Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House!  (Read 112523 times)
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:00:42 PM

With this current news coming out about oil talks breaking off he will see a increase with the CAD dropping to about 72 cents to the USD. So right there he is seeing some improvement in his investment. Even though real estate on the West Coast is going up 7% per Quarter which would have been a better look than bitcoin.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
r1cochet

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:05:08 PM

Is this true? When did you sell your house/bought btc? in april 2014? than you didnt win anything..... Yet..... But you will...... Soon.

If he's still holding he could make a shitload in the coming months...then again the bitcoin price could go back to double digits USD. I wouldn't have the balls to go all in, even if I could afford to lose it.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:10:28 PM

Is this true? When did you sell your house/bought btc? in april 2014? than you didnt win anything..... Yet..... But you will...... Soon.

If he's still holding he could make a shitload in the coming months...then again the bitcoin price could go back to double digits USD. I wouldn't have the balls to go all in, even if I could afford to lose it.

And if he"s not holding that he made a terrible mistake because price in those two years was never higher than when he bought in
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:18:16 PM

For my this would going to far, if I even sold my house for it, but the fact that people are doing this makes me pretty scared.
These people are servicing everything for the bitcoin, what could be good although it also could be very dangerous if you think about the fact the bitcoin can also collapse.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:24:56 PM

And if he"s not holding that he made a terrible mistake because price in those two years was never higher than when he bought in

Doesnt mean he made a mistake.

In your eyes yes, cause you know more then he probably does. The only reason why anyone would leave is the lack of uncertainty of something which is only a natural move.
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:26:46 PM

This is unusual.
After the current fluctuations I wouldn't be willing to place all of my GBP and assets on Bitcoin to see if it goes big.
Wish you luck though (though this is not necessarily the best time to buy)!
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:00:21 AM

It can be a nice or bad decision and that is because you never know from before what the value will be and that is the problem of Bitcoin, so you have to take risks.
But the bad the bad thing is that if you are losing that you have nothing so you have also to save some money.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:27:29 AM

People are this serious and even sell their own house to invest in Bitcoin. I hope that the price in the future will be high enough for these people to buy a new house.
I would never sell my house for Bitcoins because it still is a gamble.

With bitcoin only if you involve seriously you can earn else the profit or earning you make will be very less. Bitcoin earnings were highly risky. You may go up, at the same has the possibility to go low.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:52:30 AM

People are this serious and even sell their own house to invest in Bitcoin. I hope that the price in the future will be high enough for these people to buy a new house.
I would never sell my house for Bitcoins because it still is a gamble.

I would maybe consider it if the bitcoin is one of the biggest currency's globally and its stable, than there is a chance I would do this.
Right now I think its also crazy because the bitcoin is not even stable and I think its very risky to do this right now...
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:56:32 AM

It can be a nice or bad decision and that is because you never know from before what the value will be and that is the problem of Bitcoin, so you have to take risks.
But the bad the bad thing is that if you are losing that you have nothing so you have also to save some money.

Isn't this the same with other things as well?
For instance if you invest $10k is shares of a company and later there will be announcements that this company was involved in bribing on a huge scale to have an advantage on the market or it is less innovative as the years before and therefore competition seems to pass this company soon. Then you could end with a big loss too.
Your whole life is a risk. You could have a car accident tomorrow and be dead. So do you decide to stay at home instead? Probably not.
The key is to weigh up how much risk you wanna take!
If the 10k is all the money you have, then investing that amount would be dumb!
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:28:32 PM

Wait, you're telling us that instead of selling your house back around march 2013 for dollars and then buying bitcoins you waited a year for a buyer that was willing to offer bitcoins directly?

Either you are trolling or that would really suck

[edit] sorry for appearing rude. It is great that you believe in bitcoin but you should be prepared to potentially lose it all.
It would be an absolute shame if your inheritance that your parents have worked hard for would go to waste
I am not understanding this but why are people selling there houses because I would never sell my house for a Bitcoin. A house is more then money in my opinion.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:00:31 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 06:04:27 PM by geopolisch

Sold ur house for bitcoins..strange
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:51:18 PM

Thats very good that you sell the house and every bit and pieces of this house is invested in bitcoins.
I shall want eveyone should think like this. and keep on investing in the bitcoins

No mate this is totally rubbish to sell a house and invest in bitcoin, in my country it is too hard to buy a house rather, you can buy bitcoin instead of that.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:36:32 PM

Thats very good that you sell the house and every bit and pieces of this house is invested in bitcoins.
I shall want eveyone should think like this. and keep on investing in the bitcoins
Really? thats too much for the love of bitcoins. If you sold the house, then where you live...how you work...
Selling for bitcoin might be good but not that much. Using common sense is also important, in my view.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:36:24 AM

That will be nice if you are making some nice profit with it, but the only thing is that you can never know it from before what the value will be and that can be risky for you.
The only thing that you have to do is just make some risks otherwise it is not possible to earn money.
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:01:00 AM

This is unusual.
After the current fluctuations I wouldn't be willing to place all of my GBP and assets on Bitcoin to see if it goes big.
Wish you luck though (though this is not necessarily the best time to buy)!

I have a little bit of GBP and im willing to put it into anything else but GBP. Fiat has got to be one of the worse investments ever i only like to keep what i need of it to pay bills etc.
malphite

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:12:50 PM

Hi All,

I have been following Bitcoin for over a year and was the first person ever to put my house for sale for bitcoin.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/03/alberta-man-accepting-bitcoins-in-exchange-for-home.html

Not sure if you followed my story from a year ago, but the house just sold on Friday, and will make the news tomorrow I suspect. When the house closed on Friday I got approximately 648 BTC for my house which is based on prices over the past 6 months when the deal was actively negotiated, legal fees, realtor fees, and a bunch of contract wording that I frankly don't understand. I am now all in! I really believe in bitcoin. It is the future of the world. I look forward to the continued price increase and one day I plan to own my own island. I will truly be a bitcoin billionaire by the time I am 25 I believe. This house was inherited from my father who passed away a few years ago and he always believed in me and told me I would make it big one day and so I shall. Wish me luck Smiley

Tay More

Ballsy. Congratulations! Don't think I'll ever be able to pull off something like that. I'm far too sentimental to let go of my inherited house.
geopolisch

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:04:41 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 04:37:45 AM by geopolisch

Sold ur house..great
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:46:40 PM

At this time not only you but everyone is trying his best to do something in order to buy some bitcoin, I have heard from another person also that he is selling his house for that and will buy some bitcoin, everyone should have to buy bitcoin.
geopolisch

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:38:05 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: