Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
ananas99

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:31:26 PM

I would never 100% trust that my Bitcoin would be safe because it's a bit harder to secure

Bitcoin can be as securely stored as you want. If you want the best security, then you can opt to choose for something like a hardware wallet. In case of the trezor hardware wallet, even if you happen to make use of it through an infected pc, then it will still guarantee that your security can't be breached. This will make sure that only YOU will have access to your coins, and not a hacker.

gold can be kept in a safe or something like that.

That's not really a good argument. There are plenty of examples of how a safe can be opened with the right tools. It will only cost them a certain amount of time depending on how the safe is engineered. Plus it's an obvious object that stands out and screams 'Hey! Here am I!!'.

I disagree with that. In your quarters (just like in mine) there may be no such device as a safe room but in the countries and parts of the world (say, Florida) where hurricanes and tornadoes are quite common (and houses are built from shit at that), these are widespread and mostly used as a personal shelter in case of such and similar disasters. And you can store not only gold there but a good arsenal as well

Usually, possession of gold is well correlated with possession of guns 

Other than that, how would you know that there is such a safe room at all (I mean before breaking into the house)?
I have always wondered why people in these areas do not build stone houses on the old technology with a small height. Thus hurricanes will not be afraid. But I see quite the contrary, all made of wood and plywood. Before the first gust of wind.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:30:26 PM

Other than that, how would you know that there is such a safe room at all (I mean before breaking into the house)?

I was more referring to a movable safe, but it's basically the same principle since it's an obvious object. My main concern was indeed that one could spot that safe at the time someone managed to break into a house. It's basically the same as a hacker that gains access to a cumputer, and then searches through the entire system for useful/valuable information. In case of a hardware wallet, your coins are safe from hackers, while a burglar could run away with the Gold inside the safe (assuming he manages to access what's inside).
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:45:43 PM

for gold and bitcoin, this is my favorite investments. I save a few grams of gold in my safes and I sell it when the big day is usually the price goes up. and it was quite profitable for me
and I also invest in bitcoin to my profit every week
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:34:08 PM

I never put all my assets in a single investment vehicle. This is a very risky situation for investment. Instead, I used different investment tools to minimize potential losses.

It makes more sense to buy gold with 50% of the money and take the bitcoin with the remaining 50%.

You should also consider diversifying your money into other asset classes as well because investments means not only just bitcoins and gold. But you can also invest in shares, bonds, some money in fixed deposits if your country is offering decent % of interest and real estate businesses. The more you diversify then the investor can reduce their losses in the longer run.

I agree.
OP just asked as gold and bitcoin. That's why I answered that. It makes sense to use different investment tools that we think will make money. This will minimize the damage.

But we need to know about the vehicles we will invest in. Investing in areas that we do not know is not very logical.
OP just inquiring about investing in bitcoin and gold, which is best? but I think you also have to look for other potential investments, and not a problem to use gold and bitcoin to invest
yes no dount that there are so many other opportunities of investment a trading but i think OP just comparing the two and want to know that in these two which one is more profitable. to me i think both are valuable investment but i think bitcoin have the edge that its value increase very rapidly therefore there are more chance that bitcoin will give you more profit as compare to gold.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
thebatletbet

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:11:49 PM

for gold and bitcoin, this is my favorite investments. I save a few grams of gold in my safes and I sell it when the big day is usually the price goes up. and it was quite profitable for me

gold price not every day can big up price
gold price ussualy always slowly incraese price every year, gold price only incraese several dollar every troy ounce every year
salemon

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:12:53 PM

I never put all my assets in a single investment vehicle. This is a very risky situation for investment. Instead, I used different investment tools to minimize potential losses.

It makes more sense to buy gold with 50% of the money and take the bitcoin with the remaining 50%.

You should also consider diversifying your money into other asset classes as well because investments means not only just bitcoins and gold. But you can also invest in shares, bonds, some money in fixed deposits if your country is offering decent % of interest and real estate businesses. The more you diversify then the investor can reduce their losses in the longer run.

I agree.
OP just asked as gold and bitcoin. That's why I answered that. It makes sense to use different investment tools that we think will make money. This will minimize the damage.

But we need to know about the vehicles we will invest in. Investing in areas that we do not know is not very logical.
OP just inquiring about investing in bitcoin and gold, which is best? but I think you also have to look for other potential investments, and not a problem to use gold and bitcoin to invest
yes no dount that there are so many other opportunities of investment a trading but i think OP just comparing the two and want to know that in these two which one is more profitable. to me i think both are valuable investment but i think bitcoin have the edge that its value increase very rapidly therefore there are more chance that bitcoin will give you more profit as compare to gold.
It's just a guess and only gold in reality can be much more stable than the bitcoin.
praboso96

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:39:03 PM

You have a very good strategy. I'm still only invest in Bitcoin. But I plan to part of the funds to invest in gold. When I have extra money I'll do
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:53:23 PM

You have a very good strategy. I'm still only invest in Bitcoin. But I plan to part of the funds to invest in gold. When I have extra money I'll do
This is a very correct and better solution than all invest in bitcoin. Gold is more stable and the risk of losing your money less. The fact that I also have more faith in the eternal value of gold.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:16:04 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 07:57:56 AM by deisik

I would never 100% trust that my Bitcoin would be safe because it's a bit harder to secure

Bitcoin can be as securely stored as you want. If you want the best security, then you can opt to choose for something like a hardware wallet. In case of the trezor hardware wallet, even if you happen to make use of it through an infected pc, then it will still guarantee that your security can't be breached. This will make sure that only YOU will have access to your coins, and not a hacker.

gold can be kept in a safe or something like that.

That's not really a good argument. There are plenty of examples of how a safe can be opened with the right tools. It will only cost them a certain amount of time depending on how the safe is engineered. Plus it's an obvious object that stands out and screams 'Hey! Here am I!!'.

I disagree with that. In your quarters (just like in mine) there may be no such device as a safe room but in the countries and parts of the world (say, Florida) where hurricanes and tornadoes are quite common (and houses are built from shit at that), these are widespread and mostly used as a personal shelter in case of such and similar disasters. And you can store not only gold there but a good arsenal as well

Usually, possession of gold is well correlated with possession of guns 

I have always wondered why people in these areas do not build stone houses on the old technology with a small height. Thus hurricanes will not be afraid. But I see quite the contrary, all made of wood and plywood. Before the first gust of wind

I guess the reasons are purely economic

That is, building a rock-solid house would be pretty expensive given that most families already have to buy their homes on borrowed money and they pay out the debt for a few decades. Further, these houses should be insured, so when they get destroyed the damage should be compensated. Apart from that, the climate in these areas is pretty mild overall all year round and you don't need to have walls 1 meter in thickness to properly insulate the house

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:09:51 AM

I was more referring to a movable safe, but it's basically the same principle since it's an obvious object. My main concern was indeed that one could spot that safe at the time someone managed to break into a house. It's basically the same as a hacker that gains access to a cumputer, and then searches through the entire system for useful/valuable information. In case of a hardware wallet, your coins are safe from hackers, while a burglar could run away with the Gold inside the safe (assuming he manages to access what's inside)

Honestly, I don't think it is quite the same

If a hacker gains access to your computer, he can essentially do anything with it including wiping or encrypting all your data. But when a burglar breaks into your home and finds a safe walled in, he still have to open it somehow unless he knows the codes already, of course. But if he doesn't, what can he do? He can't take the safe with him and he is most certainly short of time. He can burn your house in despair, but the gold in the safe won't be affected. Regarding hardware wallets, personally, I don't quite understand why people are so obsessed with them since you are just trusting your bitcoins to a third party. I don't mean to say that they can be stolen but if this wallet breaks without repair the effect for you will be absolutely the same, i.e. your coins gone for good. As to me, the best cold storage is a paper wallet with keys encrypted and copies saved in a few places (say, in your safe and in a deposit box in a bank)

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:31:14 PM

Regarding hardware wallets, personally, I don't quite understand why people are so obsessed with them since you are just trusting your bitcoins to a third party. I don't mean to say that they can be stolen but if this wallet breaks without repair the effect for you will be absolutely the same, i.e. your coins gone for good. As to me, the best cold storage is a paper wallet with keys encrypted and copies saved in a few places (say, in your safe and in a deposit box in a bank)

In case of the Trezor, you can recover your funds by importing the recovery seed through the web wallet interface of Trezor, or you can just recover you coins through a supported desktop client if you don't want to deal with a centralized incentive (which in this case is the web wallet interface of Trezor). It also depends on how you have set everything up. But as long as you have the recovery seed, your coins will always be safe in case your device gets stolen or completely destroyed.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:10:50 PM

I agree.

It's just a guess and only gold in reality can be much more stable than the bitcoin.
yes gold is more stable but i think bitcoin is more good for investment and making money as gold is only good for holding your money safe but if you are interested in investment then you have the only choice and that is bitcoin.
usefrees

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

I agree.

yes gold is more stable but i think bitcoin is more good for investment and making money as gold is only good for holding your money safe but if you are interested in investment then you have the only choice and that is bitcoin.

Bitcoin good object for investment for those who want to quickly multiply their capital. But Bitcoin is still unstable. Therefore, it is best to invest in Bitcoin and gold
mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:50:23 PM

Gold! Bitcoin is safe when the world is safe. World is heading towards WW3. We can experience power outages. No power - no bitcoin acces.
X-ray

Activity: 2912
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:40:56 PM

I agree.

Bitcoin is good according to the price and his volatility. but the gold already lived from a long time ago. but bitcoin already existed on the every century.  and we are know how the communities were seeing it. that was very valuable to keep it for the long term investment.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
SummerTimeKo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:20:06 PM

Gold! Bitcoin is safe when the world is safe. World is heading towards WW3. We can experience power outages. No power - no bitcoin acces.

During any war have always been buyers of gold and Antiques. Another thing is that the price is very low and there is always the risk of becoming a victim of robbers, but when there is no food you have to risk. Bitcoin in time of war is not needed.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:45:53 PM

well, gold will probably always be used even when Internet access disappears, but you can bitcoin doubled in a short time, and it can make a profit very much, even 40% of the money you have in one day. but it also requires skill and very much information.
Unikol

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:46:38 PM

During any war have always been buyers of gold and Antiques. Another thing is that the price is very low and there is always the risk of becoming a victim of robbers, but when there is no food you have to risk. Bitcoin in time of war is not needed.

During a war, the gold is more valuable than the antiques.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 04:57:48 PM

Regarding hardware wallets, personally, I don't quite understand why people are so obsessed with them since you are just trusting your bitcoins to a third party. I don't mean to say that they can be stolen but if this wallet breaks without repair the effect for you will be absolutely the same, i.e. your coins gone for good. As to me, the best cold storage is a paper wallet with keys encrypted and copies saved in a few places (say, in your safe and in a deposit box in a bank)

In case of the Trezor, you can recover your funds by importing the recovery seed through the web wallet interface of Trezor, or you can just recover you coins through a supported desktop client if you don't want to deal with a centralized incentive (which in this case is the web wallet interface of Trezor). It also depends on how you have set everything up. But as long as you have the recovery seed, your coins will always be safe in case your device gets stolen or completely destroyed

I don't quite understand how this system works. If you can somehow restore the keys when your hardware wallet gets destroyed, at least two questions immediately come to my mind. First, if you can actually do that, why would you ever need a hardware wallet at all? And, second, if you can restore the keys without the wallet, why can't someone else do essentially the same without having access to the wallet (i.e. steal your coins)?

What am I missing in this "grand scheme of things"?

miningdude

Activity: 416

Have a mining rig

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:00:29 PM

Well I still choose bitcoin better than gold, it need license and stuff
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: