Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organized crime in bounties...  (Read 1477 times)
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:26:32 AM

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...

something like what you write about happened to localcoinswap content campaign. Although there was stake system according to to content quality, the manager has divided the total content pool into more than 2500 equal parts without any check)

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

Yes, now there are a lot of scams and a lot of different frauds on the part of scammers. Therefore, you need to be very careful when participating in bounty campaigns.
dddudidd

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:50:29 AM

Scammers must always be avoided, before we participate, we must do good research, and a little discussion. if the scamer is also set, a bounty hunter is also needed to create a discussion group to avoid scamer
MrPao

Activity: 280

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:57:35 PM

I rarely participated in the airdrop because I found that in the airdrop participant spreadsheet, there were more than 5,000 participants registered in almost 1-2 days. I know that there are more than 70% of the robots. I don't want to compete with the robots.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 08:48:59 PM

Very helpful tips. To be honest, I am not surprised that this is happening since greed is present everywhere. But some people are from very poor countries and are working under their bosses to scam other people, they really have no choice but to do it. I've heard of several "click farm" institutions where workers are exploited to spam and scam 24/7. While being poor is not an excuse to things like that, it definitely helps. But yes, all in all we should take precautions and try to minimalize scamming ourselves.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

Well, at this point I think that if you get scammed into a bounty campaign, it is really your fault. There is much more knowledge nowadays than just 2 years ago. We know that a lot of ico and bounty campaigns are scam project. So, the simplest thing to do is to just a little research. Check the website, Chek the tram, check each and every member of the development team and you will know pretty soon if the project is legit or it is a scam project aiming to just steal your time and tokens

Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:10:27 PM

I just have this feeling that scammers do not have conscience. Have it been they have, they would have thought of it twice before reaping their fellow humans what belongs to them. Sometimes, these scammers just duplicate the entries of sincere hunters. It has also happened to me. There were times I look at the spreadsheet and discover that someone had used my details, except the ethereum address which is changed.
Tistergis

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:22:15 PM

This year it became the mass phenomenon. It is necessary to take urgently measures differently fraud priobrt unprecedented scales and will frighten off investors.

◦◦○○●●●   KAMAGAMES TOKEN SALE   ●●●○○◦◦       
║   100M PLAYERS   ║   $57M REVENUE   ║   63% ANNUAL GROWTH   ║
●●●●●●   Join our TOKEN SALE and get + 20% BONUS!   ●●●●●●
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:25:57 PM

It is all correct but for how many times it was told here?

They are making it like a group work.
A group of people which have a lot of accounts and then joining every bounties. Either social, telegram, signature and even the translation have been entered now but done in worse quality.

Admin or you could say managers cannot really take that amount of people to monitor everytime. It aint really on the job description. Disciplined workers is the key to it.
MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:34:05 PM

Yes, now there are a lot of scams and a lot of different frauds on the part of scammers. Therefore, you need to be very careful when participating in bounty campaigns.

the more gifts, of course more and more crimes are always developing. because today many gifts have been exploited by bad people as a cover for fraud.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:54:35 PM

The bounty manager should be resposible for that , and to be honest, it is difficult for him to deal with such issue when there are thousands of participants, specially in twitter and telegram, so other participants can help as you mentioned, because it will reflect on their rewards anyway.
I suggest allocating a part of the bounty campaign tokens for the participants who manage to uncover bots or connected accounts in that campaign.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:02:44 PM

It is happening because there is a lot of money to be made from bounty campaign, in fact, you can set up a company for bounty campaign alone or you will get rich if you are into a lot of campaigns because there are too many ICO around now, it is very profitable indeed but like what you said you should protect your works.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:19:07 PM

It would be very correct, but unfortunately not everyone will adhere to these rules. Responsible bounty managers who perform their work qualitatively is not enough. It is better to rely only on yourself and own to check your reports.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

There are cheaters everywhere and in a program that allows people to make easy money like airdrops, this is bound to be a target for scammers who aim to use running jeans to acquire tokens or coins.
Cheaters using bots, however, have gotten easier to get and track and I think bounty and project managers  owe it to their community to stop all this cheaters.

SloveNing
Copper Member

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:52:17 PM

airdrop campaigns can be manipulated because the conditions are easy to just register an email once and that can be done with bots, but for bounty campaigns it is difficult to manipulate because there are many rules that prevent scammer behavior, especially handled by experienced bounty managers, the scammer will be known but we must still be diligent in checking spreadsheets.
basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:10:36 AM

it really pisses you off because you work honestly and others just make money by fraud

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:16:25 AM

Hopefully, I think my bounty campaign will weed out most of the scammers. Every person who takes part in the bounty will have to raise 200 dollars through there referral link to receive there bounty at the end of the campaign.So fake accounts with fake users won't are no good to you unless u raise that 200 dollars  Grin

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 01:31:17 AM

These are the reasons why I never join bounties that do not protect their bounty hunters, there is bounty campaign that you will need a verification before you can join this is good they can easily trace who are cheating their bounty campaign, I hope all bounty managers will apply this.

Yes, there are too many scammers in the bounty campaigns that the one who manage the campaign should be more strict when checking the entries because there are times when the author perhaps of an article is the one who will end up not being credited and the one who just copied his article is the one who received the coin. There should be a strict checking of the entries but due to the fact that there are so many participants in the campaign then the manager may not be able to check some entries that may result to the hunters being disappointed.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 01:44:47 AM

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...

Even if they scam the bounty, it still boils down to the sales of the project in the end. Unless the project becomes successful the tokens they will receive or even eth or other main crypto as payment would only be their possession.

Jaka.Sembuh

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:49:31 AM

with the number of scammers in the bounty program, of course, it will hurt the participants who are honest in participating in a bounty and I see project managers now anticipating it by requiring bounty participants to verify KYC before accepting their rewards and I think this is enough to reduce scammers this time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: