Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 04:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organized crime in bounties...  (Read 1477 times)
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 09:10:14 PM

The worst bounty is the telegram bounties. It is clearly bots that swallow up the spreadsheet and it's obvious because they all register at the same time. They should be deleted but the bounty manager just leaves them be

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 03:11:01 PM

I think KYC procedure can't resolve the problem at all. Often KYC procedure in bounties is to use just scan of primary document like passport. For example many bank and insurance staff have an access to a lot of that documents. So they easely can use fake personal data.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 03:56:06 PM

I think you are right about the bounty managers, if a campaign spreadsheet is updated time to time you hardly see those cheaters existing in such campaigns. Have done more than two projects where I found that my bitcointalk username is already registered with someone else details.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 05:31:06 PM

mostly bounty manager only care about the number of participant that join bounty they manage, they didn't even bother to check is their participant doing their task properly or just spaming all they check was their report.
so to solve this problem
1. they should limit bounty participant.
2. start KYC at the start of bounty to discern real hunter and cheater that using multi account.
3. increase their man power to really check every post or comment that hunter made.
4. spam post or comment will made hunter removed all their stakes from bounty.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 08:59:13 PM

This is really very bad and it means bounties is bringing bad name to cryptocurrencies than icos itself.  Since June last year I refuse to invest in icos and since November last year I have abandoned bounties because of the scaming activities in it.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:10:55 PM

I think this fraudulent practices associated with bounty hunting comes from all the way up. It is being perpetuated by even the bounty managers. When project gives them rewards for hunters, they often tend to keep a whole for themselves and then distribute very little to the hunters hence shortchanging them for tasks performed. I am not saying this act is done by all bounty managers, there are still some credible ones out there but most of them aren't credible. Recently, I participated in a bounty that got maximum participation but the BM distributed just 20% of the allocation and kept the balance of 80% all to himself. This rot goes way down and it seems nothing can be done about it.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:14:39 PM

This is my first time knowing those things! I think scammers would really do everything for a huge amount of money even it took a lot of effort
I encountered a bounty spreadsheet flooded by fake information for telegram campaign, probably a scammers doing.

Scammers finding ways to cheat in a Bounty Campaigns to earn huge amount of tokens some of them using another participants username to cheat,so much better that the project conduct KYC so that no cheaters cannot make any crime's in a Campaign.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:27:29 PM

I think that it will be difficult to fight with multi-accounts in social networks. If you make a restriction on the number of participants, this may not give such advertising as may be if there are many users in the bounty.
Rockkey

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:42:03 PM

These are all rather necessary remarks, but first of all all these recommendations should be addressed to bounty managers. Because it depends on them for the most part that all the necessary conditions are met in order to prevent random people or bots from getting into the bounty.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:44:55 PM

I think that it will be difficult to fight with multi-accounts in social networks. If you make a restriction on the number of participants, this may not give such advertising as may be if there are many users in the bounty.
There are different type of scammers so finding them one by one is not feasible solution. Applying KYC is better idea because of filtering cheaters before distributing tokens. Bounty payments are used for dumping token's price which has high role for development of project.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:24:03 PM

I have always know airdrops tone full on bots, so I am not surprised at that.
At some points, I used to wonder how some people got their tokens in million, while the normal distribution per individual us just in hundred.
This also extended to bounty and a lot of not accounts on social media bounty.
The bounties that could not use bot were impersonating, duplicating other people's entries.
Dannev

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:36:42 PM

You stated it nicely. To add to that, bounty managers should also close the forms for new entries once it's one week to the end of the bounty. That's when most of the said scammers enter good bounties.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:42:23 PM

There's big money to be made in bounties but that was then now with so many bounty participants in article and content making you hardly can hardly make decent earnings and sometimes these campaign turn out to be a scam ICO or a big failure in the market.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 768
Merit: 121

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:49:30 PM

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops
But i think, im not agree or no3. There are still many legit airdrop, so airdrop not wasting time. And also the task is so simple

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...
I agree with last poin, sometimes bounty manager not update the stake. Also some managers provide stakes evenly without checking one by one

For me join in bountyhive is one of the solution, their support is so good and so active so they can help give information about the project

Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:50:31 PM

This is my first time knowing those things! I think scammers would really do everything for a huge amount of money even it took a lot of effort
I encountered a bounty spreadsheet flooded by fake information for telegram campaign, probably a scammers doing.

Scammers finding ways to cheat in a Bounty Campaigns to earn huge amount of tokens some of them using another participants username to cheat,so much better that the project conduct KYC so that no cheaters cannot make any crime's in a Campaign.
It is true that doing KYC minimizes the occurrence of fraud in following the bounty, but still can be tricked by using other people's identities because KYC can still be manipulated.
Saisher

Activity: 2324
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:03:56 PM

It's still up to bounty manager's skill to trace those cheaters, if the bounty manager is working alone it will be hard to trace all those bounty hunters who cheat the bounty, this is one of the reasons why should hire staff to fully check all the submissions
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:19:13 AM

isn't Kyc made to minimize the occurrence of this kind of scammer? if you can't solve this problem, then there must be something safer.
investtra

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:50:26 AM

Thank you for your submission because it opens our eyes to be more careful in doing work. There are many scammers in the crypto world. And that certainly makes it difficult for all bounty hunters and decreases the quality of prizes.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:44:16 AM

this is the digital world, in this forum it's full of scamming.
As for the way you conveyed above, it might only be able to reduce the scamming but can't stop them.
I agree with you we must care more about being able to build a good and strong community.
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:00:22 AM

this scammer is big shit in the bounty campaign, they want to get income from other works and so disgusting and incouraging also  that until now this was not yet stop. Hope this forum found the solution to block those scammers continue to expand population in this forum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: