Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542196 times)
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

HELP HELP!

I imported my private key and the corresponding Heavycoin address showed up in the wallet, after I restarted the wallet. Although the correct address showed up, my account is still says zero.....

Run your wallet once with the -rescan command line option.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:26:39 PM

You guys are talking about cryptsy, and this thing is a day out of release with one working pool who had to release their own miner for itl!?  The official pool isn't even online yet!  That speaks volumes about the competency of these devs.  I wouldn't touch this coin, much less vote for it on cryptsy.  

+1 - think about what will happen when there is a hack or attack. Will these same developers be able to handle it? I doubt it. They couldn't even get pools up 16 hours after launch and this is supposed to be fair and decentralized? LOL
delusiona1

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:28:10 PM

Ok I got my IPO via procedure 1 please see the information below! (OSX) 

All the parts where it says "Bitcoin-Qt" just put "Heavycoin-QT" Make sure the files are in the correct directory.

You need to do,
Code:
$ ./Applications/Bitcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Bitcoin-Qt -rescan

The OSX wallet below works!

Heavycoin Mac OS X Wallet

Here's the fixed Heavycoin Mac OS X Qt Wallet. I've sent details on the fixes to keccak512, who, among several things, is currently trying to service all the IPO procedure 2 investors. The/an updated wallet should be featured on the ANN and on the site asap.

Meanwhile, working build:

https://mega.co.nz/#!xVpgSTJJ!13hrUCOhlFbM1s4v3pS9FUxGOhXFsfkxUYX-wZpHaxY

mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unpady0ny7jor3h/Heavycoin-Qt-MacOSX-update.zip

zip sha256: 6dd54eeed4fed7663b705d12ab890248089b9c242146c2d67448be3368ae49ce

HVC: HAccgXrfMZdTsMZss47dAqZ82trPoeiiB7
BTC: 14SoM653x2iEEipDcHchimBfFXwbQUZ3fh
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

+1

You guys are talking about cryptsy, and this thing is a day out of release with one working pool who had to release their own miner for itl!?  The official pool isn't even online yet!  That speaks volumes about the competency of these devs.  I wouldn't touch this coin, much less vote for it on cryptsy.  

+1 - think about what will happen when there is a hack or attack. Will these same developers be able to handle it? I doubt it. They couldn't even get pools up 16 hours after launch and this is supposed to be fair and decentralized? LOL

Frankie, have u even looked into the code once?
This coin has the most innovative features of any Bitcoin follower since a long time, the work done is clearly done by someone who knows what hes doing. the amount of hatred here (derived from frustration of the launch, I do understand that) actually makes no sense. who are u to judge "the developers"? are u a developer?

sincerely,
eightspaces
zhpool

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:42:32 PM

any progress about stratum mining and mpos fork?

Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:45:48 PM

anyone know why i can't get the hvc.1gh miner working? it doesnt seem to do anything...i'm using WinXP 32-bit Pro:

minerd.exe -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://hvc.1gh.com:5333 -u <wallet> -p <password>
eightspaces

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:45:57 PM

any progress about stratum mining and mpos fork?

zhpool i can only agree on this x1000
this should have been finished yesterday already. atm 1gh most likely has 51%+
keccak512 & nomisugi provide this A S A P plz. essential!!

anyone know why i can't get the hvc.1gh miner working? it doesnt seem to do anything...i'm using WinXP 32-bit Pro:

minerd.exe -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://hvc.1gh.com:5333 -u <wallet> -p <password>

did u download this: http://hvcdl.1gh.com/cpuminer-windows.zip ?
"doesnt seem to do anything"? screenshot?
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:48:42 PM

+1

Frankie, have u even looked into the code once?
This coin has the most innovative features of any Bitcoin follower since a long time, the work done is clearly done by someone who knows what hes doing. the amount of hatred here (derived from frustration of the launch, I do understand that) actually makes no sense. who are u to judge "the developers"? are u a developer?

sincerely,
eightspaces

What innovation? Keeping this coin CPU only? A democratic voting process? The launch failed. The big boys got the early coins at early difficulties at the expense of the smaller guys struggling to compile code just to be able to have an opportunity.

What you mean is this coin COULD HAVE had some great potential if it was indeed launched fairly but it wasn't. The developer and his buddies were mining all the coins while all the small guys struggled to compile code because the developers couldn't get it done on time. There's no reason to cut them any slack. They made 100k USD off the project for a week or two or work. The project was half-assed at best. Amateur developers used decentralization and democratic means of voting for block-reward-size but guess what? That wasn't true at launch. A few large miners (the developers and his buddies) got to mine all the early coin. They jacked up the difficulty levels very quickly. Nobody except the very wealthy really had a shot at mining at difficulty level 1. That's not fair & democratic. That's the same shit as all the other scamcoins that come out - trying to appeal to emotion while focusing on getting rich quick. This coin is gonna go nowhere fast. Just wait till an attack happens and the incompetent developer is relying on you and the other users to fix it.

16 hours after launch and still just one pool available. There is nothing decentralized or democratic about that. Nothing at all. It's a shame though because if it was a fair and equal launch, this coin could easily have surpassed many others simply because of one word: EQUALITY. Equality among users and miners is something no other coin offers. The developers of this coin tried to play on that appeal to users. At the end of the day, the promises were broken. There's no correcting those mistakes. That was obvious as soon as the price flopped below IPO price.
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

I do not think so. I have been mining there for a while and I have had no problems so far:

[2014-03-09 17:50:15] accepted: 2414/2467 (97.85%), 99.32 khash/s (yay!!!)

You are on the wrong page - http://hvc.1gh.com/

the hcvpool is the stratum address. the web address is hvc.1gh.com
eightspaces

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:54:04 PM

What innovation? Keeping this coin CPU only? A democratic voting process? The launch failed. The big boys got the early coins at early difficulties at the expense of the smaller guys struggling to compile code just to be able to have an opportunity.

What you mean is this coin COULD HAVE had some great potential if it was indeed launched fairly but it wasn't. The developer and his buddies were mining all the coins while all the small guys struggled to compile code because the developers couldn't get it done on time. There's no reason to cut them any slack. They made 100k USD off the project for a week or two or work. The project was half-assed at best. Amateur developers used decentralization and democratic means of voting for block-reward-size but guess what? That wasn't true at launch. A few large miners (the developers and his buddies) got to mine all the early coin. They jacked up the difficulty levels very quickly. Nobody except the very wealthy really had a shot at mining at difficulty level 1. That's not fair & democratic. That's the same shit as all the other scamcoins that come out - trying to appeal to emotion while focusing on getting rich quick. This coin is gonna go nowhere fast. Just wait till an attack happens and the incompetent developer is relying on you and the other users to fix it.

i disagree with you. as there were no pools after launch, difficulty went up quickly fast... nobody had the chance to instamine the coin as ALL had wallet mining only. btw if u have a background in development u would know that u can by no means create this coins implementation in two weeks.. I am a very small fish but i mined from the beginning and i am good to go (even got some blocks solo). i am still mining now at 1gh. this coin sets itself apart from the standard copyclone in the forum by far. now there are some people who are completely frustrated and i can understand that because they are angry at the launch. understandable. but criticizing the development of the coin and "wait til an attack happens and the incompetent developer" etc., sentences like this, its just funny man. the fact that u are posting here proves that u have some reason to give hvc attention. anyway good luck to u. to each his own, i endorse that!!

FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:59:50 PM

i disagree with you. as there were no pools after launch, difficulty went up quickly fast... nobody had the chance to instamine the coin as ALL had wallet mining only. btw if u have a background in development u would know that u can by no means create this coins implementation in two weeks.. I am a very small fish but i mined from the beginning and i am good to go (even got some blocks solo). i am still mining now at 1gh. this coin sets itself apart from the standard copyclone in the forum by far. now there are some people who are completely frustrated and i can understand that because they are angry at the launch. understandable. but criticizing the development of the coin and "wait til an attack happens and the incompetent developer" etc., sentences like this, its just funny man. the fact that u are posting here proves that u have some reason to give hvc attention. anyway good luck to u. to each his own, i endorse that!!

What? Have you seen the code? It's sloppy as hell. The labels don't make sense. There's few notes/comments in the code itself. The coin set itself apart before it launched as a coin with some good ideas. The implementation and launch failed miserably. That's why the original thread had to be locked.

1. How could the difficulty level have increased so quickly if nobody was mining? That makes no sense. People were indeed mining. The developers and his buddies were mining along with a few people who had 1000 cpus or 500 cpus. They got the early coins. Mining was going on for 12 hours before the first pool was up with all the smaller users getting no blocks. Only those with 50+ CPUs got blocks before 1gh was up.

2. 18 hours after launch, still no pool.

2. something like 8% of the total was pre-mined.

3. You are a complete fool if you don't believe that there are a lot of ways to exploit this coin. Oh, that's right. Your programming skills are probably as poor as your grammar. I'm out of this thread. This shit is amateur hour.
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:05:17 PM

anyone?? the minerd doesnt do anything when i run it...
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:05:26 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 12:59:27 PM by instacash

What? Have you seen the code? It's sloppy as hell. The labels don't make sense. There's few notes/comments in the code itself. The coin set itself apart before it launched as a coin with some good ideas. The implementation and launch failed miserably. That's why the original thread had to be locked.

1. How could the difficulty level have increased so quickly if nobody was mining? That makes no sense. People were indeed mining. The developers and his buddies were mining along with a few people who had 1000 cpus or 500 cpus. They got the early coins. Mining was going on for 12 hours before the first pool was up with all the smaller users getting no blocks. Only those with 50+ CPUs got blocks before 1gh was up.

3. You are a complete fool if you don't believe that there are a lot of ways to exploit this coin. Oh, that's right. Your programming skills are probably as poor as your grammar. I'm out of this thread. This shit is amateur hour.

FrankieSaysRelax, your points are mostly wrong. There's no need to be that angry. I usually don't do this, but let me please:

The code is not sloppy (I do have a development background as well); good code does not necessarily need comments; implementation is fine. The original thread was locked by keccak512 himself cause it's a pre-ANN thread which is continued here in the ANN thread.

1. difficulty level increased quickly as wallets were being fired up because everyone was solo-mining (with the wallet). This lead to equal distribution of block rewards according to hash power. There was no chance to instamine the coin in an unfair manner.

2. there is a pool at 1gh. other than that, yes, it's indeed suboptimal that no stratum implementation is up yet but it shortly will. It should have been finished yesterday, but it is actually not an easy task and you can rest assured it is being worked on with highest priority.

3. there was an IPO to kickstart the coin and there's bounty premine to set up rewards in order to improve HVC's infrastructure. everything is transparent and carefully arranged.

Judging from your posts I do not believe that you have knowledge in development.

Be well
neonemu

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:11:03 PM

The developers and his buddies were mining along with a few people who had 1000 cpus or 500 cpus. They got the early coins.

Show us your proof of this.  Or, you can stop spreading FUD.

You're absolutely right.  There was way too much work put in to this coin for it to be a week.  I honestly remember a few launches I was part of and a lot of them were delayed or lacked features at the start.  A lot of coins didn't have some or all aspects and features that they enjoy now at launch.

For those that really feel like spreading FUD:
These were not superficial changes to a QT like a lot of coins do.  There was a serious overhaul and redevelopment.  That, IMO is worth the IPO cost.  Innovation does not come from copying what has done before.  This wasn't a reworking of Scrypt or Sha based coin.  If you like this, great, support it.  If you don't, don't.
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

FrankieSaysRelax, your points are mostly wrong. I usually don't do this, but let me please:

The code is not sloppy (I work as developer); good code does not need notes; implementation is fine. The original thread was locked by keccak512 himself cause it's a pre-ANN thread that is continued here in the ANN thread.

1. difficulty level increased quickly because everyone was mining with the wallet after launch. This lead to equal distribution of block rewards. there was no chance to instamine the coin in an unfair manner.
2. there is a pool at 1gh. other than that, yes, its suboptimal that no stratum implementation is up yet but it shortly will. It is not an easy task and you can rest assured it is being worked on.
3. there was an IPO to kickstart the coin as well as premine to set up bounties (which is done) in order to improve HVC's infrastructure
4. Judging from your posts I do not believe that you have knowledge in development

Be well

Code is sloppy. If you can't see that, that is your fault and speaks about your skill.

1. That's not the point. The point was WHO was able to mine it - especially considering that it was pitched as fairly decentralized and distributed - which was the ONLY reason this coin would have had a chance to be successful. That did not turn out to be the case - that is a fact. You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

2. One pool came up after 12 full hours of solo mining by the big guys. "suboptimal"Huh The whole premise of the coin is a democratic system of voting. Only the big guys got votes in during that period. Votes that would keep block rewards as high as possible to keep small guys from getting even 1 coin. So you have all those you claimed that downloaded the wallet to mine who, in reality, were not mining anything. This guaranteed the launch was not democratic or fair in any way, shape, form, scope, measure or capacity. The first large miners got to "set the playing field". What type of democratic voting system is based off 1% of votes counting? You don't think that sorta defies the pitch of "decentralized currency"?? These guys got a HUGE head start over everyone else. How is that democratic or decentralized?

3. By infrastructure, I assume you mean the pockets of the developers. The infrastructure failed at launch. Pools are still not up 18 hours later. That is not good infrastructure. That is failure.

4. Make any assumption you want. You are obviously just desperately attempting to defend the coin which means 1. you have been involved early and are trying to protect your time/money investment. That's completely reasonable but it's not a good excuse to deny reality.

5. All the desperation and attempts to keep people interested failed. Price is down 70% from open. (currently around  0.065 mBTC).

LOL Heavycoin....more like HeavyDream
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:16:55 PM

Try vote 1024. The pool might be blocking low votes.

You also have the wrong server address. It should be hvcpool.1gh.com:5333

hcv.1gh is the web URL
Shuxy

Activity: 217

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

Hey keccak512: Sent you a PM regarding my bounty Smiley!
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

hcv.1gh is the web URL

thanks for the info but still no difference. I tried the latest cpuminer with the -a sha256d option and it seems to run fine, obviously doesnt' work for HVC, so it seems that it might be something with the 'heavy' option.
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

hcv.1gh is the web URL

thanks for the info but still no difference. I tried the latest cpuminer with the -a sha256d option and it seems to run fine, obviously doesnt' work for HVC, so it seems that it might be something with the 'heavy' option.

Are you using the software from their page?
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:22:54 PM

hcv.1gh is the web URL

Are you using the software from their page?

try having your password as one word if you didnt already, that made the miner not work for me initially. might not help but thought I would mention it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: