Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542198 times)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:46:08 PM

any news when the stratum will be up?

Last I heard the DEVs were sleeping. Seems to me they have been asleep since getting 173 BTC as front money for two weeks work.

HeavyFailCoin
HeavyShitCoin

Those names are more appropriate.

So much incompetence and brown-nosing shill work here it is laughable.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:46:39 PM

Dev went to rest. Modern day Rip Van Winkle?
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

I sincerely doubt the devs at HVC committed fraud.

They had a hiccup with the launch.

Now it is out of there hands what people do to try to mine the coin.

I honestly believe they delivered on their promise - albeit a small hiccup. That is all.

Strato

HVC:  HRWh3ZpL4ZhGVCM2pS7W98isgoKNLVA4Vw
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:47:34 PM

If the shoe fits, wear it, lowlife

your arguments lack cohesion, im pretty sure the shoe only fits in your blinkered little world. This is you - "boo hoo Ive got a shit pc and havent been able to make million off mining cryptocurrency".

Actually, it's more like you're the one crying saying "boo hoo ... you were mislead and some of you were defrauded but what's wrong with that? As long as I profit, fuck the ones who were misled"

who has been mislead? nobody at all, I don't have a huge setup but at the same time i'm not naive enough to think that you can get something out of absolutely nothing. Please carry on inbreeding in your family as it's clearly adding to your intellect, lol.

So if someone invests in something being told "it is fully decentralized and distributed" but then find out it's one man in his mom's basement doing all the work, it doesn't constitute fraud? You may be just some chump low-grade miner but there are people who invested money and lost because the developers flat out lied about how the launch would go and then depended on the community to fix what he could not do on his own while he got paid 100% of the money and got to make sure the mining was distributed disproportionately. That's immoral regardless what excuse you make up for it. Can't really blame you though, I blame your your parents, Ching & Chong.

I think it's a moot point if the coin was launched by a guy in his Mom's basement. That fact, irregardless of if it's true; would not make the IPO and release of this coin fraud. Fraud is deliberately deceiving someone you are making a deal with in order to gain an advantage.  1.) In a sense, all IPOs are in a fraud- as the insiders have the certain advantage. They are selling "phantom ownership" and get all the cash up front. 2.) A botched launch doesn't constitute fraud either; as it would have to prove the delay was intentional. I doubt it was, they likely had issues. 3.) The mining after launch was just fine. While I didn't invest in the IPO; I did find 2 blocks with just 1 Dual Xeon in the first day.  

By investing in an IPO, stocks, coins, or whatever; you run the risk of loss from the get go. However, look at Facebook:  

Facebook suffered a botched launch.

Stock suffered during first month or two.

Now it is trading at nearly double it's IPO price.

Strato

I AGREE. It did constitute fraud the minute it was determined the launch wouldn't be postponed despite knowing there was no access for miners. If you're selling someone a blue shirt and send them a yellow one, you did commit fraud by knowingly misrepresenting the product. Now, if you sold that shirt and sent a yellow one missing the buttons and with a ripped collar, you have what Heavycoin is. Just another instamine Scamcoin.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Last I heard the DEVs were sleeping. Seems to me they have been asleep since getting 173 BTC as front money for two weeks work.

HeavyFailCoin
HeavyShitCoin

I am curious.  What would you have rather seen them do post launch?  Specifically speaking. What exact things would/could they have done?
kukukuk

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:48:54 PM

FrankieSaysRelax, your points are mostly wrong. There's no need to be that angry. I usually don't do this, but let me please:

The code is not sloppy (I'm developer); good code does not necessarily need comments; implementation is fine. The original thread was locked by keccak512 himself cause it's a pre-ANN thread which is continued here in the ANN thread.

1. difficulty level increased quickly as wallets were being fired up because everyone was solo-mining (with the wallet). This lead to equal distribution of block rewards according to hash power. There was no chance to instamine the coin in an unfair manner.

2. there is a pool at 1gh. other than that, yes, it's indeed suboptimal that no stratum implementation is up yet but it shortly will. It should have been finished yesterday, but it is actually not an easy task and you can rest assured it is being worked on with highest priority.

3. there was an IPO to kickstart the coin as well and there's bounty premine to set up rewards in order to improve HVC's infrastructure. everything is transparent and carefully arranged.

Judging from your posts I do not believe that you have knowledge in development.

Be well

Without comments in public code or team built code it is crap.
Very few solo miners got anything. Solo mining is a fail with this coin.
Only large miners with CPU farms or a bot farm got coins. What you are saying is a lie and that is 100% fact!
With an IPO like these crooks received there is simply no excuse for not having software and pools set to go.

Judging from your posts you are either a Shill for the Devs, A Dev using a separate account, an IPO holder, or dumb as a post.
If you worked as a Developer for me you would be fired if you somehow managed to get hired.

Obvious troll is obvious.

THIS COIN IS A 100% FAIL. DEVS ARE CROOKS!

+1
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:49:02 PM

HeavyFailCoin
HeavyShitCoin

+1. Funny thing is, those with large amount of coins are so desperate to try to keep this alive, the lengths they are going to to convince themselves this was a successful launch border on delusional.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:54:22 PM

HeavyFailCoin
HeavyShitCoin

I am curious.  What would you have rather seen them do post launch?  Specifically speaking. What exact things would/could they have done?

- Bounties for faucets, games, etc
- Help the pools get going
- Release binaries for all OS
- Mac wallets
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:54:41 PM

your arguments lack cohesion, im pretty sure the shoe only fits in your blinkered little world. This is you - "boo hoo Ive got a shit pc and havent been able to make million off mining cryptocurrency".

Actually, it's more like you're the one crying saying "boo hoo ... you were mislead and some of you were defrauded but what's wrong with that? As long as I profit, fuck the ones who were misled"

who has been mislead? nobody at all, I don't have a huge setup but at the same time i'm not naive enough to think that you can get something out of absolutely nothing. Please carry on inbreeding in your family as it's clearly adding to your intellect, lol.

So if someone invests in something being told "it is fully decentralized and distributed" but then find out it's one man in his mom's basement doing all the work, it doesn't constitute fraud? You may be just some chump low-grade miner but there are people who invested money and lost because the developers flat out lied about how the launch would go and then depended on the community to fix what he could not do on his own while he got paid 100% of the money and got to make sure the mining was distributed disproportionately. That's immoral regardless what excuse you make up for it. Can't really blame you though, I blame your your parents, Ching & Chong.

I think it's a moot point if the coin was launched by a guy in his Mom's basement. That fact, irregardless of if it's true; would not make the IPO and release of this coin fraud. Fraud is deliberately deceiving someone you are making a deal with in order to gain an advantage.  1.) In a sense, all IPOs are in a fraud- as the insiders have the certain advantage. They are selling "phantom ownership" and get all the cash up front. 2.) A botched launch doesn't constitute fraud either; as it would have to prove the delay was intentional. I doubt it was, they likely had issues. 3.) The mining after launch was just fine. While I didn't invest in the IPO; I did find 2 blocks with just 1 Dual Xeon in the first day.  

By investing in an IPO, stocks, coins, or whatever; you run the risk of loss from the get go. However, look at Facebook:  

Strato

I AGREE. It did constitute fraud the minute it was determined the launch wouldn't be postponed despite knowing there was no access for miners. If you're selling someone a blue shirt and send them a yellow one, you did commit fraud by knowingly misrepresenting the product. Now, if you sold that shirt and sent a yellow one missing the buttons and with a ripped collar, you have what Heavycoin is. Just another instamine Scamcoin.

No I'm sorry; and I speak with experience in the legal arena. Failure to mitigate does not constitute fraud. Fraud must occur at the outset; prior to entering into the IPO. I think what you are mean is that they are guilty of negligence by failing to mitigate problems which occurred with the launch. That however is a stretch as well. Fraud from a legal standpoint is extremely difficult to prove. The basis for fraud is proving that the damaging party intended to cause harm; prior to entering into the agreement. Meaning your shirt theory:  You would have to prove... PROVE... that the shirt store knowingly and intentionally took your money with the intention of making you think you would get a blue shirt; and prior to taking your money; had planned to send you a yellow shirt. Again; even this wouldn't be accepted as fraud in any court I know of. Perhaps a violation of a consumer protection act.... I'm rambling. Wink  Lets all move on folks and make some coin! Smiley

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:55:48 PM

HeavyFailCoin
HeavyShitCoin

I am curious.  What would you have rather seen them do post launch?  Specifically speaking. What exact things would/could they have done?

With the funding that they had they should have had everything tested and ready to roll out. No excuse for that. BUT worse case scenario they should have postponed the release. Simple as that.

If this had been a stock release on NASDAQ the lawyers, regulators, and police would already be lined up to extract their pound of flesh. As I type right now there is no official mining client for pool access. The early blocks were raided by industrial strength miners. It is developers like this that give a bad name to cryptocurrency which will eventually lead to government interference and regulation.

Just wait until regulators make coin developers pay a huge upfront cost to be approved to be listed on a government regulated exchange...this coin will be a great shining example for them to use.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:57:59 PM

FrankieSaysRelax, your points are mostly wrong. There's no need to be that angry. I usually don't do this, but let me please:

The code is not sloppy (I'm developer); good code does not necessarily need comments; implementation is fine. The original thread was locked by keccak512 himself cause it's a pre-ANN thread which is continued here in the ANN thread.

1. difficulty level increased quickly as wallets were being fired up because everyone was solo-mining (with the wallet). This lead to equal distribution of block rewards according to hash power. There was no chance to instamine the coin in an unfair manner.

2. there is a pool at 1gh. other than that, yes, it's indeed suboptimal that no stratum implementation is up yet but it shortly will. It should have been finished yesterday, but it is actually not an easy task and you can rest assured it is being worked on with highest priority.

3. there was an IPO to kickstart the coin as well and there's bounty premine to set up rewards in order to improve HVC's infrastructure. everything is transparent and carefully arranged.

Judging from your posts I do not believe that you have knowledge in development.

Be well

Only large miners with CPU farms or a bot farm got coins. What you are saying is a lie and that is 100% fact!
With an IPO like these crooks received there is simply no excuse for not having software and pools set to go.

Judging from your posts you are either a Shill for the Devs, A Dev using a separate account, an IPO holder, or dumb as a post.
If you worked as a Developer for me you would be fired if you somehow managed to get hired.

LOL first u constantly whine in the thread and now you even insult somebody who helps improve the coin for u (that guy is active in the forum and helping, i have not seen bad posts of him). how low can people get, really wicked
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

Strato

No I'm sorry; and I speak with experience in the legal arena. Failure to mitigate does not constitute fraud. Fraud must occur at the outset; prior to entering into the IPO. I think what you are mean is that they are guilty of negligence by failing to mitigate problems which occurred with the launch. That however is a stretch as well. Fraud from a legal standpoint is extremely difficult to prove. The basis for fraud is proving that the damaging party intended to cause harm; prior to entering into the agreement. Meaning your shirt theory:  You would have to prove... PROVE... that the shirt store knowingly and intentionally took your money with the intention of making you think you would get a blue shirt; and prior to taking your money; had planned to send you a yellow shirt. Again; even this wouldn't be accepted as fraud in any court I know of. Perhaps a violation of a consumer protection act.... I'm rambling. Wink  Lets all move on folks and make some coin! Smiley

Right, so now it comes down to "the developer didn't preconceive to bullshit you"...Anyone with 2 bits of common sense is going to read this and see what type of buffoons are involved in this coin. I'm done commenting. Goodluck with your Shitcoin.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:00:44 PM

Be well

LOL first u constantly whine in the thread and now you even insult somebody who helps improve the coin for u (that guy is active in the forum and helping, i have not seen bad posts of him). how low can people get, really wicked

The level of tard runs deep in this thread. The shills have come out to play. I am done here too...at least for now...I will come back from time to time to warn noobs to the coin about this shit factory that it really is. Now crawl back into your cave Igor.

shengcun

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:01:24 PM

This whole thing about fair cpu mining only is total nonsense. I tried gridcoin(the fairest for me, but they got hacked) riecoin(no pools) and now heavycoin. So who is complaining 'bout asics not being fair is nothin different with cpu mining. I am just looking in those things actually. Got myself 3 eruptor blades knowing its nothing special in the world of mining, but always better than cpu mining with an i5 laptop. When this cpu mining myth came up i was really interested in, if there may be a regulated fair mining for everyday people who interested in. The Problem is that they tried to sell people its fair and unique, but it is'nt and i believe it may be possible but not with a few try to earn everything.

Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:03:26 PM

Strato

Right, so now it comes down to "the developer didn't preconceive to bullshit you"...Anyone with 2 bits of common sense is going to read this and see what type of buffoons are involved in this coin. I'm done commenting. Goodluck with your Shitcoin.

And all I am saying is that without hard proof it is not fraud.  You shouldn't throw around that word. It has implications. In a court of law you would be more likely found guilty of Libel and/or Slander for accusing someone of Fraud without having proof.

Common sense does not enter into the equation. Do you have proof of Fraud?  No.

You are making assumptions. You are upset. You have the opinion that the devs of HVC are not honest businessmen.  You are entitled to feel that way. But I wouldn't accuse them of fraud unless you have something to back that up other than your hurt feelings.
neonemu

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:03:48 PM

With the funding that they had.

You do realize that the IPO happened after the code was already written?  Right?  So I'm not sure what 'funding' they had during development.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:04:24 PM

How much cost 1 heavy coin actually?
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:06:02 PM

This whole thing about fair cpu mining only is total nonsense. I tried gridcoin(the fairest for me, but they got hacked) riecoin(no pools) and now heavycoin. So who is complaining 'bout asics not being fair is nothin different with cpu mining. I am just looking in those things actually. Got myself 3 eruptor blades knowing its nothing special in the world of mining, but always better than cpu mining with an i5 laptop. When this cpu mining myth came up i was really interested in, if there may be a regulated fair mining for everyday people who interested in. The Problem is that they tried to sell people its fair and unique, but it is'nt and i believe it may be possible but not with a few try to earn everything.

No dev team can promise to be CPU only; all they could say is "resistant".

Thats like saying credit cards cant be hacked. Or banks cant be robbed.

People will try to crack a coin, the devs can do nothing but try to make their product resistant to such actions.

Strato

HVC:  HRWh3ZpL4ZhGVCM2pS7W98isgoKNLVA4Vw
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:17:14 PM

1GH http://hvc.1gh.com is really solid,love that pool. truly the best pool i have seen so far.
looking forward to stratum pools, the more good pools the better
seems like H6XDEeHyK1qX63jhJ5DSJALjESasnXmcsA is doing pretty well Grin

I'd love to have more cpu hash power
shengcun

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

No dev team can promise to be CPU only; all they could say is "resistant".

Thats like saying credit cards cant be hacked. Or banks cant be robbed.

People will try to crack a coin, the devs can do nothing but try to make their product resistant to such actions.

Strato

HVC:  HRWh3ZpL4ZhGVCM2pS7W98isgoKNLVA4Vw

That these things happen is not okay but some kind of normal today, sadly. And it has i good point too, if a coin can not be hacked its a solid one Wink

Sometimes a bad launch can destroy the good intentions of coindevs.

For the fairness of normal people in mining at the moment, the winner for me is definitly gridcoin, i hope they could build up their system to be very secure in the future!

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: