Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49492 times)
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:19:25 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2021, 07:59:49 PM by devincrypt

I'd like to suggest to support the new Bitcoin ASIC Miner, FutureBit set up a better forum that supports catagories and better searches. Lumping everything into one huge disjointed forum such as this one is not only frustrating but a waste of time. I've seen so many questions asked with others posting the answers (if their lucky) that were previously posted. For example, just try searching for "Apollo" and you'll get just one result!

Catagories perhaps like Hardware, Software, Installation, etc. would be far more productive to users - current and future.

JMHO
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 09:31:30 PM

Futurebit Apollo - won't stay connected

So I can't get my apollo to hash, after it connects and disconnects a couple times I get the error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

I have an l3+ hashing away with exactly the same settings on litecoinpool but cant seem to make the apollo work.

I reflashed the sd and it boots, I can get into the interface, it will show a connection for a few seconds then it drops eventually giving me the error.

Thats usually because the pool is refusing connection due to wrong credentials (litecoin pool is case sensitive on username/pass).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 09:32:16 PM

I'd like to suggest to support the new Bitcoin ASIC Miner, FutureBit set up a better forum that supports catagories and better searches. Lumping everything into one huge disjointed forum such as this one is not only frustrating but a waste of time. I've seen so many questions asked with others posting the answers (if their lucky) that were previously posted. For example, just try searching for "Apollo" and you'll get just one result!

Catagories perhaps like Hardware, Software, Installation, etc. would be far more productive to users - current and future.

JMHO

Yea these support threads are a mess, will need to figure something new out.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
devincrypt

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 03:25:24 PM

JMHO

Here's a couple of free ones. I'd vote for MyBB because it's been proven for years, simple, has active updates, and FREE! A few:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-bulletin-boards-set-forum/
Max1965

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 08:55:01 PM

JMHO

Discord?
devincrypt

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 09:33:59 PM

JMHO

Discord?

I'd hope not - there is a risk using Microsoft (or any) cloud-based system that might flag/block crypto terminology as something that should be censored. Besides - it's overkill and IMHO, they've had a history of totally deleting groups they don't agree with. Does a support forum really need "voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats"? KISS
Yahki

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 10:58:09 PM

I've had my Apollo since August 2019 batch 2. Run in clean environment temperature controlled. It has recently just turned off. PSU is still on all equipment is FutureBit. When I restart the PSU it fires up blinks lights and shuts off less than 10 seconds after restart. I have emailed and I was told I could ship unit in, and I quickly responded with yes, but radio silence for weeks now. Any help, advice? Thanks
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2226

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2021, 02:42:42 PM

@jstefanop

a while back you posted that you would be able to fix my USB miner if I sent it to you (the usb plug came off) - can you provide an address for me to ship it?

I was going to buy more of them but they are getting super expensive so I would hate to see this one go to waste if its fixable.

thank you in advance!

sent you a pm as well.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
SterilLightUVC

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:55:40 PM

I've had my Apollo since August 2019 batch 2. Run in clean environment temperature controlled. It has recently just turned off. PSU is still on all equipment is FutureBit. When I restart the PSU it fires up blinks lights and shuts off less than 10 seconds after restart. I have emailed and I was told I could ship unit in, and I quickly responded with yes, but radio silence for weeks now. Any help, advice? Thanks

Same here except its not my PSU but the actual miner. I sent it in to get fixed. A times it was dead silent but I understand they're busy with shipping out the recent futurebit apollo btc miners. They will eventually get to you. Unfortunately I was told that they cannot figure out what is wrong with my ltc miner batch 2, will run a few more tests on it to see if its still repairable. I noticed a lot of recent posters before me described very similar issues with their ltc miners......
I just hope these miners become more durable....
Robertanu3

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 11:34:36 AM

What was that website that “jstephanop” used to format the LTC miner thumb drive in FAT?
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2021, 03:15:37 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2021, 04:30:05 PM by cryptofreshman

Has anyone made an informational How-to video on getting The Node up and running? I have an external SSD 1TB and I'd like to set it up as a full node to further decentralize the network. I know he posted directions but I am unsure how to format the SSD and get it up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please quote me or send me a private message with possibly a link to a step by step video or more clear directions. Thanks and happy mining!
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 10:40:40 AM

What was that website that “jstephanop” used to format the LTC miner thumb drive in FAT?
I have been using mini tool partition wizard.
Delete the partition then create the partition in fat32 then format the partition in fat 32
merdock69

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 02:25:20 PM

My full node stops running after 24 - 30 hours, like clockwork. Has anyone  experienced this or come up with a solution? I've changed both the SD card and the flash drive, reformated both the new drives, installed the newest OS... Nothing seems to fix it.
Yahki

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 08:28:56 PM

Yes I've been tinkering around and It is definitely my miner and not the PSU I have tried sending other emails with no response. Luckily my l3+ runs 24/7 hitting 3 years in August without a flaw. Apollo is literally a doorstop now, such a waste. Pay me $40.00 an hour set up a zendesk and I'll crush these customers with empathy regardless if their issue can be fixed

Same here except its not my PSU but the actual miner. I sent it in to get fixed. A times it was dead silent but I understand they're busy with shipping out the recent futurebit apollo btc miners. They will eventually get to you. Unfortunately I was told that they cannot figure out what is wrong with my ltc miner batch 2, will run a few more tests on it to see if its still repairable. I noticed a lot of recent posters before me described very similar issues with their ltc miners......
I just hope these miners become more durable....
username@user@

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 12:10:18 PM

hello,

I just bought one apollo ltc and don't have the password.

Can someone tell me the initial password of the apollo ltc? 
it is futurebit123 for btc apollo ( i have 2 of this with 2 simple hashboard and running very well mining and node) but not working with ltc apollo.

Thank you.
Cordially.
whiteogre

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 01:39:50 PM

Can someone tell me the initial password of the apollo ltc? 
futurebit
flow_b

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 10:50:49 PM

I anticipate that I had a power outage resulting in the following issues with my Apollo LTC. After combing the forum and trying everything that I read to be possibly helpful I am still battling the following issues and am kindly requesting assistance:

1. On my futurebit dashboard my main pool configuration is inactive and dead, whereas my donation pool configuration is active and alive - my litecoinpool account dashboard is not receiving any hash rate and is showing that the last time it received hashrate was May 13, which I am anticipating is the date of the power outage.

2. My node went down and I have not been able to get it restarted - prior to the outage it was running well with up to 16 connections

Issue 1 details:
On my miner dashboard I have two lines under 'pools':

Line 1
Type: Main
Active: Inactive

Line 2
Type: Donation
Active: Active

When I click to the 'pools' tab in the left side menu I am able to edit the URL (stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333), User Name (flowbit.1), Password (*****) and Proxy (http://192.168.1.1:3333). My user name (flowbit.1) and password exactly match the user name and password on my litecoinpool.org account (always triple checking case sensitivity). Each time I edit the pool information in the pools tab I click the orange 'save and restart' button in the upper left corner. The miner stops and restarts but the orange 'save and restart' button doesn't clear. So I click over to the dashboard and get the same result on line 1 and line 2 that I outlined above. The information I am inputting into the 'pools' tab does not appear to be saving because when I click back to the 'pools' tab the futurebit.1 user name is not updated to flowbit.1. I have also tried changing the URL on both lines to stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 but the futurebit.1 account doesn;t update to that URL - it's like the orange save and restart button is not saving what I am inputting? One of the user names is futurebit.1 (which appears to be the donation pool) and one of the user names is flowbit.1 (which appears to be the main pool that is inactive/dead). The up/down arrows do not appear to work either becasue when I click them nothing happens - it remains flowbit.1 on line 1 and futurebit.1 on line 2.

In addition to trying to edit the settings in the pools tab, I have restarted, rebooted, turned off and back on via the power supply (following all directions on page one), re-flashed SD card and have ensured that the SD card is inserted correctly. I have also deleted my single worker from my litecoinpool account and on the same account have set up a single new worker with the same username (flowbit.1) and pw. Trying to be as descriptive as possible because my newbie rank wont allow me to post images.

Issue 2 details:
Every time I start my node from the node dashboard I get the 'please wait while node is starting up' spinning wheel that also reads 'this takes 5-15 minutes, and you will be redirected to the node dashboard'... then 10 minutes or so later, on the node dashboard, I get the 'node is offline' notification along with the suggestions underneath which I have tried all of including reformatting the drive with the latest Litecoin.zip file that jstefanop directs us to in the second post on page 1 under 'latest image download / instructions'.

Feeling especially newbish having tried all of this and having gotten nowhere... thanks in advance for any guidance on either issue.
Sc-one

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 09:41:44 PM

Had an Apollo running since August 2020.  Just recently tried to get the node synced.  It ran slow - even with mining off, took more than a week and repeatedly stopped and needed manual restart.  Was at 99.6x% and then overnight, I assume while finishing, the miner stopped working.  Just wouldn't even turn on.

Took it to a computer repair place (I'm in healthcare, not technically inclined).  They found "a cold spot" (?) but it's up and mining again.  

I'd like to run a node out of principle, but don't want to zap the miner again. Was this a one-time bad luck thing or is it likely that the power pull from syncing will cause another issue?

Separately, is there any guidance on the maximum temperature for the system? The fan gets pretty loud on Balanced settings, but the temperature stays around 66° C. It's in a cool location where I don't mind if the fan makes a lot of noise so I would run it on Turbo settings if I can confirm what temp warrants cut off and going back to Balanced.
devincrypt

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 06:27:11 PM

Hope FutureBit still reads these posts -

On the FutureBit site the node upgrade shows "SOLD" but if you click the image it says "Both Batch 1 and Batch 2 Kits are back in stock and ship within 1-2 business days."

Is the upgrade for batch 1 available?

Thanks in advance,
David
whiteogre

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 10:45:08 PM

On the FutureBit site the node upgrade shows "SOLD" but if you click the image it says "Both Batch 1 and Batch 2 Kits are back in stock and ship within 1-2 business days."

Is the upgrade for batch 1 available?
The "Add to cart" button is missing which would suggest all the options are sold out. If it's the MCU board upgrade you are missing for a batch 1 then look for a 512MB version of Orange PI Zero (not "plus", not "2") with straight pins soldered in the expansion port. It's nothing FutureBit specific. Batch 1 came with a 256MB version of that MCU board which doesn't have enough memory for running the node.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: