Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

Andreas Antonopolous is planning on meeting Dorian in person when he is available to do so:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/03/31/bitcoin-philanthropists-raise-21000-for-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto/
If Andreas is going to meet Dorian in person, that's cool.

Actually, it's a shrewd move to not give an exact date, in case it causes more media attention.

And hopefully the beatings will continue until Newsweek improves  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:54:21 AM

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

Andreas is a busy guy anyways so I don't really blame him.

Yeah, he must be busy planning the next excuse to keep the money collected near him.

LoL

It is quite likely the price will not rise in the near future. The demand for Bitcoin is obviously decreasing. Nobody in his sane mind will invest in a market based on fraud, theft and money grab schemes. That is what Bitcoin market became.
Bitram

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:42:25 PM

Looks nice for me.

Some things are just too hard to find in google.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:57:42 PM

If Andreas don't deliver, then there's 'no hope' left for bitcoin. He does certainly not appear as a scammer.

He appears to genuinely believe in the technology and to care about other people, and making big personal sacrifices for the good of Bitcoin.

Interesting to learn how this turns out.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:00:24 PM

Mr A has publicly stated that he's off the grid for a week in early April.
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:03:16 PM

community showed support, great thing Smiley happy to be part of it
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:10:08 PM

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme? I am start to think this money will be never donated to Mr Nakamoto. Greed has corrupted most of the big enterprises behind Bitcoin. Why this is going to be different anyway?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:24:45 PM

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme? I am start to think this money will be never donated to Mr Nakamoto. Greed has corrupted most of the big enterprises behind Bitcoin. Why this is going to be different anyway?

I don't know if you know but Andreas did say he was taking some time off....
grifferz

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme?
What is your agenda in repeatedly stating that Andreas is running a scam?

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

Will you be posting a public apology after Andreas delivers the funds?
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:48:42 PM

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

LoL

Trendon Shavers was the "community" financial leader until his scheme imploded.

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Public apology for what? For my right to freely express what I think?

Chang Hum

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:10:46 PM

LoL

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Trendon Shavers clearly ran a ponzi scheme, i feel sorry for the people involved with him not because of what they lost but what they never had (brains).

Bruce Wagner just needed 1 letter in his name changed and re-positioned to form what most people would describe him as. If he was a voice associated with bitcoin it was certainly self imposed.

Patrick Harnett was offloading his toxic pirate debt ahaaa he's the best example on your list.

Zhou Thong was and still is a very intelligent lad but I don't think he stole anything.
grifferz

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:28:58 PM

Sure you have a right to say whatever you like, but it reflects on your character if you're shown to be wrong.

So by all means call someone a scammer when you have absolutely no evidence of that, but I hope you will be apologetic if and when you are proven wrong. I would certainly apologise to you for doubting you in that case.

Though it'd still be nice to hear exactly why you draw the conclusions you do. I was really hoping we'd hear those reasons, which is why I asked what your agenda was.
DynamicDK

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:11:57 PM

Anyone that believes Andreas will be anything short of honest must have a screw or two loose. 

First, Mr. Antonopoulos has always been a very honest, forthright, and generous person.  Second, the amount of BTC donated here is quite small compared to what it would cost Andreas if he attempted any sort of scam.  The damage that would do to his reputation would directly impact his own finances, due to the stigma it would put on the businesses he either owns, or is involved with.

Personally, I think he is a legitimately good person, and has only the best intentions.  But, even if you were to assume that is not true, it would still make no sense for him to steal a sum this size.  Now, if this fund contained thousands of BTC, then I could understand a bit of concern over transparency...but that is not the case.  Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

Anyone that believes Andreas will be anything short of honest must have a screw or two loose. 

First, Mr. Antonopoulos has always been a very honest, forthright, and generous person.  Second, the amount of BTC donated here is quite small compared to what it would cost Andreas if he attempted any sort of scam.  The damage that would do to his reputation would directly impact his own finances, due to the stigma it would put on the businesses he either owns, or is involved with.

Personally, I think he is a legitimately good person, and has only the best intentions.  But, even if you were to assume that is not true, it would still make no sense for him to steal a sum this size.  Now, if this fund contained thousands of BTC, then I could understand a bit of concern over transparency...but that is not the case.  Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

absolutely.  and if Augusto Croppo has any doubts, put your money where your mouth is.
I'll give you 10 to 1 odds. 

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:04:42 AM

absolutely.  and if Augusto Croppo has any doubts, put your money where your mouth is.

I am in for that.

I bet all my coins that Andreas will deliver as soon as he is back from his time out.
Anyone willing to take my bet?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

I am in for that.

I bet all my coins that Andreas will deliver as soon as he is back from his time out.
Anyone willing to take my bet?

If as soon means within 24 hours of making public communication and it's at 10 to 1 I'm in Smiley
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:58:20 PM

So by all means call someone a scammer when you have absolutely no evidence of that, but I hope you will be apologetic if and when you are proven wrong. I would certainly apologise to you for doubting you in that case.

I did not called him a scammer at any moment. I said that is a money grab scheme. Let me repeat: money grab scheme, which rely on collect money for whatever reason and keep it.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

Let him handle it as he wants, and he will get it to Mr. Nakamoto when, and how, it is most convenient to himself, and to Dorian.

Yeah, let me guess... The next excuse will be the USD/BTC price is not high enough, so the donation will be done in June.

Roll Eyes
grifferz

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:27:37 PM

I did not called him a scammer at any moment. I said that is a money grab scheme. Let me repeat: money grab scheme, which rely on collect money for whatever reason and keep it.
Alright Augusto have it your way. It's a shame that you're not going to explain why you think Andreas is operating a money-grab-scheme-which-you-don't-say-is-a-scam-but-just-some-other-way-to-collect-money-for-whatever-reason-and-keep-it-somehow-not-in-line-with-what-he-promised-to-do, nor that you intend to apologise for those accusations if and when Andreas does deliver the funds thus disproving your money-grab-scheme-which-you-don't-say-is-a-scam-but-just-some-other-way-to-collect-money-for-whatever-reason-and-keep-it-somehow-not-in-line-with-what-he-promised-to-do theory.

But that will be the last you will hear about it from me as this has now become too surreal.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

LoL

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

LoL

Bruno Kucinskas a.k.a. Phinnaeus Gage a.k.a. TMIBTCITW ran off with a valuable herd of Bagot and British Primitive Goats belonging to a Lambo-driving Bitcoiner. (at least that's what I hope it'll read once added to the ironic list above if such comes to fruition)

"The Bitcoin detectives will find us any day now, led by this dude name Pinn... Shit! We're fucked! Well, at least I uttered my first double entendre."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: