Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:37:12 PM

I think that if it helps people know more it is good journalism.

Know more of what it's true yes. I agree with you on that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:55:40 PM

this story was the greatest embarrassment in 81 years of newsweek. when there is a quest for a hidden person and a journalist comes up with such a thin story dragging out the wrong guy to the world public it is the opposite of "good journalism"

they could have at least asked "is this the real satoshi ?" instead they pretended they had something, but they had nothing.
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:16:31 PM

this story was the greatest embarrassment in 81 years of newsweek. when there is a quest for a hidden person and a journalist comes up with such a thin story dragging out the wrong guy to the world public it is the opposite of "good journalism"

they could have at least asked "is this the real satoshi ?" instead they pretended they had something, but they had nothing.

I love conspiracy theories. Mine is that this whole thing was cooked up by someone in the IC to draw Satoshi out of hiding, which seems to have worked since he logged into his P2P account.
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:39:18 PM

I love conspiracy theories. Mine is that this whole thing was cooked up by someone in the IC to draw Satoshi out of hiding, which seems to have worked since he logged into his P2P account.

He didn't.
He didn't sign his msg.

It was probably a BTC supporter with some skills.
2tights

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

He didn't.
He didn't sign his msg.

Well, your probably isn't really any better than my probably. We're all just guessing. Do you think there we'll ever figure it out?
professorXY

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

I think it would me more "sorry" donation than 'thanks'! Btw if he is true Satoshi he has a lot of coins and no need in another ones a lot .
For some reasons I think he is not Satoshi , just a guy who had got into troubles cause of mass media and wish donation would make it less difficult to continue his normal life
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:55:20 PM

I don't think Newsweek did any irresponsible journalism.
Journalism needs to instigate curiosity, research, quest, inquiry...
Journalism is to help people know more about the world.
If it helps in that it is probably good journalism, even when people that don't like it for some particular reason say it is irresponsible.
Did you study journalism, Andreas? I think you should read some books and study it a bit more in order to make these kind of frivolous accusations. A bit of 'journalism deontology' won't hurt. Have you read any book about journalism, at all?

Did you read any books about human rights?

Look at mass media in the "first world" (you know, the one obsessed with sports, glamour, Hollywood, etc.), this is far from a violation of human rights.  Irresponsible for releasing personal details, yes, but if you want to start throwing the phrase "human rights" around don't use it for such a petty and small thing.  There is a big world out there outside of Bitcoin and it is solving none of the bigger problems in the world (all money is corrupt, be it crypto or fiat), just pointing out issues in the already established systems.
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

He didn't.
He didn't sign his msg.

Well, your probably isn't really any better than my probably. We're all just guessing. Do you think there we'll ever figure it out?

Nope.
The real Satoshi will never be found unless he/she/they decide to step up.
2tights

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:08:18 PM

He didn't.
He didn't sign his msg.

Nope.

I hope you are correct. I think discovery would only be a negative..
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

He didn't.
He didn't sign his msg.

Nope.

I hope you are correct. I think discovery would only be a negative..

If he/she/they was careful not to give any personal info to begin with then he/she/they know how to keep things private.
Besides he/she/they invented Bitcoin Wink
It takes a lot of brains to do that Wink

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

I also think school is good if it helps people know more. That's why I irradiated the classroom assistants with Pu to demonstrate radiation poisoning, and shot some of the lesser students out of a cannon to demonstrate F=ma. It helps the kids learn, so this is good teaching.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

Man, I've been begging on this thread to get the donations that have been raised to Dorian asap, not to wait until the end of March.

There is now a statement from Dorian:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520968.0

which says he had to cut off his internet connection due to "severe financial distress".

Can we get on with this NOW please? You know, instant money transfer we proport to be? He's could do with the money NOW, not in two weeks time, as I've been saying all along  Angry

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:25:40 PM

Man, I've been begging on this thread to get the donations that have been raised to Dorian asap, not to wait until the end of March.

which says he had to cut off his internet connection due to "severe financial distress".

Can we get on with this NOW please? You know, instant money transfer we proport to be? He's could do with the money NOW, not in two weeks time, as I've been saying all along  Angry

Hurry up, guys! Do not leave the harassment for later. Let's force the man right now to accept this Internet money we gathered!

Go go go.

He is cutting all ties from our virtual world of Bitcoin.

LOL
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:29:04 PM

46,8 BTC - WOW  Shocked

BCmale

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:55:52 PM

I just donated 0.01 BTC. I hope the guy gets some peace of mind.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:53:55 AM

Do you people ever think sometimes that Internet money cannot buy all things in life, which includes "peace of mind" or "privacy"?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 06:59:31 AM

I heard a rumor that they're turning off his water and sewer too.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:55:21 PM

Do you people ever think sometimes that Internet money cannot buy all things in life, which includes "peace of mind" or "privacy"?

Yes, if you have enough of that funny internet money.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:28:20 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 08:58:16 PM by sbfree

Another Bitcoin founder could use our help....http://redd.it/21eajg

not too sure about how real this is although it did show up on the front page of forbes.

ps. followed it to one of satoshi's wallets it looks like. If he still has wallet access, then this would be a good thing.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:52:38 AM

looking forward to the funds being delivered, that would be the 1st of April approx? Antoppolos is on vacation right now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: