Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚖️[ANN][ICO] OATH Protocol: Blockchain Dispute Resolution & Governance Protocol  (Read 19753 times)
frenkelebre

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:12:52 PM

I am very glad that the developer after all has decided to use the KYC system for recognition of the real participants of the project. It will unambiguously give firmer soil to the project.
Same here, at least they can now give credits to the rightful one. Hopefully this will run smoothly and things will be done and flow in accordance with the main goal of the project team. This really calls for a celebration buddy. I wish the best of luck for everyone specialy the project.
It is indeed needed so that no person can make multiple accounts for them to become or have high chance on getting jurors also it will be important for being a jurors are not an easy things to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnJarvis99

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:33:12 PM

Hello team! I would like to find out about generosity. Will there be a distribution of tokens and how can I get involved? I really want your token!

You should sign up to be a juror and earn some for deciding cases!
I do not understand exactly where I need to register? There is a link to the page where registration for the distribution of tokens?

There is no place to register yet, but if you follow our twitter https://twitter.com/oathprotocol or telegram community https://t.me/oathsio, we will announce there as soon as we're ready for you!

I really appreciate your responsive to everybody. I really hope the team will keep this attiude for long time more.
NewCenturyBTC

Activity: 423
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:37:56 PM

Hello team! I would like to find out about generosity. Will there be a distribution of tokens and how can I get involved? I really want your token!

You should sign up to be a juror and earn some for deciding cases!
I do not understand exactly where I need to register? There is a link to the page where registration for the distribution of tokens?

There is no place to register yet, but if you follow our twitter https://twitter.com/oathprotocol or telegram community https://t.me/oathsio, we will announce there as soon as we're ready for you!

Good to know this will be updated soon enough i hope we get to earn enough token on the platform however is there any plans for a bounty campaign coming up?
Yes, i really hope they can running some bounty more for earn token from potential project like OATH Protocol.
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:59:30 PM

Explainer video about Oath protocol is what every must watch to understand it well. It is said that the protocol will be decentralized but appointing jury in case of dispute doens't make it trusted protocol because the fate of dispute will solely be in hands of those selected people ? Use cases of the protocol arises the potential well but somewhat it is semi-decentralized in my opinion, I might be wrong in understanding.

The answer to this question is in the video that you mentioned, they will use a random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, also the jurors are selected from a diverse pool according to the criteria set by the parties and their identities are kept strictly confidential to preserve objectivity and prevent external influence.
It is unbiased since they will use random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, but how well are these jurors? are they trained to do their thing or just random people?

According to what I read in the whitepaper, They do not need to be experts in any field or area, OATH jurors only need to rely on their common sense to decide cases based on contract terms, evidence, and testimony. Because OATH Protocol uses a Proof of common sense which is a consensus mechanism that is used within the OATH jury community.
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 117

Governance & Dispute Resolution Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:38:06 AM

Explainer video about Oath protocol is what every must watch to understand it well. It is said that the protocol will be decentralized but appointing jury in case of dispute doens't make it trusted protocol because the fate of dispute will solely be in hands of those selected people ? Use cases of the protocol arises the potential well but somewhat it is semi-decentralized in my opinion, I might be wrong in understanding.

The answer to this question is in the video that you mentioned, they will use a random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, also the jurors are selected from a diverse pool according to the criteria set by the parties and their identities are kept strictly confidential to preserve objectivity and prevent external influence.
It is unbiased since they will use random algorithms to select a diverse and unbiased pool of jurors, but how well are these jurors? are they trained to do their thing or just random people?

According to what I read in the whitepaper, They do not need to be experts in any field or area, OATH jurors only need to rely on their common sense to decide cases based on contract terms, evidence, and testimony. Because OATH Protocol uses a Proof of common sense which is a consensus mechanism that is used within the OATH jury community.

Right - that makes it easily accessible for anyone to become a Juror, whilst the Reputation Mechanism tracks the accuracy and credibility of a Juror and simultaneously filters bots and malicious judges. With "Expertise", we mean that Juror's don't need to have proven evidence like University Degrees or Working Experience in a specific field. The Expertise that we believe is of crucial significance is the sense of Judgement of the Jurors. Our Reputation Mechanism will track exactly this and also evaluates each Jurors' Expertise according to several metrics like voting history, response time, appeals history, amount of OATH held, and token holding period.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
Assab101

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:20:02 PM

In this project the rules are very strict for prospective jurors.
Looks like this project understands the protection of Dapps? am I right about that.
I will also wait for the bounty program.

There are a lot of Dapps right now and I think if this platform will succeed, they must be busy finding clients that wanted to ensure their terms and conditions and protect the right of whoever is right. Well, anyway, this is still in progress which means more work that needs to be done.

Our Vision is to make it accessible for anyone to become a Juror. We will have sort of a KYC (managed by more experienced Jurors) to filter out Bots and evaluate the potential Juror with an initial Credit Level. In this way, we can ensure that only Jurors with a good sense of Judgement are eligible and get rewarded.

Correct - we are working hard right now on Partnerships (rf. to our Medium page https://medium.com/me/stories/public for latest Announcements) to enlarge our Network rapidly.

Quite interesting to know more about it and thanks for the shared information and definitely this is something worth to read. I am not so familiar with law which I think a big factor to be an eligible juror.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 11:26:09 PM

In this project the rules are very strict for prospective jurors.
Looks like this project understands the protection of Dapps? am I right about that.
I will also wait for the bounty program.

There are a lot of Dapps right now and I think if this platform will succeed, they must be busy finding clients that wanted to ensure their terms and conditions and protect the right of whoever is right. Well, anyway, this is still in progress which means more work that needs to be done.

Our Vision is to make it accessible for anyone to become a Juror. We will have sort of a KYC (managed by more experienced Jurors) to filter out Bots and evaluate the potential Juror with an initial Credit Level. In this way, we can ensure that only Jurors with a good sense of Judgement are eligible and get rewarded.

Correct - we are working hard right now on Partnerships (rf. to our Medium page https://medium.com/me/stories/public for latest Announcements) to enlarge our Network rapidly.

Quite interesting to know more about it and thanks for the shared information and definitely this is something worth to read. I am not so familiar with law which I think a big factor to be an eligible juror.

You don't need to know the law at all to become a juror. In the common law jury system, the juries are made up of regular people, just like you. This is why the jury is often referred to as a jury of peers, meaning it's regular people and not a group with any specific background or expertise. Most of us have good intentions, and most of us can tell right from wrong -- and this is exactly what the juries will do on our platform.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
LaScuderia

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

I am very glad that the developer after all has decided to use the KYC system for recognition of the real participants of the project. It will unambiguously give firmer soil to the project.
Same here, at least they can now give credits to the rightful one. Hopefully this will run smoothly and things will be done and flow in accordance with the main goal of the project team. This really calls for a celebration buddy. I wish the best of luck for everyone specialy the project.

The question is who are these people who are ready to complete identification. Many who have been in the crypt for a very long time and have large funds prefer not to enter such projects for their own reasons.
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 12:48:12 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2018, 11:23:50 PM by oathprotocol

The question is who are these people who are ready to complete identification. Many who have been in the crypt for a very long time and have large funds prefer not to enter such projects for their own reasons.

We will not publish any Jurors' Identity but keep it private instead.

Our "KYC" merely serves
1) to filter out Bots or fake accounts and
2) gives an initial credit level to the Juror who is requested to simulate cases in the application form.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 03:10:36 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 12:17:49 AM by oathprotocol

@ All:

we just got our third, independent youtube review by primeico. check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOHXwqWhU5s
... and any further questions, do not hesitate to let us know here, on Telegram (https://t.me/oathsio) or any other social media platform you prefer most :-)

Happy to get your feedback

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 11:24:47 PM

Nailed it Wink

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
bestasparagus

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:28:45 PM

What do you guys think about EOS's ECAF? I think it demonstrates the need for dispute resolution, but honestly not the best solution. How is your approach different and do you think ECAF is among your immediate competitors?
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

What do you guys think about EOS's ECAF? I think it demonstrates the need for dispute resolution, but honestly not the best solution. How is your approach different and do you think ECAF is among your immediate competitors?

Hey,

ECAFs' and our Vision are quite different. ECAF is trying to mirror an entire Constitution with a strict legal system on the EOS Blockchain. We have made a lot of Research on ECAF recently and figured out, that it would be most suitable if a very, very high amount of tokens are being affected (recently there was a hack with 2M EOS Tokens which equals around 10M+ USD at this moment). The reason is that ECAF aims to recruit selected and known experts with actual legal background (currently there are six arbitrators) to judge on those cases. These arbitrators can charge an amount based on the hours & expenses they had to resolve the case. In addition, there is a minimum Submission Fee that needs to be paid, even if the case would be rejected. We believe EOS' ECAF might be comparable to Oath for "Governance on EOS" issues. ECAF is neither chain agnostic as Oath, nor does it share communities. It is merely focussed on the EOS Chain.

https://medium.com/oathprotocol/the-lay-of-the-land-in-blockchain-dispute-resolution-and-governance-designs-9b97b0e469b8

Read here for more Details :-)

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
LaScuderia

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:04:02 PM

Our "KYC" merely serves
2) gives an initial credit level to the Juror who is requested to simulate cases in the application form.

Let's see how things go with you and in this market big players like to be specific and that’s what drives the whole market.
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

Our "KYC" merely serves

Let's see how things go with you and in this market big players like to be specific and that’s what drives the whole market.
[/quote

Correct. We are working hard daily to execute our Big Idea and within the next weeks we are going to release our first Prototype, Bounty Programs, Ambassador Programs and much, much more.

So stay tuned Smiley

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
PoweredBy SMF

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:23:19 AM

OATH Protocol, a project building a decentralized, standard, and extensible public chain-agnostic protocol that protects dApp users’ rights and assets and OathProtocol brings two advantages to DREP foundation. One is that community members with a high reputation can gain the status of the jurors and get further rewards.
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:39:24 PM

Our new TEAM UPDATE post is now up! . You can track our progress and see what we're up to!

https://medium.com/oathprotocol/oath-team-update-nov-12-2018-9e54462bf811

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

Oath Partnership Announcement

"CBNT, in partnership with Oath Protocol, a blockchain governance and dispute resolution platform, today announced that it will work with Oath to provide a governance and moderation mechanism for its decentralized news and content sharing community."

.... to read the full article, check our latest Medium Post here and don't be shy to leave some claps Smiley
https://medium.com/oathprotocol/cbnt-partners-with-oath-protocol-for-community-governance-and-moderation-on-cbnt-platform-81b22a75234b

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 02:24:05 PM

[Brief Project Update]
- Nov. 25 - Shanghai

Greetings Oath Family!
The past couple of weeks were super exciting for us and we have again achieved major Milestones in our still young project:

- Michael, our Head of Business Development & CM was invited to Seoul and made extremely valuable new connections that help facilitate the market entry for Oath in Korea. He met various projects and media partners, as well as Event Managers. Korea is definitely a must-be location for any Blockchain Project and we have it closely on our radar.

- Prototype: Even more importantly; we developed the V1 of our Prototype and the demo's and simulations in our tests went smoothly and as expected. You will read more details on that in our next Team Update Post coming out soon on our Medium Page here: https://medium.com/@oathprotocol

- Student Workshops: We created BlockchainGo, a student-focussed blockchain educational platform that we co host with our good friends from Aion Network. We held our first Event on Nov 22, which was a great success. We will publish a separate Medium Post on that shortly.

- Our COO Jenny was very active on larger Conferences taking place in the US: She moderated a Panel Discussion about Blockchain Governance with Kleros CEO Clément amongst the Panelists.

- Besides that, we have attended, co hosted or actively participated (panel, keynote) on several conferences across Asia and also in Europe at the German Blockchain Week in Frankfurt & Berlin.

> We will shortly roll out our very first Bounty Program along with Ambassadorships to our Community. In addition, we managed to onboard several new partners that will also be announced soon.

Stay tuned and thank you for your Support and feedbacks.
Team Oath

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
oathprotocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 08:04:56 AM

Dear Oath Friends -

Here is another quick update on our progress [December 13]

- Next week, we target to publish our very first Bounty Campaign where you are all invited to participate Smiley
- We demo'd our App on the ASEAN Conference in Bangkok, Thailand last week (Dec 9)
- We announced Qtum and MOAC as our latest Partners to join the Oath Ecosystem
- Today, we will host the Second Edition of BlockchainGo, an educational workshop series for University Students
- We attended several conferences, extended our range & social media exposure and overall rapidly proceed towards the realization of our Big Idea

> Stay tuned over the next Days and Weeks - there is a lot to come up

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: