Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:05:51 AM

I never realized Dorian played Mario Party ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:05:17 PM

On the one hand this could give positive media attention to bitcoin. On the other hand it might be the case Dorean would prefer to be left alone than to be the medium through which positive media attention to bitcoin is channeled.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.
I have no idea if this person is Satoshi, though it seems increasingly unlikely. However, it doesn't matter either way. If this person is Satoshi, then the funds are a small "thanks" and won't make much of a difference.
However, if this person is not Satoshi, then these funds will serve as a "sorry for what happened to you", help with medical bills his family is facing, any legal bills they may incur, or anything else. Most of all, it serves to soften the damage caused by irresponsible journalism and to demonstrate the generosity and empathy of the community, which I know is huge
Here's how it will work. I will collect donations to a single bitcoin address, posted below, with the following rules:
Donations accepted until the end of March.
At the end of March, donations will be converted to USD and delivered to Dorian Nakamoto.
If the donation is rejected by Dorian, then the funds will go to a charity of his choice
If he doesn't want to choose a charity, funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Any funds sent after the deadline, will be donated to Dorian at a later date, or a charity of his choice or EFF as above.
After the end of March, I will make my best effort to contact Dorian and deliver the donations in USD. I will document as much of that process as possible to prove the donations were delivered, as long as that documentation does not affect Dorian's privacy.
The blockchain will provide transparency of all funds donated, which will not move from that address until the funds are delivered to the intended recipient based on the rules above.

Donation address: 1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX
Check the fundraising progress here: https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX
EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:51:09 AM

So, will there be some kind of ceremony or delivery that the community can oversee and celebrate? When will Dorian get the funds?
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

there should be  a news press conference

more positive news for bitcoin = better

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

So what's happening? Is Dorian getting his BTC on April Fool's Day?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:06:41 PM

So what's happening? Is Dorian getting his BTC on April Fool's Day?

he better, i gave him my 0.00277016BTC so he can get his free Duncan coffee

https://blockchain.info/address/1FN62hw74HWjNWzbsfubxvnYhiYrFJNcb8

i am here.
The Avenger

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:13:55 PM

Dorian ready to harvest his fundraised BTC!

Stolen from here: https://twitter.com/russiacoin/status/450667343337635842

Let's hope he actually accepts it

"I am not The Avenger"
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

So all you want is the press to cover the event? That means, for you what matters is the Bitcoin being exposed, even if the consequences is more invasion of the privacy of someone already stressed by the invasion of privacy of the press?

Did I got this right, that your delusional fanaticism for some spare digits is more important that respect the privacy of a person?
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:07:19 AM

Did I got this right, that your delusional fanaticism for some spare digits is more important that respect the privacy of a person?

Well, the coins needs to be handed over somehow. Would it not be enough with Andreas handing it over and making a short film about the transaction and releasing it? It needs not be a press event.

I'm sure Dorian can put the money to good use. Perhaps a new model train!
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:06:25 AM

As one of those, who donated, I am curious as to how Andreas will proceed from here. On one hand I understand the need for privacy, after all that's what the donation was all about, on the other hand it needs to be documented for the benefit of the community, which is very weary of scams.

I hope to at least see some activity on Reddit (last activity there 24 days ago), and some publicly verifiable transaction details, showing who becomes the recipient of the money (it might be a charity, if Dorian refuses to accept).

Video or media publicity stunts are definitely not called for.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
The Avenger

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:49:30 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 10:26:38 AM by The Avenger

As one of those, who donated, I am curious as to how Andreas will proceed from here. On one hand I understand the need for privacy, after all that's what the donation was all about, on the other hand it needs to be documented for the benefit of the community, which is very weary of scams.

I hope to at least see some activity on Reddit (last activity there 24 days ago), and some publicly verifiable transaction details, showing who becomes the recipient of the money (it might be a charity, if Dorian refuses to accept).

Video or media publicity stunts are definitely not called for.
It's now April and looks like everyone has forgotten about this.

I did suggest a number of times to get the money over to him the first week of March, rather than wait until now. If they did, it was worth about $3-5000 more than it is now!

Supposedly Dorian has hired a lawyer:
http://news.yahoo.com/nakamoto-hires-lawyer-newsweek-bitcoin-fight-172016289--finance.html

How can a man who had to get his internet disconnected because of financial strain afford that??!! And we couldn't help him out earlier??

It's so lame that the supposedly "instant payment" bitcom spent weeks dicking around, just like some lame ass traditional bank.

What will be the next lame move? Some asshole turns up at his house and gives him a USB key with the BTC wallet on it, which he can't use.

It's a poor showing from bitcom. Andreas better get his act together, contact the AP reporter who interviewed Dorian (Ryan Nakashima?) and make headway to getting the money collected over to Dorian fast and in a format he can use.

"I am not The Avenger"
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

How can a man who had to get his internet disconnected because of financial strain afford that??!! And we couldn't help him out earlier??
No win, no fee.

Re Bitcoin price, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:58:36 PM

What is the delay in getting the man his money?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:06:19 PM

I, too, am curious to see what's going on with this fundraiser.

Will this amount of BTC ever touch Dorian's hands?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:33:55 PM

I, too, am curious to see what's going on with this fundraiser.

Will this amount of BTC ever touch Dorian's hands?

Andreas Antonopolous is planning on meeting Dorian in person when he is available to do so:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/03/31/bitcoin-philanthropists-raise-21000-for-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto/

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

Dorian ready to harvest his fundraised BTC!

Stolen from here: https://twitter.com/russiacoin/status/450667343337635842

Let's hope he actually accepts it

Pretty good job, but you forgot one thing: 2BG2PAIL. I'll leave it you to figure out where to paste it.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:18:09 PM

Guys Hal Finney needs our support as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552875.0

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

“I will be completing the pledged delivery of funds at some point in April,” he continued. “The exact details will remain confidential to protect the privacy of Mr. Dorian Nakamoto. For security reasons, I plan to meet in person to ensure that I am delivering the funds to the right person, as pledged during the fundraiser. I have been impressed by the generosity of the community and I hope that these funds will somewhat compensate for the egregious violation of his privacy due to the irresponsible and poorly researched article by Newsweek, a tabloid rag serving to demonstrate the sad decline of serious journalism in this country.”

So from "at the end of March" to "at some point in April". Look like the pre-order money grab scheme is working flawless.

LoL
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:13:04 PM

“I will be completing the pledged delivery of funds at some point in April,” he continued. “The exact details will remain confidential to protect the privacy of Mr. Dorian Nakamoto. For security reasons, I plan to meet in person to ensure that I am delivering the funds to the right person, as pledged during the fundraiser. I have been impressed by the generosity of the community and I hope that these funds will somewhat compensate for the egregious violation of his privacy due to the irresponsible and poorly researched article by Newsweek, a tabloid rag serving to demonstrate the sad decline of serious journalism in this country.”

So from "at the end of March" to "at some point in April". Look like the pre-order money grab scheme is working flawless.

LoL

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

Andreas is a busy guy anyways so I don't really blame him.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: