Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24149 times)
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:07:38 AM

Of course, the ICO must be regulated and I hope this will happen very soon. This will give a new life to this ICO market.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:21:50 AM

SEC already launch a serious regulation of ICO projects. Many of the projects will simply disappear after they will be asked to register their assets.

Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:23:25 AM

A reasonable regulation won't be out of place as it's become obvious that the P2P decentralized system isn't enough to increase the marketcap of cryptos and extension their prices. ICOs need to be regulated to make this space attractive to institutional investors and also to weed out the scam projects whose sole aim is to defraud the investing public.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:27:16 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

That's a good idea, I would not consider that because we are decentralized but since so many investors and bounty hunters losing their valuable time and money, we need one that will regulate ICO to audit these ICO even those rating sites are not helping investors to pick the right project to invest.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:45:26 AM

If anything needs to be regulated in Crypto space then for sure and with any doubt, it should be ICOs. Also, Bounty hunters need to be verified (KYC). In other words, everything related to ICOs needs to be verified, a lot of investors already lost interest in investing in ICOs and to be honest, no one can blame them, everything needs to be done to protect investors and gain their trust back should be done no questions asked. Look at the current status of ICOs now, it is really horrible.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:48:33 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
That's a good idea but it's really hard to control. If the headquarters of the surveillance were in the United States, founders in other countries could scam they would be able to hide in their own country. It is a difficult math problem and we have not been able to solve it yet.
CreamIce

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

Highly recommended. A lot of people believe that crypto must not be regulated as its against the concept. But, I think moderate, well-thought regulations will work in its favor. A lot of investors refrain from entering the market since they are afraid of losing their money to scams. Regulations will only boost the confidence and making someone liable for fraud will be the first step to make this happen.
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:05:37 AM

it should be adjusted. I hope that we will have an anti-phishing organization in the crypto market established. If that happens, I will donate them monthly protection money.
I really expect an SEC-like organization to be able to protect me and other investors from the risk of fraud.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

I fully agree, ICO must be regulated.  This is to protect investors from scammers.  This project is collecting money to fund their idea, so it should follow government rules regarding fund collection.  They must be registered and acknowledge by the government.   Meaning they need to have license or patent to their idea if needed.
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

It is too late to take measures to prevent fraudulent ICOs. Now nobody cares about the ICO because the market is constantly falling and everyone buys cheap altcoin. Investing ICOs is too risky at the moment and they will not do that. Also the ICO project is actually a scammer, I have not seen any ICO really well because they never give out a complete product

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:20:00 AM

Yes, they should since many people do invest in ICO which they think that it may give them a lot of profits after that, but some of them turned to scams.
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:50:11 AM

It seems to me that regulation is necessary in this market, but if regulators set too rigid limits, then this market will no longer be promising!
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:53:05 AM

If we based on facts and recent happenings in the market, i could say that government regulation is needed for ICO's in order to prevent future scams and frauds when it comes to ICO's because there are new coins and tokens which are introduced everyday.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:35:38 PM

Regulation is so much needed, it would have prevented a number of scam ICOs we've seen in the past from going on to scam people if there's a regulatory body overseeing ICOs.
henlity87

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:56:24 PM

Regulations may give better results in short-term but we can be sure about what will happen in long term as this may kill core concept of entire crypto-currency world; decentralization. The high level of scam you have mentioned could be avoided if you do your own research and analysis. Hence, asking for regulation is not good in my opinion.
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

You've already answered your question and I agree with you. I hope that some news is going to come in the next months.
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

thats what we want to make ico industry more legit and secure. lot of scams are happening daily. so regulating ico is great thing for investors. i hope that will happen for all icos from any country.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:18:54 PM

i believe that yes tjis is true and peopel should regulate soem icos as there are so many scammers right now an dthis is dangerous

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:19:44 PM

thats what we want to make ico industry more legit and secure. lot of scams are happening daily. so regulating ico is great thing for investors. i hope that will happen for all icos from any country.
hut there are always two sides of the medal amd we should think of bad consequences of the letting peopel regulate icos

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
aldencio

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:21:20 PM

tjat is a contraversary thing as there are many advantategies on the one hand but on the other hand there are many minuses about it

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: