Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:30:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:21:11 AM

Is there no mileage in providing infrastructure for the Lakota from the premine?

A free playground, for instance, with lots of smiley, happy photos of kids in newspapers and websites?

This is what I sort of assumed they originally planned to do with the premine. Not a playground, but something related to community service -- food pantry, some funds for small businesses, that sort of thing. Basically use the premine for something the group could use, rather than give each individual 1000 maza. It's so much more problematic to hand out crypto to every single person, and it doesn't help if the people don't know what crypto is nor have a way to use it.

The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that the developers won't post here. I mean, people spent like 3 days fighting off FUD (and I mean real FUD, not just normal concerns) --the android artifact thing, Herp going insane, etc. and yet nobody from the maza team would say a word here in the forums.

That, and then I saw the MZC water challenge  on youtube (my basic reaction to it was wtf)...
I realize many here may want Payu to go jump in a lake at this point, but I'd think he could use his time much more wisely to help the coin.

I don't think maza is a scam. I just question whether the developers have any idea what they are doing.

I think boxxa is on IRC right now, https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/?nick=MazaCoin|?#MazaCoin
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:21:38 AM

Is there no mileage in providing infrastructure for the Lakota from the premine?

A free playground, for instance, with lots of smiley, happy photos of kids in newspapers and websites?

Completely negates the possibility of a dump?

Could provide publicity over many months rather than just one hit?

Negates the need to have to educate the Lakota in the ways of crypto, they can learn about it organically?

I seems worthy of discussion to me, but instead I'm a puss filled gambler or something.

You guys.......  Roll Eyes

There has been some very good discussions surrounding the tech barrier.

RFIDS, NFC, portable transaction devices could work very well.

Old Samsung phone drives, to get smartphones into the hands of everyone.

Personally IMO each community should train a broker to help invest and cash in when needed.

There is a Maza ebay type market already, they just need a liaison to help people get their products online.

There are some very strong indigenous markets out there. Some of the products can be worth a lot of money
to many ppl around the world. 

This facebook group for the small town of Iqaluit has a thriving market. https://www.facebook.com/groups/148530435247065/

Playground for a photo op, seriously?

Huh

Yes, really, why not?

You are trying to attract"average joes" aren't you? Joes have baby joes, baby joes sell newspapers. How can providing a playground possibly not be good?

Your plan on the other hand is riddled with holes, will take a long, long time and is complicated. You've got to get people interested in a coin that is on the floor and "discussions about RFID and NFC" are just mental. You are asking people to fit in with the coin, it needs to be the other way around. You're trying to run before you can walk.

Average joes don't want complicated, they want easy - and still there is that looming dump........
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

The coin is very very new!   There is nothing surprising , as in bad surprising that is happening here at all ! all pretty standard, I posted weeks ago I thought we were going down from there...  

The devs and the coin are doing exactly what it was said they would do, and there is a lot more to come...

All the rest, is just bullshit.

I got in early.. and I am staying, nothing has changed yet.

Early days , there is work to do though that I agree- but then that was ALWAYS going to be the case.

Hope everyone with their head screwed on knows the score with Cryptos by now...   this coin is a mere few weeks old...  anyone claiming they
know its future already and it is 100% going to fail is a total and utter ego maniac BS artist... anyone that claims that this coins is doing anything that I have not seen pretty much every crypto do since the start of crypto, is a bs artist.

Take the fud with a pinch of salt..

Happy trails.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:24:52 AM

This is what I sort of assumed they originally planned to do with the premine. Not a playground, but something related to community service -- food pantry, some funds for small businesses, that sort of thing. Basically use the premine for something the group could use, rather than give each individual 1000 maza. It's so much more problematic to hand out crypto to every single person, and it doesn't help if the people don't know what crypto is nor have a way to use it.

The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that the developers won't post here. I mean, people spent like 3 days fighting off FUD (and I mean real FUD, not just normal concerns) --the android artifact thing, Herp going insane, etc. and yet nobody from the maza team would say a word here in the forums.

That, and then I saw the MZC water challenge  on youtube (my basic reaction to it was wtf)...
I realize many here may want Payu to go jump in a lake at this point, but I'd think he could use his time much more wisely to help the coin.

I don't think maza is a scam. I just question whether the developers have any idea what they are doing.

Forget food pantrys and the like, they can be polarising, a lot of people resent handouts to adults.

Publicity is in sex, animals and children - in that order.
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:32:01 AM

Negates the need to have to educate the Lakota in the ways of crypto, they can learn about it organically?

I seems worthy of discussion to me, but instead I'm a puss filled gambler or something.

Personally IMO each community should train a broker to help invest and cash in when needed.

There is a Maza ebay type market already, they just need a liaison to help people get their products online.

There are some very strong indigenous markets out there. Some of the products can be worth a lot of money

This facebook group for the small town of Iqaluit has a thriving market. https://www.facebook.com/groups/148530435247065/

Huh

Yes, really, why not?

You are trying to attract"average joes" aren't you? Joes have baby joes, baby joes sell newspapers. How can providing a playground possibly not be good?

Your plan on the other hand is riddled with holes, will take a long, long time and is complicated. You've got to get people interested in a coin that is on the floor and "discussions about RFID and NFC" are just mental. You are asking people to fit in with the coin, it needs to be the other way around. You're trying to run before you can walk.

Average joes don't want complicated, they want easy - and still there is that looming dump........

Discounting the intelligence of the average person is definitely not a virtue.

Kenya leads the world in paying with things with a simple phone. It's not that pie in the sky.

Kenya FFS...

"around 25% of the country’s gross national product flows through it. M-PESA lets people transfer cash using their phones - See more at: http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-18#sthash.lC3aeykN.dpuf"

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:32:19 AM

Forget food pantrys and the like, they can be polarising, a lot of people resent handouts to adults.

Horses for courses...  it is not the sausage/bacon it is the sizzle... whoever said that did not hail from Saudi Arabia.

sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:32:32 AM

Just watched the video, well a bit of it.

I think it's fair to say he's run out of ideas,,,,,, or was there a price spike associated with this clip?
sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Huh

Yes, really, why not?

Kenya leads the world in paying with things with a simple phone. It's not that pie in the sky.

Kenya FFS...

"around 25% of the country’s gross national product flows through it. M-PESA lets people transfer cash using their phones - See more at: http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-18#sthash.lC3aeykN.dpuf"

Errr, that's just cash, like Pingit from Barclays in the UK.

The reason they use phones is that many don't have internet connections at home.

It's all there in the article you linked, if you read it.

Nothing to do with crypto.
torot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:38:00 AM

Hope everyone with their head screwed on knows the score with Cryptos by now...   this coin is a mere few weeks old...  anyone claiming they
know its future already and it is 100% going to fail is a total and utter ego maniac BS artist... anyone that claims that this coins is doing anything that I have not seen pretty much every crypto do since the start of crypto, is a bs artist.

So why claims of $1 per Mazacoin from Payu ?
And $ 3-5 from the Anonymos Pirate ?

Lot of people have faith in them
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:39:07 AM

Huh

Yes, really, why not?

Kenya FFS...

The reason they use phones is that many don't have internet connections at home.

You are a smart guy work it out, he is saying that the same system could be set up, but with cryptos , and they can use the system on the res ? that is obvious right? that is what he was trying to say? but you can see that right?

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:42:53 AM

I am sure there are plenty of poor children that could benefit from a food pantry. It doesn't just have to be for adults.

And I look at it from the perspective of actually helping someone, not what gets the most publicity. The point to maza shouldn't be to just drum up interest/newspaper articles, but to actually help someone.
sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:44:37 AM

You are a smart guy work it out, he is saying that the same system could be set up, but with cryptos , and they can use the system on the res ? that is obvious right? that is what he was trying to say? but you can see that right?

Look at the reasons the Kenyans have taken to it......

They all have phones, not PCs.

The want to send money, quickly, to rural areas where there is no internet access.

It's safer than cash in a slightly dangerous country.

A lot of them live in very, very remote locations.

It is cash, they understand it.

Your comparing Kenya with the States, you're mad.

You know, your adherence to calling me names rather than give constructive criticism is quite childish - have you spent your dad's money on Maza?
sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

I am sure there are plenty of poor children that could benefit from a food pantry. It doesn't just have to be for adults.

And I look at it from the perspective of actually helping someone, not what gets the most publicity. The point to maza shouldn't be to just drum up interest/newspaper articles, but to actually help someone.

But it will never help anyone if the price doesn't go up, and quickly.

EAC started with similar intentions and had a better, safer start than Maza, but it is now on the floor because people couldn't be realistic and pragmatic about it's future.

And how is a playground not helping someone?

Anyway, you've all got hung-up on it being a playground, it was only a suggestion, so what do you suggest?
49er.miner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:49:22 AM

hey boxxa in the #mazacoin chat lets go

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:51:52 AM

The want to send money, quickly, to rural areas where there is no internet access.

You know, your adherence to calling me names rather than give constructive criticism is quite childish - have you spent your dad's money on Maza?

ha ha no need for it old chap.

1) where did I call you a name in that post?  so yeah what ever you say dear.
2) You are still missing the point, come on you are smarter than this... never said it was money, I was pointing out that the guys was saying they could use a similar system on the res, and they could.. and they probably will, before they build a playground.
3) I have been to Kenya
4) I did not compare Kenya and USA, are yo having trouble reading?
5) I am a self made man, thanks, my father never gave me a penny since I was 14, and lives in another country I hardly see him.
6) I bought a fair amount of Maza, not "all of my money" that would be insane, and I am not insane old chap- I have covered the cost of my investment and a good few more BTC than 3.6btcs to boot thanks  ; )
7) This is a new coin
Cool You seem to have a bit of a god complex- used to getting your own way? never wrong?

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:52:15 AM

Boxxa and AnonPirate the very same person?

Boxxa mentioned on his twitter feed few times he runs 2 businesses so he's not your casual paid coder. He's also a hardcore trader if you look at his previous postage and crypto mining geek.

http://who.is/whois/cryptodirect.info
https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect
https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/296102516037390337

Boxxa From Buffalo NY City
https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/437046862999453696
https://twitter.com/enjoybuffalo
+ other NY Buffalo related tweets

He probably met with Payu during his NY visit.

What's lame is that Boxxa distanced himself from AnonPirate when it came to MapleCoin launch, saying he didn't agree with the timing. He was lying through his teeth.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:52:44 AM

But it will never help anyone if the price doesn't go up, and quickly.

EAC started with similar intentions and had a better, safer start than Maza, but it is now on the floor because people couldn't be realistic and pragmatic about it's future.

And how is a playground not helping someone?

Anyway, you've all got hung-up on it being a playground, it was only a suggestion, so what do you suggest?

Well, a playground is fine, assuming the people playing there have enough food to eat. Yeah, from a publicity standpoint, a playground would work. And no need to get hung up on it, I just meant a community project or two would be a lot easier than handing out maza to each individual.

As for EAC, I believe their main problem started because one of the key developers backed out and dumped his entire premine (or at least that is the rumor). Then they went into a death spiral.
sussex

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:53:37 AM

ha ha no need for it old chap.

1) where did I call you a name in that post?  so yeah what ever you say dear.
2) You are still missing the point, come on you are smarter than this... never said it was money, I was pointing out that the guys was saying they could use a similar system on the res, and they could.. and they probably will, before they build a playground.
3) I have been to Kenya
4) I did not compare Kenya and USA, are yo having trouble reading?
5) I am a self made man, thanks, my father never gave me a penny since I was 14, and lives in another country I hardly see him.
6) I bought a fair amount of Maza, not "all of my money" that would be insane, and I am not insane old chap- I have covered the cost of my investment and a good few more BTC than 3.6bts to boot thanks..
7) This is a new coin
Cool You seem to have a bit of a god complex- used to getting your own way? never wrong?

Like I said, childish.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:54:00 AM

Hmm so I guess Payu is a friend of many other tribes

https://www.facebook.com/cherie.blackfeather/posts/10201591811550308

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:57:04 AM

Boxxa and AnonPirate the very same person?

Boxxa mentioned on his twitter feed few times he runs 2 businesses so he's not your casual paid coder. He's also a hardcore trader if you look at his previous postage and crypto mining geek.

http://who.is/whois/cryptodirect.info
https://twitter.com/CryptoDirect
https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/296102516037390337

Boxxa From Buffalo NY City
https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/437046862999453696
https://twitter.com/enjoybuffalo
+ other NY Buffalo related tweets

He probably met with Payu during his NY visit.

What's lame is that Boxxa distanced himself from AnonPirate when it came to MapleCoin launch, saying he didn't agree with the timing. He was lying through his teeth.

ohh god.

Forgot all about you.
U still around?
Can you go away.
Keep away?

Of course you probably will not
For that would be a good thing to do.
For that would be the right thing to do.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: