Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:10:23 AM

Okay, we got many predictions about bitcoin, but what do you say for gold and silver in next 5 years? Any chance to fly it to the moon? What I hope for is silver getting to $50 per ounce in that time. For some it may seem like a joke, but I sure think its undervalued right now, and it would make me a decent profit Cheesy

The gold or silver price will only rise according to the inflation. They are already big.
I agree that. However, the increasing proceed very slow and I doubt that gold can double its own prices in the next 50 years. As you can see, Bitcoin has tripled its prices since the early 2016 and we have to admit that Bitcoin is now better than gold or silver. If you want both defeat the inflation and earn money, you should hold Bitcoin instead of other types of physical investments

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:13:27 AM

Okay, we got many predictions about bitcoin, but what do you say for gold and silver in next 5 years? Any chance to fly it to the moon? What I hope for is silver getting to $50 per ounce in that time. For some it may seem like a joke, but I sure think its undervalued right now, and it would make me a decent profit Cheesy

The gold or silver price will only rise according to the inflation. They are already big.
I agree that. However, the increasing proceed very slow and I doubt that gold can double its own prices in the next 50 years. As you can see, Bitcoin has tripled its prices since the early 2016 and we have to admit that Bitcoin is now better than gold or silver. If you want both defeat the inflation and earn money, you should hold Bitcoin instead of other types of physical investments

I do agree that bitcoins are looks good as of now but there is no guaranty that bitcoins prices again will not drop because bitcoins has already a history that it went to 1000+ and went back to 100+. But gold prices never did so much volatile in such a small span of time so some people may like slow and study income. Also it is good to diversify our funds so I choose both of them to invest.
PaymyBills

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:44:40 AM

both are good as gold is more reliable and stable currency of the world, but it think the problem is that most of the people cannot afford both gold and bitcoin, therefore they have to do select only one and i think the best option will be bitcoin as bitcoin can give good profit in a short time becuase bitcoin is not stable and there is always big changes in the price of bitcoin
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 01:05:05 PM

both are good as gold is more reliable and stable currency of the world, but it think the problem is that most of the people cannot afford both gold and bitcoin, therefore they have to do select only one and i think the best option will be bitcoin as bitcoin can give good profit in a short time becuase bitcoin is not stable and there is always big changes in the price of bitcoin
If a person does not have a lot of money and he want to be practical in doing investment then bitcoin is the best kind of asset for him because the price changes fast and anytime it can goes up high or down so that is how we can make money. If he earn a lot of money from bitcoin then he can put some money in gold for doing long term investment and also more stable than bitcoin.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:29:47 PM

Yeah that's right but if you see in terms of affording bitcoin is just like a currency people can buy how much they can afford plus we can sell it whenever want. And if you see the statistics the price of gold is declining from many years.
BitBayMarkets

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:49:32 PM

I would do both, but take bitcoin over gold because I know that investing in the Bitcoin is better.
The price of the Bitcoin will grow very high.
tambok

Merit: 260

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:06:30 PM

Yeah that's right but if you see in terms of affording bitcoin is just like a currency people can buy how much they can afford plus we can sell it whenever want. And if you see the statistics the price of gold is declining from many years.
Gold is one of the best investment that you could have. Investment with this usually made to hedge against macroeconomic uncertainty. Right now, gold fell as the dollar gained after an interest rate hike after Federal expectations. On the other hand, bitcoin has now established price which a good proof that it is a great investment now compare to gold.
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:47:43 PM

I would do both, but take bitcoin over gold because I know that investing in the Bitcoin is better.
The price of the Bitcoin will grow very high.

I think so. You can also use the bitcoin to buy things.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Pettuh4

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:02:21 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

I will push 80% into Bitcoin and then 20% into gold in the unlikely event that Bitcoin fails then I will have a consolation of 20% in gold but I'm hopeful the Bitcoin will succeed and so as the gold.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 06:06:21 PM

Gold is one of the best investment that you could have. Investment with this usually made to hedge against macroeconomic uncertainty. Right now, gold fell as the dollar gained after an interest rate hike after Federal expectations. On the other hand, bitcoin has now established price which a good proof that it is a great investment now compare to gold.
Well i can not buy gold bar as investment except for a gold ring but most of the rich people are always choosing to invest in gold since they do not know bitcoin and the price of bitcoin is not stable price increase unlike gold..  for me in own like other said i can not afford to buy gold.. except if i will be rich with bitcoin and some of my profit convert it into gold for future..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:34:26 PM

in fact gold is too much stable and there can  be very little increase in the price of gold therefore investing money in bitcoin will be a good decision. and hope that you will get a good profit from it in a very very short period of time. while investment in gold is a safe investment but it cannot give you a good profit in such a short period of time.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 07:20:48 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 07:43:50 PM by deisik

Unlikely, unless dollar gets heavily devalued

Silver had once already reached almost 50 dollars per ounce in 2011, if I'm not mistaken. Just when the quantitative easings were running at full capacity, and even those prices had been manipulated (up to a point where an investigation was started). Since then trading rules have been changed, and as I said, unless dollar hits the floor, substantially higher gold and silver prices are unlikely (like times greater than now). People which heavily invested in some asset always think that this asset is massively undervalued. Just like those who sold it at lower prices think that it is highly overvalued (so-called ego rubbing)

Oggy1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:43:12 PM

Silver had once already reached almost 50 dollars per ounce in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. Just when the quantitative easings were running at full capacity, and even those prices had been manipulated (up to a point where an investigation was started). Since then trading rules have changed, and as I said, unless dollar hits the floor, substantially higher gold and silver prices are unlikely (like times greater than now). People which heavily invested in some asset always think that this asset is massively undervalued. Just like those who sold it at lower prices think that it is highly overvalued (so-called ego rubbing)

Okay, I appreciate your thoughts, however price was manipulated recently, I think some emails made public, and it was for manipulating price down, not up. Currently if I sold all, I would be at zero profit and loss, and my savings are 40% silver, 20% bitcoin, 40% fiat. I would like to increase bitcoin %, but selling silver now dont feel like a great idea. With bitcoin there is more possible earning in shorter time, but also bigger chance to lose more.
varyspro

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:41:44 PM

in fact gold is too much stable and there can  be very little increase in the price of gold therefore investing money in bitcoin will be a good decision. and hope that you will get a good profit from it in a very very short period of time. while investment in gold is a safe investment but it cannot give you a good profit in such a short period of time.

I also think that to get to come in the near future, not in his old age, then you need to invest in Bitcoin. And if you just have a desire to preserve your capital, you can invest in gold
PancherBitCoin

Merit: 317

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:40:33 PM

Why all the network bitcoin compared with gold, although they have only one thing in common, is that they both have a limited amount. That's only gold is the physical body and its value has never slowed down.
ovvidiy

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:43:59 PM

Why all the network bitcoin compared with gold, although they have only one thing in common, is that they both have a limited amount. That's only gold is the physical body and its value has never slowed down.
The whole point is that the study and implementation of new technologies there is much more expensive and important items and substances. Today, bitcoin has good potential and higher value as opposed to gold. But gold is not the last most expensive stuff in.
PancherBitCoin

Merit: 317

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:22:29 PM

The whole point is that the study and implementation of new technologies there is much more expensive and important items and substances. Today, bitcoin has good potential and higher value as opposed to gold. But gold is not the last most expensive stuff in.
Of course there is also a platinum, but it is not so much decided to buy, unlike gold. At most only investing in gold.
eduaro66

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:32:47 PM

Silver had once already reached almost 50 dollars per ounce in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. Just when the quantitative easings were running at full capacity, and even those prices had been manipulated (up to a point where an investigation was started). Since then trading rules have changed, and as I said, unless dollar hits the floor, substantially higher gold and silver prices are unlikely (like times greater than now). People which heavily invested in some asset always think that this asset is massively undervalued. Just like those who sold it at lower prices think that it is highly overvalued (so-called ego rubbing)

Okay, I appreciate your thoughts, however price was manipulated recently, I think some emails made public, and it was for manipulating price down, not up. Currently if I sold all, I would be at zero profit and loss, and my savings are 40% silver, 20% bitcoin, 40% fiat. I would like to increase bitcoin %, but selling silver now dont feel like a great idea. With bitcoin there is more possible earning in shorter time, but also bigger chance to lose more.
With silver, in my opinion, is not worth dealing with. That is, if more to invest in the electronics industry, and the proportion of silver is very small. If we consider the development of high technology, now needed more gold than many other metals.
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1344

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:53:42 AM

Of course there is also a platinum, but it is not so much decided to buy, unlike gold. At most only investing in gold.

Apart from gold and platinum, there are also other bullion metals such as palladium. I am not mentioning silver here, because I don't consider silver as a bullion metal. The majority of the silver mined every year is used for industrial purposes, and not for investment.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

Apart from gold and platinum, there are also other bullion metals such as palladium. I am not mentioning silver here, because I don't consider silver as a bullion metal. The majority of the silver mined every year is used for industrial purposes, and not for investment.
If we are thinking for profit then we do not need to mention any other thing here because bitcoin alone is enough for giving us as much as possible the price of it is now not decreasing but from a longer time it is increasing and giving a higher profit to all of the users who have invested in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: