Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BLTZ] [IPO Hybrid] BlitzCoin | proof of concept coin | pure speculative  (Read 200925 times)
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:39:41 PM

@binaryclock

I'm very sorry to see this. A official BLTZ pool to jump out right before the launch.
I'll like to ask you to be professional as well, don't bring personal feelings into this. You are out, but don't need to spread FUD.
I was really happy to have pool as yours to be official BLTZ pool. I know you are honest and one of rare pool ops that didn't run with peoples money on 42coin.

Will like to add that it's more professional to postpone than to have 4 hard forks in short time. It's 7 days of mining. there is no time for hard forks. Think about building inspectors, what will happen if they will open a building with a risk of killing 1000 people? Just postpone the opening, don't hope everything will be ok, and we will fix it on the go.

Again, I'm very sorry to see you out. You are still very welcome to be official BLTZ pool is you wish.

@general fud
solo miners have no chance since this coin is so hot. I have announcements on PM from people with ~50Mh/s, and not just a handful.. quite a number. The best chance for small miners is to join a pool, as it appears if they will mine with ~5Mh/s will get nothing but orphaned blocks.
For everyone who think pools will get "magic wallet", they will not. Source code will be released to all at the same time. a Github link in OP. Everyone can compile  a Qt in like 10~15 minutes in virtual machine in linux. it's about same time I'll release password for compiled win wallet.

A different kind of fud is virus and trojan.. Again, if you are afraid you are very welcome to compile your own wallet from the source. The wallet will be hosted at google docs, as google don't allow viruses on their servers and run virus check BEFORE EVERY DOWNLOAD!

I can admit I didn't expect for BLTZ to be this popular, and all the pressure that came with it.. I'm happy though I stayed firm with postponing the BLTZ as I learned there is no hard cap on coin amount. Such a common mistake with lots of coins, but here with BLTZ there is no chance to make hard fork a week from now. Everything needed to be perfect at launch.
As I'm responsible person, I didn't want to release a broken coin and to say fuck you all after we realise that number of coins will be infinite.

It's easy to release the coin, but it's not easy to make it perfect. Take a look at other coins.. so much forks in just a few weeks after release.. BLTZ can't afford that.

I'm grateful for every miner that will join us, for every pool, for every trader and every person in any way associated with BLTZ.
Thank you all!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rigimon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

@binaryclock

I'm very sorry to see this. A official BLTZ pool to jump out right before the launch.
I'll like to ask you to be professional as well, don't bring personal feelings into this. You are out, but don't need to spread FUD.
I was really happy to have pool as yours to be official BLTZ pool. I know you are honest and one of rare pool ops that didn't run with peoples money on 42coin.

Will like to add that it's more professional to postpone than to have 4 hard forks in short time. It's 7 days of mining. there is no time for hard forks. Think about building inspectors, what will happen if they will open a building with a risk of killing 1000 people? Just postpone the opening, don't hope everything will be ok, and we will fix it on the go.

Again, I'm very sorry to see you out. You are still very welcome to be official BLTZ pool is you wish.

@general fud
solo miners have no chance since this coin is so hot. I have announcements on PM from people with ~50Mh/s, and not just a handful.. quite a number. The best chance for small miners is to join a pool, as it appears if they will mine with ~5Mh/s will get nothing but orphaned blocks.
For everyone who think pools will get "magic wallet", they will not. Source code will be released to all at the same time. a Github link in OP. Everyone can compile  a Qt in like 10~15 minutes in virtual machine in linux. it's about same time I'll release password for compiled win wallet.

A different kind of fud is virus and trojan.. Again, if you are afraid you are very welcome to compile your own wallet from the source. The wallet will be hosted at google docs, as google don't allow viruses on their servers and run virus check BEFORE EVERY DOWNLOAD!

I can admit I didn't expect for BLTZ to be this popular, and all the pressure that came with it.. I'm happy though I stayed firm with postponing the BLTZ as I learned there is no hard cap on coin amount. Such a common mistake with lots of coins, but here with BLTZ there is no chance to make hard fork a week from now. Everything needed to be perfect at launch.
As I'm responsible person, I didn't want to release a broken coin and to say fuck you all after we realise that number of coins will be infinite.

It's easy to release the coin, but it's not easy to make it perfect. Take a look at other coins.. so much forks in just a few weeks after release.. BLITZ can't afford that.

I'm grateful for every miner that will join us, for every pool, for every trader and every person in any way associated with BLTZ.
Thank you all!

What are the pools that are live at launch?

I am starving
Please donate some WC so I can buy some food.
WC: WX8vccXQ4nEhtAnMiMrMC5r95bsGpCKyth
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

POOL OPERATORS
please contact me on PM with your IP to add it as addnode in config file.
this will reduce number of orphans for all pools and increase number of connections at launch time for all.
chongo

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

can someone tell me how i can solo mine this coin or where i can find an explanation to do so?
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:51:16 PM

can someone tell me how i can solo mine this coin or where i can find an explanation to do so?

I'll strongly recommend to join a pool if you have less than 25Mh/s.
To solo mine BLTZ you can use tutorials from doge coin, they are quite good and easy to follow. From setting up and compiling a QT in linux to seting up your miners.
MiningViking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:54:21 PM

no solomine for this type of coin is bullshit
only people with high hasrate have a chance

solomine can help small miner to have a chance to mine

Join a pool? Solo mining for single cards or smaller rigs died ages ago..

Iraq!? Afghanistan!? Bring your boys back home and drop a few big ones!!
niteryder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS

Please make sure you do not mine with us.

Yesterday the developer left us all out to dry.

I was at my son's school play and I rushed home with 5 minutes to spare to release this coin yesterday.  Developer did not even show his face.

I will not support a coin like this going forward, and you should not either.

At dedicatedpool we are professionals, and we will not be treated like some dogs waiting for scraps of meat.  Developers need to either get their stuff properly organized and understand what it means to be a professional developer, or stop releasing coins and wasting people's time.

Furthermore, there were also countless miners that rented rigs, waiting for this, the second launch, to work.  The first launch failed, the second launch the developer did not even show up.  I cannot support a coin that makes promises and wastes my miner's money as well.

Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

While I agree with Ryan on this, I also think this is the price of doing business.  Pool ops have long strange hours that are never convenient and launches that are complete flops seem to be the new norm.  I, for one, really think that the professional services we offer should be sought after.  Pool ops should not need to be posting in a coin threads about "come sign up with us".  Coin Devs should be contacting us and asking us if they can have a pool established for their coin.

Jes

Rigimon

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:57:39 PM

What pool do you recommend me to start mining in? I have only 1.3mhs rig... Is Okaypool live at launch?

I am starving
Please donate some WC so I can buy some food.
WC: WX8vccXQ4nEhtAnMiMrMC5r95bsGpCKyth
cryptofloes

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:58:17 PM

Is it worthwhile to use my 4 Mh/s's for this coin?
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

based on interest and announcements BLTZ will be very valuable, very lucrative for anyone who hold even a small amount of BLTZ
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

While I agree with Ryan on this, I also think this is the price of doing business.  Pool ops have long strange hours that are never convenient and launches that are complete flops seem to be the new norm.  I, for one, really think that the professional services we offer should be sought after.  Pool ops should not need to be posting in a coin threads about "come sign up with us".  Coin Devs should be contacting us and asking us if they can have a pool established for their coin.

Jes

The Dev missing the entire launch and not having wallets compiled should not be 'the cost of doing business.' Competent devs don't make these mistakes.

The coin launches are too dodgy. Jumping into a thread and volunteering 'professional services' to someone who may be a scammer and is probably incompetent doesn't make any one money.

You are right, though, real devs should want to work with experienced pools. Their reputations are on the line too.

pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:08:05 PM

based on interest and announcements BLTZ will be very valuable, very lucrative for anyone who hold even a small amount of BLTZ

if i get it wright, there is no point of mining this unless i have more then  5mhs?

life is amazing
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:10:12 PM

give at least 30 mins early the password zips with the wallet qt inside.

don't release source to anyone before launch...

don't post nodes before launch

then the only person that can crash the launch is yourself. If you do it all correctly it will go smoothly.

ress

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:10:52 PM

if i get it wright, there is no point of mining this unless i have more then  5mhs?

Solo mining that is. Of course you'll get coins with less than 5 MHs if you join a pool.

BlitzCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

wrong. there is no point to solo mine it if you have less than 25Mh/s.
Smaller miners are welcome to join pools. With pools small miners have a chance to get BLTZ instead of orphaned blocks.
Every miner, no matter how small can join a pool and get his share of BLTZ!
sq

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

Almost there!! ---> Check Coin Countdown

NickPortland

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:13:26 PM

wait, did the coin launch already?

If not, when?

Thanks.

Hard to keep track of all these technical difficulties lately..

EDIT: ok i setup http://bltz.hashfever.com as a pool, can someone confirm it's gonna go live or...?  Dedicated abandoned the project so you never know!

Thanks again

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:13:39 PM

Right in the OP it shows this:

So did all of you pools get your bounty yet? .5 BTC is very lucrative!

BlitzCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

give at least 30 mins early the password zips with the wallet qt inside.

don't release source to anyone before launch...

don't post nodes before launch

then the only person that can crash the launch is yourself. If you do it all correctly it will go smoothly.

can you imagine how many orphans you'll get if you try to solo mine it? As well, how many forks BLTZ will get with less experienced miners rushing to solo mine without FULL SYNC of the wallet?
I'll make checkpoints to reduce the risk, but still..

or I didn't get you correctly?
yotadrivers

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS

Please make sure you do not mine with us.

Yesterday the developer left us all out to dry.

I was at my son's school play and I rushed home with 5 minutes to spare to release this coin yesterday.  Developer did not even show his face.

I will not support a coin like this going forward, and you should not either.

At dedicatedpool we are professionals, and we will not be treated like some dogs waiting for scraps of meat.  Developers need to either get their stuff properly organized and understand what it means to be a professional developer, or stop releasing coins and wasting people's time.

Furthermore, there were also countless miners that rented rigs, waiting for this, the second launch, to work.  The first launch failed, the second launch the developer did not even show up.  I cannot support a coin that makes promises and wastes my miner's money as well.

Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

hahaha. Main pool is out 1 day ago, but still like official pool in main screen. Deweloper, please go school!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: