Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It's time to sell  (Read 23620 times)
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

I agree with you) Every trader must be able to make hard decisions. Even if you are losing some part, you are also saving a part. So yes, if the coin is slowly dying, don't wait until it is delisted from exchanges.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:13:43 PM

I thought it is a normal thing, to check the project before investing in it. But it seems, that reading whitepaper is something new to a lot of people. But do not cry, after an ICO will scam and you just invested your money without research.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

I'm not spreading FUD and everyone is free to do whatever he wants. After all, it's your money.

What I'm suggesting here is to take all the tokens and coins you're holding and start reading the whitepaper, check the roadmap, see the team behind that project and how active the developers are is by looking at the GitHub repository. If it's not looking that good, don't think twice, just go and sell regardless of initial buy price because you'll be cutting your losses this way.

I understand that saying "hodl" is nice etc but you should use your brain and don't be blinded by the idea that every useless out there will go to the moon. Only a few are worth investing in so instead of holding random coins, you may want to target something that has been here for a long time and still doing well such as ETH, BTC.

The idea of hodling for me is only applicable for bitcoin and eth only, if you have alts on your wallet it is better to convert it to btc or eth and hold because it will work for a shorter time rather than wait for the coin price to recover after the ICO.
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

I do not agree with the author of the topic! At the moment there are a lot of coins that have risen unexpectedly! Now no one can say which coin will grow, since many different factors influence the development of a coin, except for white paper, instant indicators and so on.

[
moshuk

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

I agree ... if the project does not fulfill its road map and simply does not develop, then there is no point in keeping their coins ... if there are people who are willing to buy them, it is better to sell.
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:50:13 PM

I'm not spreading FUD and everyone is free to do whatever he wants. After all, it's your money.

What I'm suggesting here is to take all the tokens and coins you're holding and start reading the whitepaper, check the roadmap, see the team behind that project and how active the developers are is by looking at the GitHub repository. If it's not looking that good, don't think twice, just go and sell regardless of initial buy price because you'll be cutting your losses this way.

I understand that saying "hodl" is nice etc but you should use your brain and don't be blinded by the idea that every useless out there will go to the moon. Only a few are worth investing in so instead of holding random coins, you may want to target something that has been here for a long time and still doing well such as ETH, BTC.

i understand how feeling this way mate. and im starting selling some of my holdings and i have some left that i really hoping for rising this holidays come.
REYVAN

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

yes of course for those who already know enough about a project or their coins will focus on certain coins will be more profitable rather than storing it randomly on a few coins but if it fails the impact that is caused will be even greater. this condition is evident now where some coins tend to collapse in price giving shock therapy a Holder coin. every decision always has a risk and that is certain so be wise.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 03:56:26 PM

Well, cut lose it not bad at all. We can set our losses not so much, I usually do this when I got token from bounties, just sell when I'm not sure about that project, etc. Ya, its your money, what you want that is your decision. But don't be regret when you losses so much. 

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:10:37 PM

Sounds like good advice! But in practice, it is impossible to sell on time and the price falls within 5-10 minutes after the listing, while you send tokens to the exchange. And nobody wants to sell for a penny, so you have to be a holder.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 04:13:46 PM

That is great advice, and normally I would fully support it.
But I believe btc has one more crazy bull run left in it.
I don't believe it will eternally rise (it's days are numbered), but all signs point towards another bull run.
How high it will go? My guess is at least to 10k, at the highest 15k.
And the reality of the market now is that btc is still the deciding factor in crypto value.
So if btc goes up, it will still literally pull everything else up.

Basically, in the short to midterm, I believe it is highly possible to recoup losses and even gains.

Long term, however, yes, get rid of your shitcoins.
But it is better to have an exit plan then just up and selling them all right away.

coolon

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:15:53 PM

I think now selling is too late as everything starts to grow and a bull market will come soon. If you wanted to sell it you had to do it in the summer and you need to use stop los then there would be no such situation.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:16:22 PM

Totally agreed with OP. Most of the coins will not be existed anymore. Those coins without any real usage, will be died. So, it's better to out from the market, otherwise, in long term, we will face huge loss.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:16:45 PM

I think the word "hold" and "sell" will be use depend on the person's it's self. They should be wise in making decision which one is the correct decision for them to choose in facing the market situation.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

Reality check is necessary every now and then. The truth here is this, not every coin will be successful so, start pruning, start weighing your option and do what is best for your portfolio and ultimately for the cryptocurrency market!

shinchan123

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

I totally agree with you. Some altcoins do not last long, especially with the current bear market. So, that is why HODLing is not the wisest thing to do. Only HODL altcoins that are active in the market and with an active team.
cupic

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

I know this market - cryptocurrency is the future of world finance.
but it still too small, and I don't have that much free money to buy coins, so I sold them at loss few months ago. hopefully it did not rise before I back Sad(
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:27:20 PM

The biggest problem many people will face if they want to sell their coins now is the fact that they will hardly find any buyer since there is almost no demand right now, especially when it comes to inactive coins. They will be lucky if they are able to sell those unwanted coins at this moment.
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 04:33:29 PM

i somewhat agree with what OP said.  it is necessary for us to research and evaluate the projects of every coins/tokens we have.  if we find the project somewhat questionable, then i advice is to sell the coin and just buy bitcoin or any project we think have true potential.

on the other hand.  sometimes we can earn on even those shitcoins via day trading, specially when the volume is good.  people are usally fed on other people's fud.  those fud makes shitcoins like gold.
Noobaru

Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

If you hold a lot of different tokens, then you are right, not every useless coin will moon. But some of them will and some of them will drop, so basically you are at the same level long-term (not taking into account bitcoin movements). I am, however, more concerned with bitcoin volatility, because my theory is, that when bitcoin moves up and down, altcoins and tokens loose their value over-time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:56:59 PM

We all have our individual choices and everybody has their opinion, you might advise people to dump and then when the market becomes green, you all start regretting why you dumped in the first place, the market is in a delicate place right now and with more people holding, we would prevail.

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: