Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42425 times)
hobbyguy242

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

I have backup 20180914, only difference vs 20180926 is miner executable. Above 0926 is different linux distro. I might upload somewhere tomorrow if you wish, but on earlier pages was link to that if i remember

edit:
here is earlier firmware
core update = ver. 20180914 (image file)
upgrade file = ver. 20180926 (update zip from miner web)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1peQyWr55ddLdDq5jaU_jSShlEY4y_hqY

Are these for the Z1+?
hobbyguy242

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:59:52 PM

today i tried to setup two Z1s but NONE of them is hashing -.-

tried different firmwares, all the same "

no graph is loading.. "The miner may not boot"

WHY THE FCK???

pools are nicehash..anybody else had the problem?
maybe pendrives are too slow? when i write image i only get about 3-5MB/s...so quite crappy ones

im not stupid. i know how to setup asics but this piece of shit drives me crazy..so time consuming.. thanks god these are not my personal units

Maybe the USB drive.  But when I did it, I found I had to use Imageusb.exe everal times to get it to work right.  I also found I had much better success with the original firmware than the later ones...  It took the overclock setting much better for me.

I also had lots of issues with nicehash, though others don't seem to.  I had like 10-15% stale shares.

I saw a ton of discussion about overclocking these, but Im fairly new to mining. Do you know of any place that has a good tutorial or instructions on how to overclock the z1/z!+?
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

WHY THE FCK???

maybe pendrives are too slow? when i write image i only get about 3-5MB/s...so quite crappy ones

im not stupid. i know how to setup asics but this piece of shit drives me crazy..so time consuming.. thanks god these are not my personal units

Maybe the USB drive.  But when I did it, I found I had to use Imageusb.exe everal times to get it to work right.  I also found I had much better success with the original firmware than the later ones...  It took the overclock setting much better for me.

I also had lots of issues with nicehash, though others don't seem to.  I had like 10-15% stale shares.

I saw a ton of discussion about overclocking these, but Im fairly new to mining. Do you know of any place that has a good tutorial or instructions on how to overclock the z1/z!+?

Go to earlier in this thread.  You change the frequency to 1000 among other changes.
zgzg

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

I have backup 20180914, only difference vs 20180926 is miner executable. Above 0926 is different linux distro. I might upload somewhere tomorrow if you wish, but on earlier pages was link to that if i remember

edit:
here is earlier firmware
core update = ver. 20180914 (image file)
upgrade file = ver. 20180926 (update zip from miner web)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1peQyWr55ddLdDq5jaU_jSShlEY4y_hqY

Are these for the Z1+?

Z1. I do not have Z1+ so I will not confirm whether it will work with +.
Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

Hello

I have the same problem now.
Fan out shows "0" and the miner does not mine.
But the fan is turning...

I have deactivated the "Auto Stop Miner" -> Still not mining
Made new firmware stick - > Still not mining

Someone has an idea?

hi, my Z1 stopped mining suddenly as I've discovered the dashboard reports outtake fan speed to "0"

of course the fan is connected and running, but most likely the logic board don't recognise anymore the RPM sensor. Some component possibly has gone...

any idea how to set by software to avoid FAN speed check?

any other idea?
thanks!
/E
hobbyguy242

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:00:52 PM

WHY THE FCK???

Go to earlier in this thread.  You change the frequency to 1000 among other changes.

Do you know where exactly? I looked through it and there are a ton of various conversations about it. And being that Im new to this, most of the terms that they are using are very unfamiliar to me. I just want to make sure that if I do overclock it that I do it 100% correct so I dont do any damage to the unit.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

i managed to get Z1 working. he refused to hash when network ip was static, after changing to DHCP it worked...whatever..crap thing...
daniel3989

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

Received my miner on Monday. (Thank god!, ordered from dayunmining.com and was worried it was a scam as I didn't research before I bought)
However I am not getting the advertised profit, asicminervalue stated that it would be getting $60USD per day, yet currently I am barely getting half of that. Can anyone help me? I have updated it to the latest firmware.

so you can confirm dayunmining.com is not a scam?
From which location they did ship?
Have you got the shipper address from the courier waybill?

The point is that every new small vendor in China is borderline, unstable and unreliable, buying from other than BitMain it's always a kind of gambling!

About yields, you have just to hope it wont fall below current 18-20 USD/day as the ZIG ASICs flood caused a huge algo hash-power and difficulty rise.

I'm sorry to say that things can only get worst for the future, as much more miners  are put in production, as much the profit drops...

/ E

I ordered from them, shipped within 2 days after had ordered. Shipped out of china, the return address is in chinese, not sure if it is the same as the address listed on the site. So can confirm it is not a scam site.

So from what I have read, the drop in price is due to the flooding of zig units mining the algo and now the difficulty has risen, do you think it is likely it will rise again? Or the block reward will drop like bitcoins does?
steliozz

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

Will anyone actually ROI on those before you earn 4$/day?

Sure, if its priced at $1000.

it is already 1900 USD
I guess 1000 it's just a matter of days... or hours!

http://www.dayunmining.com

You all realizing that this site is a scam no? No Z1 (or Z1+) available at that price...

Tarlatata

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:28:57 AM

I ordered from them, shipped within 2 days after had ordered. Shipped out of china, the return address is in chinese, not sure if it is the same as the address listed on the site. So can confirm it is not a scam site.

So from what I have read, the drop in price is due to the flooding of zig units mining the algo and now the difficulty has risen, do you think it is likely it will rise again? Or the block reward will drop like bitcoins does?

Yup, 0 post count and you come here confirming with the 2 only post they are legit and sent you your miner.

Cough... Cough....
esol

Activity: 41
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:44:29 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 03:34:11 AM by esol

looks we are on the same sinking boat mate!

I'm getting crazy to find a contact for tech support...
My partner living in Shanghai yesterday spent a couple of hours making dozens of phone calls without any result...

a typical Chinese headache though, solutions often come as soon as you stop to look at them!

Meanwhile, we are only losing barely 20$ a day, so don't worry.. not so serious compared to the huge money wasted to buy this fucking garbage miner

As already said, the only solutions to our common problem are:
- recompile the firmware disabling fan check (but where is source code?)
- replace/repair the logic board (but where is tech support?)

/E

Hello

Someone has an idea?

hi, my Z1 stopped mining suddenly as I've discovered the dashboard reports outtake fan speed to "0"

of course the fan is connected and running, but most likely the logic board don't recognise anymore the RPM sensor. Some component possibly has gone...

any other idea?
thanks!
/E
esol

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:57:55 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2018, 03:38:42 AM by esol

Yup, 0 post count and you come here confirming with the 2 only post they are legit and sent you your miner.

Cough... Cough....

easy...

daniel3989, in order to verify the vendor for the benefit of the whole community, plz post the courier waybill picture showing Chinese shipper address and possibly the invoice too

thanks for your contribution!

ps: IMHO the sudden hash-rate rise on all cons, rather than for some hundreds unstable ZIG sold so far, makes me guess that BitMain has turned on several thousands of brand new ASICs at once, of course well overclocked...
and I would not be surprised to see the announce of a "new" Lyra2Rev2 model in a few weeks, just a little while before the main coins release an ASIC-killer hard fork as already happened for Cryptonight AntMiner X3

/E
Phuripat

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:23:02 AM

True website is https://download.zigminer.com/

and The new firmware arrived. More stable more hash rate 29.10.2018
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jklZzNDkBKDxHUQKd5V9kKiu_QWlcUug
christiano88

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:45:44 AM

Someone else tested this fw?
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:22:35 AM

What size USB drives are required to hold new firmware? It looks like the firmware files are only 400-500MB, but usually they expect more space when you write them and they boot into a filesystem?
CRYPTOEMME

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:26:04 AM

Someone else tested this fw?

Yes.
Stable for about 40 minutes then half board (not always the same but randomly) stops mining.
Tested with Nicehash at 850 Mhz nonce disabled.
At 900 Mhz same thing but some CPUs go wrong more easily.
daniel3989

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

it is already 1900 USD

OMG!

Pretty sure that's a scam site, either way, I'm glad I sold mine for what I paid for it after mining with it for 11 days back in September, thing turned out to be a piece of junk.

agree, this domain has been registered 15 days ago...

Code:
  Domain Name: DAYUNMINING.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2321227236_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
   Updated Date: 2018-10-14T00:22:48Z
   Creation Date: 2018-10-14T00:22:48Z

and below what they answered me today after asking about the repair policy for my defective Z1...

Repair can be $600.

We offer previous customers $500 for any miner. Buy as many as you need to become profitable again. If this suits, Ill make coupon for you so you can buy any miner on site for 500

-H**n
dayunmining.com

dayunmining is a scam site.

https://www.zigminer.com/

In my mind ,Dayun is new and mysterious manufacturer ,have not any official online shop ,maybe u guys still remember www.dayun.company also .finally it proved into it is scam website ,so just be careful on any website who said they are official website ,that's information we got in China market

Nowdays many buyers told www.zigminer.com is reported as a phising site by google (be careful on this website), also asked if Zigminer M1 is available from www.akminer.com ,today glad to launched more details about Zigminer M1 as below :
https://www.akminer.com/all-products/new-zigminer-m1-ship-now

Yeah not sure if they are official or a retailer who claims to ship from dayun. But I got my miner from http://www.dayunmining.com. No problems.  But each to their own, DYOR. Ill be going to china to pickup a larger order if I can get a better price, since this hashrate isnt getting the $50 a day promised
metnet

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:08:23 PM

Hello

Someone has an idea?

any other idea?
thanks!
/E

what is error message may not reboot or else. did you check pool and wallet addresses are they yours?
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:05:41 PM

it is already 1900 USD

OMG!

Pretty sure that's a scam site, either way, I'm glad I sold mine for what I paid for it after mining with it for 11 days back in September, thing turned out to be a piece of junk.

agree, this domain has been registered 15 days ago...

Code:
  Domain Name: DAYUNMINING.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2321227236_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
   Updated Date: 2018-10-14T00:22:48Z
   Creation Date: 2018-10-14T00:22:48Z

and below what they answered me today after asking about the repair policy for my defective Z1...

Repair can be $600.

We offer previous customers $500 for any miner. Buy as many as you need to become profitable again. If this suits, Ill make coupon for you so you can buy any miner on site for 500

-H**n
dayunmining.com

dayunmining is a scam site.

https://www.zigminer.com/

In my mind ,Dayun is new and mysterious manufacturer ,have not any official online shop ,maybe u guys still remember www.dayun.company also .finally it proved into it is scam website ,so just be careful on any website who said they are official website ,that's information we got in China market

Nowdays many buyers told www.zigminer.com is reported as a phising site by google (be careful on this website), also asked if Zigminer M1 is available from www.akminer.com ,today glad to launched more details about Zigminer M1 as below :
https://www.akminer.com/all-products/new-zigminer-m1-ship-now

Yeah not sure if they are official or a retailer who claims to ship from dayun. But I got my miner from http://www.dayunmining.com. No problems.  But each to their own, DYOR. Ill be going to china to pickup a larger order if I can get a better price, since this hashrate isnt getting the $50 a day promised

stop promoting this scam shop. dont post so "innocent".
esol

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:37:45 PM

Hello

Someone has an idea?

any other idea?
thanks!
/E

what is error message may not reboot or else. did you check pool and wallet addresses are they yours?

no messages at all, the pool is correct and marked as "active" for a little while but OUT as fan speed is "0", the red firmware error LED get on and the miner starts to reboot in an endless loop...

I've checked the main boards component but I didn't find anything burned out...

I'm pretty sure it's possible to solve the issue by disabling fan speed check on firmare by a setting or recompiling it, but no source code is available and nobody seems to know the real identity of DaYun manufacturer...

Very annoying situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: