Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BLTZ] [IPO Hybrid] BlitzCoin | proof of concept coin | pure speculative  (Read 200927 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:37:57 PM

Sorry for the noob question, but is there anything the dev could have done to avoid this kind of problems ? I see a lot of people blaming the dev but I always assumed that forks are like taxes, part of life xD.

no, nothing I could do. he was pressuring  me to relaunch the coin that have more than 6Gh/s
all other forked pools adopted in first hour, but he maintained fork for hours.

I think I'm sure the dev of this coin is a 13-14 yo kid without any idea how bitcoin/nodes/peers etc. work.

Of course he was able to do multiple things to let the coin NOT fork at launch, look at all the other coinlaunches without problems.
The dev is a total retard, that alone makes the coin absolutely worthless.

You cannot simply shut down a pool with 800mh/s and "resync" to an other fork assuming this is the correct one. A pool is no "windows box" which you reboot every 5 hours and shit on the users and its hashrate, you try to give them a decent service not a "f*ck you all, I'll delete everyone coins and simply jump on the other fork".

It was not just me who said you should relaunch your trash-coin, it was several users, of course NOT the users on one of the other forks.

Now, a day after the launch you STILL haven't got your coin under control moron.

Care to explain more about what could have been done ?.

relaunch will also delete the coins of your miners or not ? keeping the pool running in the wrong fork is even worse, that decision caused a lot of wasted electricity and the coins are lost anyways.

pool op abused other people resources by keeping it mine at his pool that was forked for hours. all other pools adopted to right fork in first hour.
coin relaunch was only solution, but network was 6Gh/s and relaunch was not an option.

abusing other people resources is serious issue. it shows how easy a pool op can abuse all gpu power in private purposes.
pool op can play with other people money and resources, and it can do what he want. because of that all users need to find a reliable pool that will not decide one day he want to use their resources for hours for other purposes..

as well, ocminer didn't provide IP for addnode, like most of the pools to be honest. adding a pool IP as addnode is reducing orphans on the pool, and making forks is almost impossible.

Abusing GPU Power ?! For what ?? For YOUR f*cking retard coin you mega-moron, do you even think before you write ? The Pool was for YOUR coin, it was not for MY pleasure or for makeing me happy, it was dedicated to support YOUR idea and the miners on the pool were YOUR miners !

That makes it even clearer that you're a young boy without any understanding of how things work out.

A pool never "provides" an IP, but if you need it, I explain it to you:

Open a DOS Box, thats "Start-Execute cmd"
Then enter this: "ping retardcoin.moronhead.com"

The resulting IP you get is the IP of the pool. So even if you urgently NEED the IP but pool does not provide it, as you say, you can simply ping the host and you GOT the ip.

And you again did not understand .. there was no clear "right fork" in the first hour... read in the history of this thread..

You're the most - wait - the MOST retarded dev of a coin I ever, ever, ever read about.. unbelievable.. Stole a coin, launch bullshit and blames it's own supporters .. lol

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:38:08 PM

Sorry for the noob question, but is there anything the dev could have done to avoid this kind of problems ? I see a lot of people blaming the dev but I always assumed that forks are like taxes, part of life xD.

no, nothing I could do. he was pressuring  me to relaunch the coin that have more than 6Gh/s

I think I'm sure the dev of this coin is a 13-14 yo kid without any idea how bitcoin/nodes/peers etc. work.

Of course he was able to do multiple things to let the coin NOT fork at launch, look at all the other coinlaunches without problems.

You cannot simply shut down a pool with 800mh/s and "resync" to an other fork assuming this is the correct one. A pool is no "windows box" which you reboot every 5 hours and shit on the users and its hashrate, you try to give them a decent service not a "f*ck you all, I'll delete everyone coins and simply jump on the other fork".

It was not just me who said you should relaunch your trash-coin, it was several users, of course NOT the users on one of the other forks.

Now, a day after the launch you STILL haven't got your coin under control moron.

relaunch will also delete the coins of your miners or not ? keeping the pool running in the wrong fork is even worse, that decision caused a lot of wasted electricity and the coins are lost anyways.

pool op abused other people resources by keeping it mine at his pool that was forked for hours. all other pools adopted to right fork in first hour.
coin relaunch was only solution, but network was 6Gh/s and relaunch was not an option.

abusing other people resources is serious issue. it shows how easy a pool op can abuse all gpu power in private purposes.
pool op can play with other people money and resources, and it can do what he want. because of that all users need to find a reliable pool that will not decide one day he want to use their resources for hours for other purposes..

as well, ocminer didn't provide IP for addnode, like most of the pools to be honest. adding a pool IP as addnode is reducing orphans on the pool, and making forks is almost impossible.

You know, if you didn't present yourself as an amateur that didn't even show up for your second launch, dedicatedpool would of been on board.  You scared away all the good pools, then the scampools hopped on over the hype.  

Nice job creating another shitcoin.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:39:08 PM

You know, if you didn't present yourself as an amateur that didn't even show up for your second launch, dedicatedpool would of been on board.  You scared away all the good pools, then the scampools hopped on over the hype.  

Nice job creating another shitcoin.

+11111

chango

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

Dev posts are killing my profits.... ok time to sleep good night.
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:43:33 PM

Abusing GPU Power ?! For what ?? For YOUR f*cking retard coin you mega-moron, do you even think before you write ? The Pool was for YOUR coin, it was not for MY pleasure or for makeing me happy, it was dedicated to support YOUR idea and the miners on the pool were YOUR miners !

That makes it even clearer that you're a young boy without any understanding of how things work out.

The resulting IP you get is the IP of the pool. So even if you urgently NEED the IP but pool does not provide it, as you say, you can simply ping the host and you GOT the ip.

And you again did not understand .. there was no clear "right fork" in the first hour... read in the history of this thread..

You're the most - wait - the MOST retarded dev of a coin I ever, ever, ever read about.. unbelievable.. Stole a coin, launch bullshit and blames it's own supporters .. lol

you kept miners on a fork for hours not me.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:43:56 PM

Dev posts are killing my profits.... ok time to sleep good night.

you better sell as long as you can

binaryclock

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:44:24 PM

Dev posts are killing my profits....

There isn't any profits to be made.  Mintpal already knows about the shitstorm.  You guys think this is going to be like BC you're sadly mistaken.

It'll be on a few fringe exchanges, get dumped, and forgotten.  No self-respecting exchange is going to host this daemon.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
chango

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:52:27 PM

There isn't any profits to be made.  Mintpal already knows about the shitstorm.  You guys think this is going to be like BC you're sadly mistaken.

It'll be on a few fringe exchanges, get dumped, and forgotten.  No self-respecting exchange is going to host this daemon.

We will see..., I will save this quote for later in case the price rise or tank, until now the price is not as bad as someone would expect after a failed launch. And greed is a very good motivator in the crypto world.
pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:53:31 PM

any news on win wallet?

life is amazing
joe_b

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:54:40 PM

Any Mac OS X Wallets available?
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:57:32 PM

any news on Android wallet ?

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
Philll90

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:58:29 PM

you kept miners on a fork for hours not me.

ocminer 1 : 0 BlitzCoinDev

Looks like the arguments from the dev run out.
organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:09:47 PM

I REALLY don't like this devolved pools vs. devs thing that's happening... i'll tell you why...

I was mining FLT really early and occassionally (not full time unfortunately!) but on a regular rotation because I liked the coin. Now take some time and go over there and read through the history. That coin had a shitload of issues from launch even after it hit BTER (blocks were getting stuck for like 10 hours).

Now at some point, I was pool mining and there was a scheduled fork happening to fix an issue. So, of course, the pool I was on did NOT keep backups of wallets (Huh) and just tried to direct patch the coin. Wallet gets corrupted, results in unhappy me with too many coins being lost.

I go talk to them in their IRC, they tell me coin is fucked, dev is fucked, coin is shit, coin will never go anywhere (this about a week before BTER announcement).

Now, i'm not trying to compare coins here, but rather that it makes me pretty sad to see pool ops resort to confronting devs... it's really not your place, I would hope you'd be professional enough to remain neutral on a coin. I think whatever the quality of the coin and/or developer, it's up to the market to decide... Coins have issues, many coins are crap, many devs are crap,  but again let the market decide...

Whether you like the dev or not, you're still coming in hurting your peers (there are still some really solid pools on this coin, with solid ops) as well as miners by acting like this...

@binaryclock, I dunno man I like ya and have chatted with you many times during launches on IRC... but this seems a bit petty for you....

BlitzCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:11:16 PM

Win wallet with checkpoints.
If you have sync issues it's strongly recommended to update to new wallet.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lBEhr0wF7qWjhrRVdyZklrZzA&export=download
https://mega.co.nz/#!p1ZXAQiQ!u4cwJQY0br3KzQxI50sMrNdttqejwhNHLkXd_B7sum8

Close you wallet
Go to Start -> Run (or press WinKey+R) and run this:
%APPDATA%\BlitzCoin
delete everything BUT LEAVE wallet.dat
create new file: BlitzCoin.conf and add:
server=1
rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
addnode=cryptexplorer.com

start your wallet again and it should sync to the right chain
ikanunaki

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:21:48 PM

Any Blitz here??
lock here is like premine

My XDN address: xdn.io/name/ikanunaki
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:24:06 PM

Why the FUCK do these pools seem so incompetent to mitigate DDoS attacks I mean come on some of these pools ahve been around for a long time and you can't get this shit right. And the DDoS fucking pricks should be shot in the fucking head. Cock suckers.

"And the DDoS fucking pricks should be shot in the fucking head" - 100% agree Smiley and most of the attacks come probably from competing pools.
We get them several times a day when our hash rate is much higher than that of other pools.

We put in a lot of coins to protect against ddos attacks but not every attack can be prevented in 100%. Unfortunately, sometimes protective measures that we employ, disconnect also "real" miners.

At huge ddos (a lot of Gb/s) there is no way to tell which is a true miner and which is a attacker.

So I apologise that some of you were disconnected.

tell God to level the playing field. I have asked him for years but it appears he doesn't listen. Maybe if you ask him, he will listen.

eddiechi

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:37:01 PM

ok, I have to chime in because this is one of the most asinine things I have read on here......... " because of that all users need to find a reliable pool that will not decide one day he want to use their resources for hours for other purposes.."....

another dev pushing incompetence on others, pass the buck please......  on what planet would anyone believe this crap...

isn't this the dev that disappeared twice upon launch without a word and then showed backup stating, let me simply paraphrase..." the reason for delayed launch and my disappearing act was so I can make sure there were no problems with forks and launch"Huh?.... and what has this thing done, fork about 6 times now and sent dif coins to at least 4 dif pools nowand the DEV doen't have the capacity or know-how to fix it........  checkpoint?

and then to state "users need to find a reliable pool...."    this incompetence goes beyond finding a reliable pool... reliable pool or not they are trying to mine the dev coin...NOT "use their resources for hours for other purposes"....  how does that statement not tell you the level of incompetence of this DEV...  he's acting like evryone in here is a nooob with these statements I consider insulting to the mining community.....

....." it shows how easy a pool op can abuse all gpu power in private purposes.
pool op can play with other people money and resources...."    .......  -  

wtf, do you think we live on mars?  More pools have to take a stand and responsibility when they see this kind of incompetence like dedicatedpool did or else it just breeds more incompetent dev trying to copycat more shtcoins......
pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:40:02 PM

Win wallet with checkpoints.
If you have sync issues it's strongly recommended to update to new wallet.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lBEhr0wF7qWjhrRVdyZklrZzA&export=download
https://mega.co.nz/#!p1ZXAQiQ!u4cwJQY0br3KzQxI50sMrNdttqejwhNHLkXd_B7sum8

Close you wallet
Go to Start -> Run (or press WinKey+R) and run this:
%APPDATA%\BlitzCoin
delete everything BUT LEAVE wallet.dat
create new file: BlitzCoin.conf and add:
server=1
rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
addnode=cryptexplorer.com

start your wallet again and it should sync to the right chain

win wallet works fine, first i installed, i didnt even try to download wallet yesterday, waited for a day and transfered everything in seconds

life is amazing
DeltaQuebec

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:40:27 PM

I REALLY don't like this devolved pools vs. devs thing that's happening... i'll tell you why...

I was mining FLT really early and occassionally (not full time unfortunately!) but on a regular rotation because I liked the coin. Now take some time and go over there and read through the history. That coin had a shitload of issues from launch even after it hit BTER (blocks were getting stuck for like 10 hours).

Now at some point, I was pool mining and there was a scheduled fork happening to fix an issue. So, of course, the pool I was on did NOT keep backups of wallets (Huh) and just tried to direct patch the coin. Wallet gets corrupted, results in unhappy me with too many coins being lost.

I go talk to them in their IRC, they tell me coin is fucked, dev is fucked, coin is shit, coin will never go anywhere (this about a week before BTER announcement).

Now, i'm not trying to compare coins here, but rather that it makes me pretty sad to see pool ops resort to confronting devs... it's really not your place, I would hope you'd be professional enough to remain neutral on a coin. I think whatever the quality of the coin and/or developer, it's up to the market to decide... Coins have issues, many coins are crap, many devs are crap,  but again let the market decide...

Whether you like the dev or not, you're still coming in hurting your peers (there are still some really solid pools on this coin, with solid ops) as well as miners by acting like this...

@binaryclock, I dunno man I like ya and have chatted with you many times during launches on IRC... but this seems a bit petty for you....

Its actually about time, that pool ops and miners actually start fighting back with a lot of the garbage, theses incompetent 'dev's' 1/2 assed attempts at making a coin, create huge amounts of un-necessary work for them. Supporting every shit coin is fruitless, and a poor mining & business decision. Just because some one releases a coin, it dosent make them a 'dev', just like if I sell coins on an exchange and make a few bucks it dosen't make me a 'trader'.

Say NO to shitcoins
gg234

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

payments are not working http://bltz.multi-pool.eu/
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: