Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Hate KYC !!!  (Read 93888 times)
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:32:08 PM

I don't see any reason why bounty hunters should be running away from KYC unless they are using bots or participating with multiple accounts. However, hunters also have right to data/identity privacy especially in the case of unconfirmed projects. Similarly, fear of strict KYC procedures will cause any hunter to avoid KYC processes. Some projects can be so strict with the verification process, frustrating the hunter of which in the end, he can lose his reward.
Seeing some projects requesting for international passport as the only form of identity is a total turn off.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:36:51 PM

I don't see any reason why bounty hunters should be running away from KYC unless they are using bots or participating with multiple accounts. However, hunters also have right to data/identity privacy. Similarly, fear of strict KYC procedures will make any hunter to avoid KYC. Some projects are strict with KYC and this can frustrate any hunter of which in the end, he can lose his reward.

The reason is very simple: the safety of your data in some new project is not guarantee. I don't see reasons for KYC in Bitcointalk signature bounty, Twitter-Facebook-etc campaigns. There are specific requirements to social media accounts, forum ranks of each bounty. So KYC is not neccessary

Adya

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:41:26 PM

i am okey with kyc procedure. do not know why other guys hate kyc. maybe some of them have few accounts in one campaign.

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:21:58 PM

i am okey with kyc procedure. do not know why other guys hate kyc. maybe some of them have few accounts in one campaign.
The fact is that ants boudy companies invent quite sophisticated processes to provide personal data. One is the Desiko company, where it was very difficult or almost impossible to get through KYC. Bounty hunters simply wave Refers to the payment of their labor.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:32:38 PM

Similar discussions were repeatedly discussed in this thread. I think it makes no sense to talk about security breaches. Therefore, to speak now about what is better and what bounty hunters do not like is already clear. The most important thing is that we are not paid anything.
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:14:54 PM

You all handle your private documents rather uncarefully.

So you ask why people hate kyc procedures? Maybe because most people don't want to find their kyc documents being sold in the darknet...

You dont need kyc to handle duplicate entries in a spreadsheet.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:35:40 PM

You all handle your private documents rather uncarefully.

So you ask why people hate kyc procedures? Maybe because most people don't want to find their kyc documents being sold in the darknet...

You dont need kyc to handle duplicate entries in a spreadsheet.
I am agree with your opinion and this is how dark markets are able to get so many documents for sale. Bounty hunters should be careful before sending personal documents to unknown sources. Think twice as a bounty hunter if you are not sure about selling your personal info to scammers for 50 bucks.
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:38:27 PM

I don't hate KYC, but I hate those ICO projects that use KYC to steal hunter privacy, which makes me tired, I hate these fraudsters.
I agree with you, the reason behind KYC is not we getting this days,most project are scam thus days and beside not certain of the worth of token you get at the end of the bounty activities, so giving out your informations that may be use against you is worth it.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 09:06:08 PM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

As most projects do not warn hunters that at the end of the ICO they will be needed to do KYC. Usually, that is a short term and if you miss it for any reason, you will not be paid.
Many hunters doing all the bounties and when they are asked for KYC, they are starting to learn the project, as you do not want to provide documents to random people.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:10:58 PM

Similar discussions were repeatedly discussed in this thread. I think it makes no sense to talk about security breaches. Therefore, to speak now about what is better and what bounty hunters do not like is already clear. The most important thing is that we are not paid anything.
why not paying? you just take part in some strange campaigns. In 2019, many campaigns already paid tokens to the people who participated in 2018. if you are not paid, it means you did not choose the right campaign and you should learn how to choose

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:36:51 PM

Am beginning  to observe this to be true. I participated in raincheck and presently Velic, I noticed we have had lesser participants than in campaigns without KYC. Though it might be protective,It is also depriving for hunters to benefit from good projects. Project team should usually provide a means of promise to all investors and bounty hunters to ensure that all information submitted will be confidential and protected. 
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:47:52 PM

It is obvious that bounty hunters that run away from KYC are those with several account out to cheat and they use bot for there bounty work, As a bounty hunter you are also an investor therefore you must be available for rules pertaining  to the project.
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:51:18 PM

Because many do not want to give their personal data, some bounty hunters are engaged in multi-account and therefore can not pass the KYC.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:25:17 PM

Because many do not want to give their personal data, some bounty hunters are engaged in multi-account and therefore can not pass the KYC.
If that is the case then KYC is a more than a useful tool to control such act. we might need it more often
trofim21

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:29:20 PM

Often, many companies do not warn, and many participate, but at the very end it turns out that you need to go through this procedure, but many simply do not have documents for this, and it turns out that they worked for nothing.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:58:08 PM

Most people wouldn't want to expose their identity in exchange of some penny. The painful part is when the coin turn into a shit coin after providing your identity. Even after the introduction of KYC into crypto scam projects are still on the rise.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:58:51 PM

Often, many companies do not warn, and many participate, but at the very end it turns out that you need to go through this procedure, but many simply do not have documents for this, and it turns out that they worked for nothing.
What you said above actually happened to me. Previously, there was no KYC procedure, but after all the information was completed, information was given for bounty participants to send KYC and I just got the information after the KYC delivery period. And finally I got nothing after working a few weeks.

crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:24:06 AM

Well, it is obvious that bounty hunters are not excited when they are supposed to share their personal information to third parties they have no awareness off. Every bounty with KYC is a red flag for me. It works easily: let it be in a natural state of the Internet anonymity. KYC will not protect anyone (it was applied just to tax hell out of you though) and these campaigns tend to be not that popular and you do not have to be an engineer to see why. Fixing things that works fine? Contraproductive, is not it?

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:57:47 AM

Most people wouldn't want to expose their identity in exchange of some penny. The painful part is when the coin turn into a shit coin after providing your identity. Even after the introduction of KYC into crypto scam projects are still on the rise.
this is a problem and risk. where what is gained and also the risk that he will receive is very large by sharing their identity with people. . we really have to be careful in this matter

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 02:30:02 AM

I dont hate KYC and i has been apply KYC procces for some bounty program, but i hate they did not mention it when bounty started, and they mention it after bounty ended. KYC doesn't matter for me as long as it's not used for bad things. I also did KYC in many crypto exchanges and that thing is for AML and to avoid fraud activity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: