Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24152 times)
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:12:12 AM

I agree with you, and I think this must be fast and facilitate investors and bounty hunters to avoid scam projects,
and I hope platforms such as bountyhive and bountysuite also don't arbitrarily accept projects, so they also choose and audit which projects are legit and which are not. and this is one of the implementations of this platform.
I heard that the DAICO system could make that happen. but I don't know, I think the new regulation will be very good for the development of a more advanced ICO in the future. other than that, this can also minimize the risk of a scammer that occurs.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:53:05 AM

The regulation is definitely needed, but it won't solve all the problems, and it will definitely reduce the profit of average personal investor

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:01:50 AM

Of course they should, there's too much casual people here that's still new to investment and they are a good prey for scam ico. I've seen a lot of people lost their money because they put it in scam ico and that can be avoided or at least reduced if we have regulation regarding ico.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:10:46 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

That is a good idea but what i am more worry of is when a third party is involve in regulating the ICOs the price fluctuation might also be greatly affected.   

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:36:16 AM

It seems to me that some kind of regulation of the ICO must be created, because as many are afraid to invest. A bad reputation has been created and if this problem is not solved there will be bad consequences for the ICO.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:48:45 AM

I think ICOs are gradually being regulated because of the introduction of "know your customer" during the token sale. But I think that alone is not enough. More regulations are needed
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:20:05 PM

Yes, ICO should be regulated to help combat many of the negative problems investors go through with ICOs. It will also increase the level of trust of many people who have been acres away from ICOs.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:37:13 PM

Indeed, it is necessary because now it can be said that ico is already too much, even ico is also used by some people to make a profit by making a fictional ico and then fleeing investor funds but if this rule is implemented maybe people will be a little lazy to make new ico
SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:42:52 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

We do not need a regulator and registration of the project on the territory. With the project teachers and the team. What would be free to file a play in the palicia for such fraudsters.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:22:01 PM

I, too, that the ICO should be regulated, as well as the cryptocurrency market should be regulated, but this will not happen in the near future. I do not want to guess, but most likely it will happen only in 2020, not earlier.
manbota

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:15:48 AM

I am also sure that over time the ICO market should be regulated in some way. This approach will significantly reduce the number of scammers, restore confidence among investors and raise additional money. Because now there is a very difficult situation in the ICO market with a lot of fraudsters and distrust on the part of investors.
CrowdforAngels

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:24:46 AM

As a regulated entity that promotes token sales, I absolutely believe that the sector needs some form or regulation for both parties. This is not just to stop scams and ultimately make someone (the ICO founders) culpable. But also to ensure some form of financial reasoning for investors.

It starts with people in the ecosystem being responsible in their practice.
Hillore

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:13:08 AM

In my opinion, this will happen sooner or later. Too many unscrupulous projects that take funds from investors.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:28:07 AM

Not regulated means scams and gems. High risk, high rewards...the risk you take means you could lose everything. This is how things went last year and many got out with a lot of money. However, things being regulated more and more means there will be less risk, but also less reason to fomo in, so I assume the rewards will not be as high too. But, once btc goes towards ath again, I am almost certain people will again fomo in, thinking they are able to get rich quick.
pooja1982
Copper Member

Activity: 166

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:41:53 AM

In my view there should be regulation before launching any project of an ICO. because investor would be feel safely for investment and remain the comfort towards ICO  future. Being a crypto traders I observed that many ICO SCAM in the absence of regulation and the company  run away to closed their website. The hard money of the investors make default in crowdfunding.   

CrowdforAngels

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 05:54:41 PM

Not regulated means scams and gems. High risk, high rewards...the risk you take means you could lose everything. This is how things went last year and many got out with a lot of money. However, things being regulated more and more means there will be less risk, but also less reason to fomo in, so I assume the rewards will not be as high too. But, once btc goes towards ath again, I am almost certain people will again fomo in, thinking they are able to get rich quick.

I'd agree with your assumption and add that there is probably always going to be space for gems, but the mass market should be protected.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:02:03 PM

As a regulated entity that promotes token sales, I absolutely believe that the sector needs some form or regulation for both parties. This is not just to stop scams and ultimately make someone (the ICO founders) culpable. But also to ensure some form of financial reasoning for investors.

It starts with people in the ecosystem being responsible in their practice.
You are right, if the market of ICO projects is regulated, this means that investors will also be subject to verification and bear some responsibility. Apparently everything goes to this ...
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:05:34 PM

There have been unsubstantiated evidence as regard so called 'wide spread' scam in ICO funding! In Cryptocurrency, scam I suppose simply means I have not made profit from my investment, then the project must be scam. I agree that there should be  some sanity in ICO promotion by way of regulation which should be decentralized!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:36:01 PM

It's hard to imagine what will it be with ICO if something will regulate them. I think that it should be regulated but just to avoid the fact of scammers. But all of us know that if some law will put its nose in some sphere it is reflect badly on the prices.  Undecided
jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

Yes we totally need regulation in the market, the fact that there is no kind of regulation is the reason that we actually have so many coins right now in the market, I am talking thousands of coins and there are more pouring into the market everyday, the regulations will help to make sure that only the good projects are the ones that get published

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: