Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388968 times)
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:04:32 PM

I have created a new wallet that will solely be used for the donation fund.

Please send donations to the following address:

HARkn7ujH7KcVE4a2wWXLXQa7svSiP866A

http://hempchain.info/address/?q=HARkn7ujH7KcVE4a2wWXLXQa7svSiP866A

Any donation amount is appreciated, don't assume you need to donate a lot just because I put in 200,000, every little bit counts.

As for what to do with the donations, that is up to you.  This is a community fund and it's the community that will decide its purpose.

If you would rather only donate to a fund that is more specific to a certain task, let me know what you want your donations to go towards and I will setup another donation address solely for that purpose.  I could have an address for multi-algo developement, marketing developement and one as a reward for any Hemp oriented businesses that are willing to accept Hempcoin. 

Hempcoin has come a long way since it started and that is due to the pro-bono work provided by the Dev and certain community members.  this is great and very much appreciated, it shows that we have started a great community here.  However, I believe anything that can help expedite our success is very much welcomed.  The world of Crypto is ever changing and anything to help Hempcoin keep up or stay ahead of the game is the path we should focus on.

Let me know your thoughts and/or concerns, I just really just want to get the ball rolling on this idea before Lemons releases the POS fix and the price starts to jump.

Let's bring Hempcoin to the next level !

Great idea, I fully support. I will donate some THC to that address as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:05:46 PM

I will donate some soon.

bitcointalk is back. It looks like a serious problem happened. 2 days worth of content has been deleted.

Yes I think so too, a RAID server failed. I noticed the search function is disabled.
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:52:00 PM

I will donate some soon.

bitcointalk is back. It looks like a serious problem happened. 2 days worth of content has been deleted.

Yes I think so too, a RAID server failed. I noticed the search function is disabled.

Yep, exactly. https://twitter.com/bitcointalk/status/558272920615534592

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:59:27 PM

I thought it was only supposed to be like 7-9 hours of lost content.  My post on this thread from "January 21, 2015, 02:18:16 PM EDT" is still there.  i think that is about 7-8 hours before it went down.

They did mention to contact them if you are missing anything from that time-frame and they can take a search for it.

Thanks for the donations guys, I am confident that we can build up a nice pot of hemp :-)

Just fixed up a small glitch on the pool, front end only, all is working again.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:47:25 AM

I have created a new wallet that will solely be used for the donation fund.

Please send donations to the following address:

HARkn7ujH7KcVE4a2wWXLXQa7svSiP866A

http://hempchain.info/address/?q=HARkn7ujH7KcVE4a2wWXLXQa7svSiP866A

Any donation amount is appreciated, don't assume you need to donate a lot just because I put in 200,000, every little bit counts.

As for what to do with the donations, that is up to you.  This is a community fund and it's the community that will decide its purpose.

If you would rather only donate to a fund that is more specific to a certain task, let me know what you want your donations to go towards and I will setup another donation address solely for that purpose.  I could have an address for multi-algo developement, marketing developement and one as a reward for any Hemp oriented businesses that are willing to accept Hempcoin.  

Hempcoin has come a long way since it started and that is due to the pro-bono work provided by the Dev and certain community members.  this is great and very much appreciated, it shows that we have started a great community here.  However, I believe anything that can help expedite our success is very much welcomed.  The world of Crypto is ever changing and anything to help Hempcoin keep up or stay ahead of the game is the path we should focus on.

Let me know your thoughts and/or concerns, I just really just want to get the ball rolling on this idea before Lemons releases the POS fix and the price starts to jump.

Let's bring Hempcoin to the next level !

I thought it was only supposed to be like 7-9 hours of lost content.  My post on this thread from "January 21, 2015, 02:18:16 PM EDT" is still there.  i think that is about 7-8 hours before it went down.

They did mention to contact them if you are missing anything from that time-frame and they can take a search for it.

Thanks for the donations guys, I am confident that we can build up a nice pot of hemp :-)

Just fixed up a small glitch on the pool, front end only, all is working again.

Glad you took my advice, things will run smoother for you.

In regards to posts being lost, one of my replies were lost, but wasn't really important. Just stated that I had forgot to set coin control when sending promo coins from a separate fund but located in the same wallet. Everything was accounted for and transparently displayed in the OC thread. Community content, so enough said. But that was my experience that I wanted to share with you, bocyaj. Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
jm1978

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 09:37:49 AM

And... Is there some news about the wallet update?... ETA is gone
with the lemons!

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:03:40 PM

http://9gag.com/gag/aYp2mo2
jm1978

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:15:24 AM

Smiley ok. If u need help testing the wallet let me know
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:39:14 PM

And that's the god-honest truth~~~!
Not just with programming either. I've had too many of these situation in life in general. I can relate, lemons.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:14:20 PM

what block is the halving? 500k? if so, 53k blocks to go. Smiley

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:21:37 PM

snip other quote

block-halving in 75k blocks ? and watch bittrex.

what block is the halving? 500k? if so, 53k blocks to go. Smiley

I'm figuring about another 35 days if it's at block 500k.
January 10th until today January 25th = 15 days for 22-23k blocks. 53/22.5 = 2.3*15 = 35 days
That puts us about March 1st.

Time will be gone before we know it, friends.  Wink

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:32:24 PM

And that's the god-honest truth~~~!
Not just with programming either. I've had too many of these situation in life in general. I can relate, lemons.

Aye, and THC ain't the only broken PoS wallet out there either, also afaik, MTLMC, TOP V2, and XHC all have the same problem. maybe thete's a common thread?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
berbip

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:29:05 PM

We could always ask ghostlander who is the developer of neoscrypt to switch us to a orbitcoin clone
It would get us of scrypt and back into POS in no time
Ghostlander took Orbitcoin as a testcase for a scrypt pow/pos to neoscrypt pos/pow,
More info in this thread :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586674.0
block hashing is BLAKE2s
PoW hashing is NeoScrypt
PoS hashing is SHA-256d

POS is way better for the enviroment than POW, you should use that electricity to actually grow plants instead of mining with an energy wasting algorithm

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:15:40 PM

Forgot I had this bookmarked when btctalk went down the other day. Neat info about pot and hemp, saw it on twitter somewhere.

http://www.livescience.com/48246-odd-facts-marijuana.html

compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:53:07 PM

We could always ask ghostlander who is the developer of neoscrypt to switch us to a orbitcoin clone
It would get us of scrypt and back into POS in no time
Ghostlander took Orbitcoin as a testcase for a scrypt pow/pos to neoscrypt pos/pow,
More info in this thread :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586674.0
block hashing is BLAKE2s
PoW hashing is NeoScrypt
PoS hashing is SHA-256d

POS is way better for the enviroment than POW, you should use that electricity to actually grow plants instead of mining with an energy wasting algorithm

I wouldn't mind a POS switch. Has there been any security issues with POS on other coins yet? I would also be into a POS block % increase. Something like 75% blocks are POS with 25% POW. POW doesn't seem to be bringing any benefit to the coin right now other than keeping the price cheap for more people to join early.

P.S. After a POS switch, It would be possible to bring POW back if there was ever a need for it.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:38:03 PM

I wrote some transparent coin swap guidelines a few months ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880220.0

I believe if they are followed that any sort of switch is possible.

I don't really any ideas on what the best way to go is.

POS seems good. POW reward is dropping so it doesn't seem that bad. 50% POS blocks and 50% POW seems fair.

Maybe do two block halvings so that POW mining can happen over a longer period of time like 10 years. Then do 50% POS blocks so that even if someone tries to 51% attack the weak POW it has no effect as half the blocks are being POS created.

I'm fine with any idea. I just want POS fixed by like April 20th.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:53:18 PM

The only problem I've seen with 100% PoS coins are mini-forks, although they do correct themselves, but isn't good for merchant adoption for transactions to get reversed if they are on the wrong chain. I'm not sure if this has been fixed or not, I haven't heard anything.

bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:19:45 PM

The only problem I've seen with 100% PoS coins are mini-forks, although they do correct themselves, but isn't good for merchant adoption for transactions to get reversed if they are on the wrong chain. I'm not sure if this has been fixed or not, I haven't heard anything.

not sure what mini-forks you are referring too, but if it's the ones caused when a large wallet opens up after being offline for a long period of time, I believe there is a simple fix for it.

This scenario causes the large wallet to stake tonnes (sometimes hundreds upon hundreds) of blocks in a row at a much quicker rate when opened.  This causes a huge slow down on block creation once the large wallet has finished staking as the diff was increased vastly due to massive amount of network weight it added.  This scenario can be avoided by putting a cap on the maximum weight (max age?) that the coins can accumulated, thus limiting the change in network weight when a large bag holder opens there wallet.  I think in a scenario like this also opens the door for someone much smarter than myself to exploit the coin.  We obviously do not want this to happen.

I know Lemons is very well aware of all exploits and will not allow Hempcoin to be susceptible to any known flaws, rest assured.

I am dwelling beyond my understanding of the blockchain (so please tell me I am wrong if warranted), if the max coin age is capped it should not be capped too much so that actual interest earned is less than advertised/intended.  I know another coin that has a very low max coin age, but it seems to be lowering the interest earned since it is just about impossible for all my coin chunks to stake before hitting the max age.  It looks like once the coins hit the max age, they are no longer earning interest.

This brings up a question that has been on my mind, is it possible to limit the weight accumulated by a chunk of coins, but not limit the amount of interest they earn ?

And yet another thing on my mind; is a 45 day maturing period a good thing for Hempcoin ?  I understand the novelty behind choosing this period, but is it actually helpful for the coin ?

------------------------------

On another note, I can imagine some of you are getting frustrated as you are anxiously awaiting the release of a working POS wallet.

Lemons may not get stuff done as quickly as some would hope for, but I assure you he is working on it and the finished product will work as he intends it too.  He has a real job just like the rest of us and he doesn't get paid for the work he does on Hempcoin, so I am very appreciative for the time he does put towards Hempcoin.

Thank you Lemons ! Don't be shy to ask for help, I am sure we have community members who can do some digging around for you.

I know it has already been said in the forum recently, but just wanted to re-iterate; It is very hard to give a timeline when you are developing code, the simplest problems can take days, or even weeks to figure out.  then you get a lightbulb moment and realize you defined something one line to early or misplaced a semi-colon, or any other of the countless rudimentary typos.  these are what I remember as the most frustrating problems when I was coding back in college.

PS:

:-(  I know the Hempcoin community is better than this.

PPS: one more day to get our volume up on Bittrex..... unless a working POS wallet comes out tonight, we might need that mysterious clever person to fake it once again this time around.  Obviously not ideal, but better than getting de-listed.
with the lemons!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:45:28 PM

Yes, this is true. I personally wouldn't go for 100% POS. If think combination of POS and POW is best.
with the lemons!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:56:03 PM

not sure what mini-forks you are referring too, but if it's the ones caused when a large wallet opens up after being offline for a long period of time, I believe there is a simple fix for it.

This scenario causes the large wallet to stake tonnes (sometimes hundreds upon hundreds) of blocks in a row at a much quicker rate when opened.  This causes a huge slow down on block creation once the large wallet has finished staking as the diff was increased vastly due to massive amount of network weight it added.  This scenario can be avoided by putting a cap on the maximum weight (max age?) that the coins can accumulated, thus limiting the change in network weight when a large bag holder opens there wallet.  I think in a scenario like this also opens the door for someone much smarter than myself to exploit the coin.  We obviously do not want this to happen.

I know Lemons is very well aware of all exploits and will not allow Hempcoin to be susceptible to any known flaws, rest assured.

I am dwelling beyond my understanding of the blockchain (so please tell me I am wrong if warranted), if the max coin age is capped it should not be capped too much so that actual interest earned is less than advertised/intended.  I know another coin that has a very low max coin age, but it seems to be lowering the interest earned since it is just about impossible for all my coin chunks to stake before hitting the max age.  It looks like once the coins hit the max age, they are no longer earning interest.

This brings up a question that has been on my mind, is it possible to limit the weight accumulated by a chunk of coins, but not limit the amount of interest they earn ?

And yet another thing on my mind; is a 45 day maturing period a good thing for Hempcoin ?  I understand the novelty behind choosing this period, but is it actually helpful for the coin ?

------------------------------

On another note, I can imagine some of you are getting frustrated as you are anxiously awaiting the release of a working POS wallet.

Lemons may not get stuff done as quickly as some would hope for, but I assure you he is working on it and the finished product will work as he intends it too.  He has a real job just like the rest of us and he doesn't get paid for the work he does on Hempcoin, so I am very appreciative for the time he does put towards Hempcoin.

Thank you Lemons ! Don't be shy to ask for help, I am sure we have community members who can do some digging around for you.

I know it has already been said in the forum recently, but just wanted to re-iterate; It is very hard to give a timeline when you are developing code, the simplest problems can take days, or even weeks to figure out.  then you get a lightbulb moment and realize you defined something one line to early or misplaced a semi-colon, or any other of the countless rudimentary typos.  these are what I remember as the most frustrating problems when I was coding back in college.

PS:

:-(  I know the Hempcoin community is better than this.

PPS: one more day to get our volume up on Bittrex..... unless a working POS wallet comes out tonight, we might need that mysterious clever person to fake it once again this time around.  Obviously not ideal, but better than getting de-listed.

Capping max age is good think. Coins that are 100% POS usually have 7 days or 14 days cap. But for hybrid coin, current 90 days cap is good.

I'll explain to you why is it taking so long:
As you probably now, we are currently using new Novacoin as base. For some reason (probably something wrong with StakeModifier calculation), POS doesn't work. I noticed, that (now dead) coin URODARK also uses latest Novacoin and their POS is working. So I thought I'll implement their fix. However, I discovered that their fix is very insecure (basically just disabling StakeModifier), so I don't want to go that way.

I'll ask Novacoin devs if they could help and if not, I think we have 3 possibilities:

- migrate to NeoScrypt/POS coin = this wouldn't make ASIC owners happy (but I don't know how many of those are in Hempcoin community)
- go 100% POS = theoretically good, but 100% POS coins don't seem to be very successful
- swich to multi-algo = both ASIC and GPU owners could mine. No POS, depends on your POV if it's big disadvantage or not.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: