Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77422 times)
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:19:14 PM

I hope that when DSN is awarded his $150,000,000 settlement from Newsweak, and while all of the cameras are on him in court, the real SN posts an lol thread to this board  Grin
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

Whether it's him or not, she got what she wanted: attention.  The whole internet is buzzing with her name and Newsweek tied to Satoshi and bitcoin.  

mission accomplished for Newsweek. regardless of who gets hurt in the process.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:24:03 PM

If no one has hurt Mark Karpeles yet then Satoshi will probably be fine!  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:29:59 PM

Funny thing is, if that's him, He looks also exactly how I pictured him!

Not the japanese part. The paranoid personality that drove someone to create Bitcoin.

Paranoid? If the story is true he worked for the government, on classified stuff. He is not *paranoid*, he just knows first hand that governments commit all kinds of violence on people on a regular basis. He is just a realist, and it is pretty much everyone else who is incredibily ignorante and naive.

That said, I still have my doubts that guy is the creator of BTC. Its for sure one of the most plausible doxs attempts so far, but its far from confirmed. What do we have? A few rants and speculations from family members who in any case admit they have no clue?

Plus, his family says he would never admit it, that he is a guy with a lot of secrets... But then he uses his real name to launch BTC? Something shady is going on.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:30:16 PM

If this is not the guy then maybe the real Satoshi will came out of his cave just to save him. Maybe that's the whole master plan..

If the real Satoshi is still hiding.. Please stay hidden forever. If it is satoshi then it does not matter.
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:30:26 PM

It seems like a good time for newsweek to want publicity, I just hope it backfires.

In regards to bitcoin, I really think any press, good, bad or neutral, does nothing but generate public interest in bitcoin and moves it closer to widespread adoption.   Exposure of Dorian the alleged Satoshi as formerly working for the government may scare off tinfoil-hat anarcho-libertarian extremists, but for the general public it may increase confidence in bitcoin.   Actual confidence should only be put in the public protocol of bitcoin and in the core developers that currently develop and maintain it.
MrJoshua

Activity: 76
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

I would suggest that no one buy or subscribe to Newsweek, and cancel if you already have a membership.  

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp
SPJ Code of Ethics
Download a printable copy [http://www.spj.org/pdf/ethicscode.pdf]

Preamble
Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility. Members of the Society share a dedication to ethical behavior and adopt this code to declare the Society's principles and standards of practice.

The SPJ Code of Ethics is voluntarily embraced by thousands of journalists, regardless of place or platform, and is widely used in newsrooms and classrooms as a guide for ethical behavior. The code is intended not as a set of "rules" but as a resource for ethical decision-making. It is not — nor can it be under the First Amendment — legally enforceable.

For an expanded explanation, please follow this link.
Seek Truth and
Report It
Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.
— Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.
— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.
— Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.
— Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.
— Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary to tell a story, label it.
Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information except when traditional open methods will not yield information vital to the public. Use of such methods should be explained as part of the story
— Never plagiarize.
— Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly, even when it is unpopular to do so.
— Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values on others.
— Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.
— Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
— Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information can be equally valid.
— Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.
— Distinguish news from advertising and shun hybrids that blur the lines between the two.
— Recognize a special obligation to ensure that the public's business is conducted in the open and that government records are open to inspection.

Minimize Harm
Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect.

Journalists should:

Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.
— Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected by tragedy or grief.
Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.
Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone’s privacy.
Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.
— Be cautious about identifying juvenile suspects or victims of sex crimes.
— Be judicious about naming criminal suspects before the formal filing of charges.
— Balance a criminal suspect’s fair trial rights with the public’s right to be informed.

Act Independently
Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the public's right to know.

Journalists should:

Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
— Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility.
— Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment, and shun secondary employment, political involvement, public office and service in community organizations if they compromise journalistic integrity.
— Disclose unavoidable conflicts.
— Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable.
— Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests and resist their pressure to influence news coverage.
— Be wary of sources offering information for favors or money; avoid bidding for news.

Be Accountable
Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers and each other.

Journalists should:

— Clarify and explain news coverage and invite dialogue with the public over journalistic conduct.
— Encourage the public to voice grievances against the news media.
— Admit mistakes and correct them promptly.
— Expose unethical practices of journalists and the news media.
— Abide by the same high standards to which they hold others.

The value of bitcoins is not a theory, predictions of it's failure are what is theoretical.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

If this is the real Satoshi, he proves to be the biggest idiot on planet earth.

Since Bitcoin is one of the most significant inventions in the history of man, I highly doubt it.

Leah is a disgrace to her profession, there is no question there either... Newsweek is a disgrace to the industry for running said story in that manner.

He proves to be the biggest idiot on planet earth? LOL.

Great! Let's give him a medal.

WB got one, a man worth billions, and his home address is well-known, sans security I believe.

Who's the shop master here, who can exchange WB's face with that of Satoshi's, and do something with that orange thing, like maybe a Bitcoin logo.

PM me when it's done, and I'll toss you $10 USD via BTC. Make sure it's a descent looking job.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

I dont know about the rest of you idiots but here is what i see:

1) if thats actually Satoshi, then its even greatest news. It would shut all the dumbfcks that have been saying Bitcoin is a ponzi and the creator of Bitcoin is banking money. Look at how he lives and those fcktards should be ashamed.

2) Hes not Satoshi and the article is a hoax with a real cunt as an author. This will put the end to "the search for Satoshi" and will make the world realized it doesnt matter who Satoshi is. Mainstream media will be laughed at from now.

David M

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

I'm calling bullshit.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:42:26 PM

I would suggest that no one buy or subscribe to Newsweek, and cancel if you already have a membership.  
---snip---

And definitely do not buy any of those highly priced printed magazines that I believe are being printed this Friday.

and now she is getting her own interview!
http://www.newsweek.com/journalist-behind-bitcoin-story-speaks-out-231170

no spines.....

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:43:50 PM

If this is Satoshi Nakamoto I'll eat my hat:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3U92F9YRUSF37/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00196P9PA
Customer Review

5.0 out of 5 stars royal danish cookies tastes great, February 2, 2011
By Dorian S. Nakamoto "shaver"
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Danish Butter Cookies, 4-Pound (Grocery)
royal danish butter cookies in a big 4lb round blue tin can

it has lots of buttery taste.

the shipment went well. i've had a nice comment from
my kids. it's a perfect xmas and i would say, for
other occasions.

And this also:
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=63342&view=previous
It totally doesn't fit the profile of crypto wizard, who made something hundreds (thousands) fail to do before him. This has to be some other guy.

At least he only lives less than a mile away from the Kmart there in Temple City, CA. Almost walking distance.

after even 2 shaves, it begans to dull. i can only get about 12 - 15 shaves vs.
no name K-mart lasting 35 shaves. and i wipe any moisture off the blades for both,
the no-name brand and the merkur despite the latter reads no need.
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:51:03 PM

OMG he's my neighbor Lmmfao! This is awesome!

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:51:11 PM

What I find really interesting is that Newsweek is using this as the launch story for their return to PRINT distribution. So my first thought was, "how many consumers of print media will know or care who Satoshi is?" But then it hit me, people pickup magazines out of curiousity, it's a shot in the arm way to learn something new in a conversational writing style. So a new demographic will now be introduced to Bitcoin through this story. I'm getting more and more random questions about Bitcoin from people in the past few days, almost like the majority is starting to get curious. Anyone here is still technically the early adoptor crowd, and ultimately it was curiousity that brought us here. I've noticed Esquire is now blasting all types of posts out about Bitcoin today on Facebook, other publications are chasing this story and putting a face with BTC might not be a bad thing...

I've always looked at this like when Netflix or iTunes first came out. Early adopters loved it, and I was a late majority type with Netflix, for a while wondering why someone would bother subscribing for rentals, or using the USPS to transfer DVDs, the whole thing sounded sketchy and I had been buying DVDs for so long it didn't make sense to change. Same with music, something I consumed one way for a long time, buying physical media, that the idea of not being able to hold it seemed strange. Eventually we all came around, and most of can't remember buying a DVD or CD, more recently higher priced media like video games have shifted with many users. So something like spending, people are so darn comfortable, and anything new at first sounds weird and raises suspicion and creates skepticism. Over time, through hearing about it more, curiousity will set in, they walk by the Bitcoin ATM in Boston until one day they decide to try it out... Maybe that curiousity turns into action when they read about Satoshi in Newsweek? Maybe not. But the spending crowd is showing signs of curiousity, they don't know how to speculate, all they know how to do is spend, and they represent the largest segment out there. When they want our Bitcoins, and the supply is limited, things will start looking good for us.

I think in 6 months Mt Gox will be about as relevant as Napster, just a memory of an early system... We might very well be at a breakout stage, let's not forget the support at $600 despite all the onslaught of negative press from Mt Gox. They unmask Satoshi, even if it's not really him, and this new type of coverage helps people forget all about the past 6 weeks. Suddenly Bitcoin has a face, and it's not a rich white man in a suit, in fact it's someone closer to ourselves. He's nervous, maybe a bit anti-social, and he sees a flaw in the banking system. Overall he seems like a regular guy and not a person of 1%er breeding and pedigree with an Ivy League network or a rich uncle at the bank that hands out boardroom seats to all the nephews. This is capitalism, this is a free market system, and I think Bitcoin having a face doesn't hurt the valuation. Reason for saying that is because lots of media are making claims saying because he's not a 20 year old punk it will make BTC less "cool", and that idea is bullshit. The fact an older gent designed it makes it even cooler, IMO.

The bad thing is for Satoshi, because if he doesn't indeed want to be involved publicly now his privacy has been invaded. Or if they got the wrong guy, well yeah, there's a lot we don't know. This could be some guy who is bored and wants to just pretend to be Satoshi. Or maybe the foundation felt like the negative news was too much lately, so it was time to create a distraction or something like a human element to restore confidence. Let's not forget anyone holding has motivation to see the price go up, and it certainly looks like he is 'posing' for the picture in Newsweek.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:53:33 PM

If this is Satoshi Nakamoto I'll eat my hat:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3U92F9YRUSF37/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00196P9PA
Customer Review

5.0 out of 5 stars royal danish cookies tastes great, February 2, 2011
By Dorian S. Nakamoto "shaver"
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Danish Butter Cookies, 4-Pound (Grocery)
royal danish butter cookies in a big 4lb round blue tin can

it has lots of buttery taste.

the shipment went well. i've had a nice comment from
my kids. it's a perfect xmas and i would say, for
other occasions.

And this also:
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=63342&view=previous
It totally doesn't fit the profile of crypto wizard, who made something hundreds (thousands) fail to do before him. This has to be some other guy.

Completely different writing style here: http://media.metro.net/projects_studies/connector/images/Final_EIR/appendix_i_agency_coordination_and_public_involvement_part_20_of_23.pdf

The pieces aren't matching up.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:54:05 PM

OMG he's my neighbor Lmmfao! This is awesome!
Well you just gave away your address as well  Grin

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:54:29 PM

If this is not the guy then maybe the real Satoshi will came out of his cave just to save him. Maybe that's the whole master plan..

If the real Satoshi is still hiding.. Please stay hidden forever. If it is satoshi then it does not matter.

I agree completely.
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:57:45 PM

I think bitcoin users had the Satoshi Nakamoto character image built up in their minds too much.  People in life sometimes do larger than life things but there are NO larger than life people out there.  People create ground-breaking inventions unintentionally all the time.  Think about the guy that invented penicillin; a complete accident.  Remember, Nakamoto talked of mining in terms of CPU's, not ASICs; and therefore probably did not understand the full steam of his project.  Projects build upon other projects and people build upon other people; his work only marks the beginning point of bitcoins.

As for the reason why he has not hired security yet...  Maybe he is socially delusional, or considered such by most people.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:58:35 PM

This sucks, honestly. I was hoping it would never come to light... Unless this whole article isn't 100% factual, as others have pointed out.

The Outing of Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Is Brilliant Journalism
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:59:22 PM

I think bitcoin users had the Satoshi Nakamoto character image built up in their minds too much.  People in life sometimes do larger than life things but there are NO larger than life people out there.  People create ground-breaking inventions unintentionally all the time.  Think about the guy that invented penicillin; a complete accident.  Remember, Nakamoto talked of mining in terms of CPU's, not ASICs; and therefore probably did not understand the full steam of his project.  Projects build upon other projects and people build upon other people; his work only marks the beginning point of bitcoins.

As for the reason why he has not hired security yet...  Maybe he is socially delusional, or considered such by most people.

Satoshi also talked about GPU mining and asked the community to hold off for awhile so the project could grow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: