Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77422 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

You cannot simply throw out theories and state them as facts in an article, exposing someone and putting their life in danger.

Well, yes one can.  It is more common than not, unfortunately.  Read a few posts on this forum and you'll see what I mean.

If you are implying that that is what the reporter of this story did, I'm going to call your reading comprehension sub-standard.  She left it as a theory that Dorian S is the creator of Bitcoin and related a lot of facts as she knew them many of which bolstered the theory that he is.

This is standard investigative journalism, and I contend that she did a reasonable good job at it all things considered.  I've certainly seen much worse.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:20:01 AM

Both the OP and Dorian occasionally walk with a limp. Just saying.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:58:08 AM

Both the OP and Dorian occasionally walk with a limp. Just saying.
Or do they? http://youtu.be/rQv2-JCpKMk

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:13:38 AM

Suppose Dorian is the real Satoshi, and wants to direct attention away from himself. What will he do?

He'll post a message from a known Satoshi account, saying "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

Think about that for a while

Suppose Dorian is not the real Satoshi. The real one wants to clear his name and posts from his account 'I am not Dorian Nakamoto.'
Think of that with your under the average IQ.
Leave the old man alone, he's in enough trouble as it is.

Both variants are plausible. I believe the second one. However, I also believe aes1 IQ is above average.
You're all implying the real Satoshi is either a bad liar, stupid, or wants to be caught. Why would he behave this obvious, using his real name, denying his identity, etc? He probably just want's to clear this guy's name before some lunatic attempts to murder him.

I am implying that I believe that "real one [Satoshi] wants to clear his [Dorian's] name and posts from his account".
I am also implying that "Satoshi is either a bad liar, stupid, or wants to be caught" is possible, although I would not interpret his words this way.
Believing something does not make it true!
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:31:21 AM

This is standard investigative journalism, and I contend that she did a reasonable good job at it all things considered.  I've certainly seen much worse.

I'll agree I've seen much worse, but it looks to me as if she started out with an unswerving preconceived conviction that her theory was successful and then went out cherry-picking for "evidence" to support it, most of which is at best equivocal.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:48:04 AM

I'll agree I've seen much worse, but it looks to me as if she started out with an unswerving preconceived conviction that her theory was successful and then went out cherry-picking for "evidence" to support it, most of which is at best equivocal.

It would be silly to deny your suggestion outright.  At this point there is no way to know what either she or the editors cut out.  Maybe they will follow up since the debate seems a little more heated than they seem to have expected.  Newsweek also seems to be recently re-vamped so it's not possible to make much of past performance here.

It's probably better for everyone that there happens to be some number of questions lingering.  The stroke and potential memory loss is also convenient as even if Dorian is Satoshi and potentially has/had control of significant wealth in the form of BTC, it is damn difficult to remember various pass-phrases and such.  Especially if they've not been used for many years.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:28:09 AM

But where is that eagerness when it comes to revealing crime in the highest echelon? Compared to what's going on now, Watergate was a joke.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
DaFockBro

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:30:44 AM

If you don't like my lyrics, you can press fast forward!

Dafockbro on that new shit, broz like, "How come?"
Bros want my old shit, buy my old album
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

But where is that eagerness when it comes to revealing crime in the highest echelon?

A dog doesn't bite the hand that feeds it.

Those criminals own our "news" media and are basically just stenographers and attack dogs for it.
andyBernard

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:16:13 PM

so, he turned bitcoin over to darpa or nsa?  lol

all the bitcoin "anarchists" are secretly now funding military operation around the globe.  lol
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:39:11 PM

Just in case Satoshi = Dorian, I changed my address for donations to the more Dorian simpathetic "1train".  Grin
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

Just in case Satoshi = Dorian, I changed my address for donations to the more Dorian simpathetic "1train".  Grin

And you are accepting donations for who exactly? You or Dorian?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:32:40 PM

But where is that eagerness when it comes to revealing crime in the highest echelon? Compared to what's going on now, Watergate was a joke.

Welcome to Satoshigate.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:44:37 PM

And you are accepting donations for who exactly? You or Dorian?

I'm accepting donation from Satoshi to me. Got it?  Wink
bloodmark

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:02:43 AM

Look, he never worked for bitcom, and he never communicated with bitcoins. He wants his free lunch, so let him go with this guy. End of story.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:01:50 AM

Look, he never worked for bitcom, and he never communicated with bitcoins. He wants his free lunch, so let him go with this guy. End of story.

yea, and he also was "doing something else" when bitcoin was created in 2001?! and he was unemployed "doing nothing" in 2010
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:38:45 PM

Congratulations, Newsweek retards! May you have a painful lawsuit.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/03/dorian-nakamoto-denies-any-knowledge-of-bitcoin-or-cryptography/
Nakamoto wrote that the false report "has been the source of a great deal of confusion and stress for myself, my 93-year-old mother, my siblings, and their families... I have retained legal counsel.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:10:57 PM

So the more we as a community bother and hound him the more money he will make in the lawsuit?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:21:22 PM

So the more we as a community bother and hound him the more money he will make in the lawsuit?
If I was him, I'd sue too.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:55:46 AM

If I was him, I'd sue too.

I wonder if he will actually go forward with a lawsuit.   If he does, it will definitely be uncovered if he is actually the Satoshi Nakamoto that Newsweek claims.   It would be pretty idiotic of him to go forward with a lawsuit, if it is in fact him...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: