Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28061 times)
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:44:11 AM

You don't use megawatts of power for space broadcast. I mean hell, you can pick up moonbounce transmissions sub-1W.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:10:45 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 09:02:07 AM by chipless

You don't use megawatts of power for space broadcast. I mean hell, you can pick up moonbounce transmissions sub-1W.

You ruined it, that was for him to answer I wanted to see if he would comment, if he is any of the men on the HST team he is pathetic and in no way acts according to NASA's policies the way he started off his conversation. Very unprofessional and is more then likely a janitor or some sort of assistant to someone. Forgot to add he has made fun of handicapped people, really he goes to a level of thinking its funny to pick on a handicapped person thats a pathetic person with a pathetic life.

He has shown nothing but internet copy and pastes and doubts every person on the internet who has proven him wrong. He has said it will work but not with the intended outcome but has yet to show a different way to get the full outcome all he keeps insisting on is the motor doesnt pull the rated or close to rated amps and a pulley cant give you more rpm and the needed torque or you need more batteries and charging power and how you cant get your power cheaper etc...etc. Common sense would say if you need more power add batteries or more generator head to acheive the needed outcome.

Bigger then I showed ...You can run 4x 2000w heads from 1x 1/2hp electric motor and have enough torque and speed to get 8000 watts charging power or about 332 amps charging power. So if you use a 24vdc 8000 watt inverter you sustain with no batteries, they help take the load off directly pulling from the inverter, the electric motor is only pulling about 8 amps at 120vac or 1000 watts. So you just went from drawing will say 5000 watts from the wall for your miner to 1000 watts from the wall that isnt too hard to understand and you still have 3000 watts left on the inverter to use. To say you need a motor that pulls 72 amps to make the motor spin with the right torque and speed is just stupidity. With a motor that big you could run over 20 PMG/PMA's. 72 amps is equal to a 11hp gas engine on a 15-20kw gas generator he dont want to acknowledge that a PMG and PMA has very little drag when compared to a normal generator head.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:52:37 AM

we know, as you wrote in your first post, you personally run that system and power multiple asic from it

it is just such a shame bitmain did not read about it, done it on large scale, so they could avoid so much pollution from the coal power plants

Actually you need to look at there new BitDeer facility it is on a river and you can clearly see the water coming out from the building they may be using Hydro-Generator systems to run that facility you cant see any power lines running to the mountains edge where the facility is located. They may also be using it for liquid cooling

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 10:02:13 AM

we know, as you wrote in your first post, you personally run that system and power multiple asic from it

it is just such a shame bitmain did not read about it, done it on large scale, so they could avoid so much pollution from the coal power plants

Actually you need to look at there new BitDeer facility it is on a river and you can clearly see the water coming out from the building they may be using Hydro-Generator systems to run that facility you cant see any power lines running to the mountains edge where the facility is located. They may also be using it for liquid cooling

Nobody is disputing renewable energy sources like wind or hydro, I think that they're amazing. The thing people are disagreeing with is that you're putting some energy into a system, and getting more out.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

Without a video explaining how it works and proof it works as advertised then this is pretty much a biased thread.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:41:51 PM

I just started a GoFundMe page, raising money to send Chipless back to high school.

I'm on my 5th box of popcorn.... This is just too much.

Aww.....You didnt have to do that direct them to make a donation to the wallet on the first post.

And there lies the scam. He’s making it look like he’s doing something to trick people into donating.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:52:02 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 04:53:08 PM by gsrcrxsi314

Go back to high school and take a physics class.

Mr Rocket Scientist who works for NASA as a diaper engineer hasn't shown any other form of diagram that shows how it should be. I am sure you know many ways if you are such the NASA Engineer, don't satellites use solar and batteries? So show us how it all works. Don't the batteries stay charged from the solar panels so it can produce megawatts of power for its transmission systems and they run for about 5-15 years that way. They run on free energy great but you only capture so much sunlight in 24 continuous hours to produce megawatts of transmission power. So tell us the power saving trick. Otherwise go back to watching your monitor because you are not in any research and development building your in the operations you don't need to be a genius to work in that building. Microsofts tech support is in an operations building in india so that says what operations buildings are like.

To get on that base all it takes is to talk to the right person. You apparently didn't get that I am a retired contractor and was part of a team which performed Homeland Security threat assessments and my security clearances are still valid. You assume something you don't know all the details to. My part was to evaluate and setup systems that could run in national disasters for everyday people with the least amount of tools, equipment, and so on so yes some of my designs have been verified by more then just a diaper engineer. I dont believe you are suppose to be taking pictures inside the secure area either but I may be wrong. If my memory is right there are 3 or 4 gates to the center and building 29 is over by building 7 and 10. You should have chose Huntsville the weather there is so much better in the winters.

I haven’t given you a diagram because it will never work the way you claim. You will always have to add equal (or more) energy into the system than you get out of it. Off-grid means using wind/solar/hydro power. You can’t “replace the wind with an electric motor” and think you’ll be paying for less electricity than the miners will use. Not possible.

Your setup will work if you replace the motor/PMG setup with 60kW of solar panels or wind turbines. Short of that, you ain’t getting 60kW.  

And yes my satellite uses batteries. And a solar array. 108 Nickel-Hydrogen battery cells, and a 5.5KW 30ft solar array (it has degraded from 19 years of use). The solar array collects power to power the bus and charge the batteries, and when we enter eclipse/night mode, the battery array powers everything. 15 orbits a day, 99minutes per orbit. Roughly 65mins in Day, then 35minutes in night. The satellite only uses about 2300W (not even close to megawatts, you're off by a factor of 1000, not even the ISS uses this much power). the 108 cells are arranged into 2 separate 54-battery arrays. each cell ranges from about 1.2-1.5v and linked in series. this gives us 2 redundant batteries ranging from 65-80V, and with both working they share the load equally (but each can operate the satellite alone if there were to be a failure of one whole array). each battery goes through a battery power conditioner which up-scales the battery voltage to a 120V DC bus voltage, which is then applied to all the different areas of the satellite. each component has their own electrical power conditioner (EPC) if they require a lower voltage to run on. our batteries have enough capacity such that they only discharge about 20% during that night period, and they get fully charged in the next day.

here i even drew you a picture:

notice how the input is greater than the output. because when we have power input (sunlight on the solar array), not only do we have to support the 2300W continuous load, we have to have even more power available to recharge the battery at the same time.

We’ve been operational for 19 years and over 100,000 orbits and charge/discharge cycles. We know what we are doing.

what you fail to realize in all of your rambling is that while you can use inverters to convert voltage you CANNOT use this to convert POWER. that stays the same (in an ideal 100% efficient system) on both sides of the component. what you're trying to do is replace the solar array in my picture with a 500w motor. it wont work.
evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:00:49 PM

I just started a GoFundMe page, raising money to send Chipless back to high school.

Aww.....You didnt have to do that direct them to make a donation to the wallet on the first post.

And there lies the scam. He’s making it look like he’s doing something to trick people into donating.
It is for the comedy
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:49:34 PM

What is its cost?

cost can vary depending on your power needs. You can build a small system for about 1000 then the larger you go the cost goes up because you need to add more batteries and generator heads.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:55:10 PM
Merited by romelitounknown (1)

No one is tricking anyone I put out information and said "IF" you find it helpful or useful please donate. I never implied that you had to donate. Therefore it is the individual persons choice.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:18:24 PM

it will only work when pulling the same or more power from the wall than the load you are trying to feed.

i never said it cant be done with the right components. i said i can't be done the way you've described it.

you cant turn 500W into greater than 500W for "free". i would call just as much bullshit if you were claiming to power 501W as you are 60,000. you have to add more energy somewhere, either being wind, solar, heat, mechanical, etc. all of which cost money in some way. solar/wind/hydro(if you have a nearby natural water flow) is "free" but has high upfront costs that take time to recoup. mechanical, like you powering a bike for example, can be "free" if you exert the force yourself, but you're a human and will tire, and even then require food to generate your own energy (food costs money too). and you wont get anywhere near powering a miner on human bike power.

it's clear you fucked up, and havent been running your "setup" long enough to see your power bill. you may have built "something", but it's using the same amount of power from the wall or more than what you would be using without it if you are not supplimenting with solar or wind or other outside energy sources.

there's no free lunch.

stay in school kids.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 01:27:36 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2019, 01:42:34 PM by arielbit

somebody has a website and materials/parts...the scam is bigger than donations, people will purchase parts and will be charged with labor (installation)..at the end of it all thousands of dollars spent by the unknowing customer, wondering why his electric bill is till huge while staring at his wind turbine scratching his head LOL.

there are scams like water purification that costs thousands of dollars and the unsuspecting customer doesn't know the device installed was a typical 300$ walmart filtration system.

the sales pitch is 90% truth and 10% lies ..works on certain people, not here, even if there are some people here who aren't knowledgeable in electricity there are a lot of people here who do...this is "altcoin mining section" hehe

@chipless

since you show us your miners....show us your electric bill.. i dare you  Wink
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 03:05:24 PM

somebody has a website and materials/parts...the scam is bigger than donations, people will purchase parts and will be charged with labor (installation)..at the end of it all thousands of dollars spent by the unknowing customer, wondering why his electric bill is till huge while staring at his wind turbine scratching his head LOL.

there are scams like water purification that costs thousands of dollars and the unsuspecting customer doesn't know the device installed was a typical 300$ walmart filtration system.

the sales pitch is 90% truth and 10% lies ..works on certain people, not here, even if there are some people here who aren't knowledgeable in electricity there are a lot of people here who do...this is "altcoin mining section" hehe

@chipless

since you show us your miners....show us your electric bill.. i dare you  Wink

judging by his intelligence, middle school level insults, and lacking the ability to provide any explanation for how it supposedly works, it's likely that HE'S the one who got scammed into buying this hahahaha. he'll get a surprise when next month's power bill shows up.
melt7777

Activity: 128
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 04:17:09 PM

Hello miners,

We have discussed solar mining quite a bit over the years. It's a tough ROI to reach when GPUs are ROI quickly, but for some places with high power costs, it's a no-brainer. We have a member of the PiMP OS Beta team, mtayyab, who has a really nice solar-powered mining farm in Pakistan.  He was kind enough to provide a brief explanation as well as some photos, for our rig showcase. Here you can see a mining farm powered by solar in the wild: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/4915/mtayyab-s-solar-powered-pimp-farm-with-custom-super-frames

He has had some ups and downs with it. Most recently he had to buy an Automatic Voltage Regulator to keep the rigs at a steady voltage. Before installing that, the fluctuations sure were causing some weird behavior!

Hope that you enjoy this and keep up the great work designing these farms!!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:35:51 PM

This video is a really good video for you to discredit. Quantum energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-a8QAeCoNU

2100 watts of free power he is getting.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:42:46 PM

Hello miners,

We have discussed solar mining quite a bit over the years. It's a tough ROI to reach when GPUs are ROI quickly, but for some places with high power costs, it's a no-brainer. We have a member of the PiMP OS Beta team, mtayyab, who has a really nice solar-powered mining farm in Pakistan.  He was kind enough to provide a brief explanation as well as some photos, for our rig showcase. Here you can see a mining farm powered by solar in the wild: https://forum.getpimp.org/topic/4915/mtayyab-s-solar-powered-pimp-farm-with-custom-super-frames

He has had some ups and downs with it. Most recently he had to buy an Automatic Voltage Regulator to keep the rigs at a steady voltage. Before installing that, the fluctuations sure were causing some weird behavior!

Hope that you enjoy this and keep up the great work designing these farms!!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm

Nice...He is even running gpu's and not asic's

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:33:27 PM

“World Improvement Through The Spirit Ministries”
“Pray about it”
“Give a dollar or 1000 dollars, whatever the Lord is leading you to do”

You didn’t tell us that your machine runs on “thoughts and prayers”, gee that sure changes everything. I can’t imagine why this video from 2009 never caught on and we all aren’t reaping the benefits from this quantum machine that runs on Praying power!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:57:51 PM

“World Improvement Through The Spirit Ministries”
“Pray about it”
“Give a dollar or 1000 dollars, whatever the Lord is leading you to do”

You didn’t tell us that your machine runs on “thoughts and prayers”, gee that sure changes everything. I can’t imagine why this video from 2009 never caught on and we all aren’t reaping the benefits from this quantum machine that runs on Praying power!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are such a moronic ass..... How can you live with yourself when you make fun of handicapped people, make fun of religion, and kids. It shows how intelligent you really are and what type of a person you are. Like I said your a copy and paste man who likes google search or a democrat. Those who have to belittle and try to bully others is done because they have such a shitty life.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:11:55 PM

Taking bets that chipless is also a Flat Earther Cheesy
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:11:48 AM

Taking bets that chipless is also a Flat Earther Cheesy

Id would rather be a flat earther, dumbass, stupid, or whatever childish names you want to call then a low piece of shit like you. Do you realize you offended every disabled veteran and handicapped person with your moronic comments. You sure aint no engineer or scientist or whatever you think you are you are nothing more then a wannabe who if they don't see it your way then they are beneath you. No wonder your wife is screwing the neighbor.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: