Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:19:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:01:26 AM

In my opinion KYC is not necessary for airdrops bounty unless their project tokens worth at least a 100 bucks per token in exchange. Lol.. KYC should be only for investors who want to invest in their ICO project, bounty hunters are not customers, they are paid workers and bounty participants that works or help them to advertise and promote their project.
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:09:35 AM

KYC is a horrible invasion of privacy.
The only reason there is KYC is because the criminal organisation called government wants to know about all your private dealings so they can extort (tax) you at their pleasure.
If I even smell KYC I run the other way. What I do is no one's business.
The whole AML Anti-terrorism stuff is a ruse to get good people to turn over their private information.
It's a scam and the sooner people wake up the sooner we can send these crooks packing.
Control your wealth and governments/bankers have no power. keep it private and keep it safe.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
danglinhdan18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:21:14 AM

I think it’s very stupid when they want your ID for an airdrop campaign. Why would i share this info with them? I think there is no point and i will never give my ID to anyone. It’s very private info, you should also be careful before sharing it.
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:35:54 AM

Actually there is a positive side about KYC, with the aim of no fraud that is with personal data. But it is also necessary to anticipate that it will be dangerous if the document is misused by someone else. And of course that will harm someone who has that personal data. I hope KYC is not misused!
Egenen

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:44:36 AM

In doing KYC, we have to be careful, especially about uncertain projects. I guess that Airdrop doesn't need KYC, except it's Airdrop from an exchange project. Once again, if we are told by KYC, make sure that the project is a good project.
It would be really off if the KYC was mandatory on Airdrops. They don't need to see identification for free coins.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:52:29 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Seeing what happened to the recent airdrop which every airdrop does not really pay for each participant, I am very sure that for people who give an important identity to fulfill the KYC that is needed is very useless. Only noobs and ignorant people give their identity to fulfill KYC, you have better go see a good and potential bounty campaign and be a participant in it, if you need a KYC, I think it's fine.
BoxerRobert
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:54:10 AM

I think KYC for airdrop it's very bad. If it is good airdrop that's worth more than 50 USD and more than 100 USD that time KYC is good.But mostly bounty program is must require KYC.
Don't spend much time in less profit or not good quality airdrop.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:57:41 AM

I cannot see the point of "Anonymity" if even in airdrops they will still require KYC. It is understandable if it is for bounty distribution or investor pooling, but nonetheless, it defeats the purpose of crypto. plus, doing KYC is a threat for the identity of the joiners. unless there is a clear definition as to where these data wil be used for and its storage, then I am up for it. but it will not be fair to give your identity and then receive just a satoshi's worth of tokens later.

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:00:21 AM

Airdrops are held because of the fact that the devs want other people to discover the coin and test it. So the participants of airdrops are actually doing these guys a favor so it's looks really bad when they have to implement KYC. I am also against it and just thinking that your important documents in exchange of a few dollars.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:11:19 AM

It actually depends on the project. If it requires kyc based on regulatory need then every token holder should run kyc. A project wouldn't want to be floored by not having kyc on its token holders.
Interestingly, did you read these regulation rules about which you write? Even some ICO teams themselves admit that for the ICO generosity campaign participants, the KYC check cannot be used because they are not investors. I do not know why this wave with KYC has risen lately, but I think that this is wrong and illegal. Therefore, I avoid these checks and the provision of confidential information to everyone who wishes, and I do not advise others to do so.
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:14:40 AM

Self-data is very risky to be given especially to other people we don't know, fearing that it will be misused. So for Airdrops that ask for personal data especially KYC, I tend to pass or not participate. Except if we know that the Airdrop provider is serious and responsible for the project so far.
Prettybaby

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:20:05 AM

No its not good to do KYC in airdrops.. Its just you give your personal information and they might steal your identity.. Maybe u need to skip that and find other good airdrop.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:23:08 AM

KYC for airdrop is not good and in some cases, many airdrops are scam.By doing KYC, we just giving our personal documents to some scammers. So KYC in airdrops should not require.
duoleduo

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

Yes, but I think the airdrop mission will be reduced, all missions will be reduced because the ICO project has been reduced a lot, you should spend your time on trading.
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:24:45 AM

I don't think it was a good idea having an airdrop with a KYC it's like a nig time investors and I think it will be good only for some big investors that want to secure their investments. But if it is the rules of the campaign we should filliw their rules I don't want to blame anyone into it.

Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:27:11 AM

You know KYC in airdrops for me is ridiculous. I understand that some projects are seeking ways to filter out scammers/multiple participants in their airdrops, but who knows the airdrops itself if a scam. Thus, they can collect lots of important information and may not reward the airdrop.

identifyuser

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

If you take into account that a lot of airdrops organized by scammers, it is quite a dangerous idea. I wouldn't be involved in that.
vested

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:00:18 PM

I feel that KYC is not good for airdrops as most airdrop coins have very low value but KYC is acceptable in bounties which ask for them and mentioned it at the time of joining of bounty. If you are willing to give your KYC, then you can join otherwise leave that.

I also think that. Passing KYC for airdrops is a sign that this airdrop most likely is a scam and you won't get paid. Or you can get paid but the tokens will be worth nothong.
lancer10

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

In our time now, data is a weapon. Any data when processed becomes information, and information can be used for all sorts of things. Now if you think that your personal indentification is only worth 5$ in tokens, you're out of your mind.
That's a  100% true. I don't understand the need for giving your personal information that can be used in any ways just for a couple of dollars that airdrops give.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

If you take into account that a lot of airdrops organized by scammers, it is quite a dangerous idea. I wouldn't be involved in that.

In addition, this idea has no legal basis. Why KYC, if you dont buy anything? A great way to buy personal data for candy wrappers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: