or someone who learned and spoke the language as a child would have English that perfect.
BittBurger

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

I think she's just incredibly naive. I suspect she has no idea the can of worms she has opened with this about Nakamoto.

That's why I just tweeted this to her, verbatim:

@truth_eater Leah: you clearly don't realize the future ramifications of what he has built. And why his anonymity matters so much. #bitcoin

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
bananas

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:09:41 PM

I think she's just incredibly naive. I suspect she has no idea the can of worms she has opened with this about Nakamoto.

That's why I just tweeted this to her, verbatim:

@truth_eater Leah: you clearly don't realize the future ramifications of what he has built. And why his anonymity matters so much. #bitcoin

Be it true or not, this guy just went to hell: right now his house is probably surrounded by reporters. Criminals are planning how to invade his house or kidnap him.
GCoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:10:26 PM

If this is not the guy then maybe the real Satoshi will came out of his cave just to save him. Maybe that's the whole master plan..
Exactly.

Hope the real Satoshi can somehow just get some funds anonymously to the family, for security protection.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Reading the Newsweek article now, having found it prior to coming here.

Had to stop to inject a quote in some main thread on the subject, and I guess it's this thread.

Holding the keys has also made early comers to Bitcoin wealthy beyond measure. "I made a small investment in Bitcoin and it is actually enough that I could now retire if I wanted to," Andresen says. "Overall, I've made about $800 per penny I've invested. It's insane."

I haven't taken the time to find the post where Gavin stated that his holdings were not that strong. Perhaps, somebody could dig it up, if it hasn't been done yet, while I finish reading the article.

Taxing my memory, I believe the timeframe was during the discussion on justifying the TBF to pay Gavin a wage.
snaxion

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:15:07 PM

If satoshi's coins move, bricks shall be shat.
kthejung

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

I find it  strange that a person wich such deep and broad interests is just found on google for fire guns, trains and stupid things on Amazon. Also his english i not good, i don't know how he used to write here on the board(what was his username?) and other non formal means. But the articles could not be writen by him, excepet if someone else was reviewing the text.

It is flawless. Only a native speaker or someone who learned and spoke the language as a child would have English that perfect.

Correction:  Only a native speaker or someone who have learned and spoken the language as a child would have spoken or written English that well.

By the way, the written form of English can be mastered in a few years for a person of average intelligence.  Speaking a language in native tongue is a feat more common in earlier adopters of the language, usually before 12 years of age.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:21:15 PM

Sounds like this reporter is hell bent on making her career ("the reporter that discovered Satoshi") at all costs.

Exactly correct.   Super foul that she posted his personal details and picture...  Regardless of if there is truth to it, it would not be surprising if he is held for ransom or something atrocious like that...

This reporter & newsweek seem like scum... to put up this mans house, address, and almost an exact location (it might take 10 minutes, but most will be able to find his house) and then to state he could be sitting on $400 million. Disgusting.

I am certain she would not like her address posted on that article right now, and she's worth no where near $400 million... but its the only fair thing to do at this point.  Roll Eyes

I'm probably way off, but for some reason my gut feeling is that this might actually be Satoshi... if he is actually as smart as she makes him out to be. Oddly enough, this is actually the type of person I had hoped Satoshi would end up being, but there would be no way of telling without him proving it or maybe meeting him in person and being able to communicate to him (which sounds impossible).

I guess there is a chance the reporter discovered it really wasn't Satoshi after her investigation (which I can only assume took a good amount of time) and decided to just destroy the guy that led her on?

In any case, BTC will survive.

Omega0255

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

If satoshi's coins move, bricks shall be shat.

If the mention of finding him is able to drop the price of Bitcoin by $50, imagine what would happen if news breaks that the initial Million coins started to move.  Shocked
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:22:36 PM

shes replying stuff on her twitter

https://twitter.com/truth_eater

i think the worse part of this, apart from his own safety, is how distracted he would be now and difficult or impossible it would be for him to contribute in any way, and to live his life, of course.
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:24:38 PM

Funny thing is, if that's him, He looks also exactly how I pictured him!
bananas

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:25:41 PM

that's an easy one, all japanese look the same
Omega0255

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:26:27 PM

Not the japanese part. The paranoid personality that drove someone to create Bitcoin.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:26:40 PM

Real Name says: "Is that tin where you keep the bitcoin key?"

Internet field day in 3.....2....1!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3U92F9YRUSF37/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00196P9PA

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: