Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚖️[ANN][ICO] OATH Protocol: Blockchain Dispute Resolution & Governance Protocol  (Read 19755 times)
frenkelebre

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:20:13 PM

Explainer video about Oath protocol is what every must watch to understand it well. It is said that the protocol will be decentralized but appointing jury in case of dispute doens't make it trusted protocol because the fate of dispute will solely be in hands of those selected people ? Use cases of the protocol arises the potential well but somewhat it is semi-decentralized in my opinion, I might be wrong in understanding.

The answer to this question is in the video that you mentioned, they will use a random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, also the jurors are selected from a diverse pool according to the criteria set by the parties and their identities are kept strictly confidential to preserve objectivity and prevent external influence.
It is unbiased since they will use random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, but how well are these jurors? are they trained to do their thing or just random people?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buldogers

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:26:17 PM

Explainer video about Oath protocol is what every must watch to understand it well. It is said that the protocol will be decentralized but appointing jury in case of dispute doens't make it trusted protocol because the fate of dispute will solely be in hands of those selected people ? Use cases of the protocol arises the potential well but somewhat it is semi-decentralized in my opinion, I might be wrong in understanding.

The answer to this question is in the video that you mentioned, they will use a random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, also the jurors are selected from a diverse pool according to the criteria set by the parties and their identities are kept strictly confidential to preserve objectivity and prevent external influence.
It is unbiased since they will use random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, but how well are these jurors? are they trained to do their thing or just random people?
I haven't read the whitepaper yet, but i just want to directly asked if people who invested in this project are they able to become jurors as well? and if yes, can they profit if ever they got selected as juror?
NewCenturyBTC

Activity: 423
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:44:05 PM

I really like how the team has tried to reach as far as they possibly can be the use of social media,I hope that it may help.
I like your opinion, actually, i have some doubt about this project can have good growth or not at the near future, which crypto and ICO market haven't good signal.
JohnJarvis99

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:49:05 PM

Do OATH team will provide some webinar or livestream for answer every question from investor or people have attention at the future?

We can get started here Smiley We have a Q&A post on our medium here: https://medium.com/oathprotocol/oath-protocol-q-a-series-1-e735c8e04d42 and will publish another one soon - stay tuned and sign up to our medium channel!
Why not provide us some livestream at youtube or facebook for make us more clearly about OATH and the plan for the future?
lobster88

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:36:54 AM

I was so much glad to this project. Why? Because aside from the Oath Protocol project having a good concepts to be fight here in the crypto currency community, the team working behind this project gives me a hinch to keep supporting and let my trust unto them. They are very active and giving an all out to make this project reach further as its goes to attain its goals and achievements.
rapi

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

In this project the rules are very strict for prospective jurors.
Looks like this project understands the protection of Dapps? am I right about that.
I will also wait for the bounty program.
PwrLeveld

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:55:20 AM

I really like how the team has tried to reach as far as they possibly can be the use of social media,I hope that it may help.

Yeah another way to promote their project is on social media sites. It has the majority of all potential crypto investors who will be interested in joining.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
unemployed

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 07:59:42 AM

Do OATH team will provide some webinar or livestream for answer every question from investor or people have attention at the future?

We can get started here Smiley We have a Q&A post on our medium here: https://medium.com/oathprotocol/oath-protocol-q-a-series-1-e735c8e04d42 and will publish another one soon - stay tuned and sign up to our medium channel!

This is a good article and explanation for all people who want to understand the project developments stages. My only question how will be these protocol be legalize on other countries?

╭═══════ Petlife ═══════╮
   Blockchain in veterinary medicine    │
╰════ https://icopet.life/ ════╯
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

It will be good if they can launch a campaign like translation to other languages, It may help people to understand what is the good benefits of this project. Especially in Local Boards.
I think it will be a good decision for launching the bounty.This will bring the activeness to this project & people will join this Project

Its also be a good way if they can hire crypto influencers with big followers in social media like Mc Afee. It will give big boost plus impression to the project's reputation.

Decrypto

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 08:38:53 AM

It will be good if they can launch a campaign like translation to other languages, It may help people to understand what is the good benefits of this project. Especially in Local Boards.
I think it will be a good decision for launching the bounty.This will bring the activeness to this project & people will join this Project

Its also be a good way if they can hire crypto influencers with big followers in social media like Mc Afee. It will give big boost plus impression to the project's reputation.

Or they could also just make an Ambassador program which will be cheaper than hiring Mcafee who just shills project with big amount of payments. That way, there will be a vast reach in social media if they just allow users who have high numbers of followers.
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 117

Governance & Dispute Resolution Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 09:42:53 AM

Or they could also just make an Ambassador program which will be cheaper than hiring Mcafee who just shills project with big amount of payments. That way, there will be a vast reach in social media if they just allow users who have high numbers of followers.

Exactly, we are also working on global ambassador Programs as well as regular meetups in our Office in Shanghai where we bring together groups of Students or local blockchain enthusiasts which leverages our exposure online and offline.

In this project the rules are very strict for prospective jurors.
Looks like this project understands the protection of Dapps? am I right about that.
I will also wait for the bounty program.

Yes - we provide an additional layer for dispute resolution which secures transactions and interactions between two parties. Besides dApp Security, we also aim to provide a Governance Layer on public chains (see NEM or Quarkchain). The big advantage of our protocol is that it's chain agnostic and therefore very flexible with a wide range of applications.

I haven't read the whitepaper yet, but i just want to directly asked if people who invested in this project are they able to become jurors as well? and if yes, can they profit if ever they got selected as juror?

It doesn't matter if you're an Investor, Community Member or Token Holder. Anyone can sign up to become a Juror. That's also a major difference to other competitors in this Field (such as Kleros) who are using kind of a PoS within the Jury selection process: meaning that the you need tokens to be eligible as a Juror and the more tokens you hold, the more likely you get chosen for the jury.

... Here's an in-depth comparison to all major platforms dealing with dispute resolution in different forms. I saw some one already posted the link, but I will repost:
https://medium.com/oathprotocol/the-lay-of-the-land-in-blockchain-dispute-resolution-and-governance-designs-9b97b0e469b8

-------------
By the way, we just had great meetings in Frankfurt, and the next days in Berlin (part of the German Blockchain Week). We also gave a Keynote yesterday at the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management which was awesome!
Will keep you updated on the next steps.

We actually recently talked about weekly Video-Updates, maybe even on a Livestream on Youtube. Think that makes sense Smiley

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
JuggSlash

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:30:22 AM

Yeah another way to promote their project is on social media sites. It has the majority of all potential crypto investors who will be interested in joining.
It's really interesting because they can make a bigger opportunity if they would publishing their idea and their strategy in their social media, it might get interested.
Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Is it just me or anyone keep load the landing page of the website? I mean, the loading from the website was stucked.
That might be an intermittent issue which thrown you a 500 response, do clear the cache of your browser from the beginning close the browser, open a new browser and try again. Even further you experience the same issue do shoot your issue developer will take a look.
Yeah, some of the people are committing an issue like this one. I'm pretty sure they will answer for the issue shortly, just wait.
Mommyshark

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:55:40 AM

Is it just me or anyone keep load the landing page of the website? I mean, the loading from the website was stucked.
That might be an intermittent issue which thrown you a 500 response, do clear the cache of your browser from the beginning close the browser, open a new browser and try again. Even further you experience the same issue do shoot your issue developer will take a look.
Yeah, some of the people are committing an issue like this one. I'm pretty sure they will answer for the issue shortly, just wait.
Responding immediately in this issue would be a good impression of the project. It shows the readiness of the team of how they're going to address whatever problems they may encounter.

HMember

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:09:02 PM

Thanks to social networks very many projects could untwist the project therefore, I think and here in it there is a certain sense. At least, it will give a good impetus to popularity.

hxmsam

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:13:18 PM

Hello team! I would like to find out about generosity. Will there be a distribution of tokens and how can I get involved? I really want your token!

You should sign up to be a juror and earn some for deciding cases!
I do not understand exactly where I need to register? There is a link to the page where registration for the distribution of tokens?
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:51:32 PM

Hello team! I would like to find out about generosity. Will there be a distribution of tokens and how can I get involved? I really want your token!

You should sign up to be a juror and earn some for deciding cases!
I do not understand exactly where I need to register? There is a link to the page where registration for the distribution of tokens?

There is no place to register yet, but if you follow our twitter https://twitter.com/oathprotocol or telegram community https://t.me/oathsio, we will announce there as soon as we're ready for you!

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:51:59 PM

Responding immediately in this issue would be a good impression of the project. It shows the readiness of the team of how they're going to address whatever problems they may encounter.

Hey Mommyshark, are you having issues? It seems to be working fine...

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

Lol McAfee is legit insane.  If we hire him it will only scare people away!

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
Zianingbu

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

Hey all - we are working on the second edition of our Q&A, and if there are any questions please add them to the form:  http://ow.ly/xby350ju2tR

We will publish on our website and all social media, as well as here  Kiss
Very interesting question-answer rubric. thanks to this, you can simply find your question and read the answer. And then questions will not be repeated everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: