Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:47:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] leonArdo - Version 2.4 released!! Trading GUI/Bot for Bittrex, Poloniex ..  (Read 73477 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 03:19:52 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 06:13:06 PM by leonArdo@margin

leonArdo@margin
Charts , order book  and market trade history are slowly refreshing, once in ~ 2-9 seconds. Is it a demo markets limitation only?

2-9 seconds sounds pretty longish. Normally it should be way faster.

But we are using pull APIs (as some streaming API's are unreliable) and most exchanges have restrictions on the number of calls per minute/hour (call quotas). However, when you place/cancel orders on leonArdo these are directly sent to the market and this is usually even faster  than if you were to use the exchange websites. This is especially the case if you place many orders/cancels in quick succession.

We have made a start on investigating push API problems and implementing fixes for these to support e.g. web sockets. Then the chart will be updated even faster.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xbt

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:17:36 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 10:26:12 PM by xbt

leonArdo@margin
Thanks for the explanations. Will be waiting for push API implementation.

Suggestions for the next versions:
1. Price sound alarms
2. Order book prices grouping by configurable steps
3. Market depth saves visibility state in the charts
4. 1 min candles
5. Order book and market trade history displayed simultaneously

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 05:17:45 PM

leonArdo@margin
Thanks for the explanations. Will be waiting for push API implementation.

Suggestions for the next versions:
1. Price sound alarms
2. Order book prices grouping by configurable steps
3. Market depth saves visibility state in the charts
4. 1 min candles
5. Order book and market trade history displayed simultaneously

Thanks for the nice suggestions!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 08:19:42 PM

One of our new customers, signed up with a wrong email address but already paid in full.
Can you contact us again via the forum pm or contact@marginsoftware.de so we can ship you your copy Smiley?

Thanks to all our new customers btw. You guys are amazing!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:30:24 PM

leonArdo now supports....

How can you get your copy?
Just go to the website and click through to our Products section.
You can also download a demo version of leonArdo from the website to try it out before you buy it.

If you are an existing Ultra customer and want to add OKCoin, drop us a line Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 02:47:45 PM

The sale has ended.

Welcome to all our new customers! We had a great reaction and look forward to improving leonArdo over the months and years ahead.

To make leonArdo as affordable as possible we have decided on a new pricing scheme and therefore we are happy to announce that going forward leonArdo costs just $89 compared to the old price of 0.5 BTC.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 08:31:35 AM

We have been releasing new markets lately at a rate of one a month and we intend to keep up the pace. As you can see from the above post, next up is Bittrex, C-Cex and then Kraken.

Let us know which market you would like to see supported!

We are also looking into adding support for margin trading. Is this something you guys would like to have?

And remember, leonArdo's new price is just $89!

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 06:04:56 PM

I just ordered leonArdo to play with on Polo.  I'll let you guys know how it goes  Grin

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 07:02:52 PM

I just ordered leonArdo to play with on Polo.  I'll let you guys know how it goes  Grin

Thanks tripppn!

Just mailed you. We are building your version and will send you a link in the next hour.

The leonArdo guys

tripppn

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:51:53 PM

Thanks tripppn!

Just mailed you. We are building your version and will send you a link in the next hour.

The leonArdo guys
Got it and I'm already up and running.  Very smooth transaction and so far the interface is very easy to understand.  Now lets see if it makes any money.   Grin

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 09:38:30 AM

We've been working hard adding new features to leonArdo. We expect to release a new version in the next week or two and are looking forward to hearing back from you guys as to how you like them!

If there is anything you would like to see added, whether a feature or a market, let us know Smiley

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

tripppn

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 06:48:21 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 07:03:35 PM by tripppn

Just wanted to post an update of how it's going.  So far so good.  It's working great.  I do notice when I wake up and get home from work some of my strategies have stopped but that may be my computer or just 8 strait hours of running things can happen.  Basically it does require a bit of babysitting but not bad.  It's not a 100% set it and forget it.

I've had good days and bad days but I'm certainly up in the long run.  I keep my buys/sells in the .05 - .1 btc range so I'm not playing with big money.

I love the marginmaker strategy but I would love to see a smart ping pong added in addition to marginmaker.  Where it tries to put buys and sells toward the top of the bid or ask book and adjusts regularly when people stack orders on top of you.  Maybe let you set it so you keep your orders in the top .5 btc of the book for example. 

One of my strategies just quit on me.  Looks like it made a successful buy and something went wrong when it tried to put in the sell that killed the strategy.  I also get the (something like)"Active order. Would you like to cancel" window that pops up like I manually stopped the strategy.

All in all though I put my stamp of approval on this.  Great work devs.  Keep up the good work.

― Frank Zappa
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:47:05 PM

If there is anything you would like to see added, whether a feature or a market, let us know Smiley

As a feature, I'd like trailing stops as an option for orders.

As market, Vaultoro.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 11:18:56 AM

Just wanted to post an update of how it's going.  So far so good.  It's working great.  I do notice when I wake up and get home from work some of my strategies have stopped but that may be my computer or just 8 strait hours of running things can happen.  Basically it does require a bit of babysitting but not bad.  It's not a 100% set it and forget it.

I've had good days and bad days but I'm certainly up in the long run.  I keep my buys/sells in the .05 - .1 btc range so I'm not playing with big money.

I love the marginmaker strategy but I would love to see a smart ping pong added in addition to marginmaker.  Where it tries to put buys and sells toward the top of the bid or ask book and adjusts regularly when people stack orders on top of you.  Maybe let you set it so you keep your orders in the top .5 btc of the book for example. 

One of my strategies just quit on me.  Looks like it made a successful buy and something went wrong when it tried to put in the sell that killed the strategy.  I also get the (something like)"Active order. Would you like to cancel" window that pops up like I manually stopped the strategy.

All in all though I put my stamp of approval on this.  Great work devs.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your positive review!

Coming back to strategies that have stopped is never good. As long as the network connection is sound and your computer doesn't go to sleep, everything should be okay. Even when a connection is poor, in most cases leonArdo will recover - first suspending the strategy when the connection goes down, and then resuming when the connection is back up again. But, we agree that there are still some exceptional cases in which a strategy will stop for what seems like no good reason at all. If it happens again please send us the log file for the particular currency pair in the .leonArdo folder and we will try to figure out why exactly it has happened.

There is one known issue which occurs given the way exchange fees are taken. If you start buying the minimum amount possible, say 0.01 BTC, you will not receive 0.01 BTC as the fees are taking from this amount. This means you might only receive 0.0098 BTC. Now the strategy will try to place a sell order for 0.0098 BTC and it will fail as it's lower than the minimum allowed. We are looking into a fix for this which might be simply reducing the min amount you can start a bot with so that this doesn't occur in the future. The nice thing about the sliders we have created is that they make it easy to choose min and max amounts so we want this experience to continue to be a useful one.

Good idea about the dynamic ping pong strategy. Such a strategy is on our list...

All the best and thanks again Smiley

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

Good idea about the dynamic ping pong strategy. Such a strategy is on our list...

the ping pong strategy is this what C.A.T. makes, but  C.A.T. has no server for history and no RSI, MACD etc.
so you can win or loose if you are in the right or wrong direction
but
with leonArdo we have a server with history and so it is possible not to make only a simple ping pong, it can be a enhanced ping pong in the right direction -> up or down as showed somewhere here with crossing EMA
like this was
MtGox MACD/EMA trading bot (Tobli)
or
chrome butter-bot
 Smiley

tripppn

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 03:05:31 PM

Thanks for your positive review!

Coming back to strategies that have stopped is never good. As long as the network connection is sound and your computer doesn't go to sleep, everything should be okay. Even when a connection is poor, in most cases leonArdo will recover - first suspending the strategy when the connection goes down, and then resuming when the connection is back up again. But, we agree that there are still some exceptional cases in which a strategy will stop for what seems like no good reason at all. If it happens again please send us the log file for the particular currency pair in the .leonArdo folder and we will try to figure out why exactly it has happened.

There is one known issue which occurs given the way exchange fees are taken. If you start buying the minimum amount possible, say 0.01 BTC, you will not receive 0.01 BTC as the fees are taking from this amount. This means you might only receive 0.0098 BTC. Now the strategy will try to place a sell order for 0.0098 BTC and it will fail as it's lower than the minimum allowed. We are looking into a fix for this which might be simply reducing the min amount you can start a bot with so that this doesn't occur in the future. The nice thing about the sliders we have created is that they make it easy to choose min and max amounts so we want this experience to continue to be a useful one.

All the best and thanks again Smiley

I will certainly send you a log file next time.

Could it be caused by the previous buy being less then what the program wants for the next sell?  Lets say I have it running at 10 XMR. After a couple cycles and fees the buy is only 9.9?  Wait, that doesn't make sense unless I ran out of BTC on my account.  There might be something there though. 
Just a thought.

― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:54:54 AM

So here's my buy/sell graph on ETH for the past 24 hours:

As you can see ETH had a big drop but during that drop it had some nice upswings that could have been taken advantage of as well as a real nice recovery that was missed.

I understand that the program is trying not take a loss but there is money to be made on the way down if it was willing to take a loss to get them.  Not to mention a real sweet recovery that was missed. 

I set my stat interval to 1 hour in an attempt to keep my buys/sells really tight but there were missed opportunities in this case.  If I want the bot to follow down swings do I need to adjust the min effective margin setting to (lets say) -10?

I bring this up in an effort to learn your program better, not to complain by any means.  I'm a total newb to running a bot.    Cheesy

― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 02:02:10 AM

Another thing...

Here's a case where the bot refused to buy for more then it sold for last.  Again, I realize what the program is trying to do but in this case it missed a real nice upswing.

― Frank Zappa
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:57:34 PM

So here's my buy/sell graph on ETH for the past 24 hours:

As you can see ETH had a big drop but during that drop it had some nice upswings that could have been taken advantage of as well as a real nice recovery that was missed.

I understand that the program is trying not take a loss but there is money to be made on the way down if it was willing to take a loss to get them.  Not to mention a real sweet recovery that was missed. 

I set my stat interval to 1 hour in an attempt to keep my buys/sells really tight but there were missed opportunities in this case.  If I want the bot to follow down swings do I need to adjust the min effective margin setting to (lets say) -10?

I bring this up in an effort to learn your program better, not to complain by any means.  I'm a total newb to running a bot.    Cheesy

Hi trippin,

>>  If I want the bot to follow down swings do I need to adjust the min effective margin setting to (lets say) -10?

Yes! If you want the bot to follow swings (either up or down) that means you have to be willing to take a loss in order to make a future gain and keep trading in the new price region. However, we cannot tell you what to set the Min Effective Margin to. It depends on too many factors.

You can practice, testing out the different parameters, using the paper trading version of leonArdo before risking your funds Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 02:03:49 PM

Another thing...

Here's a case where the bot refused to buy for more then it sold for last.  Again, I realize what the program is trying to do but in this case it missed a real nice upswing.

The bot refused to buy because the min effective margin was set not to make a loss.

Therefore, the bot did exactly what you told it to do.

Once again, I suggest trying out different combinations of parameters using the paper trading version. There are a number of parameters that you can adjust and play with to ensure swings you want to catch are not missed. But remember this has an associated inherent risk. If for example you accept a 1% loss on a down swing and the course doesn't swing back up, you have lost 1%. No bot can avoid that...

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: