Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:41:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24152 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:38:04 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 11:41:46 AM by Juggy777

I strongly agree, investors should be protected, because without the crypto investor not going to live, investor trust in crypto must continue to be maintained, where when the system can be used, it looks like investors will feel happy and relieved, not afraid of being exposed to fraud again

I feel Ico's should be regulated for the safety of it's investors as many Ico's have turned scam, I feel this has severely dented investors confidence in the crypto market. I would like to see a separate body formed for the regulations of Ico's, and one whose rules apply to all countries otherwise it would be difficult to prosecute an Ico's owner. It'll be interesting going ahead to see who's the regulator, and under which regulations can the Ico's owners be prosecuted.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syypro

Activity: 368
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:02:12 AM

On the same G20 decided to regulate CryptoWorld. This also affected ICO. Many countries have already tightened the conditions for the ICO. And I think that's right.

grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:19:24 AM

This will be a good regulation if it can be realized. investors need to comfort and freedom to invest with what makes them interested and of course, they need protection for it. of course everyone knows that a lot of investors getting a little fear in selecting ICO naturally because it is caused by the scam that is quite a lot going on on the field of crypto.
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:23:27 AM

I do not care anymore, because now I fear the crypto market is collapsing, maybe in the future, the market will no longer exist ICO because no one dared to invest in ICO half.

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:42:21 AM

I agree.  The body that should regulate ICO is undoubtedly needed, only there are fears that such bodies will tighten the nuts so that it will not be beneficial at all!
audyearls

Activity: 215
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

indeed it is a good idea to reduce the level of the ico project that is scam, but maybe no one will be able to be part of the responsible body, because the responsibility is very large and also when there are still scams of ico projects they have to return investment money from investors who invest in the scam project, according to me it will require a lot of capital.
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:39:23 AM

ICOs market brings a lot of chaos in the crypto currencies industry. There are too many projects that are simply fraud and that are trying to scam people here. We need some kind of a regulation to protect ourselves from such ICOs.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:41:17 AM

I think the ICO market is in great need of legal supervision because I think this year's bear market is caused by ICO fraudsters! They have caused countless investors to lose their property!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

The rampant scams in the land of crypto made crypto dirty. They are the person who are trying to say leave crypto immediately as long as you can because there is a chance that you are the next victim. However, they are also the reason why we need not to be lazy. ICO's doing their best to regulate their own business boundaries as much as they can that is why there were project that change the terms and rules such as from no need KYC into KYC IS A MUST.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:53:11 AM

I think they should be definitely regulated, as there are a lot of scams on the market, and this damages the crypto market.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
That is a good idea! There are also platforms that minimize such risks associated with some projects failing to meet their expected goals; still using smart contracts. But the funny thing is that they are also ICO-oriented.  Grin
I am in no way associated with this platform but i think they have a nice offering,W12.io
There is a fine line between regulating an ICO and regulating the coin itself. If there are regulations about what a company can offer to its customers that's still valid, I think all of these ICO's should be registered with some government ministry in order to show us that they are definitely legit.

However if there are regulations like "There can't be more than 210 million coins" or "institutions can't have more than 50% of the minted coins" and whatever like that which basically deals into the coin itself than that's bad. We should make that difference clear and show that the possible regulations that help the customers and the possible regulations that basically takes control of the coin itself are both "regulations" whereas one is really needed while other is horrible.
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

yes, ICO should be regulated by a regulation that can provide guarantees to investors for every fund invested.

and have read about STO, in my opinion this method is indeed the right choice to avoid fraud. The SEC that regulates all regulations makes investors safer. so I support STO.

I have to lose 3 minutes to read many replies and your reply is the first mention STO. I think STO has solved all problems OP giving.
Screamshot

Activity: 140

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:57:49 PM

Ico has been bastardise by scammers something that was once a good thing and an introduction for new coin has turned to become a death trap for investors and partners. Well I would support regulations on ico this would help limit the scam rate

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

With the proliferation of many scammers Regulation is much needed for protection or safety net of the investors. It gives assurance and peace of mind. It will somehow minimize the number of scammers and lessens investment risks.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:28:08 PM

ICO phenomenon is dying down due to massive misappropriation of funds and the fact that there is no regulation for accountability. Many have misuse the opportunity that cryptocurrency provides. I think some form of regulation should be introduce but I still want the cryptocurrency ideals to be prominent in ICO funding going forward!

wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

Too much ico that pop up last year and this year is what result to the regulation anticipation of Crypto asset. Lot of people funds that they work for years that invested in ico where all stolen in their very eyes. If ico are regulated it will definitely reduce fake ico. And also institutional invest will be able to enter the crypto market knowing fully well that their investment is secure.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

That is really needed, a regulation can make most investors calm to save the money they spend. When an ICO is regulated it is likely that a scam project can be removed because for each developer who will announce their project will be strictly selected. However, when a regulation is functioning, there will be something that some investors don't like. They don't like KYC, cryptocurrency must remain anynomous, which is a reason for some investors who don't want regulation.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:00:05 PM

Last year I thought that decentralized market should be without any regulations, now I have changed my mind.
ICOs and impatient investors totally destroyed this market. We need regulations to protect investors because in world of anonymity it is so easy to create a scam project.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:37:01 PM

Last year I thought that decentralized market should be without any regulations, now I have changed my mind.
ICOs and impatient investors totally destroyed this market. We need regulations to protect investors because in world of anonymity it is so easy to create a scam project.

Funny how decentralization sounds great but behind that, due to unregulated things, most scam and fraud flock in that territory.  Since they exploit the idea of decentralization, they think they can get away with their illegal activities/  With lots of scams in unregulated ICO, I believe SEC should step in and regulate ICO for the investors sake.
dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:42:52 PM

Of course this must be arranged to protect investors' money from ICO fraud, if it can be managed, investor confidence in other ICOs can increase, and crowdfunding activities will run well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: