Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 11464 times)
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:34:13 PM

I've discussed this with bryce weiner and others on twitter and the only way a coin with this marketing strategy would make sense and not be labeled as a scam is by doing it in revers:

-create coin
-premine it
-distribute premine
-release coin for mining
-open promotion and exchanges

if you're not doing it like this you're doing it wrong and most likely are a scam.

nope

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

Icelanders log in to the web page to claim their coins. Process is automatic. Coins are sent. Please describe how the escrow process should've been arranged in order you to have been 100% satisfied.

I'm sorry. Where is the 100% solid evidence that only people from Iceland are getting AUR from the air drop? A counter on the AUR website you say? Are you trying to tell me I should blindly believe anything a random and completely anonymous person on the internet says? And no, I'm not talking specifically about you, I meant the dev Balduro; which no one knows his real name, physical address, how old he/she is or even what he looks like.

You can not possibly be daft enough to trust a completely random and totally anonymous person on the internet, and if you do then you're just another one of the mass suckers born every minute into this world.

Rarely nothing is 100%. Never blindly believe anything. At the point something in the world of investing is 100%, there is nothing to be gained from it anymore - no risk, no reward.

It's easier to find reasons why something might fail than build something. If an escrow would've taken place, you wouldn't have been happy how it would've been handled. But you can't describe how it should've been handled.

"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead"
illodin

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:43:18 PM

-create coin
-premine it
-distribute premine
-release coin for mining

This would've created some interesting dynamics, maybe we'll see a coin doing it this way as well?

Still many points which doubters could and would attack.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:26:06 PM

I've discussed this with bryce weiner and others on twitter and the only way a coin with this marketing strategy would make sense and not be labeled as a scam is by doing it in revers:

-create coin
-premine it
-distribute premine
-release coin for mining

if you're not doing it like this you're doing it wrong and most likely are a scam.

While this method would make it much less of a scam, you still run into the AUR paradox; how do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the intended recipients are actually the only users receiving the pre-mined coins?

For example, look it it this way:

-I create a completely random and completely anonymous account
-I create a coin
-I pre-mine it
-I launder the pre-mined coins into thousands if not hundreds of thousands of wallet addresses myself and my team hold, but I distribute 10% of the pre-mined coins to the actual intended recipients
-I release the coin for mining
-I open promotions and exchanges
-I and my team pump and dump at a controlled rate
-profit

Depending on the amount of coins and the amount of cryptocurrency savvy users that are in my targeted recipients, I may not even need to distribute 10% of the pre-mine. Let's be completely honest here, the cryptocurrency savvy users are a drop in the bucket in comparison to the population of any region anywhere in the world.
illodin

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

Let's be completely honest here, the cryptocurrency savvy users are a drop in the bucket in comparison to the population of any region anywhere in the world.

Well this is one of the things AUR has a chance to change. Better chance than any other crypto so far actually. But no, let's ignore that fact because it's not 1000% sure no one gets to scam a single coin out of it.
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

It's irrelevant who has the coins. The fate is the same.
jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:07:29 PM

completely agree with OP, but this is a hype and irrational world
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

I'm sorry. Where is the 100% solid evidence that only people from Iceland are getting AUR from the air drop? A counter on the AUR website you say? Are you trying to tell me I should blindly believe anything a random and completely anonymous person on the internet says? And no, I'm not talking specifically about you, I meant the dev Balduro; which no one knows his real name, physical address, how old he/she is or even what he looks like.
con men are the same whether they're selling cruise ship vacations, brooklyn bridge, or cryptocurrencies.  sunlight is the best disinfectant for these lowlifes.

your bullshit detector is working properly.  it's hilarious how illodin and his ilk have exactly the same party line.  the auroracoin cartel sticks out like a sore thumb in every one of these threads.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:24:17 PM

con men are the same whether they're selling cruise ship vacations, brooklyn bridge, or cryptocurrencies.  sunlight is the best disinfectant for these lowlifes.

your bullshit detector is working properly.  it's hilarious how illodin and his ilk have exactly the same party line.  the auroracoin cartel sticks out like a sore thumb in every one of these threads.  

Tell me about it, lol.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:21:10 PM

sad BCX had to state the obvious..

why do people bother ? because they think they can slip in and out of the scam and make money.
and they may be right.. BUT you are promoting the coin by doing that and there for creating a domino effect..
the scam coin scene being over run by more and more daring scams with more and more excuses for premines etc
if you make this coin scammer 100 grand he is going to start making way more and way faster..
and the other coin spammers will see this and start copying what he did and it goes on and on until this scene is such a mess
that some bad people decided enough is enough.. such as US gov operations that seek destroy crypto across the web in all forms.
jeez gusy smarten the fuck up please.. don't you think pissing off all banks on earth enough ? lol
we're already taking money out of big bankers pockets and Paypal etc.. think about it.
or just do what you guys usually do and that short term greedy gain.. i make 1 btc but coin cloner makes 100 btc ..so i am happy lol
It's like eating cake for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday it's ging to catch up with you..
and sadly it's going to catch up with all of us not just the scummy fuckheads that support scam coins.. it effects all of us !

FUD first & ask questions later™
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

completely agree with OP, but this is a hype and irrational world

+1, that is it
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

People are openly gaming the 'airdrop' here.  this quote from the auroracoin thread:

Have 100 (unused) working Kennitalas, that are 100% in Aurora database, need Islandic SMS number(s).

Will share 50%. Instant cash out to Bitcoin. Can do big volume!

Why would someone with a icelandic number share anything with you? You can find lots of kennitalas just googling around
Because most out of Google are already used!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:36:22 AM

I meant the dev Balduro; which no one knows his real name, physical address, how old he/she is or even what he looks like.

This is different from Satoshi how?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:41:22 AM

Tell me about it, lol.

Do you have _any_ evidence of wrongdoing by the Auroracoin team, whatsoever?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:44:07 AM

People are openly gaming the 'airdrop' here.  this quote from the auroracoin thread:

Have 100 (unused) working Kennitalas, that are 100% in Aurora database, need Islandic SMS number(s).

Will share 50%. Instant cash out to Bitcoin. Can do big volume!

Why would someone with a icelandic number share anything with you? You can find lots of kennitalas just googling around
Because most out of Google are already used!

People are trying too. I called out one such would-be thief on Middlecoinforum.com. But do you have any evidence they are succeeding? The fact that they are publicly asking for help suggests they are not having such an easy time of it.

Besides, how many times have you heard bitcoin declared a scam? And the vast majority of us always point out that just because some people try to use bitcoin in a criminal manner, does not mean there is anything wrong with bitcoin.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:07:10 AM

i think that they are going all wrong about how to dispurse the aurora coins. they should send newsletters to everyone in iceland or something and not just allow someone to type in info on site and cash them out. gonna cause a lot of problems and theives are going to profit

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:25:15 AM

Many respected people are tracking the airdrop and coin closely and found till now nothing suspious.

That people try to game airdrop is pretty obvious. One airdrop is still worth $200 and you find lots of Kennitalas online. Its pretty tempting to try I guess, because you find long lists.

But as I understood it, balduro black-listed lots of kennitalas that are online findable.
People fail with kennitala + Facebook Auth, that is why they ask for islandic SMS numbers.
But I think the reason their request fails is, that balduro black-listed online avaible kennitalas.
So online Kennitalas + SMS would also fail.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:52:23 AM

bull shit..
people are selling Icelandic identities to claim free coins in bulk. so no your completely wrong buddy.

FUD first & ask questions later™
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:54:35 AM

You have any proof like a link or a screenshot?
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:17:47 PM

bull shit..
people are selling Icelandic identities to claim free coins in bulk. so no your completely wrong buddy.

Selling them because they cannot use them themselves (found out they are worthless). The excuses here are endless. The airdrop was/is a wild success so far.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: